• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tianeptine "Gas station heroin" (questions)

ickray

Bluelighter
So I just saw this video on tianeptine which is apparently being called "gas station heroin".
The video reeks of overblown media bullshit, but I'm genuinely curious if people have tried or bought this "supplement" from any gas stations.
How does it compare to good Kratom leaf and extracts? How does it compare to real opioids, and is it worth giving it a try or bunk I should stay away from?

From the little bit I've read about on it, it seems to have very good anti-depressive qualities which is what interests me the most.
For the people who've tried it, what are your experiences?

Its like a dirty oxycodone, very fiendish.

Not like kratom and much more like a traditional opioid. Oddly though it differs in that it doesnt cause significant respiratory depression unless in massive doses.

500mg of tianeptine is around 30mg of oxycodone in terms of potency. I've probably gone through a few hundred grams of it over the year. Maybe closer to 500 grams even. I liked it quite a bit and got somewhat addicted to it. I think i got sick of it because i no longer enjoy it these days. All side effects and only a shitty high.

Don't buy drugs from the gas station however. Tianeptine would be better in its pure form. But id avoid it as it is exceptionally addictive and fiendish.

I've been too scared to try it because I've done a lot of research on its effects and withdrawal. I already know how it'll turn out for me, and given the fact that people claim it completely ruins kratom for quite a while, that's not a path I'm exactly itching to run down Naruto-style. Never saw it covered in the media and definitely never saw it called "gas station heroin" which is absolutely ridiculous. But given the absolute state of western news I am not at all surprised.

500mg is a lot stronger than 30 mg oxy. Oxy is shit for me. 500mg IV felt about 200mg IV morphine.

I can't believe they sell kratom and tianeptine in gas stations. You guys will definitely ruin it for the rest of us a lot faster than if it was just left to the drug needs.

500mg is a lot stronger than 30 mg oxy. Oxy is shit for me. 500mg IV felt about 200mg IV morphine.

I can't believe they sell kratom and tianeptine in gas stations. You guys will definitely ruin it for the rest of us a lot faster than if it was just left to the drug needs.

Im talking about orally. Never tried it IV.

I never got much from it but i have a high opiate tolerance. I felt a small mood lift that wore off quickly. Who ever compared it to heroin never tried heroin

you can also rick serotonin syndrome because it has been prescribed as an anti depressant

I tried it at 12mg (therapeutic dose) and then 150mg oral. Both doses produced significant irritability leading to frustration and depression. 150mg had opioid effects however gave me some scary CEVs. Laying in bed I kept seeing an angry man repeatedly reaching for my throat trying to choke me. It was disturbing.

Tossed it after that with no desire to use it again.

Where did you read that serotonin is an issue here?
I believe MOR is responsible for almost all the effects. I'm not even sure if the whole SSRA thing was ever much more than a theory.
Having said that there certainly is more than just MOR effects goin on there especially at supratherepeuric doses.

you can also rick serotonin syndrome because it has been prescribed as an anti depressant

I'd love to know what oral tianeptine ba is compared to IV which I presume is 99-100%.
I thought it was very high but maybe not because 30mg IV oxy would not be worth putting a needle in my arm for effects unless I was in WD and had nothing else but 500mg tianeptine would be almost morphine like histamine type release that starts low and builds higher and is almost too much by the time it gets to between the balls and asshole. And keep me more well for longer.

I've never tried tianeptine. Would it be irresponsible to jump straight to plugging 50-500mg? Any risk of overdose? (After doing an allergy test and trying a small dose orally of course)

I've never tried tianeptine. Would it be irresponsible to jump straight to plugging 50-500mg? Any risk of overdose? (After doing an allergy test and trying a small dose orally of course)

Don't plug it. It is somewhat caustic. 500mg of tianeptine sodium would be excessive if you had no tolerance. Not an overdose but unnecessary. 250mg should be plenty to give a sense of its effect.

Tianeptine is not associated with serotonin syndrome. It isn't really serotonergic.

Where did you read that serotonin is an issue here?
I believe MOR is responsible for almost all the effects. I'm not even sure if the whole SSRA thing was ever much more than a theory.
Having said that there certainly is more than just MOR effects goin on there especially at supratherepeuric doses.

I'd love to know what oral tianeptine ba is compared to IV which I presume is 99-100%.
I thought it was very high but maybe not because 30mg IV oxy would not be worth putting a needle in my arm for effects unless I was in WD and had nothing else but 500mg tianeptine would be almost morphine like histamine type release that starts low and builds higher and is almost too much by the time it gets to between the balls and asshole. And keep me more well for longer.

Tianeptine​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tianeptine
Chemical and physical data
Identifiers
Pharmacokinetic data
Legal status
Clinical data
Tianeptine2DACS.svg
Tianeptine molecule ball.png
Trade namesStablon, Coaxil, others
Other namesS-1574;[1][2][3] JNJ-39823277; TPI-1062[4]
AHFS/Drugs.comInternational Drug Names
Routes of
administration
By mouth
ATC code
Legal status
  • In general: Rx-only
    US: not FDA approved, scheduled in MI
    AU: S4[5]
    Others: controlled in FR, BH, SG)
Bioavailability99%[6][7]
Protein binding95%[7]
MetabolismHepatic[7]
Elimination half-life2.5–3 hours[6][7]
4–9 hours (elderly)[7][8]
ExcretionUrine: 65%[6]
Feces: 15%[7]
IUPAC name[show]
CAS Number
  • 72797-41-2
    check

30123-17-2 (sodium)
    1224690-84-9 (sulfate)
PubChem CID
IUPHAR/BPS
ChemSpider
UNII
KEGG
ChEMBL
CompTox Dashboard (EPA)
ECHA InfoCard100.131.750 100.069.844, 100.131.750 Edit this at Wikidata
FormulaC21H25ClN2O4S
Molar mass436.95 g·mol−1
3D model (JSmol)
SMILES[show]
InChI[show]
☒
check
(what is this?) (verify)
Tianeptine, sold under the brand names Stablon and Coaxil among others, is an atypical antidepressant which is used mainly in the treatment of major depressive disorder, although it may also be used to treat anxiety, asthma, and irritable bowel syndrome.[1][2][3]
Tianeptine has antidepressant and anxiolytic effects[9] with a relative lack of sedative, anticholinergic, and cardiovascular side effects.[7][1

Tianeptine​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tianeptine
Tianeptine, sold under the brand names Stablon and Coaxil among others, is an atypical antidepressant which is used mainly in the treatment of major depressive disorder, although it may also be used to treat anxiety, asthma, and irritable bowel syndrome.[1][2][3]
Tianeptine has antidepressant and anxiolytic effects[9] with a relative lack of sedative, anticholinergic, and cardiovascular side effects.[7][1

Here is the relevant information:

Tianeptine[35]
SiteKi (nM)SpeciesRef
MOR383–768 (Ki)
194 (EC50)
Human[11][35]
[11]
DOR>10,000 (Ki)
37,400 (EC50)
Human[11][35]
[11]
KOR>10,000 (Ki)
100,000 (EC50)
Human[11][35]
[11]
SERT>10,000Human[35]
NET>10,000Human[35]
DAT>10,000Human[35]
5-HT1A>10,000Human[35]
5-HT1B>10,000Human[35]
5-HT1D>10,000Human[35]
5-HT1E>10,000Human[35]
5-HT2A>10,000Human[35]
5-HT2B>10,000Human[35]
5-HT2C>10,000Human[35]
5-HT3>10,000Human[35]
5-HT5A>10,000Human[35]
5-HT6>10,000Human[35]
5-HT7>10,000Human[35]

As we can see, tianeptine isn't particularly serotonergic (at least not directly).

Skygod what you posted from wiki says that tianeptine is an atypical antidepressant. As in not usual.

Don't plug it. It is somewhat caustic. 500mg of tianeptine sodium would be excessive if you had no tolerance. Not an overdose but unnecessary. 250mg should be plenty to give a sense of its effect.

Tianeptine is not associated with serotonin syndrome. It isn't really serotonergic.
Absolutely not an overdose? I haven't used opioid in over 6 months but whenever I do usually I find i have a sort of permatolerance. But assuming I had absolutely no tolerance could 500mg be an OD? What about plugged/IV?

Somewhat caustic meaning it could cause internal damage or just be a little uncomfortable?

Absolutely not an overdose? I haven't used opioid in over 6 months but whenever I do usually I find i have a sort of permatolerance. But assuming I had absolutely no tolerance could 500mg be an OD? What about plugged/IV?

Somewhat caustic meaning it could cause internal damage or just be a little uncomfortable?

There are no guarantees with any of this stuff.

And OD simply means you taken too much so by that definition, sure it could be OD. You might not die but it could be uncomfortable.

Why not just take 200mg and see how it goes. Or 100mg for that matter.

It might be uncomfortable plugged. But the oral bioavailability is very high so there is no need. I think i tried it once and it wasn't much different than oral.

Do not inject it. In water it turns into a very sticky solution that hardens into nail polish like lacquer. Not something you want in your veins.

Also, just how addictive do you find it? I'm hearing bad things but I've been a chipper with opioids for a decade. Oxycodone, no problem doing one day and forgetting it. Even heroin I can stop. Though some high potency BTH was more difficult. How does it compare to other opiates?