The traktor logo totally looks like... (aka the EMD social thread)

SO. GOOD. LIVE. COD DAMN.

I got my friend hooked on DnB after taking him to that show. Ugh yes.

^^ that stuff is so funny because the guy is just weaksauce all around. I don't think he realizes that he's becomes his own Dad. Not quite there, not quite totally conservative. He's like the guy from the office you're dragging to the club who's sort of heard of these genres but has no real clue.

I sort of hate these shows but like them at the same time. It remind me of monthlies really, where the crowd is kinda lukewarm. But then again I live in a city where they've shut down the afterhours scene. At least its something. :D

^ i think he totally understands his own commentary.

alasdair

As far as a DJ being a spectacle there's not much to see. Some DJs go into that thing, girls dressing half naked, weird costumes. Its a show - entertainment.

Shows like this already exist: Technics DMC World Champion bar shows. Go to a product demo at NAMM. Or any product demo really.

It doesn't really translate well into TV - a DJ is simply a part of a bigger experience. Its not like a band on David Letterman or something where they play a song or two and that's it - you won the contest or whatever.
Its like America's Got Talent the DJ version and some pale white dork who's 18 figured out how to make a dubstep track and presses play on the CDJ. Wow dude's got talent! I can just see some clone of Skrillex who is younger rocking out behind the decks!

Something tells me someone in marketing got confused in the "what's hot now" round table discussion. And somewhere along the line they've gotten cult of celebrity confused with being a DJ.

I think at its roots its more about getting people to show up to listen to your shit and party than about anything else. I just have a big problem with people trying to sanitize the culture. The grime and the dirty is what makes it legit.

One of the most retarded things I've seen

Lulz...

I like hardcore shit, but this is just ridiculous. They look like they're having seizures while being attacked by hornets. =D

I'd rather listen to that any day. =D

speedcore is like a fine wine or gourmet cheese its a delicate acquired taste

speedcore > all other electronic genre

the MC-303! :D

I was so close to buying that as my first piece of machinery.
Great for stuff like hip hop and what not. MIA used it to create her first album.

STH: Ebay man! I got mine off there. You just gotta know how to beat the system.

mc303 was my first piece of gear and i still love it to this day. hadso much fun with that thing

COME SEE ME DJ AT 50 MASON SOCIAL HOUSE IN DOWNTOWN SAN FRANCISCO NOVEMBER 14
NO COVER
21+

ALL TLC THROWBACK SET

tu tu tu

1391889_10100268220675826_1922353813_n.jpg

Last edited:
what's up levictus ? like time no see... i see you moved to toronto ? last i recall you mentioned about translating some russian music blog for me while living in... Ukraine, was it ?

*argh yea, can't quote or edit posts atm due to server change hiccups i assume...

at least you can post!

:D

I miss Joe' selections across this sub-forum

where my active footsoldier at?

<3