• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

this is 1,4b that i can ingest right?

i'd try it first by itself. it does well with benzos but i hear if you don't have a gaba tolerance it's easy to od on.

I don't take gabaergics very often nowadays, even to the extent of a "normal" social alcohol user. Just found out a way to obtain 1,4-B for really low price so that's why I'm asking.

in my opinion it's garbage. if i could go back in time i wouldn't buy it. which such because i have a ton of it. try to sell it to frat.

How does this stuff combine with opiates, DXM or alcohol? Would a tiny 1,4-B dose of maybe 300 mg be enough to potentiate a moderate dose of the those significantly?

1,4-BD increases nausea and sort of overpowers opioids in a strange way.

Not good to combine with alcohol given how its metabolized.

300mg would be more like .3ml, where 1ml of 1,4-B is very roughly a gram of GHB. 1,4-BD seems to have ethanol-like effects of its own aside from its metabolism to GHB and may be active somehow in its own right.

can someone link me on how to turn this into ghb? it came in a 500ml bottle (plastic, which is pretty dumb for a plastic dissolving solvent; i transferred it to metal), so i have a lot to experiment with. and i wanna try ghb before i write this stuff off.

Unlike GBL, 1,4-BD cannot be easily turned into GHB. It would have to first be turned into GBL, which isn't the most straightforward process for a home chemist. The oxidizing agents are either too obscure, or it requires obscure catalysts, or reflux, or all three even.

GBL to GHB however is a simple process however requiring only sodium hydroxide.

It's theoretically possible to convert 1,4-BD to GHB by partial oxidation with permanganate or some other oxidizer (and after that exposing to air to oxidize all 4-hydroxybutyraldehyde impurity to GHB), but then some of the butanediol is wasted to succinic acid being formed as a side product. Fortunately succinic acid isn't anywhere near as toxic as the somewhat similar oxalic acid.

i took 6ml and i think a problem with my lack of effect was not taking my benzo use into account and under dosing.

It's theoretically possible to convert 1,4-BD to GHB by partial oxidation with permanganate or some other oxidizer (and after that exposing to air to oxidize all 4-hydroxybutyraldehyde impurity to GHB), but then some of the butanediol is wasted to succinic acid being formed as a side product. Fortunately succinic acid isn't anywhere near as toxic as the somewhat similar oxalic acid.

In terms of yield i think 1,4-BD --> GBL --> GHB would probably be better. Maybe THF --> GBL --> GHB would be easier.

i took 6ml and i think a problem with my lack of effect was not taking my benzo use into account and under dosing.

It might be watered down too. I once bought 1,4-BD on amazon and it seemed to be diluted. Amazon sourced 1,4-BD is also sold in plastic bottles of question suitability (it requires storage in #2 plastic and should preferably be in glass as it dissolves plastic).

i passed out and feel horrible.

in terms of melting plastic i transferred it to a metal thermos because reviews said it eventually melted the bottle. i'm sure there is alrieady plastic in there though.

^^^^i agree, its a disaster. My max was 9ml, and i take 4g a night of phenibut, both GABA-B agonists. Not sure if that raises my tolerance or results in an additive effect but i woke up my girl to altert her of the potential problem. "I took too much of drug don't let me fall asleep". Of course she fell asleep shortly after but the issue stands it was too much.

The difference with GHB/its prodrugs and benzos is that fatal doses are easily. Take enough 1,4-BD and you'll die, its not that forgiving. In concert with benzos its worse.

Ive mixed benzos and 1,4-bd plenty, but not more than 5-6ml. Becareful. I woke up half dead on a ventilator 6 days after combing benzos (phenazepam and etizolam) with etaqualone. 9ml of pure 1,4-BD (without benzos, but with alcohol and 4g phenibut, both being very notable) had me worried for my safety. Mixing gabaergics almost killed me. The dose response curve of 1,4-BD is geometric, where 9ml may feel 3 times stronger than 6ml.

i won't be taking that much again. even though it felt good for a moment, i nowi feel very sick.

Last edited:
The dizziness and nausea is the most notable side-effect. If feels neverending but it does end. I had to take a flight that morning and thought i might not make due to sickness but it was fine. I kept on yelling to my girlfriend, :wheress my stool, wheres my stool?" I was demanding for a stool to extend my legs upon; one that i had years before i met her, one she had never seen. I was so sure it was there; it wasn't. That was 9ml, i thought i might have been in danger of calling into a coma, thus me asking her to not let me fall asleep.

Honestly never felt it was good for sleep, too stimulating. Though occasionally youll just lose consciousness then be wide awake. Sometimes it is OK for sleep.

I once gave a great deal of it to a bunch of friends. Apparently one was on it and was alternative standing and running and then spontaneously falling asleep. Others at this site have had bizarre reactions to this compound, the high isnt worth an ER visit.

i dumped the rest down the sink. something that makes you feel like this has to be horribly healthy.

also weird it crystalized/froze in my fridge and i do not have a fridge that freezes things.

and even though i watered it down to drink it like burnt the top layer of my tongue off or did something weird.

Last edited:
also weird it crystalized/froze in my fridge and i do not have a fridge that freezes things.

PubChem says that the melting point of 1,4-BD is as high as 20 deg C (68 deg F). Or do you mean that it crystallized out of water solution in the fridge? That would help purifying it if true.

i didn't dilute it until drinking. it was like 75 percent weird ice. so maybe it was 25 percent water, which is fine by me. that stuff so toxic it should be diluted.

though that would mean the liquid i was drinking was water. and that definitely wasn't the case. i think it was just talking a while to freeze because it was in a good thermos.

Last edited:
in the thermos the bottom of it didn’t pour out because it frozen too solid. was In left on the counter because I thought was emp ty. It was still frozen at room temp. surely the thermos helped keep it cold.

well not exactly cold but under 68f.

Last edited: