• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The UK benefits system

I used to d voluntary work with btcv. Best job i never had . Anywat i checked their website to see if they had any nice paid jobs in the locality. I see theyve rebranded themselves as tcv and are doing a line in proper slave labour. Ie 4 week placements for long term jsa ers and a 35 hour a week job for 15 k administrating the slave labour. It all seems like part of the grand plan.
When i was doing the vol work we went to trim a cash crop of oak trees belonging to lord something or other so the rich get their jobs done for not too much money.

Pay your staff minimum wage and you can pay your self roughly 150k, bump their salary up to 21k and you can pay your self roughly 250k... doesn't seem that unfair to me?

Pay your staff minimum wage and you can pay your self roughly 150k, bump their salary up to 21k and you can pay your self roughly 250k... doesn't seem that unfair to me?

Except that's going to be nowhere near enough to attract a top level CEO.

Meh every system/theory has its holes. I just thought it was an interesting theory, bring the bottom closer to the top. A lot of people focus too much on trying to drag the top down to the bottom to close the gap between rich and poor.

And at no point consider the profit of the company nor the shareholders?

^ i suppose you could consider it, but only after ensuring the people who make the wealth (and are the majority of humanity) get a fair share of the value of what they do (and not have to wait for it to trickle down).

Saying the money has to come from somewhere forgets the idea that money is nothing but a reflection of the value of work that somebody's done, irrespective of what fraction the worker gets of the value. Likewsie the value of the capital is exactly the difference between what previous labour's worth and what the employer got away with paying (financial services trickery notwithstanding, but noone believes that voodoo money is really value anymore do they? (money created as debt etc))

Last edited:
You know, there's a few/lot of people in this thread who would willingly sacrifice the chavs on the altar of capitalism. And if they're allowed that luxury then I'm allowed

KILL THE RICH

The problem with the minimum wage is that it has now become the maximum wage that employers around here and elsewhere will pay. In the factory where i used to work i was on about £12ph before being made redundant but now they have over time replaced us with folk doing the same job but only receiving the minimum wage per hour

^

True story, well pointed out. The minimum wage has become "the maximum wage to pay" rather than a minimum wage.

this thread certainly shows peoples true feelings on the matter (or ur just a cunt) :D

Who voted today then? just thought i would open another can of worms if not been opened already =D

The problem with the minimum wage is that it has now become the maximum wage that employers around here and elsewhere will pay. In the factory where i used to work i was on about £12ph before being made redundant but now they have over time replaced us with folk doing the same job but only receiving the minimum wage per hour

You would think they would have figured that out before introducing the minimum wage wouldn't you... in theory it's a good idea (stops people being paid £2 per hour) but in reality it is just used as a certified amount the government says is 'enough'

Who voted today then? just thought i would open another can of worms if not been opened already =D

I didn't.

The only party I'd even heard anything from about Europe was fucking UKIP. Flyer through the door, billboards all over the shop, Farage's stupid mug on every UK news site I've seen. And what do they plan to do if elected to the EU? Fuck all, they won't even go to work. No idea what any other parties' plans are so I patched it.

I was going to create a who did you vote for thread. I've voted for the greens.

I didn't.

The only party I'd even heard anything from about Europe was fucking UKIP. Flyer through the door, billboards all over the shop, Farage's stupid mug on every UK news site I've seen. And what do they plan to do if elected to the EU? Fuck all, they won't even go to work. No idea what any other parties' plans are so I patched it.

Same, i feel alot of us wont vote though thinking oh ukip wont get in and fuck i know its a minority but we see it more and more in the mainstream every day, on social networking sites ect, people supporting ukip :/ (mainly ignorant people but w.e) i mean if we dont vote and they do one day we gonna be the minority, not that i would vote for anyone, but i havn't looked at each parties referendums but know most are total and utter shite ...

anyways, this should be for another thread, ponch, u voted for greens get on one up :)

this thread certainly shows peoples true feelings on the matter (or ur just a cunt) :D

UKIP, of course.

What other British party produces merchandise that's actually worth buying?

teatowel.png

f906703860d1a552e951fbbb9f4c0110.jpg

Farage-portsmouth1.jpg

^ukip won, according to the media (even though their share of the vote was down 6%, they got no councils, while labour's share was up)

Anyway, here's a classic amusing take on how work should work: Bob Black - The Abolition of Work - http://www.primitivism.com/abolition.htm

"Workers of the world... *relax*!"

Last edited: