• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

the volcano tek

what colors said is also true. .. ... much more work to be done on this tek

it might work when you're starting with crystals, but i have serious doubts that dmt is going to precipitate from the purple vinegar just like that. if it did, we would see it when using the NAOH method ... but we don't because it doesn't happen! hence the naptha.

very true.

damnit, i keep getting my hopes up for a lye-less tek.

one of these days...:)

awaiting a response for some help in another forum.. ill keep you all posted through this crisis

lye+naptha still works real good though

I'm watching you IGNVS please help us do this without chemicals.

im arguing with myself if i just want to throw in some naptha to this stuff and abort the expiriment. the dmt you get from naptha extraction (after a baking soda vinegar extraction) is also rediculously clean and good. (still no lye needed that way)

I think this tek would work just fine provided the addition of a non-polar solvent. There's nothing to pull out the DMT. But that brings us right back to the problem that this tek is trying to avoid, which is our dirty old friend naphtha.

edit--^haha ignis beat me to that idea.

I want to bring together the best minds in chemistry from all around the world to create the penultimate DMT extraction tek. It will only require salt, water, and a dash of mulberry jam; and can be done in 4 minutes anywhere, resulting in giant perfect ready-to-smoke crystals.

Haha I was just looking at a list of non-polar solvents and that shit reads like the who's-who of carcinogens and household poisons.

i personally see no problem with using naphtha. Ive never seen it leave any residue.
its the lye that scares me.

so this tek may end up being fruitfull, for me atleast :)

thx ignvs

the lye need not worry you. it decouples into sodium in the body I think right? Minute amounts are not toxic (afaik).

I mean we are sloppy with our GHB conversions all the time and drink a little extra NaOH and we're all OK....salty though!

it's more buying the lye and setting off some sort of anti meth alert at the store that im afraid of rather than ingesting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that this procedure can be seen essentially as a classical acid/base diphasic alkaloid extraction. The only thing that is missing is the nonpolar solvent at the end to separate the freebase alkaloid from the aqueous phase. Unfortunately, with many alkaloids, the nonpolar phase really is integral--it just can't be omitted. The problem with crystallization of some freebase alkaloids is that the crystals can be hygroscopic, so even if the alkaloid isn't all that soluble in water, some water will adsorb, making it difficult to end up with good, firm/solid crystals (instead, you end up with more of a mush/goo that takes a long time to dry out). Hence, solubilizing a freebase alkaloid is a nice dry nonpolar solvent helps one end up with solid material, rather than paste.

I believe the only reason that hydroxide was specified in the first place was to prevent having to do a classic two-step extraction procedure. I mean, if you don't want to use a hydroxide base, you certainly don't have to: just extract first with an acid (personally, I'd use something other than acetic acid, as it smells like ass), then basify with anhydrous sodium carbonate and then add the nonpolar solvent. Additional sodium chloride can be added as well, as a phase-transfer catalyst (goal is to make the aqueous layer as polar as possible, accelerating the transfer of the freebase).

Definitely use the non-polar solvent at the end. The lye certainly isn't necessary, but basic vinegar is a bad, bad solvent to use when you want to actually get that stuff out. Especially with the addition of seawater. Definitely use the naptha or you'll likely end up smoking some salty tasting DMT.

the salt doesnt come out of solution, but the problem is that nothing is.

using naptha at the end is great, but then this would just be a regular acid base extraction with sodium carbonate. lame.

the work will go on

Last edited:
so, consensus = it doesn't quite work as listed?

either way, mad props on trying!

right, i should go back and cut out parts of the tek until i can go back and make them perfect.

there is no known reason to me or anyone ive talked to that the dmt wouldnt precipitate out! its so frustrating.

ok, so aparently whoever said dmt is not all that soluble in water was WRONG.

i just got a number from the chem savvy people saying dmt freebase is soluble 50 grams per liter in water!!!

look how one peice of wrong information can just COMPLETELY change the outcome of this!

totally gonna have to rethink this tek now, actually, with solubility like that, i dont think we can get that out of water.

naptha days are for now and long to come. and with that i would like to change the title of this thread (karma your a mod use your thread name changing powers!!) to the volcano tek, a lyeless tek that still uses shitty naptha but makes your dmt ten times as amazing as using lye.

heh, ps i just completely distroyed my reputation on that other forum you sugested lol <3 internetz

If you're only taking the pH up to 9 it will never work considering dmt has a pKa of about 9.3. You really need to get up to about 11 to effectively deprotonate the majority of it.