The traktor logo totally looks like... (aka the EMD social thread)

The entire event got shut down after like 4 acts. I guess you can say its a good thing in relation to me though as I was in Chicago at Lollapalooza so I wasnt the only one who missed out on an Underworld experience :p (plus I saw like half of the line up at Lolla so it was alllll good)

Looks like Sin City is gonna be at the Olympic conference center. Have you ever been there Thizz?

Speaking of traktor.. mine totally went crazy on me, I couldnt cue in my headphones, and my right deck stopped working completely... to top it off half the time my computer didn't recognize my midi controller! Well I got it all working properly again and got the newest version with some new FX to play with, expect some sets from me soon. I just need to hunt down a few more bangers.

Speaking of whether or not to go to shows, I'm trying to decide if it will be worth it to see Simon Posford do a DJ set. The pros are an intimate setting with a world-class producer. The cons are that it is not a Shpongle performance and I don't particularly care for their music by itself. I am more attracted to the imagery, performance, and theatrics that come with a real Shpongle show so don't know if the DJ set will leave me feeling satisfied. What do you all think?

Even Shpongle DJ-sets can be out of this world. It kind of depends on the particular show. I've seen a Shpongle DJ set in Moscow and it was alright. Then I saw a Posford do a Shpongle DJ set at the Abbey Pub in Chicago and that show blew my mind. He just played this wild dance mix where he would 'mix and match' all the Shpongle songs to pick the most danceable parts. It was awesome. The show in Moscow was a lot more mainstream though, while the Chicago one was more underground and it was obvious there where no "randoms" there. All crazy psypeople.

So if you're going to see him at a relatively small venue somewhere the US, I'd probably go for it. Hell, I'd go for it anyway, but I am stuck in a shitty part of the US where there is no electronic music scene and I don't have car to travel to Chicago and stuff. :/

Just smoked a joint (a rarity for me these days!) and am listening to my 'Radio Slave - fabric 48' CD. Man it's soooooooooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - real thumping, groove-based house music :)

you could always spend the $200...

Yeah I just got a laptop with windows 7 and plan on starting to play gigs so I will be purchasing a copy.... I haven't installed any bootlegged software on it because I don't want anything getting fucked up when I buy the full version. Once my financial aid gets here, I pay my dad back the 1300 I owe him and pay 500 for driving classes due to my wreckless driving.... Then i'll pick it up :D I have no problem paying for the software its just.. I can't afford it currently. I think traktor is the best dj software available and works great with my basic midi controller...I consider my bootlegged versions my test run, and now that i've decided I will stick with it until I die.... I feel like I owe NI the money.

Oh wow...that was a big fail haha

I was thinking Electronic Dance Music and not Electronic Music Discussion lol

Well I mean technically its the EDM forum lol

'Electronic music' and 'Electronic dance music' aren't necessarily the same thing. If this forum was restricted to just 'EDM', then we'd be missing out on a lot of quality (non-danceable) music :)