• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

TOOL / Alex Grey / Ani-Matrix / Family Guy / ?

I will admit that sometimes Family Guy tries a little too hard. But I love that show and its sense of timing and irony! A great show if you ask me.

Youkai said:
I remebr when they ahd a back to back episode, first one beinga bout the paralal universe in the box, and the second being about the psychoactive honey. I was on like 4 hits of blotter and smoked some weed right befor them, for that entire hour I was just lost and confused adn those episodes REALY scared me.

but futurama > cartoons.

I had that same experience with the honey episode while I was coming down off a tab that was a bit too strong for my liking. Acid just makes everything seem so much more significant.

shypht said:
You know, thats one 'thing' with psychedelics - they seem to make you think that EVERYTHING is steeped with inner deep cosmic meaning. I recall getting a bit annoyed one trip because I couldnt even blink without that blink seeming to cause some 'great mystic insight' - some times blinking your eyes is simply blinking your eyes, and you know? family guy is just pop-trash comedy TV that is good for a few laughs.
I know what you mean, everything can take on a new significance and meaning. Simply watching tv or listening to the boombox makes you feel like the tv/radio is talking to you(At least makes you significantly more aware of it, ofcourse it's talking to you). But there is a difference between experiencing that by watching/listening to something random and watching/listening to something that deliberately plays on/with that. From my experience Family Guy falls into the former category.

egor said:
^^try the discovery or national geographic channels, it is far more interesting than the dreck that is most american tv.

Ohh, I was watching the new discovery channel series, Planet Earth while indulging in some DMT last night. Please, everyone, watch this. It's got some amazing cinematography. What a beautiful planet we exist on. =D

As for Tool, IMO they are the most contrived group of crappy musicians ever to carry the psychedelic message (whatever that is). I sometimes wish I could like these guys, but their music and their attitude just makes me cringe. :\ This is just my opinion ... hope I didn't upset anyone too much. ;)

Futurama and Family guy have given me good laughs while tripping. its even funnier IMO

Dondante said:
Ohh, I was watching the new discovery channel series, Planet Earth while indulging in some DMT last night. Please, everyone, watch this. It's got some amazing cinematography. What a beautiful planet we exist on. =D

As for Tool, IMO they are the most contrived group of crappy musicians ever to carry the psychedelic message (whatever that is). I sometimes wish I could like these guys, but their music and their attitude just makes me cringe. :\ This is just my opinion ... hope I didn't upset anyone too much. ;)

Planet earth is amazing just high or even sober
It will be an amazing planet until bush brings about nuclear winter anyway:\

Last edited:
Dondante said:

Im not a fan of tools general attitude, but I still love their music, especially when tripping

I don't see how people can watch actualy TV SHOWS on acid.

Family guy can be funny at times, but most of the episodes are lame and not funny.

The simpsons is funny, futurama is funny(although futurama seems to be aquired after watching alot)

However watching family guy on acid sounds like the worst idea ever.

When I take a psychedelic I like to experience the finer things of inner self meditation, better sensory like music, and just the beauty of things around me.

Why would I want to watch TV and be reminded of popular culture whilst on a head of acid, I'm too high to care about pop culture and their crappy humour. The insignificance of what's on Tv, that many people spend endless hours a day watching in their normal lives.

^^ Sometimes on a non world-shattering dose (ie, a moderate, introspective, enhancing dose) I enjoy watching TV, because my analytical/introspective ability is tweaked up significantly and one of my most enjoyable and fulfilling mental activities is to analyze the meanings anand connections between things, and with TV it's about seeing the hidden brainwashing techniques, especially in advertising, and the perpetuation of social norms and so forth. For some reason, that kind of thing excites me.

Of course, I'd rather do something outside, but sometimes I find myself inside and feeling like watching some TV with my fiance (whose main distraction is TV).

I enjoy getting a fresh perspective on one of the primary influences of your average American, even if it's usually frightening/sick.

egor said:
Planet earth is amazing just high or even sober
It will be an amazing planet until bush brings about nuclear winter anyway

I'm feeling so much better about this now though, because we're in the home stretch. He's almost out and he's on the defensive... I suspect and hope that we may have escaped that impending disaster. This has nothing to do with political parties. I think those should be done away with in this day and age because the extremely bipartisan party system mainly serves to blind people into choosing candidates for public office without really considering the ones not in their party, which is idiotic to the extreme. Not all Democrats are better than all Republicans, and vice versa. There are good and bad candidates/people in each party, and you need to consider all the factors of every candidate and vote based on who you feel would be best, not based on a blind dislike/scorn of the opposite party. So many people do this in America that it's terrifying to me. Normally very intelligent people (my father for example) said stuff to me on the 2004 election like "well, I don't think Bush will be good, but fuck if I'm gonna vote for a damn Democrat!" That is mindless. Mindless I say!! :)

No, it has to do with the fact that the Democrats who have gained the majority and who will most likely win the 2008 election have conservation and the environment in mind, among other important issues that Bush's regime was totally denying/ignoring/disregarding. The environment is such an incredibly important and urgent concern of the entire world that it was incredibly frightening to see Bush and friends put it by the wayside.

But I have regained hope :) The future looks bright, I say!

^^ the democrats are commiting political suicide by trying to cut all funds for iraq. I am afraid of what rove will spin out of them truly trying to help the troops:\

Get ready for president mccain

Last edited:
Xorkoth said:
^^ Sometimes on a non world-shattering dose (ie, a moderate, introspective, enhancing dose) I enjoy watching TV, because my analytical/introspective ability is tweaked up significantly and one of my most enjoyable and fulfilling mental activities is to analyze the meanings anand connections between things, and with TV it's about seeing the hidden brainwashing techniques, especially in advertising, and the perpetuation of social norms and so forth. For some reason, that kind of thing excites me.

Of course, I'd rather do something outside, but sometimes I find myself inside and feeling like watching some TV with my fiance (whose main distraction is TV).

I enjoy getting a fresh perspective on one of the primary influences of your average American, even if it's usually frightening/sick.

Exactly, while watching tv doesn't produce a productive set or setting, it is a part of reality. Psychedelics give a certain transparency to everything whether it be yourself, culture, or nature. I enjoy sitting in a dark room or exploring nature as much as the next tripper(Both of which are great foundations for productive set and setting) but if that's all you care to inquire about you're not opening yourself up to the full spectrum of reality in my opinion.

egor said:
^^ the democrats are commiting political suicide by trying to cut all funds for iraq. I am afraid of what rove will spin out of them truly trying to help the troops:\

Yeah, I know... I found out about that after I made the post. As much as I think the entire situation should not have happened at all the way it did, now that we're there we have a responsiblity to not just totally bail and leave them in potential chaos. What a difficult situation...

What the Democrats should have done is reduce funding as muich as possible and work towards getting out as quickly as possible and minimizing casualties in the process. And stopped trying to continue to think of reasons to stay as the Bush administration has been doing (other than personal wealth reasons of course).

:|

egor said:

Fortunately, I do feel like he's a pretty good candidate anyway. I feel like he's a guy who really has the interest of the people at heart. Of course, what do I know? I've never met the guy and most of what I "know" about him was fed through the media.

egor said:

I think it's mostly a show. A president has never been cut off from funds in the history of the nation. By the time the shit really hits the fan all the Democrats will act like they were trying to do something, when really there is little that can be done politically at this point(short term).

i believe they are all equal, just different interpretations of the creators major influencing chemicals. none are wrong.

it is fun though to try and guess the chemically influenced thought processes of these artist.

pr0ficient said:
Discovery or National Geographic channel in High Definition
be very careful when referencing anything from the National Geographic Channel as it is just Fox News Corp in disquise.