• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2.0

you guys really got to try pure nigella sativa (black seed) oil. I am able to drastically reduce my opiate dosages when I use this. Yesterday, I had to go home from work because the 2mg of sub i usually take was making me unable to stand up straight and I was borderline puking. It was THAT strong. my pupils were like a pinhole.

After reading this thread I'll try a mix that seems to work for a lot of people. I'm on 70mg of methadone and the only time I've really nodded hard was when I took about 210 or 280. I have a huge tolerance. I don't feel much after taking a dose of 200mg of oxycotin with 3 klonopins. And no they were not fake. I didn't buy them from anyone.
So I'm going to try 600-800mg of dxm, about 60mg of dyphenhydramine, and about 600mg of tagament. And maybe some tums and 3mg of klonopin. With someone with a tolerance like mine, does this seem like it'll make me nod hard?

Hey cocksucker, (lol) you know to take the tagamet ~15-20 minutes prior to dosing the oxy and clonazepam right? Also, adding white grapefruit juice to that would actually help. Cimetidine doesn't do it all by itself. I'd have to look up the specifics, but GP juice hits the CYP450 harder IIRC and cimetidine hits both GABA-A & B more efficiently. I think GP juice hits one of the those two (A or B) even harder than the other.

Well I heard to take it 30-45mins. And I'm not trying to potentiate oxys, my deal is with methadone.
Today I can only afford tagament, dyphenhydramine and GFJ. But I also have omeprazole 40mg (prilosec). It's a proton pump inhibitor.

CocksuckerNJ(LOL) elavil and methadone both prolong the qt interval, this can cause an arrhythmia called torsades de pointes, which is often fatal.

....cannabis is the BEST potentiator, at least for me. It also seems (is) a much safer combination of drugs....

I'd agree with this - there's no drug interactions on a pharmacological level. So other then potentiating by way of being "depressants" (although tbh I don't think you'd really call cannabis a depressant!), I would say it's safe.

Imo (and I'm going just on personal experience and cannabis would be my least DOC) I reckon any potentiating effects would be due to the way THC/cannabis(noids) seem to enhance what one is feeling - ya feel like ya nodding and euphoric, it'll enhance it.

Thoughts? :)

Best opiate potentiator I've ever tried would be Tramadol! (second being DXM and excluding other opiates [yeah I know is an opioid, but I'm not counting that since I've found Tramadol's analgesic efficacy to be terrible] =D ).

Most of the other suggestions are (I've found) generally rather weak CYP450 (specifically CYP2D6 being the most active enzyme) effectors (obviously generalising here. referring to the most common opiates & their metabolisers - codeine, oxycodone, morphine, etc :) )

.....adding white grapefruit juice to that would actually help. Cimetidine doesn't do it all by itself. I'd have to look up the specifics, but GP juice hits the CYP450 harder IIRC and cimetidine hits both GABA-A & B more efficiently....

Umm, not quite for either actually :)

Firstly the Grape Fruit juice, even on BL you'll get many varying opinions as to whether this works. True the theory goes that it is broken down via the CYP450 pathway - to what extent or even whether this is 100% is (afaik from papers/forums/people I've read) still very much up for debate! Secondly, CYP2D6 nor Grape Fruit Juice touches in anyway GABA.

With Cimetidine, clearly depending on how indepth you want to go, but as a drug it actually has a few MOA - predominately being an antihistamine (specifically an H2-receptor antagonist) - however since it does have other MOA/effects it is used (off-label of course lol) for other treatments.

Last edited:
CocksuckerNJ(LOL) elavil and methadone both prolong the qt interval, this can cause an arrhythmia called torsades de pointes, which is often fatal.

Ah, cheers for that THC2LSD, I did not know this so good to know! Its generally wouldn't effect most people though, right? Other then those on heart medication and/or taking drugs such as antiarrhythmic, beta/channel(K+/Na+) blockers, and the like drugs, or those which side-effects may interact?

I have a lot of different potentiators on hand which should i use? I don't want any of these if they will dull the effects of the euphoria

tagamet
k pins
alcohol
white grape juice
tramadol
muscle relaxer (not soma)
benadryl

I have a question.

A we days ago I posted a thread about how I've been using large amounts of Benadryl (200mg) for sleep and a rash that I've had. Now I've scheduled a doctors appointment for the rash part, and I'm thinking of switching to melatonin and valerian root for the sleep issues.

But what I want to know is, will stopping the diphenhydramine produce some withdrawal symptoms from the 1mg of suboxone I take every day? I've searched the web and have found conflicting reports as to whether diphenhydramine potentiates opioids, or just synergizes with them. If it potentiates, than I imagine that it's raised my tolerance to suboxone, and stopping the diphenhydramine will produce mild withdrawal, as I get use to taking my dosage of suboxone without the Benadryl at night.

I'm also assuming that potentiating opioids in effect raises tolerance, but I could be wrong about that, because I've read that certain potentiators like DXM might help curb tolerance, and st.johns wort actually revs up the metabolism of buprenorphine

I find 3-4 350mg Soma's to do wonders potentiating Hydrocodone. I'll take 10mg Hydrocodone (I get 180 a month for back surgery) and 3 or more somas and i'm gone.

Why would you do a CWE on 2 pills lmao. You are going to end up with almost no hydrocodone left. I agree CWE's are good but that is if you have a minimum of 10 pills or so.

Hello out there. I experimented the last few days with a recipe I found online to boost my methadone. I take 10mgx4 a day for chronic pain. The recipe was;
600mg of Tagament 45 min before dose with a 100% White Grapefruit juice and Tonic water cocktail.
35mg of DXM, 25mg of Benadryl, and 1 Alleve 35 minutes before dose
2 Extra stength Tums 20 minutes before dose
Then I took 20mg of my Methadone at once. Well, I didn't feel a darn thing. I followed it to a T. Maybe it wasnt enough Methadone but I only have so much cause I get stamped scripts from my pain Dr. I was dissapointed for sure. I heard so much about all of these things and this recipe seemed reasonable and safe. I ssay screw it. Their is really not much you can do with Methadone. I guess its just not engineered like that. I don't know. To me, its not worth mixing all this crap for a maybe slight increase in euphoria. I hope this helps someone out whos on Methadone. I know this is a harm reduction site and we are all curious and want to learn more about whatever interests us. It probably works for some people. Guess everyone is different. I weigh 270 lbs and have blood clots in my abdomen, groins, and thighs. It sucks and it hurts! 40mg just aint enough for the pain but my Dr has raised it from 10mg a day really quick up to 40mg so I really cant complain. Ill just do the best I can with what I got. I take Gabapentin 900mg a day. Doesnt do much of anything. Im also prescribed Hydroxyzine 50mg. It usually makes me sleepy. Im gonna try taking 100mg tomorrow night with my done and see what heppens. I hope this helped a little. If anyone has any cool ideas on methadone, let me know asap. Ya'll take care.

Last edited:
So, what is a potentiating medication? Does it actually potentiate the action of the opioid, or when mixed with an opioid, these drugs will make opioids perform better? In other words, it is because they are mixed, with different effects on your CNS, not because a potentiating medication has some pharmacological role in increasing the effects of opioids?

Well, in terms of how BL users use the word "potentiating" I've found they use it in 2 lose meanings;

1. Potentiation on a pharmacological level. That is, the MOA of one drug is the same/similar to that of another and basically the end resulting effects are compounded. Eg, opiate + other depressants / marijuana.

2. Potentiation on again, a chemical level. However this time, more losing coupled. That is, one drug (although not exhibiting the same effects), for some reason or another they still interact. Eg, opiates + white grapefruit juice.

I mentioned "lose meaning" since the strict definition isn't use here (for obvious reasons). So "potentiation" also includes increase in duration for example.

The above is very general. If the answer doesn't suffice I can go into more details if needed. Also check out Captin.H's awesome thread for a break in drug classes.

Hope that sort of answers your question?

Edit: tbh I was going to write another definition which people use as "potentiation" but I've drawn a blank! If I remember I'll add it in.

Last edited:
Hi tyrael, That is what I gathered actually. I can understand that Phenergan will "potentiate" opioids because of the hypnotic properties of Phenergan. Likewise, I can see that Soma would potentiate opioids/benzos for the same reason as well as a muscle relaxant compounded effect.

I guess I agree with the definition, it just isn't what I first thought of. I thought that potentiating meant you were using other compounds to increase the effect of the opioid itself, on its own merits, not because of a drug interaction. Does that make sense?

Yep for sure! There's a class of drugs which do exactly that via something called "allosteric regulation". Basically, it's an "effector molecule" which binds to the active site and either increases ("positive modulation") or decreases ("negative modulation") the efficiency (via multiple, different ways) of the ligand.

Diazepam is an agonist at the benzodiazepine regulatory site, and its antidote flumazenil is an antagonist.
Source : Wikipedia

Check out Benzodiazepine's MOA. ;)