• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

TOOL / Alex Grey / Ani-Matrix / Family Guy / ?

As for Tool, IMO they are the most contrived group of crappy musicians ever to carry the psychedelic message (whatever that is). I sometimes wish I could like these guys, but their music and their attitude just makes me cringe. This is just my opinion ... hope I didn't upset anyone too much.
interesting you say this. I think tool is one of the best psychedelic bands since pink floyd.
They not only portray the light side but also the dark side of psychedelics.
A perfect circle is the same.
i am surprised you do not think they are talented...hmm.
good to hear other opinions though :)

family guy being the equivilent to alex grey or tool while tripping?

step away from the tv man, your tripping really really hard.

chemicalwasteland said:
i believe they are all equal, just different interpretations of the creators major influencing chemicals. none are wrong.

it is fun though to try and guess the chemically influenced thought processes of these artist.

It's interesting to note that Alex Grey, Tool, and the Wachowskis all create on psychedelic drugs, channeling their experience into their artwork. I've never heard McFarlene make any such claims but he is under the wing of Fox.

cornollio said:
family guy being the equivilent to alex grey or tool while tripping?

step away from the tv man, your tripping really really hard.
Don't knock it until you try it. ;)

I just can't wait for the Simpson movie to come out! Also the episode of Futurama called "The Sting" is incredibley psychedelic. Bender being hooked on electricity is pretty damn funny too.

tv just annoys me while tripping, but i have had a salvia trip where i went into family guy world cause my friend had a family guy poster on his wall and i stared at it.

I think Adam Jones from Tool did most of the band's artwork until recently, then Alex Grey took over. I heard he even lent them his Sacred Mirrors for their Lateralus tour. Regardless, I still can't understand how a band who does as much psychedelics as they let on can be so angry.

I can’t believe I forgot about Jim Woodring and his Frank comics/animations. They’re about an anthropomorphic cat that has metaphysically-tinged adventures in ethereal, menacing worlds. Check out this animated homage to Woodring by Taruto Fuyama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV1yjW-APrQ

I think Adam Jones from Tool did most of the band's artwork until recently, then Alex Grey took over. I heard he even lent them his Sacred Mirrors for their Lateralus tour. Regardless, I still can't understand how a band who does as much psychedelics as they let on can be so angry
i dont think tools music is angry music.
sure it sounds angry but if you listen to thier message it is about being aware, being open and having a greater understanding.
they do have a positive message...they just tell it differently.
adam jones does do all thier music videos. he puts alot of work into them.
danny carey is big into sacred geometry, and DMT.

Family Guy...? Funny the first hundred times I saw an episode.

Tool...yeah they are angry. Manyard has also pissed me off at live shows (just sings with his back to the crowd sometimes). They are incredible musicians though. I've been playing percussion and drum set for years and Danny Carey is an amazing percussionist. He actually majored in a percussive art.

Alex Grey...everyone can appreciate him.

R Crumb! Now those are some mind warped funny comics. Fat legged women here I come...

http://www.crumbproducts.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Crumb

The other day a friend of mine played an 11-minute classic Russian cartoon for me. I can't seem to remember the artist's name, but it was excellent! It was a cartoon about an ant (the insect) who has a crazy day and is blown far away from his anthill and has to get back. The artist is one of Russia's most well-known cartoonists apparently. It's extremely artistic and beautiful. I can't really describe it but I've never seen anything like it. It had English subtitles but was totally in Russian, but managed to convey so much content to me even though I know nothing about Russian. It was very funny.

Great stuff. It's on a video of classic Russian cartoons. I want to get a copy of it and watch it on a psychedelic sometime.