The traktor logo totally looks like... (aka the EMD social thread)

So i'm fucking hyped for spring break. Ultra's lineup has shaped up nicely.... the world of drum n bass party the night before Ultra looks spectacular. I have never seen Pendulum or Nosia.... The first day of ultra is average, but there is an afterparty about a mile from my hotel that is going to be wild. The second day of ultra will be epic with 90% of the the DJs I listen to regularly playing in just 12 hours.... First time seeing a lot of them too..... I have no idea who will be playing @ the ultra carry on, but if its not impressive a great hotel party will be had instead.

And btw toa$t... the rooms at the continental bayside jumped from 129 to like 235 for friday and saturday, and now they are booked solid. Thankfully I only payed 112.00 plus taxes... I already feel like that is crazy high for a 1 star hotel lol.

Not to be a Debby Downer here, but Pendulum is quite underwhelming live. (That is, if they're doing a 'Live' set rather than a 'DJ' set).

You better do yourself a favor and see Green Velvet, his live sets are insane.

I must say, im quite envious that you are going to Ultra, CS :(

Oh well, I get Coachella, EDC, and Symbiosis when festival season begins ;)

You better do yourself a favor and see Green Velvet, his live sets are insane.

I saw Green Velvet once in 2001 and once in 2002. Both times in Chicago.... that was when LA LA LAND... aka "something bout those little pills" was getting played every weekend... to the point of insanity.... One warehouse party on the southside of chicago had that track playing simultaneously in all 3 rooms the month it came out. Good shows he put on, but nothing mind blowing. I will give GV a shot though @ Ultra, if its good i'll stay the whole set.

Never seen Green Velvet live though...as long as its not like a deadmau5 "live" set.. haha... I mean I enjoy some of his music, but when he calls himself a live act and is placed on the schedule at festies as "live" it pisses me off.... I noticed on the ultra flier it doesn't say live next to his name, i'm sure he was dissapointed to be on the same level as though bastard DJs! ;)

Oh and as far as Pendulum.. yeah ive heard that before thizz.... personally I liked the DJ sets Pendulum was doing in 02' and 03' the best out of anything.... I still listen to those old mixes on the way to school.

Ultra's lineup looks really nice. It's a long way for me to travel for a show though. I'll be excited to hear from those who go.

On another note, I need someone to help me learn to appreciate Flying Lotus. I feel like I'm supposed to like his stuff but it seems soooo laid back most of the time. All of the tracks are nice downtempo beats but nothign mind-blowing and little of it makes me wanna bob my head. If anything, it makes me want to fall asleep. Am I doing something wrong?

Not to be a Debby Downer here, but Pendulum is quite underwhelming live. (That is, if they're doing a 'Live' set rather than a 'DJ' set).

are you crazy?! pendulum live at ultra last year was one of the best shows I have ever seen. I have honestly never heard anyone say that they are underwhelming live. the place was off the fucking hook. seeing green velvet over pendulum would be crazy.

an example of one of pendulum's underwhelming live sets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYbPbXBxcnc

Last edited:
Then they must be very hit or miss as they were VERY underwhelming at Coachella 2008.

On a totally unrelated note, I absolutely hate when songs are played on a mix but are unreleased with no sign of them releasing any time soon.

Example:

Benga's "Man on a Mission" has been played in many dubstep mixes that ive heard. Its been released on a Skream mixed CD, but has not be released individually. I havent seen anything regarding whether it'll be coming out any time soon or not either. Makes me sad, man.

:(

try messaging the artist on myspace. if the track's never coming out, he will have no reason not to hook you up.

that said, some tracks just take FOREVER to get released. I remember the first time I heard General Electrik - On the Run was in 2005. it wasn't actually released until 2008

I doubt his myspace is run by him, and I further doubt that ill get any sort of response (not to mention the fact that id have to sign up for that godawful place to even message him. *shudder*)

idk, you'd be surprised. i've gotten personal replies from all kinds of mid-level artists on myspace. unless they are like carl cox-huge, they are probably at least tuned in to what's going on there.

that said, I also despise that website. it's just so necessary as a marketing tool.

I have to agree ^^ My buddy produces dnb and he has contacted many midlevel DJs and producers regarding his music production and more than half responded with a simple "no, not looking for that style right now" or "you are on the right track contact me again later on with some new material" .... dylan, bassnectar, gein, & donny are some examples...

Hit track right there

I wonder what a fart would sound like through an autotuner...:?

Has anybody here been to a Creamfeild's Music Festival before? If so how is it? I just found out Creamfeild's is coming to Australia this May ;)

Has anybody here been to a Creamfeild's Music Festival before? If so how is it? I just found out Creamfeild's is coming to Australia this May ;)

I went to Creamfields in Liverpool (UK) in 2000, 2001, and 2002. It always used to be the best out of all the festivals, both in terms of music and organisation. But then they got greedy, and started having rock bands play there as well as DJs, and they also made it a 2-day camping festival (imo the 1-day format was absolutely perfect, where the festival would start at around 2pm, and go right through til 6am).

What's the pill-situation like in Australia these days? - I was there from early-06 til early-09 and it was terrible. The lack of MDMA ruined most of the festivals I went to (check out my youtube clip from Summadayze 09 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va67uaR541k - that's Carl Craig playing, yet people are hardly dancing - that's what I found most Aussie clubs and festivals to be like - the lack of MDMA means that all people do is stand on the spot and gently rotate their shoulders - it's a fucking joke!!!)

[/RANT]

^ Yea man the pill scene still suck's ball's, but there's rumor's of some decent pill's popping up hear and there but who no's :(

As for the festival's/clubs you don't need MDMA to have a good time, there's still plenty of other option's available but yeah having no MDMA does affect the atmosphere surrounding clubs and festivals..

So yea couldn't agree with you more.

are you crazy?! pendulum live at ultra last year was one of the best shows I have ever seen. I have honestly never heard anyone say that they are underwhelming live. the place was off the fucking hook. seeing green velvet over pendulum would be crazy.

an example of one of pendulum's underwhelming live sets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYbPbXBxcnc

Well, it still looks more like a rock concert or something. Not that bad in itself, but come on. EDM as musical movement has always been about focusing on the music and the sound first and only then on the artist. And there doesn't seem to be a lot of space to dance as well. But I agree, I am kind of biased against Pendulum. :/

This reminds, I haven't been to good EDM show in almost a year now. The only thing I've been to is local college EDM nights and those kind of suck. It really annoying when people stare at you when you getting a light show. Damn rednecks!