• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2.0

Certain enzyme inhibitors may increase the duration of the effects, but don't really add to the euphoria. At least not very much, negligible at best. Antihistamines will add to the sedation factor of the buzz, but won't add to the euphoria either.

I find marijuana to be the best addition to opiates for overall euphoria increase, other than that, don't expect miracles.

There is nothing OTC that makes opiates more euphoric, sorry. Potentiators will either help analgesia/sedation (antihistamines, anticholinergics) or make the drug last longer/be converted to active metabolites more effectively (enzyme inhibitors/inducers respectively) but they won't actually make your drugs feel any 'better'. The best general-purpose OTC potentiators are generally sedative antihistamines like diphenhydramine (Benadryl), dimenhydrinate (Gravol), promethazine (Phenergan), or doxylamine (Unisom) taken as recommended for allergies (usually 25mg diphenhydramine equivalent).

If you want to get into mixing drugs though you can try mixing either marijuana, dissociatives, or other depressants with your opioid. I reccomend only adding one drug at a time and only using drugs you are experienced with. (Don't do a cocktail of Vicodin and Soma if you've never done Soma.) But be warned that mixing depressants like Soma, benzos, barbiturates, and alcohol with opioids can cause an increased risk of unconciousness, vomiting, and death.

Another option is trying a different opiate, or simply taking more.

clonidine and hydroxyzine if you can get prescriptions for them (fairly easy to get)

i swear by them

There is nothing OTC that makes opiates more euphoric, sorry. Potentiators will either help analgesia/sedation (antihistamines, anticholinergics) or make the drug last longer/be converted to active metabolites more effectively (enzyme inhibitors/inducers respectively) but they won't actually make your drugs feel any 'better'. The best general-purpose OTC potentiators are generally sedative antihistamines like diphenhydramine (Benadryl), dimenhydrinate (Gravol), promethazine (Phenergan), or doxylamine (Unisom) taken as recommended for allergies (usually 25mg diphenhydramine equivalent).

If you want to get into mixing drugs though you can try mixing either marijuana, dissociatives, or other depressants with your opioid. I reccomend only adding one drug at a time and only using drugs you are experienced with. (Don't do a cocktail of Vicodin and Soma if you've never done Soma.) But be warned that mixing depressants like Soma, benzos, barbiturates, and alcohol with opioids can cause an increased risk of unconciousness, vomiting, and death.

Another option is trying a different opiate, or simply taking more.

Although it sounds well informed, I believe this post contains some misinformation. You can definately get an oral opiate potentiator (multiple) OTC. The most common is cimetedine which comes in either the form of Tagemet (product) or in some generic store brand form (go for that one). EDIT: Cimetedine is really the best one out there.

Also as you stated diphenhyrimine and diphenhydrinate (spelling may be a bit off) work but only take a tiny bit as they can cause some unwanted effects at higher doses.

It's not talked about too much but DXM (dextrometamorphen) or something like that can potentiate your opiods at small doses like 70-100mg. Again don't go off the chain with any of these because it will do bad things to your opiate buzz. But at certain smaller doses they definately DO work and DO increases the duration and intensity of opiates.

^^^ Actually he did mention tagament. It's just that tagament(and all P450 inhibitors) don't add to the euphoria per say, but simply enhance the drugs effects. Of course this will make them feel more euphoric, in fact, I can't really get euphoria from methadone unless higher-than-I-need doses are taken, but tagament helps add it. It's all about personal preference and metabolizm, but a lot of people confuse actual potentiators with drugs that produce synergy. As an example, a few klonopin will always make an oxy high more enjoyable, but WGFJ will actually enhcance the oxycodones effects directly, by reducing CYP3A4 metabolism(contrary to popular belief, WGFJ doesn't inhibit CYP2D6, at least not effectively) and slightly increasing potency and greatly increasing duration. Meanwhile, the clonozepam doesn't alter the oxy's effects in any way, but it has it's own effects that make the oxy *feel* better.

Oh man I appalogize I didn't see it. Yeah all his info is legit as is yours.. Theres no way a 30 feel like an 80 but if you use basic potentiation you can definately achieve an enhanced effect, just don't ruin the high by oversaturating it with other drugs.

what do they do for you?

(im scripted them for anxiety and blood pressure along with a zillion others for mental health/ bipolar.. blah blah..)

Clonidine increases the nod greatly (hell if you take enough it will have you nod without any opiates lol).. and hydroxyzine is an antihistamine that gets rid of anxiety and produces a decent amount of *synergism*(i wanna use that word cautiously because it's not the word i am looking for but i can't think of a better one ATM).
Also it potentiates it like other antihistamines and helps against the itching if you don't like it.

(im scripted them for anxiety and blood pressure along with a zillion others for mental health/ bipolar.. blah blah..)

Clonidine increases the nod greatly (hell if you take enough it will have you nod without any opiates lol).. and hydroxyzine is an antihistamine that gets rid of anxiety and produces a decent amount of *synergism*(i wanna use that word cautiously because it's not the word i am looking for but i can't think of a better one ATM).
Also it potentiates it like other antihistamines and helps against the itching if you don't like it.

It is "synergy", LOL, not "synergism". Synergism isn't a word, as far as I know. But your usage of synergy/synergism is perfect in this sense, that's exactly what antihistamines do, though some also inhibit CYP2D6 to an extent.

So, to recap:

There is nothing OTC that makes opiates more euphoric, sorry.

The point is there is no alchemy. Although, the increased duration of action is worth the effort of taking a few Tagamet, or drinking a couple glasses of grapefruit juice before you dose, IMO.

Last edited:
My preferences: Carisoprodol (Soma), Promethazine, and Hydroxyzine. Carisoprodol adds to the euphoria remarkably

I've always noticed a bit of a difference taking Tagamet with methadone and as well as St. John's Wort with subutex/suboxone.

Pure white grape fruit juice is supposed to help in the same way as Tagamet does with methadone but I have personally never noticed a difference though enough people swear by it, I'd say it's worth a try.

lyrica, benzos, marijuana, anti-histamines (first-generation) and tagamet. oh yah, and did i mention lyrica?

There are a lot of OTC drugs that will increase sedation and stuff, but if you're looking to increase the actual euphoria or mental effects of an opiate, you're probably gonna need another "drug of abuse". You're best bet would be alcohol or benzos, be careful

There are a lot of OTC drugs that will increase sedation and stuff, but if you're looking to increase the actual euphoria or mental effects of an opiate, you're probably gonna need another "drug of abuse". You're best bet would be alcohol or benzos, be careful

In the interests of harm reduction for combining moderate doses of opiates with alcohol, what is a rough estimate of the safe amount of alcochol before there starts to become a danger of CNS depression with dangerous slowed breathing & heart rate ?

Would someone need to drink enough to become very drunk before this becomes a danger ? or could just even a few beers or glasses of wine be potentially dangerous ?

To the OP, I am personally not a believer in anti-histamines + opiates, because they inhibit the release of histamine (cause of the actual warmth, itchiness). I'd recommend a small, and I mean small dose of benzos for what you're looking for. It may not add to the warmth, but it will add to the contentedness you are in search of. It will a bit more anxiety-relieving.

And a shot of patron silver...not heavy drinking just one shot....empty stomach...nice warm feeling is definitely affected

^I don't think the type of liquor matters.

Nothing is going to make much of a difference unless you take something else that causes euphoria on its own. In that case you are only mixing drugs instead of boosting one up with something harmless.