• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? [New poll options added 1-22-08]

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? (New Poll Options)

• Methadone

Votes: 325 27.1%
  • Heroin

Votes: 278 23.2%
  • Oxycodone

Votes: 198 16.5%
  • Hydrocodone

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Fentanyl

Votes: 83 6.9%
  • Buprenorphine

Votes: 43 3.6%
  • Morphine

Votes: 51 4.3%
  • Others - If so please specify

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • Hydromorphone

Votes: 21 1.8%
  • Poppy Pods

Votes: 47 3.9%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 14 1.2%

• Total voters
until you have been on a high dose of methadone for an elongated period of time and go cold turkey on it, the pain you will suffer will shit on ANY withdrawing from other opiates. Not surprised it is the highest voted for, and I bet the people voting for heroin haven't been on an mmt for a long period and colded it. ARGH! I'm getting flashbacks!

Oxy's the only one I've wd'd from. But I would deffinately see methadone/pods. Pods from all the different alkaloids. Methadone cuz its stored for so long in yuh o_O

I think oxymorphone is the nastiest, especially since it raises your tolerance to a point where you can't easily switch back to heroin or oxy, and a lot more buprenorphine or methadone is required to stabalize yourself.

I will be in withdrawl tomorrow from morphine....im so scared...been on it for a year and really want to get off of it...so i moved to another province where i do not know anyone who can give me anything. I brought 20 pills with me and thought i could ween off...i was dead wrong....now im having HOT FLASHES, MY BACK HURTS AND ITS ONLY BEEN 6 HOURS( even though i took a little today)....HOW BAD IS IT GOING TO GET?

Where is OXYMORPHONE (OPANA)?

Hands down the worst.

I have withdrawn from Hydromorphone, morphine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, heroin, subuxone, codeine, opanas....a fair amount of opiates. And NO WITHDRAWALS EVEN COME CLOSE to ol' OxyMorphone. Never before have i experienced that intensity of pain, for that long of a period of time, with those nasty of side effects. Never before have i NEEDED MEDICAL TREATMENT for opiate withdrawal, but for opana if i hadn't gone to a hospital to detox I would have never made it, one way or the other. Either would have relapsed or died/killed myself.

Every bad aspect of opiate withdrawals, rolled up into 1, then multiplied in intensity by god knows what number, and THEN multiplied in length. Thats oxymorphone withdrawal for you. I guess the one positive aspect is it supposedly doesnt last as long as methadone withdrawals. Its similar to the REAL long acting ones (mdone, bupe) b/c it has a fairly long HL as well; I notice just like with bupe or mdone, the worst day of w/d is like #2 or 3. With others usually the worst day is the first or second.

Morphine/hydromorphone were bad in the sense that they were combined, so I had length plus intensity (for first few days at least). I also missed a lotta school work but at least with those I wasn't constantly thinking of killing myself and feeling like someone was crushing my back with a sledgehammer. Sure hydroMorphone gave me some terrible back pains, and morphine terrible duration to that, but still not even CLOSE to opana. the opana ones were just.....so much more intense and lasted so much longer too!

Never had to kick methadone, but I can assume if it as intense as everyone claims, and as long, then that would probably be the one I might find worse than opana.

Last edited:
I've been or loacets / tabs for about 4 years. I never took more than a whole or half of one at a time but I'd do that throughout the day. I was up to 4-5 a day but breaking them into halves. I've started backing off a bit and now cut the cets into 3's and only take a 3rd at a time and now am down to 2.5 a day. After reading a few reviews it seems the easiest way to get off opiates is by reducing your intake daily over time until you no longer need them. I did notice the crazy leg when sleeping after I dropped my dosage but eventually that has faded, my lower back is sore off an on also. My body adjust each time I lower my intake, but it takes a few days. I assume the cets would be the most similar to hydrocodone and it appears they aren't as bad as H and Methadone to WD on so I'm hoping coming off will be a little easier than I expect. I guess I'll continue to reduce my dosage and see where it goes from there, hopefully I can move quicker than slow. I've never been addicted to any others so I'm not sure how those feel as far as WD's go but I feel for you all, none of them are fun to get off...but I see it can be done.

I'd have to say suboxone was worst for me. Oxycodone coming in second, and Heroin in third. I have never had to withdrawal from methadone and hopefully, will never have to in the future.

Where is OXYMORPHONE (OPANA)?

Hands down the worst.

I have withdrawn from Hydromorphone, morphine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, heroin, subuxone, codeine, opanas....a fair amount of opiates. And NO WITHDRAWALS EVEN COME CLOSE to ol' OxyMorphone. Never before have i experienced that intensity of pain, for that long of a period of time, with those nasty of side effects. Never before have i NEEDED MEDICAL TREATMENT for opiate withdrawal, but for opana if i hadn't gone to a hospital to detox I would have never made it, one way or the other. Either would have relapsed or died/killed myself.

Every bad aspect of opiate withdrawals, rolled up into 1, then multiplied in intensity by god knows what number, and THEN multiplied in length. Thats oxymorphone withdrawal for you. I guess the one positive aspect is it supposedly doesnt last as long as methadone withdrawals. Its similar to the REAL long acting ones (mdone, bupe) b/c it has a fairly long HL as well; I notice just like with bupe or mdone, the worst day of w/d is like #2 or 3. With others usually the worst day is the first or second.

Morphine/hydromorphone were bad in the sense that they were combined, so I had length plus intensity (for first few days at least). I also missed a lotta school work but at least with those I wasn't constantly thinking of killing myself and feeling like someone was crushing my back with a sledgehammer. Sure hydroMorphone gave me some terrible back pains, and morphine terrible duration to that, but still not even CLOSE to opana. the opana ones were just.....so much more intense and lasted so much longer too!

Never had to kick methadone, but I can assume if it as intense as everyone claims, and as long, then that would probably be the one I might find worse than opana.

Agree so hard on the Opana withdrawals... the worst. That's what made me make the jump to heroin. Fucking Opana. And then they reformulated them *twice* ... I smell a C-O-N-spriacy!

Im really hoping the amount of methadone I take, 30mg a day, won't produce the WDs I see people post about. I'm not taking it for MMT, though I did have a dependence before starting methadone, so it is helping in some of those respects even with the low dose.

While I've never experienced it personally, I've heard first hand experience from my friend's cold turkey Nucynta WD. The worst part about is that it acts on serotonin and norepinephrine so you have to endure the typical opiate WD symptoms along with the strange norepinephrine related symptoms. He told me that he underwent severe delusions and paranoia along with the acute opiate WD.

Well methadone is the worst because the WD's are not only long lasting but they are damn intense. After that morphine or heroin, I find both have the same intensity and length of time. Then levacetylmethadol (LAAM), which was horrible. After those I'd say fentanyl for sheer intensity and for such a short-acting narcotic, it does last. Demerol is next - this one was so bad in intensity that I shit myself several times and it wasn't so short lived as I thought it would be.

Hydrocodone, oxycodone, hydromorphone and oxymorphone don't have enough legs to be that bad. I've withdrawn from Dilaudid and it wasn't too bad, same with oxycodone. Oxymorphone is supposed to be quite gentle when coming off of it. Of those 4 I can honestly say hydrocodone was the worst.

Tar. Many alkaloids including the fiendish 6MAM. Plus good ol classic diamorph.

The w.d. From oxy is number 2 only because I'm chronic lower back pain and even before i got into that oxy wds crippled my back.

Morphine is 3rd because good god I have never had restless legs (the kicks) so horrible.... Until I banged dope for a few yrs

I was only on opana/oxymorph for a couple week binge after acquiring 180x 5mg IRs and banging them. But this was in the middle of a tar habit, and cuz of the short period I have to rate it 4th cuz I never really got the full thing

Never touched methadone, but from what I hear that'd probably take the cake

Last edited:
ur doing it right,, loratab was not that bad, it is same as all hydrocodne, dont get on the methadone train EVER IF U CAN HELP IT....

Tar. Many alkaloids including the fiendish 6MAM. Plus good ol classic diamorph.

The w.d. From oxy is number 2 only because I'm chronic lower back pain and even before i got into that oxy wds crippled my back.

Morphine is 3rd because good god I have never had restless legs (the kicks) so horrible.... Until I banged dope for a few yrs

I was only on opana/oxymorph for a couple week binge after acquiring 180x 5mg IRs and banging them. But this was in the middle of a tar habit, and cuz of the short period I have to rate it 4th cuz I never really got the full thing

Never touched methadone, but from what I hear that'd probably take the cake

Tar is heroin or diacetymorphine or morphine diacetate - it doesn't contain 6MAM and 6MAM is not an opium alkaloid. It is a very minor metabolite of heroin that is a morphine prodrug, just like heroin is a morphine prodrug. If heroin is #1 then that puts morphine at #1 by default since the two are the same drug. So why is oxycodone, a drug which is not even a morphine derivative and is relatively distant cousin of morphine/heroin holding the #2 spot? It doesn't make any sense.

methadone was soooo terrible to come off of cold turkey...should have done it slowly. I was very very sick for more than a month.

I have been an Opiate/Opioid Addict since 1993. I would do a 7 day Methadone "Curly Shuffle" (dose days 1 and 2,, skip a day, dose a day, skip a day, dose a day, then walk away) to get off Heroin and then walk away in fairly decent condition, 16 attempts was last count at the Clinics. I would only allow the minimum of 30milligrams of Methadone to start with to not open up a much worse Monster.

Had a bad Motorcycle wreck and started up with 90 Morphine ER 30's and ended up with 4 scripts; the morphine, 30 milligrams of Methadone/ Day and 90 Vicodin 7.5/200's and 150 Oxycodone 10/325's from 3 Legal Sources... (Luckily I didn't get caught!) I went through this diet for maybe 14 months, then got angry about the whole thing and flushed all My pills 2 days after cashing in the scripts and then went through the worst withdrawal syndrome of My LIFE!!! From Day 3 thru Day 9, My Body felt as thought it had gone through an Autopsy!!! The Bones felt like they had been 'sawed through'. I stayed awake for better than 18 days with NO SLEEP and even had to drive 130 miles round trip to a VA Med Center Emergency Room to be "Intravenously Re-hydrated", could NOT eat a thing barely drink any fluids. The horrid amounts Acetaminophen had created something quite EVIL inside of my Stomach and the PAIN from that lasted close to 60+ Days.

Last edited: