• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The UK benefits system

I know some people who have qualified for DLA on the grounds of "mental illness". It seems that in some cases the bigger of a total fuck-up of a human being you are then the better treatment you will get from the state. If you can bullshit your case to the doc enough and carry the burden of guilt that necessarily comes with feigning a disability, even on days when you're feeling perfectly fine then I suppose you've earned it. In my town I often see young, fit looking, able bodied men walking around with walking sticks and an affected limp, earning their DLA. The mental illness they refer to generally includes alcohol dependence and/or stimulant abuse and a lack of good old self control. Call me cynical.

Last edited:
Not if you qualify for DLA (disability and living allowance) which is £650 a month which i get for my "autism" and i still live with my parents and thats on top of my employment and support allowence (£254 every fortnight) it makes me feel quite important i must say knowing that most of the peasents' have to scrape by on jobseekers truth be told i dont know what i would do if i have to rely on jobseekers:p

Bless you (But are you happy?)

I dont know about you guys but for example someone who spends their benefits money on websites that noone uses and spends their money on booze and rc stims which should really be going to their child should have their benefits cut off...no names mentioned lol

I dont know about you guys but for example someone who spends their benefits money on websites that noone uses and spends their money on booze and rc stims which should really be going to their child should have their benefits cut off...no names mentioned lol

But to be fair mate, I wouldn't have the first clue how to set up a website, so whomever you're referring to has some valuable skills there...

In Ireland, we get fuck all, I get 207 a week, & my rent is 150, I get 49 rent allowance so so I barely live off of 90 a week, trying to raise 2 little boys under the age of 10, some weeks are so tight that I cannot afford to have my boys so I have to ask their dad to take them coz I simply cannot afford them. Things have gotten so bad that I've been prescribed Ensure food supplement drinks because I lost 4 stone in 8 months due to sheer starvation. I literally have no food for myself so these drinks keep me from suffering from mal-nutrition. I'm on disability for fibromyalgia & I'm facing homelessness next April.
I cannot sleep at night due to crippling anxiety & stress. :(

so sorry to hear about that Rachel. in Ireland do you get ESA or PIP?
without my personal independence payment i would find life on benefits somewhat challenging, but unless you really injure yourself like me (brain daamage) you might not qualify, and i'd much rather have not gone thru with learning to walk again and shit and not receive PIP

hey ho