• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Thumbprints

The hypothetical point, according to the myth, is that by submitting yourself willingly to this torture, you are somehow proving your sincerty and devotion to being a distributor. Thinking is that any narc would be too chicken shit to go through with it.

There are quite a few threads on this OP.

Was actually discussing a thumbprint with some dude I met the other day - one of the safest guys I met in ages.

He said he had done a few - a few mg of LSD crystal on the end of your thumb he said - pretty fucking mad stuff!

I started the conversation and said how I wanted to try one, to see how I'd deal, and he said it wasn't quite as uncommon as you'd think - most people just don't really wanna be advertising it, as it implies access to Crystal LSD.

I've known one or two people with access to crystal LSD. They never took thumbprints. They did take a lot of acid in general though. Perhaps unsurprisingly.

I've never done a thumbprint, but illuz1on talked about putting a thumb over the tip of the dropper bottle so here's my story...... I was hanging out with my main tripping buddy back in '99. We were dropping straight from the bottle..... On the 6th or 7th hit I ended up accidentally touching the dropper to my tongue. I have to tell you, the effects were almost instantaneous. I started tripping so hard that I don't remember exactly what happened. All I remember was crapping my pants. Not a highlight or my life, let me tell you. Then I went up to the bathroom to try to clean up. This is probably impossible when you're on 20-30 hits of good liquid. I finally made it up to bed, not very cleaned up, and PASSED OUT! I didn't know that could happen on megadoses of acid. Maybe I didn't pass out, maybe I just went back into the wilderness of too much acid. I do remember him calling me back before I went to try to clean up, it was like walking through a forest where all the trees are in your path. Sooner or later the last tree gets out of your way and you see the clearing, what we call reality. I would probably do it again, if I were chained to a toilet!!!!! Not one of my proudest moments, But I'm ok with the fact that it happened, because how many people can say they made it through something like that? If you believe the official literature, I should be permanently insane. Although I never believed that bullshit about how acid makes you crazy anyway.

in one of those shroomery threads theres a guy who could be talking out of his ass claiming that the saturation theory is true for the serotonin aspect of lsd but that lsd also works on dopamine and adrenaline receptors as well so when you get into like 40000ug or 50000ugs the effects on dopamine and adrenaline receptors is high enough to be noticeable

If that is the case it would just make it speedy, jittery and edgy rather than be a pleasant addition, surely? If it's affecting dopamine and adrenaline at that level then it must be doing so in the standard dose range too so I would imagine the speedy effects would become pretty uncomfortable if you're taking 100 times a standard dose. Can't see that adding dopamine and adrenaline would add much to the psychedelia either really.

I would try it if given the opportunity and in a comfortable place with people i trust to get me through it with my brain intact.

I think the theory behind doses of enormous magnitude "breaking" the saturation point is similar to what another poster said; LSD might be very slightly active at a wide variety of receptors, but it doesn't produce any discernible effects because the activity involved is so minute. When one takes a huge dose, these effects could become noticeable and significantly alter the experience.

No idea how true that is, just what I've heard.

If that is the case it would just make it speedy, jittery and edgy rather than be a pleasant addition, surely? If it's affecting dopamine and adrenaline at that level then it must be doing so in the standard dose range too so I would imagine the speedy effects would become pretty uncomfortable if you're taking 100 times a standard dose. Can't see that adding dopamine and adrenaline would add much to the psychedelia either really.

Nope... Down this road likely lies only psychosis. Temporary if you're lucky.

Would a sane person do one to begin with?

chicken_or_egg.jpg

I can't believe people are still posting this vapid, ridiculous, deplorable horseshit.

Well, I suppose I can ...

ChinaCat's accounts are marginally entertaining fiction admixed with a lot of grandiose spreading-the-love crap. The business is not run that way.

People have certainly eaten high doses of LSD before, and it gets you pretty spun out, but the idea of a thumbprint qua initiation/hazing is pure invention.

I consumed a small amount of crystal once, ~1mg, I tripped hard, it doesn't make me special. Consuming any more than that is just plain reckless. A few people have in the past I'm sure, and I hope that that deluded pile of shit thread over at the Shroomery doesn't inspire anyone to do so in the future ... But that requires a lot offaith in human abilities of discernment :(

I agree with you SKL.

The idea that people in the acid business thumprinted people as some sort test of their trustability or to tell if they were not involved with a fed or other law enforcement agency undercover is the stupidest thing I have ever heard and in my opinion the whole thing was made up by chinacat to impress kids on the internet.

Thumb print doses seem to be something that was thought up while high and then the myth grew into the monster of a lie it is today.

I'm very skeptical of chinacat, and he was into spreading loads of misinformation about LSD doses, and LSD with fiction about thumb printing. He's no longer alive and I think he got a kick out of telling younger kids how people would sell L at shows in the mid/late 80s and 90s at GD shows when the entire scene which was "hell in a bucket" for awhile got a lot worse, cut-throat, a total party scene with people who weren't even there to go to the show just party or score drugs, etc.

High doses of LSD in a "thumbprint" or an extremely large dose like Robert Hunter took have this effect: http://www.erowid.org/references/refs_view.php?ID=3266 and http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1129381/ or sometimes the person will black out/pass out and only remembers the onset of the drug and it's not like taking a large dose of LSD in blotter/liquid/gel form.

Last edited:
I'll admit I wouldn't mind eating a milligram of crystal acid or so, but that's no more than a 10 strip of good blotter.

I think any dose over 10mg is just foolhardy and asking for trouble. Hell, even 5mg is more than plenty

anyways, you dragged this back up from 2011 haha.. :\

Doesn't full receptor saturation start at 1.2mg? Beyond that there's just no use

Doesn't full receptor saturation start at 1.2mg? Beyond that there's just no use

Thank you kidlmx. I believe so. I grew up around all the hard core Deadheads and their antics from 1977-1995. (I wonder what happened to many of them?) Instead of the term thumbprint it was puddle. A puddle of liquid. People would say "puddle me". Most who have done that have admitted a ceiling effect. I can say on my 3000 mic trip I had once there was a ceiling. I probably couldn't tell the difference between 1000 and 3000. It was interesting to say the least. But I felt more straighter than if I had done 250 mics. Not straight, but I could see how the acid worked and it doesn't get stronger and stronger after a certain point.

The whole thing reminded me of the statement if you go so far out you end up back where you were. And that is my impression of a large dose of acid. I thought if you took larger and larger doses it was bottomless. Not so for me.

Duration would be the difference from 1 mg to 3 mg or pure crystalline based LSD..... not that I would know from personal experience, its just that well..... for me 2 hits lasted a good 6 to 7 4 hits lasted a good 8 to 10 hours 6 hits lasted half a day at 12 hours and and 10 hits or the closest equivalent I can think of to 1 mg taken all at once lasted an annoying 16 hours.

I don't see how people say no matter what LSD only lasts 8 to 12 hours no matter what the dose.

It's also my understanding you can only absorb so much.... I taken very large amounts before and there is a point I get to, but never any more / further... after ego death or what ever you may call it, at that point you may have though you fell asleep for awhile .. your back still tripping until it wears off.. and it always wears off... And I haven't stopped tripping or still tripping years later statements make no since to me..... i'm as clear as the day is bright...

Last edited:
Thumbprints are a real thing. They're not some initiation method into the family. People with raw, past the point of no-return do them all the time. They don't go all around,"yeah, man, I need a print dude!" It is just a practical method for ingesting crystal, but from my experience with the people that ingest raw crystal all the time, I'd advise just sticking with what seems logical for you to take. I've actually done a lot more with outer body experiences on doses that made logical sense to take, rather than as much as I feel I can eat.

I guess it's better that a 2-year old thread got brought back from the dead, as opposed to someone starting one about this dick size comparison based discussion.

yeah the forever trip is only capable via intense meditation.... and we are talking years of inward study mental and physical training meditation.... or so I have been told.

I agree with Toltec and even on 10 hits close to 1000 mics I never floated up and out of my body, although I can see why some people think for sure they have had an OBE. I have been quite shocked by my eyes abilities to make a table seem to levitate. In retrospect I know it was just an odd level of concentration and the fact that by that point trails were produced from eye movement rather then movement infront of my eyes. When those are the kinds of OEV's one is getting the CEV's if given the chance can take one to another world, BUT it is still on CEV, and to me the world behind the eyelids can be kinda dangerous when on a highdose..... beautiful things can evolve though....... especially when something like Scarlet Begonia's is playing in the backround.

.............. High doses basically in a good setting make you feel like you have the answer to every single one of lifes mysteries at the tips of your fingers and yet while the answers are within reach, you are too distracted to be able to really make true sense of them.

I have heard of printing..... although in the description given to me the need to lick the thumb was not a part of the application, supposedly the crystal is sharp enough to simply be absorbed like a pin prick but I may have been misled.