• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Thebaine Toxicity in Poppy Seed Tea?

This thread is scary though, because of the seizures. Sometimes the tea does indeed hit me differently and I can feel it almost instantly within the first 15 minutes when it happens. It has a confusing delirious effect feels like a blackout for the lack of a better word. @Picnic_Johnson 's story makes me concerned and paranoid.

And I'm mentioning intense shaking in the same thread I should be banned. It wasn't my intent at all I forgot about it, i think that's incredibly stupid and offensive I apologize I hope you're doing fine @Picnic_Johnson I would greatly appreciate reading any further comments that you may feel like sharing with us.

Last edited:
I successfully synthesized Thebaine and Codeine into Oxycodone a long time ago, ive got a degree in biochemical engineering and I done chemical engineering as well but I dropped out of that. But yeah I must admit for the novice it would be a daunting task indeed and it would be harder than I previously stated. I won't be showing anyone how to synthesize semi-synthetic opioids either. But I will say one thing.. you don't need industrial sized lab spaces to synthesize opioids, or any other drug for that matter. Synthesis of chemicals is very scalable IE the more u want the bigger the space required.

I
If it was me and I stumbled across some high content Thebaine pods I'd try and extract and isolate the Thebaine and turn it into Oxycodone! Did u know Thebaine is the main precursor chemical for Oxycodone synthesis? With a little "tweak of chemistry" you could turn that nasty Thebaine into something very pleasurable!!! Obviously you'll need some chemical engineering knowledge, you can find the Thebaine->Oxycodone formula somewhere online, google it! It's actually not that hard to do.
It just requires a medium level skillset,hard to get expensive rare chemicals,time, effort and then only to get a small amount of stuff from the pods and an even smaller amount after extracting and processing that unless you have a feilds full of them it's not worth it.

If there is a safe way to discard thebaine I would like to learn about it for harm reduction purposes only.

Last edited:
If there is a safe way to discard thebaine I would like to learn about it for harm reduction purposes only.
hehe I got the best dark this side of waterfields (heroin) OH MY GOD IT IS SO STRONG AND I GET IT CHEAPER THAN MOSTmy boys are back on road and thank god I actually gotripped off the other day grabbed the scank by the neck searched every pocket but didn't get my tenner back f
irst and only Tim I git ripped off CUs everyone I knew was dry or like miles away

It only took about one or two grams of them to achieve a nod. It started with panic attacks, accompanied by a pounding heart/ shortness of breath. I chalked it up to just regular respirtory depression, but this was different - There was a panic / confusion factor. If you get dosed with thebaine you'll know it. It's as dysphoric as the literature says it is.

The second thing that started to happen was when I would take a nap or try to sleep at all.. as *soon* as I started to drift into REM sleep, I would have a violent seizure like jerk. It was scary as hell.
Holly crap this is happening to me as well. It is scary as hell.

that happens to me on oxy, esp the sleeping thing.

could there be unnreacted thebaine in the pill? it could have the same traits.

hi
first time responding. been using poppy seed tea for pain management for a long time now and frankly i'm really concerned with the current dea maneuverings. the price has gone off the chart. and before anyone asks - i was with a pain clinic - went through everything first - only opiates helped. i was on pure oxycodone for a long time, made it up to 50mg/day, but i would still develop resistance and breakthrough pain would persist. i eventually would end up taking too much and run out with regularity. and on top of that, my personality would change (according to loved ones), the medicine played havoc with my bowels, the whole nine yards. And i was well past the point if getting high.

i discovered PST in maybe 2014? I dunno. started with 1 cup/day (1 cup poppy seeds/1 cup of water, strain, and go) and it was a GODSEND. Lasted all day/no problems, minimal withdrawal when it wore off, unless you know, i went another 24 hours or so without anything.

cut to 2019 and ever since august, prices gone up/product getting shittier. ususally aug/sept sucks in general imo bc the suppliers i use are all jewish and they tend to shut down around the jewish holidays in september. but things get better again by november. not this year. my regular supplier is SOLD OUT and from what i can tell this is due to dea rescheduling of goddamn poppy seeds.

maybe this is a blessing in disguise for me, costs are going up, quality getting worse, it is sort of forcing me to taper. will my pain come back? it has. it's not as bad as it's been in the past though. but it is uncomfortable. i don't know which is worse tho now - the pain or the WDs.

as to the thebaine toxicity...all i can say is this...there was one time in 2016...i was between jobs..not really watching my intake..and probably took too much...and i had a full-blown grand-mal seizure....doctors said to me (not knowing what i took) that 'everybody gets one', i've generally been careful since then, but my body was wrecked by that seizure for a week - like i ran a marathon in 20 minutes. 0/10 would not recommmend. be careful people. watch how much you take.

Holly crap this is happening to me as well. It is scary as hell.
those jerks are called 'hypnogogic jerks' and they're actually quite common regardless of your intake of substances. people get them all the time. it's funny with me i'll sometimes feel like i have a mini-dream where i am walking down steps and miss one and feel like i'm falling and that'll wake me up.
don't worry about them too much, they're normal.

as to the thebaine toxicity...all i can say is this...there was one time in 2016...i was between jobs..not really watching my intake..and probably took too much...and i had a full-blown grand-mal seizure....doctors said to me (not knowing what i took) that 'everybody gets one', i've generally been careful since then, but my body was wrecked by that seizure for a week - like i ran a marathon in 20 minutes. 0/10 would not recomm
Yeah I kinda still worry.

that happens to me on oxy, esp the sleeping thing.

could there be unnreacted thebaine in the pill? it could have the same traits.
Absolutely not.if it did you would need to use about a thousand oxys to get a hit of thebaine.pharma grade oxy is like 99.99% pure and analysed by hplc gcms etc etc to prove how clean it is.

hi
first time responding. been using poppy seed tea for pain management for a long time now and frankly i'm really concerned with the current dea maneuverings. the price has gone off the chart. and before anyone asks - i was with a pain clinic - went through everything first - only opiates helped. i was on pure oxycodone for a long time, made it up to 50mg/day, but i would still develop resistance and breakthrough pain would persist. i eventually would end up taking too much and run out with regularity. and on top of that, my personality would change (according to loved ones), the medicine played havoc with my bowels, the whole nine yards. And i was well past the point if getting high.

i discovered PST in maybe 2014? I dunno. started with 1 cup/day (1 cup poppy seeds/1 cup of water, strain, and go) and it was a GODSEND. Lasted all day/no problems, minimal withdrawal when it wore off, unless you know, i went another 24 hours or so without anything.

cut to 2019 and ever since august, prices gone up/product getting shittier. ususally aug/sept sucks in general imo bc the suppliers i use are all jewish and they tend to shut down around the jewish holidays in september. but things get better again by november. not this year. my regular supplier is SOLD OUT and from what i can tell this is due to dea rescheduling of goddamn poppy seeds.

maybe this is a blessing in disguise for me, costs are going up, quality getting worse, it is sort of forcing me to taper. will my pain come back? it has. it's not as bad as it's been in the past though. but it is uncomfortable. i don't know which is worse tho now - the pain or the WDs.

as to the thebaine toxicity...all i can say is this...there was one time in 2016...i was between jobs..not really watching my intake..and probably took too much...and i had a full-blown grand-mal seizure....doctors said to me (not knowing what i took) that 'everybody gets one', i've generally been careful since then, but my body was wrecked by that seizure for a week - like i ran a marathon in 20 minutes. 0/10 would not recommmend. be careful people. watch how much you take.

Yeah i noticed the same thing. Earlier this year you could buy NC seeds on amazon (this isnt sourcing -- their seeds are now thoroughly washed and worthless) for $15 a pound and theyd be good for 3 strong doses or so. Now amazon sells no poppy seeds and ok seeds are 3x that price. I am glad personally since as a former hardcore opioid addict I had zero business messing with high doses of morphine.

What doses do you use (in grams)?

It's funny that you rated your seizure.
More ppl should do that.
What I meant is I am worried about drinking this tea again because a few people in this thread reported having seizures from it already and I was definitely feeling these effects of thebaine as described, there is nothing funny about having seizures.

those jerks are called 'hypnogogic jerks' and they're actually quite common regardless of your intake of substances. people get them all the time. it's funny with me i'll sometimes feel like i have a mini-dream where i am walking down steps and miss one and feel like i'm falling and that'll wake me up.
don't worry about them too much, they're normal.

My girl gets hypnic jerks, it used to freak me out. She almost never does any drugs, it just happens when she's about to fall asleep. To the point it wakes her up violently sometimes.

I used to get the falling feeling that woke me up... I haven't had that in forever though.

Does Oxy have any of the toxicity since its chemically similar?
would be interesting to know.
I'd assume it's not the same, because oxy wouldn't be used as widely if it were as likely to be causing seizures, right?

I mean, I'm not sure how much of a possibility there realistically is to suffer seizures due to oxy, but there must be more research available on oxy than thebaine in this regard.

As far as thebaine, I'm afraid that it is obviously toxic, as it is classified as such and it's also dysphoric they are not the same compound.

I'd assume it's not the same, because oxy wouldn't be used as widely if it were as likely to be causing seizures, right?

I mean, I'm not sure how much of a possibility there realistically is to suffer seizures due to oxy, but there must be more research available on oxy than thebaine in this regard.

As far as thebaine, I'm afraid that it is obviously toxic, as it is classified as such and it's also dysphoric they are not the same compound.
Oxy is completely safe as far as seizures go, its as likely to cause seizures as morphine or any other opioid, do not worry about it.