TDS Today I am Thankful 4 Vs. Just when you think it can't get no better, then it does!

Thankful for a good nights rest and waking up with my freedom restored! No more wondering where my next fix will come from.

My crazy fucking libido returning after being dormant while on methadone!

I'm actually feeling happy this weekend. It's rare but I had done nothing, except of having a good night of sleep and people over for brunch as usual. I can get used to this. ;)

Thankful for my family--we are just as crazy as any other, smaller than most; but I love being with them for these once a year card playing, reading, kayaking, swimming, food-fests on the river at my sister's house.

Thankful for having insurance in the write moment. A very old quote says that you lose the rings but you keep the fingers.
Although I only have one ring that's pretty adaptable to my day today. I haven't yet lost hope in myself and I'm glad I'm still standing.
Thankful for being sober for 18 months. For having my children on my side whenever I feel like hugging them. For the good moments we keep.

^I need a day off urgently. Hopefully next month..

I'm tired from work but also grateful I am still so engaged.

There was a dank cookec tenderloin waiting for me when I got home and I was starving.. tasted like grilled heaven

Thankful for having gotten a balance out of my routine and saw that my work arguments did not fail at all.
I'm working normal hours, not so much of overtime and enjoying the quality life that gives me, although I'll miss the extra pay..

^ That must be really nice to have all that water so nearby. I would choose rivers over beaches anytime.

Thankful for my family, this weekend. To joyful and good days!

Last edited:
Yay I am so thankful for everything!!! Not, what the hell is is this post doing in the dark side,? We are in this dark bar for a reason...take your sunshine somewhere else!:!

Thankful I have learned that my thoughts determine my exspierince in life and this has lead to me never having dark times or a bad day. Im also thankful that chief ten beers can also do this if they choose to.

Broken

In its dark sliver,
Looking at black and grey

Hallowed by an evil sickness
Spurred on, warmed by a dank flame

Stubborn anger
Persistent judgment

Dragging its tattered soul
Over corrosive talons of hate

Through but humble efforts
Glaring up for cracks

Screaming detest
Vomiting it's sickness

Poisoned by its chosen world
Venomous in thought

Seeking the flaws in it's world
Thus finding a world so flawed

Edit by erik
^ Nice writing.

Our thoughts will set our minds to do whatever we want to for sure. I guess we just have to believe in ourselves, be optimistic about our future and trust in our efforts + have the strength to keep moving forward..

Quote by erikmen

Last edited:
Thankful for my job which is providing me the most comfortable lifestyle I've had. Not glamorous by any means but I'm proud of what I do and I enjoy it. I'm also thankful for the good sleep I pretty much always get, that's a big one for me too.

^ I'm not thankful for drugs, even when I could not live one day without them I use to hate them. Maybe you are a recreational user but I was never like that and they made me feel awful. I believe this space is more used for things we are truly thankful for in life. I'm judging not you, just thinking out loud.

I'm grateful for my family and for this week being finally over. I love Fridays as I get a sense of closure, or simply because it's the day I know I'll be able to refresh.

Last edited:
Just recreational. Sorry im new here didnt know it was for other thankful stuff in life