• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? [New poll options added 1-22-08]

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? (New Poll Options)

• Methadone

Votes: 325 27.1%
  • Heroin

Votes: 278 23.2%
  • Oxycodone

Votes: 198 16.5%
  • Hydrocodone

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Fentanyl

Votes: 83 6.9%
  • Buprenorphine

Votes: 43 3.6%
  • Morphine

Votes: 51 4.3%
  • Others - If so please specify

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • Hydromorphone

Votes: 21 1.8%
  • Poppy Pods

Votes: 47 3.9%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 14 1.2%

• Total voters
For me its H hands down. I have heard methadone is Honorable too but I have never taken it. However there is opiate that is being cooked up like meth in a way by using Iodine and codeine OTC pills in Russia due the poverty a lot of addicted cant afford there drug of choice H so they switch to this, it is such a powerful drug that W/d can last up to month and the physical pain is so intense that there have even been cases of people going into shock over it. But hear is the even more disturbing part it litterly eats you away. I saw pictures of a lady flesh completely rotten down to the bone in her arm. The drug is called Krokodile do the scaly like apperence that begins at the injection site.

It slowly eats you from the inside out and the drug has just a grasp on them they dont even care. I read once that the average addict from there first dose have a life expectancy of only 8-10 months. People that had testimoneys over it said they they always felt dirty using it and always craved that H but there lack of funds in the poverty stricken area dosent allow for it and they eventually just dose until the end. Its quite sad really, Look up so of the pictures of the people who used it. ( not for the faint of heart. Anyways i know that is not waht you asked but I did think it was interesting to say the least.

^Yeah it's because of the poor preparation techniques used that this shit eats you away. Have to be pretty desperate to use a drug like that.

apparently the worst is that stuff they make in russia Desomorphine i think its called krokodil or something-made from codiene strangely enuff! The wd is so bad u pass out . having said that im sure 20yrs of IVing china white would be about as bad as it gets

For me its H hands down. I have heard methadone is Honorable too but I have never taken it. However there is opiate that is being cooked up like meth in a way by using Iodine and codeine OTC pills in Russia due the poverty a lot of addicted cant afford there drug of choice H so they switch to this, it is such a powerful drug that W/d can last up to month and the physical pain is so intense that there have even been cases of people going into shock over it. But hear is the even more disturbing part it litterly eats you away. I saw pictures of a lady flesh completely rotten down to the bone in her arm. The drug is called Krokodile do the scaly like apperence that begins at the injection site.

It slowly eats you from the inside out and the drug has just a grasp on them they dont even care. I read once that the average addict from there first dose have a life expectancy of only 8-10 months. People that had testimoneys over it said they they always felt dirty using it and always craved that H but there lack of funds in the poverty stricken area dosent allow for it and they eventually just dose until the end. Its quite sad really, Look up so of the pictures of the people who used it. ( not for the faint of heart. Anyways i know that is not waht you asked but I did think it was interesting to say the least.

apparently the worst is that stuff they make in russia Desomorphine i think its called krokodil or something-made from codiene strangely enuff! The wd is so bad u pass out . having said that im sure 20yrs of IVing china white would be about as bad as it gets
Umm...

so the worst seams to be the fully synthetic opiods ie fentanyl/methadone btw i think the most potent opiod is carfentanyl

Methadone has to be the worst. I only used it for less than a month but I couldn't leave my bed for over a week. A few weeks of heroin use would give me withdrawals, but never that bad.

I actually found suboxone withdrawal to be worse than heroin. I tapered down to a pretty low dose (.5 mg for 2 weeks before finally stopping) and it was still awful; I imagine it's a nightmare if you don't taper like I did. But even getting off the way I did, the thing about sub WD is that it seems like it never ends. You're not confined to your bed for a week or whatever like you are with heroin--you can get up and go do things if you force yourself to. But your emotions are out of wack for months and you're in a constant state of mild physical withdrawal. I had blood in my shit for weeks after I quit suboxone, my body temperature was fucked up until 45 days clean, and I really didn't feel like a person until over 90 days off of the subs. With heroin, I always felt like a new person ready to take on the world around 2 weeks after my last use. With subs, forget about feeling anything until 90 days.

Oxycodone (strongest opiod I've been addicted to). felt the withdrawals even with lots of tramadol and codeine and loperamide.

I have done more than my fair share of detoxing, off of almost every opiate. But everyone has those few times that were worst case scenarios, for me last December l was smoking four to five opana 40s a day...for some reason l metabolized opana quickly, l would have to wake up at like four in the morning and smoke cause l would start withdrawing...anyways l thought l was going to get more, finished my shit at six in the evening, woke up at six in the morning fukin dying already. So so bad...other bad one's cold turkey off two. G's iv H a day...

For me it was a close tie between Methadone and Bupe (suboxone). I know, your thinking "really?" IDK wtf is wrong with me I always seem to wd harder than anyone I know even though I always wean down to very low doses. I could not make it through wd's after weaning down to 15-30mg of oxy/day. And I weaned down to 5 mgs/day of methadone and had the worst kick of my life. Went on for 5 days before I gave in. I was delirious from no sleep. I had the most awful pain in my chest but kind felt like my stomach.

Then the subs. I know the problem there was that I was IVing. So even tho I weaned down to .25-.50mgs/day, I shot my BA up by IVing the shit. But I still should not have been as sick as I was. I puked and/or dry heaved til I gagged, every 20mins. Never been so sick in my life.That same pain in my chest. It is weird, it is not exactly in my chest, it feels like my stomach but when I put my hand over where the pain is, it is just below my sternum. Is it my chest or stomach? Certainly feels like stomach pain, except with the methadone it felt more like chest pain, IDK, confusing.

Anyways, methadone was worse ONLY because it went on for 5 days. Since I only suffered with the sub kick for 24hrs before I found something I can't properly compare. But that short time felt like eternity. And the nausea never let up. I would puke and then dry heave for like 5 minutes straight but I would not get that short period of relief after puking,like when you have a stomach flu. And of course I could not sleep. Just awful. One thing tho, IDK if this was a factor. I was taking baclofen for the first 4 days off the subs, it worked pretty damn good, til I ran out. The last day I cut my baclofen dose in half because I was running out. And I got deathly ill before I even took my last dose which I ended up puking up. Don't know if that was a factor, never tried baclofen before. But now I am 3 days off subs with kratom and so far so good. Wish me luck!

In chronological order- I've WD'd from poppy tea, hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, heroin, suboxone, and oxymorphone

It's hard for me to say which is the worst because I think the severity of WD depends on many factors. In my experience the WD experience gets more and more difficult each time, one's first WD episode being the easiest. For me, I'd much prefer a short-lived, intense kick than a milder, drawn out one. I'd vote for bupe just because it stays with you for such a long time. Just knowing that your WD may last a month is such a depressing feeling. I'd say methadone is worse than bupe though. I've never WD'd from methadone, but have helped a friend through it. MDone seems to have the intensity of a full agonist WD with the longevity of an opioid like bupe.

Been addicted to oxycodone/hydrocodone for 3 years now, the only times i withdrawal are when im broke and or cant find anything.. and i gotta say its the worst thing ive ever experienced in my life. As im sure alot of people here know

I've detoxed off Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Morphine, Buprenorphine, H and Methadone - all multiple times. Oxycodone, Morphine and Heroin seem to be very similar in the severity of withdrawal - but by day 10 you know you are through the forest.

Methadone takes the crown - although i've never had a long term Fentanyl habit?? The problem with Methadone is even after 3 weeks - of shitting yourself, delirium, no sleep, sweats, muscle aches, itching, depression you start doubting yourself that it will ever end. I finally started feeling better around the 45 day mark. I took an entire month off of work - thank god! I jumped off after taking it for a year @ 40mg. I wish I would have tapered.

I also have friends in recovery that tell me pods are pretty horrible to withdrawal from. I don't think I'm going to test that theory anytime soon. I've always wondered why they don't use opiate withdrawal as a torture device for people. Their were times during my methadone draw that I really did contemplate suicide - because death really did seem like an easier option. But like all things in life - it passed.

Oxycontin was the worse for me.... the withdrawal made me want to do some crazy shit. I just felt so fucking horrible and wanted the pain to go away. However I say oxycontin because I never let my heroin use get that bad.... yeah I know I haven't yet but I know I would choose heroin. I felt like shit when I stopped using dope but luckily it was nowhere near how bad it could be. That's why I try to refrain from using dope all the time.

Same with me ^ ^
I had medium withdrawals off H, only because it didn't get that bad. I got pneumonia from water lining tar all the time, so i had to stop as i couldn't breathe anymore..
As for oxycodone, my habit wasn't too big but the withdrawals were terrible when i finally ran out. Not in the mood to do anything at all, achy body, anxiety etc. All opiates are bad to come off imo, as long as you are on them for a long time and stop suddenly.

Subs and Methadone surely. They last equally as long. Yucky. Hell dope/china is rough. Those grueling long ones are worse though. The dope and shit might make you sicker short term but to be dopesick for over a month sometimes, fuuuuck that.
Tar is so fucking dirty. Abscesses & Pneumonia and shit.

For those of you have said Pods. How easy is it to get addicted. I have started using them recently. I am on about my third kilogram in 6 weeks, with about 800g left. But I can only do them 3 days on and 3/4 days off because I build a tolerance to them so quick. Surely it must take quite a long time to get addicted doing that.

If I just upped my doseage each time my tolerance grew I would have to use so much I wouldn't be able to afford to get addicted as I couldn't order them online.

takes a month or two, but the withdrawal is pretty terrible. Lasts for probably 10 days. You are withdrawing from each and every alkaloid in the poppy pod mix so it makes it that much worse. I'd rank it in the oxycodone/hydrocodone range but longer lasting. It's kind of like a shitty methadone. Not an easy withdrawal but not the worst either.

the 3 days on/3 days off will catch up to you quickly, you'll start feeling really shitty the 3 days off, mild opiate withdrawal and then you'll just go to using daily. Use pods 1-2x per week and you should be okay, tolerance wise and addiction wise. You'll also have way better highs this way and save money.

i would have to say, out of experience it would be methadone. way too long and way too harsh.

I was snorting Opana 20s for a while, then my Dr. took them away. That was fucking terrible, worst week of my life.