TDS Today I am Thankful 4 Vs. Just when you think it can't get no better, then it does!

Life. We celebrated today the day anti-violence against women. We all went in orange. It's about time!

Thankful to be alive after all the abuse I've put my body through this year. Hopefully next year I can find some healthier ways to deal with depression rather than drinking myself to death.

Grateful to be enthusiastic about the things I do. Managing distress is ,much better today than a year ago.
I'm happy to see my kids getting along and coming to terms with both my wife and I.

Thankful for finally getting back to my weekly exercises. Big deal for some of us.

:| I'm thankful I've kept my colon for another year, though in miserable pain.

I'm thankful that my dear friend with ALS is no longer suffering. He left his life of only 60 years on Sunday.

I am thankful that horrid nausea has ceased temporarily for my friend who's dying from prostate cancer.

I send my thoughts and prayers to all who are alone or less fortunate tonight...

^ I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through difficult moments in life. <3

At 62 days off the dope and I finally starting seeing the old me coming back- the one I like and everyone else likes- before dope took some years from me. One step at a time.

Congrats @Hipster427! It's tough, I know. You are healing and you are going through a great moment right now. :)
Keep it moving forward so that you are okay when you don't have a good day. One day at a time!

I'm thankful for my house. It will never be mine really (always the bank's) but who cares? I've lived here 25 years and I'm on intimate terms with every single square inch of the ground it is built on--there is probably not one part of this lot that I haven't turned the ground over to plant something at some point. It is a good feeling to have a home feel like home. When I moved here I was in mourning for the garden I left behind a few streets away; now I am so in love with this garden. It was all paved over when we moved in because the guy that had it before worked on cars. We jacked up the asphalt and brought in manure and every tree on this little plot of land was planted by our family. I moved every two years growing up so this is different. I never thought I would like to get so attached to one place but here I am, happily.:)

I'm thankful for my family and friends because without them, idk if i could ever get off this terrible drug (heroin)

^ Yes you can! It's not what we apparently want to do but you can do this anytime you want to.
It will be difficult, harsh and terrible. But you can get there. You'll deserve to 'live' again.
Go look into some threads about it. You'd be surprised.

growing, started with a few weed plants but i have a basil and lemon balm going and germing a sunflower and have some cutting experiments going. providing some structure in my life and its pretty fascinating learning about these things that grow. i enjoy feeling connected to nature again.

^I love plants.<3

Thankful for holiday lights, especially the blue ones.:D

Thankful for having a great night of sleeping. The world is so much better when you sleep at night. :)

family. i've been thinking of my grandmother and today got a card from my uncle and it was the card said just what i needed to hear.

i feel she watchin over me fr tho.

family. i've been thinking of my grandmother and today got a card from my uncle and it was the card said just what i needed to hear.

i feel she watchin over me fr tho.

I miss my grandma. She died way back when I was in my twenties but I miss her to this day. <3 If she's been looking over me, she has certainly got an eyeful by now.=D

<3 hey that is a blessing to have her in your life for that long! i never met any of mine due to time/distance. talked to her on the phone on birthdays when i was real young.

If she's been looking over me, she has certainly got an eyeful by now.=D

i recently saved this pic, so i can relate

Nice picture.

I have lost my grandmother a long time ago. The feeling I can immediate relate when I remember her is freedom. Freedom to be myself, to speak and do the things I loved most, the brownies she used to do, her food, being humorous and protective together with a wonderful loving care person that I have always missed so much. I hope more people in life could be like her. She was so just and at the same time comprehensive, philosophical and above all super fun to be with. She was perfect and I will always love and remember her so dearly. <3

i am thankful for the program of Alcoholics Anonymous, where I learned that no matter what, no one else in the world will give a fuck about my sobriety. (well besides here, i'm speaking of like life-on-life-peoples)

Grateful for being able to enjoy life a bit more like I used to. To actually like to be present in the life of those who I love.
I'm thankful for the opportunity of being back to my quasi normal state of mind and peace.