• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos too much anxiety ( URGENT)

So if a person has been on 10 mg of Xanax a day for panic disorder for years and he stops abruptly; according to your statement, since they are prescribed for a valid reason, there's no risk of dying. Nonsense.

So if a person has been on 10 mg of Xanax a day for panic disorder for years and he stops abruptly; according to your statement, since they are prescribed for a valid reason, there's no risk of dying. Nonsense.
There could be risks in such extreme cases but you don't make it clear to me as there's no substantial evidence to back it up due to your statement being invalid. I welcome you to correct me if I am mistaken.

Taking such amounts in a first place would be enough of a risk to health in its own right, even acutely, let alone for a long period of time.

i Found a little bottle with clorpomazine, but i'm drunk, this helps anxiety?

Do NOT mix alcohol with clonazepam. You said clonazepam in your first post so I am assuming the above “clorpomazine” is a typing error.

Andrek, you said you are dying. Do you have some condition or you are exaggerating that you are dying of anxiety?
please give us more details so we can help you better.

hang in there. Breathe deeply and slowly, in through the nose and out through the mouth. That will instantly help anxiety.

❤️

Severa abstinência de benzos é algo que realmente pode te matar, o melhor a fazer é descontinuar lentamente o uso e nunca parar abruptamente. Infelizmente, não há nada que faça essa sensação passar a não ser um outro benzo..

Se isso for impossível no momento, sugiro fumar o máximo de maconha que puder e tomar uma cervejinha aqui e ali pra dar aquela lombrada e dormir o mais rápido possível.. outra alternativa é exercício fisico extenuante

@KnowsNotWhatItMean

Withdrawing from benzos can kill you or drive you totally crazy... I have been there and I was on the verge of losing my sanity, btw I have scars nowadays from benzo use, my mind is not normal and I dont know whether it will be one day.

Worst drugs that I have taken are benzos... these demons change your brain functioning in such a way that the resulting effects may last forever.

@KS78 @Painful One

Reacting with a love smiley at someone stating that taking a whole box of xanax a day for anxiety is prescribed for a valid reason is creepy you know it kinda kills the meaning.

Don't. This is a harm reduction. I've done such amount in one day it is extremely dangerous. We could switch names.

well, you must have a reading comprehension problem because @KS78 did not say anything about taking an entire box of Xanax in a day. They said 10 MG of Xanax for panic disorder a day!

And no we cannot change names. That does not work for me at all!
your name suits you well. At this time at least. Let us hope you can change that!

Going cold turkey from benzos is probably not as dangerous as opioids and shouldn't be necessary to avoid. Mind you if it's being used as a treatment of various conditions, it should probably be managed differently. I don't see anything inherently wrong in having a drink at all, but mixing the two together potenciates one another and not in a good way It's a well known fact that it has a potential to kill.

“Going cold turkey from benzo’s is probably not as dangerous as opioids”

OH What a WRONG statement my friend!
going cold turkey from benzo’s can KILL and most likely will!
where as with opioids, one can cold turkey them but it is extremely uncomfortable. Not deadly in most cases though.

well, you must have a reading comprehension problem because @KS78 did not say anything about taking an entire box of Xanax in a day. They said 10 MG of Xanax for panic disorder a day!

And no we cannot change names. That does not work for me at all!
your name suits you well. At this time at least. Let us hope you can change that!
Sure such doses can cause permanent impairment, you're not doing good with such statements there's nothing I can do to change anything really even though this is a harm reduction.

@KnowsNotWhatItMean

Withdrawing from benzos can kill you or drive you totally crazy... I have been there and I was on the verge of losing my sanity, btw I have scars nowadays from benzo use, my mind is not normal and I dont know whether it will be one day.

Worst drugs that I have taken are benzos... these demons change your brain functioning in such a way that the resulting effects may last forever.

I wish you to recover completely form benzo usage.
With Love

Be Well my friend!

Last edited:
Sure such doses can cause permanent impairment, you're not doing good with such statements there's nothing I can do to change anything really even though this is a harm reduction.

I do not understand how you think I am being reckless with my words? Please elaborate.

I have said DO NOT mix alcohol with benzo’s.
Do not replace Benzo’s with alcohol.
Do NOT EVER attempt to cold turkey Benzo’s
Benzo’s are MUCH worse than opioids and the withdrawal from benzo’s can be and most likely will be Deadly if one cold turkey’s Benzo’s.
Benzo’s must be tapered down slowly!
The withdrawal from Benzo’s is MUCH worse than opiates and is deadly!

where am I wrong?

There could be risks in such extreme cases but you don't make it clear to me as there's no substantial evidence to back it up due to your statement being invalid. I welcome you to correct me if I am mistaken.

There is a huge body of evidence (and many, many actual cases) of benzo withdrawal being fatal. Benzo withdrawal from a substantial dose causes seizures. Severe seizures can kill you. Honestly it's common knowledge, if you do any amount of searching, you will see that benzo and alcohol withdrawal are both extremely dangerous and can easily be fatal. Any GABAergic drug withdrawal lopwers the seizure threshold, and also, lack of GABA causes excitotoxicity because of lack of inhibitory effect from GABA. As such, not only does benzo withdrawal carry the very real risk of death via seizure, it also causes brain damage from excitotoxicity. THis is not speculation, it is medical fact.

In this case the user is talking about 10mg of alprazolam a day. That is a BIG dose. Cold turkey from that dose carries the strong risk of death and at absolute minimum, the sort of delirium and suffering that makes opiate withdrawal look like a walk in the park. Ask anyone who has been severely dependent on both opiates and benzos, and has withdrawn from both, which is worse.

I agree that 10 mg of Xanax a day is a horrific and dangerous dosage.
@KS78 was giving an example. I do not think you read that correctly my friend.

There is a huge body of evidence (and many, many actual cases) of benzo withdrawal being fatal. Benzo withdrawal from a substantial dose causes seizures. Severe seizures can kill you. Honestly it's common knowledge, if you do any amount of searching, you will see that benzo and alcohol withdrawal are both extremely dangerous and can easily be fatal. Any GABAergic drug withdrawal lopwers the seizure threshold, and also, lack of GABA causes excitotoxicity because of lack of inhibitory effect from GABA. As such, not only does benzo withdrawal carry the very real risk of death via seizure, it also causes brain damage from excitotoxicity. THis is not speculation, it is medical fact.

In this case the user is talking about 10mg of alprazolam a day. That is a BIG dose. Cold turkey from that dose carries the strong risk of death and at absolute minimum, the sort of delirium and suffering that makes opiate withdrawal look like a walk in the park. Ask anyone who has been severely dependent on both opiates and benzos, and has withdrawn from both, which is worse.

THIS ^^^^
100% is the correct answer!

I do not understand how you think I am being reckless with my words? Please elaborate.

I have said DO NOT mix alcohol with benzo’s.
Do not replace Benzo’s with alcohol.
Do NOT EVER attempt to cold turkey Benzo’s
Benzo’s are MUCH worse than opioids and the withdrawal from benzo’s can be and most likely will be Deadly if one cold turkey’s Benzo’s.
Benzo’s must be tapered down slowly!
The withdrawal from Benzo’s is MUCH worse than opiates and is deadly!

where am I wrong?
I guess my point was that doing 10 mg XANAX a day is definitely reckless if you don't know what you're doing. If there is indeed a doctor who prescribes such daily doses (it is about a box where I get it from) than sorry. But just saying from my experience being prescribed such doses daily would be on the edge of morality. If you're really being prescribed such doses just ignore me. But if you're not you shouldn't be considering doing it.