• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tianeptine "Gas station heroin" (questions)

Dang. I never got to much more than 2g a day at most then tapered down and quit.

As someone who has been using it for years have you noticed a shift in quality? The sodium from 2016 and 2017 seems much different than the sodium available these days. It seems less euphoric and with far more side-effects. Do you notice this? It might be just me.

It seems more or less about the same but it's hard for me to say exactly as I've been using FA mostly now for several years. I occasionally buy a bag of sulfate just to mix things up and for awhile I was occasional picking up small amounts of the iodotianeptine when I wanted something with a bit more kick.

i do remember that a little while after I made the switch to FA there were some wide spreed complaints of crappy sodium for a time. But I have picked up a bag of sodium once or twice in the last couple of years and as far as I can tell it seems to be about the same as I remember it.

FWIW, I am a long term opioid addict going on 20ish years since discovering them. Of those 20 years, 15 of them were spent locked in physical/mental dependency. All sorts of the usual pharmaceuticals, plus some time on poppy pods, kratom, short while on low dose methadone and a couple years on buprenorphine which I then finally managed properly taper and then got clean for a couple years.

Then I fucked up: tried Tianeptine and allowed myself to go with it. Just had a 'fuck it' attitude and knew exactly what I was getting myself into.

Been on Tianeptine daily now going on seven years. For quite awhile in the beginning was using 3-4g sodium per day. Eventually realized it was not sustainable, switched to FA and then tapered down. Got all the way down to somewhere around only 200-300mg per day and maintained it for months.

I could have easily quit at that point (and should have) but wasn't ready to I guess. Since then my use has fluctuated. I let things slide and work my way back up to like 1-2g of FA per day then spend weeks/months tapering back down to like 500mg or whatever. Then I slide again, taper down, slide, etc.

I'm tired of it and finally ready to stop. Have been tapering since the beginning of the year, currently getting by on 800mg FA per day. I've been on it so long now that I've found that tapering too quickly really fucks with me. So I am going very slow and steady. My plan is to get as low as possible by summer then stop finallly. Maybe a very short taper (just a couple of days max) with low dose bupe if needed.

Mostly I'm worried about an enduring an extended period of paws after so many years of daily use combined with my already long history of opioid use.
Damn dude idk how you've kept this up for 7 years, I got to like 5 or 6g of sodium a day within a year. Maybe two, time was kind of a blur back then. I've been off of it for 5 years now and I still get the temptation to order some even though it was hands down the worst WDs I've ever experienced and the hardest thing I've quit. Nothing would give any relief. Bupe didn't help, kratom didn't work, got hooked on a shit ton of lopramide for a little while. It came down to shooting fent for a couple weeks because that was easier to quit. I couldn't stick the taper because I had to function for work and kids and it was unbearable. Maybe I was tapering too much or too quick though. I hope you can stick to your taper plan and be free from it. I should also note that fent wasn't great to get off of either but I've been through many of those relapses. Eventually I decided I was going to use kratom as a maintenance med and have been doing that ever since. Granted my kratom tolerance is getting high and the wd sucks too but I'll pay that price to stay off the other shit. Good luck brotha, you can do it

Damn dude idk how you've kept this up for 7 years, I got to like 5 or 6g of sodium a day within a year. Maybe two, time was kind of a blur back then. I've been off of it for 5 years now and I still get the temptation to order some even though it was hands down the worst WDs I've ever experienced and the hardest thing I've quit. Nothing would give any relief. Bupe didn't help, kratom didn't work, got hooked on a shit ton of lopramide for a little while. It came down to shooting fent for a couple weeks because that was easier to quit. I couldn't stick the taper because I had to function for work and kids and it was unbearable. Maybe I was tapering too much or too quick though. I hope you can stick to your taper plan and be free from it. I should also note that fent wasn't great to get off of either but I've been through many of those relapses. Eventually I decided I was going to use kratom as a maintenance med and have been doing that ever since. Granted my kratom tolerance is getting high and the wd sucks too but I'll pay that price to stay off the other shit. Good luck brotha, you can do it

That's crazy, yes I've heard that only fentanyl really substitutes for a high dose tianeptine addiction. Only got to 1-2g a day and tapered off and quit.

Fortunately i don't like it anymore more. It doesn't do the same thing it used to do.

How much kratom are you taking these days?

A couple years ago I tried and tried to but could not get any effect whatsoever from tiapentine. Which is weird cause I'm the kinda of guy that can feel half a beer. And I can still feel a teaspoon of kratom after ... 6? years of opioid dependence. Probably a bunk batch or something. I still have it around here somewhere.

I was at the point where I had my mind set on starting to IV it, started messaging a guy from here about the safest way to do it (there really is1 no safe way). His reply was what deterred me and gave me the motivation to really try to quit for good.i don't really want to post it because I'm not sure if he's cool with that and don't want to give anyone any life ruining ideas. If you're thinking about doing it, I strongly suggest you reconsider, it's really not worth all the negatives.]y
That's crazy, yes I've heard that only fentanyl really substitutes for a high dose tianeptine addiction. Only got to 1-2g a day and tapered off and quit.

Fortunately i don't like it anymore more. It doesn't do the same thing it used to do.

How much kratom are you taking these days?
How were you able to quit? 1-2g a day wd was still pretty terrible. The anxiety was the worst part for me I've never felt anxiety before that so I wasn't prepared. I've pretty much had mild anxiety ever since but it's mostly controlled withe the kratom. One thing I didn't try at the time was benzos. They usually just knock me out but I don't think I could've gone to work on those.
The kratom I'm at roughly 2oz a day. 7.5g doses throughout and about an oz I take to work in a thermos.

A couple years ago I tried and tried to but could not get any effect whatsoever from tiapentine. Which is weird cause I'm the kinda of guy that can feel half a beer. And I can still feel a teaspoon of kratom after ... 6? years of opioid dependence. Probably a bunk batch or something. I still have it around here somewhere.
Was it the sodium or the FA? And how much did you take?

How were you able to quit? 1-2g a day wd was still pretty terrible. The anxiety was the worst part for me I've never felt anxiety before that so I wasn't prepared. I've pretty much had mild anxiety ever since but it's mostly controlled withe the kratom. One thing I didn't try at the time was benzos. They usually just knock me out but I don't think I could've gone to work on those.
The kratom I'm at roughly 2oz a day. 7.5g doses throughout and about an oz I take to work in a thermos.

I tapered down and quit then switched to kratom.

I had been using it off and on for years then got hooked with every day use for a few months. The problem with tianeptine sodium is that once you get addicted withdrawal can kick in just 3.5 hours after dosing. That was when i decided to quit.i think i got down to like 60mg every 4 hours and just jumped off. Interestingly i developed some reverse tolerance where i could really feel that 60mg more than i could normally. I made a liquid solution which really helped. The withdrawal from that ~240mg/day was still rough.

Note that i used to be a very heavy opioid addict and once got off a 380mg/day methadone habit so perhaps im more experienced with withdrawal (although at the same time that makes my withdrawal syndrome worse).

The plus is that i found tianeptine withdrawal to relatively short relative to other withdrawal syndromes (with a kratom withdrawal like time line). Definitely severe though and different feeling than other withdrawal syndromes. More depression and more muscle spasms/twitching.

Damn dude idk how you've kept this up for 7 years

Only the first year or two I spent taking sodium while chasing the high. Got up to like 3.5g a day and realized it was definitely not sustainable plus I was getting really annoyed with the side effects. So I switched to FA then slowly started tapering. Got all the way down to like only 200-300mg of FA per day and kept it up for awhile but have fucked up a few times and started using more for awhile, then would just taper down again. So most of these seven years have been spent just maintaining on lower doses of FA (most of the time less than a gram a day), I'm not chasing that high anymore. Just keeping myself out of withdrawals while still enjoying some benefits with very little side effects (aside the from physical addiction, one hell of a side effect!) Finally ready to quit and taking steps to make it happen this year.

I just saw a site selling the "free acid" form. It's way more expensive. What is the difference between the sodium and free acid powder?

I'd imagine mg for mg the FA is stronger than sodium and sulfate salts.
Overall effects should be same

Absolutely not an overdose? I haven't used opioid in over 6 months but whenever I do usually I find i have a sort of permatolerance. But assuming I had absolutely no tolerance could 500mg be an OD? What about plugged/IV?

Somewhat caustic meaning it could cause internal damage or just be a little uncomfortable?
I'm not in the habit of necroposting/thread reviving/whatever you call commenting on a dead thread on this particular board, but I want to make sure this question gets answered no matter what.
When I haven't used any for two weeks or longer, the results are always the same. 210-250MG feels like a lot, and I don't want to feel double that feeling. If you can OD on that stuff, you're probably going to find out if you start with 500+ MG for your fist time. If I were you, and it were my FIRST dose, I'd dose at 180-200MG MAX on your first ever does.

I’m glad they banned it here, there was a guy coming up from another state robbing gas stations for it here, a year before they banned it. It was cancer, but the best brand by far was Pegasus then tianna green.

I’m glad they banned it here, there was a guy coming up from another state robbing gas stations for it here, a year before they banned it. It was cancer, but the best brand by far was Pegasus then tianna green.
Where's here? Has it been banned in the US at this stage?

Where's here? Has it been banned in the US at this stage?
My state, most states in this region have banned it. Think it’s still legal in Kentucky, but I’ve never seen it at the gas stations there though.

Common drug war W for drugs. The morons in law enforcement and government don’t understand there is nearly an infinite supply of new opioids and other drugs than can be creating using med Chem. This will absolutely never stop. Ban tiantapine and you’ll have something 20x nastier in those gas stations the next day

Common drug war W for drugs. The morons in law enforcement and government don’t understand there is nearly an infinite supply of new opioids and other drugs than can be creating using med Chem. This will absolutely never stop. Ban tiantapine and you’ll have something 20x nastier in those gas stations the next day
The reformulation is based on some other seed that creates an opiod effect, but it’s way less effective and harder on the kidneys.

Also, just how addictive do you find it? I'm hearing bad things but I've been a chipper with opioids for a decade. Oxycodone, no problem doing one day and forgetting it. Even heroin I can stop. Though some high potency BTH was more difficult. How does it compare to other opiates?
I use to be able to say the exact same thing (including the BTH part) at least i could back in the day anyways (I've found myself much more suspectable to opiate addiction in the past few years, whereas it used to not bother me to use once and not touch them for weeks or even months), but something about having opiate like substances right at the gas station/ tobacco store seems to make them that much more addictive to me. Tianeptine in either its sodium or sulphate form is garbage, but for some reason when they are combined they feel like legit opiates. I used to use the pure sodium back in the day on probation before anyone knew about the stuff back in 2014, and i would have never dreamed id be addicted to this shit cause I always thought it was a dirt drug (and it kinda is) but like i said, when the two forms are mixed at the right ratios, it feels much more like a real opioid, and add that to the convenience of being found at the gas station and suddenly it becomes a whole new beast. Having a bad day? Go grab a bottle of TD Reds. Now suddenly, every mildly difficult task requires TD Reds/Pegasus Golds. The WDs are unpleasant but not as bad as many make them out to be though

Last edited:
Fucking tianeptine "I've slipped onto it once" and I was full on right away it lasted months if I remember right. I can't remember but I must have been taking grams per week and it's short lasting. I'm not sure but package must have been late or something and I went into full psychosis, six months out of life. Just hell. I did bupernorphine 5mg cold turkey once and morphine cold turkey from like 60-80mg per day and I would choose that 100x over that tianeptine shit

Finally tried Tianeptine in accurate dosages. Weird stuff. I always wondered why people called it "fiendy".
It feels like a slightly dirty Hydrocodone. At 100mg it gives a nicely strong effect.
Almost just as soon as you feel that effect, it starts to fade.
You just have a hangover in an hour or two. I've only done single doses but I could see how you would want to keep things going and that negative, "dirty" effects would likely build.

I'm looking to give what I have left away. It's supposed to take your Kratom tolerance through the roof very quickly and I really value my low Kratom tolerance. I only use Kratom to get work done. I regard Kratom as a tool.