• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Thebaine Toxicity in Poppy Seed Tea?

Just because oxy (and some other opioids) are originally derived from thebaine doesn't mean they share anything with thebaine in terms of effects. There are plenty of cases of very structurally similar drugs not sharing the same sort of effects, or even necessarily affect the same receptor groups.

It's nature's own way of saying fuck you by giving you these effects for not sharing the seeds with nature and choking them so then it affects your receptors by giving you fits I'm also surprised that this many cases have turned up to prove that getting seizures from poppy tea is reality indeed.

Well, seeds from poppies that are not specifically bred to be high in thebaine content don't have these effects and are roughly equivalent to consuming time-release opium. If you consumed the opium from these high-thebaine poppies, you'd get the same sort of effects as from the seeds. The pharmaceutical industry has bred a high-thebaine poppy to produce the thebaine necessary for all the synthesis of oxycodone and others, and some sources for culinary poppy seeds use those (as when consuming a regular amount that you find it food, it doesn't matter one way or the other).

That's on point, the parallel being that most likely the majority of culinary seeds available on the market are actually from same poppies used in pharmaceutical industry, they probably don't import them from elsewhere like opium oriented countries, I don't see a reason why they wouldn't be growing poppies high in thebaine, it's a greedy industry I figure. It's also a shame sorta that it doesn't matter, well I hope so.

Holly crap this is happening to me as well. It is scary as hell.
I has my first full on heroin high could hardly breath which scared me even though I smoked it and have a tolerance, I got a real real good deal the best deal ive had and I get a lot of good deals not tyna dick size but this stuff is tt
( ten ten) as soon as u get a whif you know its good stuff I had some in the morning in my hostel room and didn't even know where I was

btw thank god for this thread a few members have took to stalking me and replying to every post I do saying "he only takes drugs CUs he thinks he's cool" crap like that to turn everyone against
me luckily they don't seem to dwell here

btw thank god for this thread a few members have took to stalking me and replying to every post I do saying "he only takes drugs CUs he thinks he's cool" crap like that to turn everyone against
me luckily they don't seem to dwell here
I don't know man... Do you think heroin is dangerous due to thebaine in it, or do you assume I was just being paranoid and imagining? I would like to think so. But, seriously though heroin, thebaine... it's all fucked. It seems so.

Seriously though, this poppy seeds thing it is obviously a seizure inducing and very dumb thing to do or what?

H
I has my first full on heroin high could hardly breath which scared me even though I smoked it and have a tolerance, I got a real real good deal the best deal ive had and I get a lot of good deals not tyna dick size but this stuff is tt
( ten ten) as soon as u get a whif you know its good stuff I had some in the morning in my hostel room and didn't even know where I was
How is this relevant to what were talking about?

Yea anyone that thinks Thebaine to Oxycodone synthesis is “easy kitchen chemistry” obviously has never done attempted it. Please don’t talk like it is some “simple tweaking” as you put it.

For most synthesis processes, if you can’t figure it out on your own through references and search engines than it’s above your chemistry skill. It’s the brutal honest truth that will save you a lot of time, money, hassle and health.

Etorphine and buprenorphine are the most important opioids that are made from thebaine. Maybe they could also be called "opiate" because they're semisynthetic products from the poppy alkaloids. Those syntheses are difficult enough that I wouldn't try it even if I had a real laboratory.

It's nature's own way of saying fuck you by giving you these effects for not sharing the seeds with nature and choking them so then it affects your receptors by giving you fits I'm also surprised that this many cases have turned up to prove that getting seizures from poppy tea is reality indeed.
You can soak the seed's, just handwarm/ cold water with some lemon. And they germinate fine afterward's, if they were alive to begin with. So that is not entirely through. You'll have to come up with another explenation KnowsNotWhatItMean. But I do get the humor of it.

I hate the effect's of the opium alkaloid's btw. But the plant's that came from my extraction residue were beatie's. To bad the effect's don't agree with me, or I could have harvested the pod's for more. Relocating them is also almost impossible as they grow a pen like main root.

Lemon water actually nearly doubles thebaine yield in a tea according to studies which seem to be suggesting that lemon juice does not affect extraction of morphine and codeine as dramatically as of thebaine. I'm trying to keep up with the thread.

^^^Whered you read that? Sounds interesting and could really effect future extraction TEKs.

-GC

Yeah it does seem to, though im not sure if it is statistically significant (the effect seems mild, negative even, as seen in the sample with the highest morphine content).

Capture (1).JPG