• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Thumbprints

i wouldnt doubt its (thumbprint/dosing crystal) been done before but as others have stated it would be a stupid waste of substance due to saturation.

people believe the bible im not surprised people believe chinacat.

Thumbprints are a real thing. They're not some initiation method into the family. People with raw, past the point of no-return do them all the time.

Is this something you know from actual direct experience or something you've read on the Internet and assumed to be true?

people believe the bible im not surprised people believe chinacat.

What I'm interested in is why one particular thread on one particular web forum has become such an enduring myth while thousands of other bullshit stories have sunk into obscurity. I wonder the same about the Judeo-Christian bible. There have been plenty of silly books. What properties cause one to become so culturally dominant?

It's my hyptohesesis that the Romans came up with Christianity to try and regain some control over their empire, as by the time Christianity "took over" the Roman empire was in massive decay. Not to offend the religious folk too much, but that's just what I think

You must be from the US? I've noticed you guys have a national obsession with trying not to offend religious people. If you listen to people like Carl Sagan and Richard Feynman talk, they always throw in a little disclaimer when stating how unlikely the god hypothesis is.

No I'm from Holland. I just thought that if I was a Christian I'd be really offended by that statement, so I was hoping to convey that there are no hard feelings

That's like saying that I as a leftist radical liberal would be offended by a neoconservative capitalist stating their beliefs. Or that a string theorist would be insulted by an advocate of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics stating that they don't think that there are really 11 dimensions. Or a cyclist being insulted by a skater stating that they believe that it's a better method if self propelled transport.

Why should theists be entitled to special treatment on account of their apparent sensitivity to being offended?

Sorry, I veered OT there.

I said that because I care about other people's feelings, not because of some weird morale issue. It would be the same if I would say that the Higgs boson is a conspiracy against free will, a lie made by CERN to keep scientists in check.

Seriously, I don't have the slightest idea what's so wrong with not offending people. Someone's world views can be a sensitive topic, if people are nice to each other then actual discussion on religion could happen. Now it's just the biggest flame-war in the history of mankind

Religious people hold the world to ransom. They prevent debate and the dissemination of reason by complaining about being "offended" at the slightest hint of dissenting views. Granted in Europe this is only a minor distraction, but in the USA it's resulted in the breakdown of the education system. There children are being taught myth alongside fact with no attempt made to differentiate between the two. Hence people's willingness to believe in chinacat stories.

Hey look! I brought the thread back on topic :p

well people certainly dose up on crystal. if you are talking about the thumbprint "initiation" thing most of that is all hype and urban legend. way back in the day on dead tour, there seems to be some accounts of the wholesale distributors dealing with crystal doing this sort of thing, but honestly, when people travel around the country taking massive amounts of LSD all the time, all sorts of strange things go down. the chinacat thread and all the hype around thumbprints and the "family" kind of turned it into some kind of internet hippie iconoclast, but from what i understand the reality of it is far more loosely connected and nothing to do with silly rituals. people ritualize things all the time, but its not an LSD or a "family" thing, its a some people who do a lot of acid anyways kinda thing.

i know people who are really into tour that will take up to 10mgs over the course a weekend run of shows or a festival. i think tolerance and the so called "saturation" has a bit to do with it. a lot of people who take "heroic doses" (i hate that term) often have quite a bit of tolerance anyways. i havent tripped for more than a few days in a row, but IME i reach a sort of psychedelic baseline of "normal". i think once that happens its a bit easier to dose higher

my advice is if you wanna do a thumbprint, eat a whole strip first. if you arent totally insane or not willing to dose up that high again, take like five of them.
i seriously doubt eating half a sheet or so is gonna be much different than doing a thumbprint

Would a sane person do one to begin with?

chicken_or_egg.jpg

Haha sharp :D

but not everyone may know what the are getting themselves into...

.. that said, from someone who doesn't, I do believe that the "saturation point" is a bit of a complex subject that has been simplified because if LSD is promiscuous pharmacologically I think that may mean that different receptors with different dynamics have different points of saturation. But I don't know if the bodyload would keep getting more intense in this context or if the trip would psychologically become more intense. Perhaps it is hard to argue any of this because if many factors shift the whole context shifts and that would beg any subjective point in the experience to be entirely redefined...

@laugh: please read our forum guideline rules on videos of "videos of people tripping"...

Last edited:
Is this something you know from actual direct experience or something you've read on the Internet and assumed to be true?

What I'm interested in is why one particular thread on one particular web forum has become such an enduring myth while thousands of other bullshit stories have sunk into obscurity. I wonder the same about the Judeo-Christian bible. There have been plenty of silly books. What properties cause one to become so culturally dominant?

Indoctrination of children, lies of hell fire and / or eternal bliss and militant attempts to convert people, is what :p

As for the thumbprint.. It probably has been done.

I can guarantee its been done, but it just sounds so ridiculously uncomfortable and stupid.
Fuck possibly a 50+mg LSD dose?
You must be tripping for over 24 hours and might even come up in minutes

This is a completely unnecessary dose, way over saturation point.
that.

as far as i know

saturation point is not that high from what i had read
after that, the experience doesn't change much

this means that many people here who have had high doses have been quite close to thumbprint-like experiences

I read the chinacat story a while back it seemed to romanticize high doses of LSD but did sound too out there if you have ever spent time around dead tour.

It is very easy to build up a large tolerance to LSD. If you take a regular dose say 150mcg then the next day take 300mcgs it will be weaker. then 600mcgs the next day after, still weaker if you are doing them back to back by a week you could be doing 1mg a common “10 strip” just to get high.

When Dead tour was going many people ate LSD like candy if you do that for very long with no breaks(waiting 7-10 days) 10 strips do nothing much, you need a “puddle” or crystal for a full on trip.

People laying paper usally expose themselves to very large amounts of LSD just laying the paper. You are talking about dumping 1 gram of crystal in a pyrex dish with a cup or so of alcohol and putting on latex gloves and playing in it over and over for hours to lay a few grams. All the people I have ever heard talk about laying paper said the would get extremely high..and they were people with large tolerances at the time they were doing it.

It was not extremely uncommon(but not common) for people “in the know” on dead tour to get crystal. A full on “thumb print” would be very extreme but not totally unbelievable. This was a time were mass amounts of real LSD was flooding cities every time the dead came through town and there was a good number of people laying and distributing sheets. Dead tour also had lots of “families” all with their own strange initiation rituals.

If a common person with no tolerance just went out and did a couple of mgs of crystal..? they would be in for a life changing experience..

I read the chinacat story a while back it seemed to romanticize high doses of LSD but did sound too out there if you have ever spent time around dead tour.

It is very easy to build up a large tolerance to LSD. If you take a regular dose say 150mcg then the next day take 300mcgs it will be weaker. then 600mcgs the next day after, still weaker if you are doing them back to back by a week you could be doing 1mg a common “10 strip” just to get high.

When Dead tour was going many people ate LSD like candy if you do that for very long with no breaks(waiting 7-10 days) 10 strips do nothing much, you need a “puddle” or crystal for a full on trip.

People laying paper usally expose themselves to very large amounts of LSD just laying the paper. You are talking about dumping 1 gram of crystal in a pyrex dish with a cup or so of alcohol and putting on latex gloves and playing in it over and over for hours to lay a few grams. All the people I have ever heard talk about laying paper said the would get extremely high..and they were people with large tolerances at the time they were doing it.

It was not extremely uncommon(but not common) for people “in the know” on dead tour to get crystal. A full on “thumb print” would be very extreme but not totally unbelievable. This was a time were mass amounts of real LSD was flooding cities every time the dead came through town and there was a good number of people laying and distributing sheets. Dead tour also had lots of “families” all with their own strange initiation rituals.

If a common person with no tolerance just went out and did a couple of mgs of crystal..? they would be in for a life changing experience..

exactly. knowing that particular scene, it doesnt surprise me. i am sure thumbprints have been done and are still being done by some outrageous spunions. but its people that are unfamiliar with the dead scene reading about it on the internet who turned it into mythic internet folklore status. close knit groups of people taking large amounts of psychedelics do weird shit anyways FWIW.