View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

the volcano tek

IGNVS

Bluelighter
:eek: this tek does not work to fully smokeable crystals as is, it will be updated as soon as possible, until then you can use this to get a solution that you can pull ultrapure amazing tasting dmt from with naptha (you still dont need lye for this) :eek::eek:

First off i would like to thank nuke for providing the idea behind this, its really his, i just tried it out and will work on it more for a more detailed tek in the future.

What you need (besides ground up rootbark) :

1. chems:

baking soda
vinegar
water
salt
:D

2. labware:

two plastic bottles/ jugs
a container that can hold more than the bottle/jug that you can easily access the bottom of with your hand (something you keep leftovers in is great)
t-shirt
funnle
coffee filter
mixing bowl
spoon
baking sheet
ph paper

After you gather your materials heres all you need to do:

1. get dmt into vinegar solution

put your bark in a mixing bowl and cover it with vinegar (warm vinegar would be best). stirr it around for minute or two. pour through a shirt into one of your bottles or jugs. do this three times, saving the vinegar in the same container.

throw out your used up bark, or whatever you want to do with it.

let it sit so any fine particles fall to the bottom, then pour off as much of the liquid into the other jug. with the remaining guk/ liquid pour it through a coffee filter and funnel into that jug with the rest of the vinegar in it.

2. make sodium carbonate.

get your baking sheet and evenly pour on a bunch of baking soda. preheat your oven to 485 f. bake it for about 30 mins.

take it out and dump it into another container labeled sodium carbonate

3. precipitate the dmt

pour the vinegar into your easily accessible container. slowly add sodium carbonate until the ph is around 9 (test it with your paper after you notice its done fizzing, it should be around 7, then add more to make it nine).

you should notice a mirky white stuff waving at you from the bottom when you swish the container. this is your dmt. i like to add saltwater at this point to make it more polar to make sure as much dmt as possible gets out of solution.
wait for a little while for it all to settle to the bottom.

AATTTNNNNN :eek: :eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek:

it seems that after the dmt gets out of solution it slowly goes back into solution after some unknown chemical event happens. the crystals that were forming the last time i checked it have disapeared as well as the mirky whiteness hovering above it. theres something fishy at this step

Last edited:
What kind of yield have you manged with this tek IGNVS ?

i havnt used it on rootbark yet, ive only used it to clean up some plastic ridden dmt i had. the yeild for that was great. im going to try it with bark in a few days though, ill definatly post up the results if no one beats me to it! theoretically the only losses you could have would be from freebase dmt being in the water (and considering how low the solubility freebase dmt is in water, especially with the salt added, i would say the loss is extremely low). also your not needing to do naptha pull after naptha pull, it ALL falls out. i wouldnt be suprised if this tek yeilds better than classic acid base extractions.

the crystals from the cleanup are fantastic though! this spice gives me the mellowest most colorfull trip and its not harsh AT ALL. ive said it before and ill say it again its like drinkin a psychedelic rootbeer float. lol

I'm looking forward to hearing how you do with this - the idea of not messing with naptha & hydroxide has a certain appeal as well as an economic incentive :)

I will probably give this a try soon as well. Looks fucken simple. :D

so awesome! please test and perfect this tek! i have not worked with spice in MONTHS because no matter what people say i do not think hardware store naptha is safe, an alternative tek would put the spice back in my life.

step 3 confuses me a little. how do you get the dmt to percipitate out of the vinegar?

Wow I think I need to try this! Been wanting to try DMT for a while but as said above, the naptha turned me away.

I don't see any potential danger here, even if it was done wrong (somehow lol).

delsyd, sodium carbonate will basify it, and neutralize the vinegar. freebase dmt is insoluble for the most part in water (since its nonpolar and water.. especially after you add the salt.. is extremely polar). it falls out as soon as you add the first bit of sodium carbonate after it stops fizzing, the more you add the more falls out until its all out (dont put in too much though or you will need to add more water to disolve the excess sodium carbonate and sodium acetate)

why not? which ever one has the lowest pka i would use. oh and make sure sodium citrate is water soluble!

Trisodium citrate: Solubility in water 42.5 g/100 ml (25 °C)

delsyd, sodium carbonate will basify it, and neutralize the vinegar. freebase dmt is insoluble for the most part in water (since its nonpolar and water.. especially after you add the salt.. is extremely polar). it falls out as soon as you add the first bit of sodium carbonate after it stops fizzing, the more you add the more falls out until its all out (dont put in too much though or you will need to add more water to disolve the excess sodium carbonate and sodium acetate)

i get it. So the sodium carbonate will make it perrcipitate.
Then you pour off the vinegar and let the crystals dry?

sounds easy enough. Good job on the new tek. let us know how it works out.

woah woah woah... .

all my crystals REDISOLVED in solution. im guessing this is from the hotwater bath/cooldown. as my test run didnt do this and i kept it at room temp the whole time.

this definatly shouldnt happen even with a hot water bath according to the theory of the tek.

the only problem is that the precipitate is so fine it usually goes through filter paper. (the test run was just decanted and evaporated (it took forever and alot of the precipitate it went into the solution im using now)).

also i noticed an oily layer forming on the top, its not thick or anything.. but just spots of some kind of oil floating around. i have no idea what this is (and i didnt put anything other than the chemicals i listed in there). my guess is some unknown reaction is going on.

dont get your hopes up yet. this is a new tek and still needs the kinks worked out of it.

IGNVS- I know you know but there is a forum that could prob help you out a bit more on the technical side of things specific to DMT. Did you come up with this one yourself or was it a modification of something that has already been attempted?? Sounds interesting tho! <3

it might work when you're starting with crystals, but i have serious doubts that dmt is going to precipitate from the purple vinegar just like that. if it did, we would see it when using the NAOH method ... but we don't because it doesn't happen! hence the naptha.

i've tried a similar process with pods and it does not work whatsoever. there is way too much other junk in solution for crystals to precipitate at such an unrefined stage.

so awesome! please test and perfect this tek! i have not worked with spice in MONTHS because no matter what people say i do not think hardware store naptha is safe, an alternative tek would put the spice back in my life.

What if you freeze/precip without evaping.
Is the naphtha still an issue?

edit: whoah, three of us posted at once. Gnarly, dude.

i was trying to get the jungle spice out of the plastic along with the dmt. i went to add and somone hijacked my thread (thank god, it was the best thing ever lol)

nuke game along and gave me an idea, i had had it before but wasnt too sure about it because nothing has been reported. nuke helped me refine my idea and then i turned it into a tek.

im about to go post in the unnamed forum lol :D

from the wikipedia page on sodium acetate (the stuff that gets formed from the reaction)

"As the conjugate base of a weak acid, a solution of sodium acetate and acetic acid can act as a buffer to keep a relatively constant pH. This is useful especially in biochemical applications where reactions are pH dependent."

this could mean that when more sodium carbonate is added you see the precipitate, then when it has enough time the buffer puts the ph back to a level that favors the dmt in solution. i have no idea!

also it said something about when you heat it up and cool it down how it does some crazy crystalization thing (what i probably saw).

im thinking we should change acids and bases as this sodium acetate stuff seems to be a pretty strange customer here