• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Tramadol and Suboxone

i dont know, man. i have 3 cavities, 1 impacted wisdom tooth, one with the gums growing over it, and another that is rotting and even chipped off - it hurts like hell. he asked if i needed painkillers and i was like ok. he fucking scripted me MOTRIN.

When i had oral surgery to have impacted wisdom teeth removed the put me on an IV with hydromorphone ,valium IV ,and some other stuff.After the surgery when I woke up,they sent me home with Demerol pills,and not hydocodones! Do you know for certain that you will only get hydrocodone? I hope you at least get oxycodone 10mg/325 apap aka percocet 10's , but the demerol they gave me was pretty decent for my pain relief..Anyway about tramadol since it is only a "quaisi opiate" according to the PDR,tramdol has action on only 3 of 4 of your opiate receptors thus the term quasi opiate used in the book,so I would think that it would work with bupe,since tramadol was once considered the "non-addictive" quasi opaie drug,but people still got addicted altho not like morphine,oxycodone or hydrocodone type addictions ,tramadol does have addcitive qualities if taken long enough at higher than recomended doses..anyway tramdol is a schedule IV (4) drug like Darvocet,but does have more CNS activity than darvocet ,even tho darvocet is actually an opaite beleive it or not,although i think darvocet muct be the weakest pain med out there,it might as well be otc like tylenol as shitty as darvocet is..lol..anyway good luck with the oral surgery,been through that before and it wa snot fun,but I was pretty well medicated during and after it,although that was 15+ years ago before I had any tolerance to opiates...

I always wondered what would happen if I had a accident while on suboxone. So I talked to my Dr. and he said, you would need a shit load of pain killers.

So what you should do is tell the dentist what your taking, and he can probably work somthing out to have you nicely medicated for a week. I would definently talk to them.

Have you thought of taking benzo's also? I know they dont kill the pain, but they still help.

when i had my wisdom teeth taken out, they gave me nitrous oxide, novocaine, and some IV where i blacked out during the surgery, IDK what drug it was but it made me emotional from its side effect, and the surgeon said i was talking away but wouldnt remember it, i was RXed Darvocet, this is when i was 17, my parents fought and told them im an opiate addict, the nurse just looked at them weird and gave me it...then i caught DRY SOCKET from smoking cigarettes (dry socket is very painful after teeth extraction) the psychiatrist at my rehab gave me lortab 5mg as needed..yeah i was in residential rehab, my oparents just took me to the surgeon..

at 24 right now, i have 3 teeth to get extracted, a root canal gone bad, a tooth where there is a hole down to the nerve, and one rotted to nothing, (none visible :) i have to go to a consultation to choose if i wanna bne putt out during the procedure. at the dentist, i noted i was in SUBOXONE, so im guessing the oral surgeon will just give me motrin this time around..

Go slow!

Shit, I was one of the first guinea pigs to be on buprenorphine.. I was even taking the pharmacist compounded wax squares before the suboxone/subutex came out. At this time the dr's knew literall nothing about the drug. I asked if the withdrawl was bad and they said not at all.. Boy was this a lie. I have been on methadone 3 times and benzos like 6 times and figured they had to be in fact the worst withdrawls. I was on a combo of methadone and a high dose of benzos and got kicked off. I thought there could be nothing as painful as this withdrawl. Boy was I wrong. After these withdrawls I was on 32 mgs subutex a day and got kicked off. OMG this was pure hell. Dont let your doc tell you that bupe is an easy withdrawl. It may possibally be the worse. If you ever have to get off of it try tapering an 1/8th mg every two weeks. Trust me you will not be happy if you dont. And I would not reccomend using tramadol to withdrawl with. Tramadol is a highly unpleasant drug to come off of.. it is like a mixture of opiate withdrawl and snri withdrawl. Take my advice and do an ultra slow taper.
Sincerely and Best of luck,
sp0r

Hello everyone, I have been on subs for 6 months and my family pushed me to go ahead and tapper off, which is probually a good idea.
The first 5 days were mainly, insomnia, diarea which have been fairly tollerable. Then, some days I would feel okay, then I would feel sick again, which was kinda strange. Well next I started feeling really anxious and, moving my legs a lot. And, on day 10 I just totally felt like my skeletin was going to jump out of my body, I could not handle it. I was shacking and my heart was beating really fast and I finally couldn't take it any more. So, I got my mom to watch my son and, I got my sis to take me to the emergancy room. I live in pensacola fl so it was very crowded but they took my condition very serious and took me back ahead of everyone, hooked me up with a fluid iv and gave me some adivan to calm me down. I am on day 11 now and I am in a lot of pain so I been taking my moms tramadol to take the edge off. Will tramadol prolong or delay my withdraw?

I believe that less is more as well and I always had the theory before I read it on bluelight that the more buprenorphine you take the more receptors are taken up leaving less room for norbuprenorphine to bind (the full agonist) causing more euphoria. Anyways everyone do what feels best to you but less IS more and here is a neat trick, try snorting 1-2mgs of subutex and you will get higher than SL any dose, or plugging any dose. Ive been on this stuff since 2003 and tried almost every day and the snorting of 1-2 gets me the highest. Alsmost like snorting half a stamp bag of decent heroin. Try it. I however stopped doing this because I now get generic subutex and it seems to hurt a hell of alot more than the name brand subutex, and dont even think about snorting suboxone because for some reason it clogs the living shit out of your nose. Once I snorted 4mgs and couldnt even get a slight bit of air into my nose for over 2 weeks. It was horrible. Also IV'ing a mg or 2 is pretty euphoric to me but still not as euphoric as snorting ~1-2mg subutex.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
sp0r
PS- I have taken Ultram before and after subs and it gets me high either way, no withdrawl ... I suggest however taking small doses of subs so that the tramadol has more receptors to bind to. Enjoy ;p

tramadol isnt scheduled. i think maybe in kansas or something, but as far as i know it aint in the US.

hmm, i was thinking if i told the dentist i was on bupe he wouldnt know what the fuck it was and just give me the same shit and i would suffer. OR i would tell him and he would know i was an addict and give me fucking tramadol. it would wicked nice is they just gave me percs or something. shit. i dont know though. maybe if i tell them im on buprenex injections for back pain or something so they dont think im an addict.

i dont feel any physician will RX someone a narcotic medicine if they are on suboxone, that could backfire and be malpractice and the doctor could lose his license, not to mention you will be viewed as an addict, so alot of things may cross a doctors mind, selling narcotics if they were to RX an opiate, abuse misuse of the medicine, accidental overdose, it just wont happen.

one time i went to the hospital to try to get into detox, for heroin addiction, i never told them i was on suboxone though,, they didnt admit me into detod bcause my vitals werent high enough, so the nurse comes back and gives me Immodium for the "runs" Clonidine to help with withdrawl, and last but not least "DARVON" to help decrease withdrawl symptoms, which surprised me. sounds like another contradiction, giving an addict an opiate script (even tho its weak). i went to the pharmacy to fill it, and got DENIED, the pharnmacist told me "i cannot fill your darvon it shows your on suboxone for opiate dependency as it is, me giving you this prescription its ethically wrong for me to do" so i couldnt get it filled. bottom line, if your on suboxone, your automatically labeled as an opiate addicted/dependent individual, the only way i see a doctor giving anyone an opiate thats on suboxone is if you are under they're care at a hospital and you really need a painkiller for an injury,surgery, etc;..

when i got my wisdom teeth out i was on 120mg methadone/day and he scripted me tylenol 3's for the pain, i called the next day and said they are too weak for me and i must not be able to metabolize codiene right, so he scripted my vics, i called and said they gave me a rash (they really didn't) he asked me to come in so i scratched the hell outta my skin before going inside to make it look all red and he saw it and said "would you like to try percocet?" and i smiled in my head and said "only if it will help" he said "well it should" i walked out with a script for 30 perc 10's tried to get high off them but my damn methadone dose blocked every attempt.. damn methadone.. i then CT'd methadone (worst w/d ever for anyone wondering) and now i have been on subs for 3 years and have been clean the whole time.. and they all lived happily ever after.. =D but im also scripted tramadol on top of my bupe for my fucked up back and it does help a little bit.. not as much as if i wasn't on subs but it does help a little which is better than nothing :\ im also on k-pins too and an arsenal you wouldn't believe of meds so it's safe to say im good.

yeah, i think disclosing that one is prescribed suboxone is a death sentence for pain issues. so should i say im on buprenex injections for back pain? no one is prescribed suboxone for pain issues, only addiction.

i guess ill just stop taking the subs for 2 days and they will see i have a high tolerance and give me stronger shit. i could always call and say it isnt doing shit. i have medicare though and the drs dont really give a FUCK about you. ill probably suffer in some way. oh well.

An Ultram/Tramadol w/d is so far the WORST I have experianced. I will NEVER go through that again again. Of course - everybody's chemistry is different. My POINT is: be aware that for some, this w/d is the WORST.

i dont feel any physician will RX someone a narcotic medicine if they are on suboxone, that could backfire and be malpractice and the doctor could lose his license, not to mention you will be viewed as an addict, so alot of things may cross a doctors mind, selling narcotics if they were to RX an opiate, abuse misuse of the medicine, accidental overdose, it just wont happen.

one time i went to the hospital to try to get into detox, for heroin addiction, i never told them i was on suboxone though,, they didnt admit me into detod bcause my vitals werent high enough, so the nurse comes back and gives me Immodium for the "runs" Clonidine to help with withdrawl, and last but not least "DARVON" to help decrease withdrawl symptoms, which surprised me. sounds like another contradiction, giving an addict an opiate script (even tho its weak). i went to the pharmacy to fill it, and got DENIED, the pharnmacist told me "i cannot fill your darvon it shows your on suboxone for opiate dependency as it is, me giving you this prescription its ethically wrong for me to do" so i couldnt get it filled. bottom line, if your on suboxone, your automatically labeled as an opiate addicted/dependent individual, the only way i see a doctor giving anyone an opiate thats on suboxone is if you are under they're care at a hospital and you really need a painkiller for an injury,surgery, etc;..
Thank you for the heads up...

Trams adiciton with suboxone will take you through hell

I am addicted to trams only for one year. Since I am not typically drug user, I really can't feel the pain and I am not use to having cold turkey's.

Because of that I bought SUBOXONE with hope I will get down in 7 days with no pain. I didn't take any trams 48 hours between suboxone and then I took 2 mg of suboxone.

From 8 pm yesterday, until now, I passed through the most horrible terror I ever past in my life. Before I was on heroine, opium and those withdrawalS are nothing to what I felt last night. I can not emphasize enough how horrible and painful it was!

Now, I am so disappointed. I read every forum on internet about this and all people said it's fine to take suboxone with tramadol. They probably meant if you are NOT ADDICTED to trams ONLY. I didn't find one case that was addicted to trams only to give me advice.

I must go clean in 7 days for going to business trip but I don't know how. Please help me people8)

How can I with at leas possible pain get down from this sheet TRAMADOL ?? I also wanted to share this experience because I think it wil be of some value to those who are in the same situation and don't know what to do.

IF YOU ARE ADDIDTED TO TRAMS DO NOT TAKE SUBOXON!!!!

How long does it last, what do you do to help you?

Is there anything that can help us during this w/d

I am addicted to trams only for one year. Since I am not typically drug user, I really can't feel the pain and I am not use to having cold turkey's.

Because of that I bought SUBOXONE with hope I will get down in 7 days with no pain. I didn't take any trams 48 hours between suboxone and then I took 2 mg of suboxone.

From 8 pm yesterday, until now, I passed through the most horrible terror I ever past in my life. Before I was on heroine, opium and those withdrawalS are nothing to what I felt last night. I can not emphasize enough how horrible and painful it was!

Now, I am so disappointed. I read every forum on internet about this and all people said it's fine to take suboxone with tramadol. They probably meant if you are NOT ADDICTED to trams ONLY. I didn't find one case that was addicted to trams only to give me advice.

I must go clean in 7 days for going to business trip but I don't know how. Please help me people8)

How can I with at leas possible pain get down from this sheet TRAMADOL ?? I also wanted to share this experience because I think it wil be of some value to those who are in the same situation and don't know what to do.

IF YOU ARE ADDIDTED TO TRAMS DO NOT TAKE SUBOXON!!!!

Your post is confusing... you start off saying you're not a typical drug user and later say you've been on heroin and opium and went thru WD's from that and it wasn't as bad as the trams. I've never been addicted to trams [or mixed them with subs] but can't imagine the wd's are worse than an opiate. Many here claim subs and trams are fine together so I wonder if there isn't something else at play??

Anyway, after waiting 48 hrs from your last trams, I'm surprised you had a reaction to 2mg subs. You don't say how much trams you were using but I suspect the WD's are more from trams than your reaction to subs.

From what I understand... Trams is not an opiate and using subs to help with WD's from them is probably not a good idea. Do yourself a favor and make an appointment with a dr or if you need help today... go to a hosp ER or immediate care center and find out your best course of action. Which ever way you go... don't expect to avoid WD's altogether. If you are going to quit then you will have to pay the piper something.

Sorry I couldn't be more help... perhaps someone with a trams addiction will respond with their own experience.

Thanx for your reply SubDude!
You are right in way regading the confusion of my post! To clear it up...... I past through heroine and opium w/d 23 years ago!!! Since then I never took any opiate. Exidently, for some other health reasons I start taking tram as pain killer and eventually got hooked. After 1 year I was sick of it and wanted to get rid of it. I read all this posts that taking tram and Sub together makes no problem. But my situation was probably "bit" different since I was takink up to 1000mg thramadola (YES, 1000mg), somtimes 1500mg a day! Then I didn't take any for 24 hours (not 48hours as I stated earlier) and when I took 2mg of sub I have experienced the most horrible terror I ever past in my life!

I was confused, and I am just trying to say that if you are addicted to regulare opiates as H, morphine etc, and after that take 100 or 200mg of tram and 4mg of sub you might be fine, but my expirience when I took 2mg of Sub 24 hours after I took my last dose of 1000mg of tram was the worst horor ever!

I hoped sub will help me to w/d from above explained kind of tram addiction, but it turned into horor.

I am just trying to say that if anyone is addicted to tram, NEVER, under any condition try to w/d with suboxol (in my case)

What would really be blessing to me is that someone tell me how to get dow from trams withouth PAIN, I can't stand pain anymore, please

There is difference between taking tramadol occasionally and be addicted to tramadol. It's two group of experiences and it seems to me we are talking here only about tramadol taken sometimes, not all the time. For those people tram is fine with sub, and that's great. So I read those posts, didn't know the thing I am bringing up now, I was addicted only to trams, and, when I took suboxon i almost died. So, it's becouse if you are addicted to trams you must NOT use suboxon for dedox. I am 4th day in bad, I passed through most terrible cold turkey ever and don't know what to do. I am wondering if that cold turkey took my addiction away, at lease that.

well, from reading around i think nucynta would be the best thing to take for pain if you are on suboxone. fucking blows that they made it C-II, it should be IV or III at the most. fucking DEA.