The Traveling Bluelight Gnome (See page 33 for the places David is going to)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaks

Bluelighter
Well we have had some various exchange programs in the past with varying results.

Was wondering if anyone would be interested in a traveling gnome program.

I would be happy to purchase a small gnome then mail it to a Bluelighter on a list of people who wish to participate along with the rest of the list so that BL'er can then send the gnome on his way to the next household perhaps with a letter or pictures of you with the gnome etc etc. Any crazy stories could also go with the gnome and or be posted in the thread.

Some people love em. Some people hate em. I did this with a group of friends a few years back when I lived in Philly and it was fun to see all the places he had been too.

I would get a smaller type gnome so shipping charges would be minimal.

If you are very serious about being a part of this then shoot me a PM with your name, BL screen name, and address(keeping them out of this thread of course) or send an email to [email protected]. If enough people want to participate then I will go ahead and make a list and then send him out....

It will only work if people truly want to participate. Sending it out to a bluelighter who just lets it collect dust would ruin the chain.

Let's see how many places he finally ends up..

For those BL'ers who are wary about supplying personal contact information I have no problem if you would like to ask me more questions.....

Edit: Davids New website is online now @ http://gnomelighter.com
Also for those who have him and need to upload his pics/journal to me please send all those submissions to [email protected] and then pvt me when you do this way we can keep all images/text in a place where me and silly alien can upload to his site with ease Thanx You!

Last edited:
I may still be a noob, but I'm definitely interested in this idea and would love to participate.

I love shit like this! I'll need to wait til I'm settled somwhere though... Unless the gnome's arival can be times to reach me at the backpackers hostel... That would be sweet!

Hey, speaking of... Who did I give the little lego guy on a keychain to? The one with a hand (maybe two) missing? I think he was blue. Someone, anyone? I completely forgot about that dude!

RorerQuaalude714 said:
I may still be a noob, but I'm definitely interested in this idea and would love to participate.

No! The noob is going to steal our gnome!

Don't let him!

BreakzHabit said:
Hey, speaking of... Who did I give the little lego guy on a keychain to? The one with a hand (maybe two) missing? I think he was blue. Someone, anyone? I completely forgot about that dude!

Screw you Bro Bro! I knew you were screwed up when you gave him to me but damn. That makes me sad.

He's actually sitting on top of my work computer staring at me, waiting for me to take him to the next BL meetup to pass along.

P.S. He IS blue, he's only missing one hand, and his nose and mouth look a little faded, but whatever. You told me to take care of him and I have. :p

Sim0n said:
No! The noob is going to steal our gnome!

Don't let him!

Bah! I'm no gnome snatcher. Seriously, I think this would be a great way for newer BL'ers to get to know the community.

lolz fuckin gnomes are wicked. i always wanted one to take with me on those nights where i wake up in the morning wondering why the ground feels so cold and there are used condoms in my pocket... im a noob too, hope nobody feels i'd steal the gnome. i'd like to be in on it if there are any other toronto/ontario members that would forward it

Gnome needs to see me. I've got wonderous things to show him.

I guess, the point is to have an ongoing thread of photos of him at his various stops (and of course, he'll make some meetups, for sure). Just pick a good one, maybe paint a bluelightbulb atop his hat?

excellent idea officer. i'll gladly give you my address. i just recently moved so all the bodies are under my last place.

seriously, i'm in like shitugly fashions

you know somebody is going to stick the gnome up their ass and then mail him out to an oblivious and innocent unsuspecting party :) I hate to be exclusive or elitist, but I think that this project should be restricted to some of the older or at least more established Bluelighters. not that you can't trust the n00bs, but you just don't know enough about them and chances are they might forget about it or something. it would suck really bad to get the little gnome all rocked and rolled out just to have somebody neglect him and break the chain.

^
1. that would really, really hurt
2. you were a n00b once too, don't leave us out!

I don't mean to offend or sound like an elitist prick... it's just that we don't know you.

Status
Not open for further replies.