The Traveling Bluelight Gnome (See page 33 for the places David is going to)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tranceaddiKt said:
Screw you Bro Bro! I knew you were screwed up when you gave him to me but damn. That makes me sad.

He's actually sitting on top of my work computer staring at me, waiting for me to take him to the next BL meetup to pass along.

P.S. He IS blue, he's only missing one hand, and his nose and mouth look a little faded, but whatever. You told me to take care of him and I have. :p
Ahhh, dammit! Now I remember!! I gave him to you at Helix, the first time around, right? It's not that I was fucked up at the time, it's that my memory is teh suck. :\ I'm sorry. :( But I knew I gave it to someone important!!! :)

AxL BLaZe said:
I hate to be exclusive or elitist, but I think that this project should be restricted to some of the older or at least more established Bluelighters. not that you can't trust the n00bs, but you just don't know enough about them and chances are they might forget about it or something.

Right, and people who've spent years of their lives posting on a drug forum are soooo reliable? ;)

Chances of someone K-holing and losing the gnome ---> 100%

Ooh! Count me it:)

I'm good at sending and receiving packages.

And I'm kinda oldschool.

And I have many leather-bound books.

And my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

147_2.jpg

I want to have someone send me a gnome, I could take pictures of it at Diamond Head and at the beach, or I might use it as an excuse to do some of the tourist crap that I wouldn't do otherwise :D

I hear everyone talking about misplacing or losing the gnome. If that happens it happens. I wasn't going to spend a shitload of money on a gnome. I was going to get a small gnome this way its inexpensive as well as inexpensive to ship...

And if eveyone keeps tabs in the thread where the gnome is at one point and then a BL'er looses it or doesnt send it we can all know who it is and then assrape him in the thread. Kindof like singling the guy who goes to the bathroom at a "Penny till You Pee" night at a bar.

I have a few replies already so if you still think this is a good idea send me some more addresses and I will get a list together and then get the gnome traveling along :)

If people are scared to give there addresses up I can understand but its not like we are sending drugs through the mail it's a simple lawn ornament.

I have participated in other exchanges in the past Candy exchange etc etc and nothing happened to the participants that I am aware of then when giving out personal information(it was kept off the board of course).

I mean some addresses will be in the letter of course but after one is picked that address would be removed(as well as the previous ones) to minimize the amount of personal information. I could print up mailing labels to make the job even easier.
I feel I have nothing to hide since none of this is illegal but to each his own...

If you are too paranoid then don't participate. it's that simple.

I just thought it would be a fun idea to see how many different places he would actually wind up :)

^
Well, collin and carlos know where I live, so I doubt I'd have an opportunity to live for very long if I misplaced it:)

I lost my genome somewhere in Africa.

It showed up briefly in a bowl of ramen in Yokohama, and was reportedly chroming under the bridge by some polluted creek wearing stone wash jeans
Get it...? Chroming genes???
:)

I actually have so much to do today:(

ooooooooooomg.
i would looooove to spend some time with a quality gnomelighter!!!! we could have limitless fun together.. i'm in like gin! or whatever.

I'd be dopwn as long as I dopnt have to mail him to australia or europe

To protect everyone's privacy, perhaps Squeeks (or his designated assistant) could keep the addresses. Someone receives the gnomelighter (I like that), they post their pic, and Squeeks/Assistant will PM that person with the next recipient's postal information - the only addy any of us is given is who to send it to next? Perhaps you'd have the addy of who sent it to you, as well. BUT, this would greatly limit the exposure for those more paranoid than others.

Just PM in advance and send it care of the local post office.

Example: to Myself, care of nottingham post office, postal/zip code. and then it could be picked up and taken to a party!

No need for a bloody mailing list. That would be fucking scarey:X:X:X:X::)

I know a bl'er who can contribute more to this thread . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.