Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squeaky: I agree with PO squeaky, I'm happy you have been able to cut the dosage down. How are you doing otherwise, it's been a while since we chatted and I hope you're doing well my friend.

Hugs,Ash.

Painful One: Thanks honey, I am doing better than I was before, so that's a step in the right direction, I hope your pain subsides soon, you are such a sweetheart and I really wish the best for you. Remember, this is YOUR life. Stay strong like I know you are.

Shroomy: How are you doing today my friend?

UJ, haven't heard from you in a few days and I really enjoy talking with you, you good?
Here for you, feel free to pm me anytime.

your friend,
Ash.

DJ, would love to hear an update from you, hope you're doing well my friend.

To everyone, I know that it sucks to have these obstacles that we're struggling with, but I'm here for you guys if you ever need an ear.

Big hugs,
love and support,
your friend,
Ash.

Hey Ash - thanks for inquiring. I went "off taper" a tad on Friday and Saturday. But, the good news is, I went back to 13.75mgs yesterday, and I'm back on that today as well. Probably going to go to 12.5 later this week. Oddly enough, before I just checked your post, I was asking myself, "What am I going to do once I don't have my nice buzz in the evenings?" Now mind you, right now I've simply taken my normal evening taper: 10mgs with a rum and coke. But, having that and listening to some music is SOOOOOO gosh-damned nice. My troubles/stress simply seem to vanish - I know everyone here can relate. Quite frankly, it fills the void. Part of me is scared (especially now that my taper is becoming lower) that I won't be able to "fill that void". I know that's just fear ... there's so much life has to offer. I can continue to write short stories, play the guitar, go surfing, workout, hang out with my son, take a cooking class. But ... it's so nice to have this "warm, fuzzy blanket-of-a-feeling" while just sitting down relaxing. A big part of me thinks I need to reconnect with my 12-Step meetings, but I'm not really sure that's the direction I want to take it. Although there's some positive aspects, I personally had a few issues with the group dynamics in those meetings. Oh well, just thought I'd check in - and again, thanks for asking for an update - it's appreciated. I hope you're well, my friend.

Hey UJ,

Just logged on to say I was thinking of you and thought I'd check and see how you were.

Glad you're back on your taper, good for you, I'm proud of you.

RE: filling the void. You will. you will find other things to occupy your time with.

You are a kind, smart guy with so much going for you, I hope you remember to be kind and patient with yourself..

You're going to kick this taper in the ass, then, never look back. Just a blip on your radar my friend.

Here for you always,
your friend,
Ash.

Hey Ash - thanks for inquiring. I went "off taper" a tad on Friday and Saturday. But, the good news is, I went back to 13.75mgs yesterday, and I'm back on that today as well. Probably going to go to 12.5 later this week. Oddly enough, before I just checked your post, I was asking myself, "What am I going to do once I don't have my nice buzz in the evenings?" Now mind you, right now I've simply taken my normal evening taper: 10mgs with a rum and coke. But, having that and listening to some music is SOOOOOO gosh-damned nice. My troubles/stress simply seem to vanish - I know everyone here can relate. Quite frankly, it fills the void. Part of me is scared (especially now that my taper is becoming lower) that I won't be able to "fill that void". I know that's just fear ... there's so much life has to offer. I can continue to write short stories, play the guitar, go surfing, workout, hang out with my son, take a cooking class. But ... it's so nice to have this "warm, fuzzy blanket-of-a-feeling" while just sitting down relaxing. A big part of me thinks I need to reconnect with my 12-Step meetings, but I'm not really sure that's the direction I want to take it. Although there's some positive aspects, I personally had a few issues with the group dynamics in those meetings. Oh well, just thought I'd check in - and again, thanks for asking for an update - it's appreciated. I hope you're well, my friend.

Thank you sweetie. It makes me sad too. Nobody deserves this.

However, I have to concentrate on what I still do have. I'm very lucky that I don't have to go to dialysis everyday like some poor souls or have a liver transplant or am paralyzed. I'm very lucky I can walk and I am not maimed and I am still a beautiful woman who can appear as normal. I'm very grateful that things are not worse. You always have to take inventory or what you do have and don't concentrate on what you did have.

I had a Near death experience also so I know who I am and I know there is a larger power than myself that I can always count on for help and support. I know that power is also inside of me and I use it. We are creators and created!

It may be possible to heal thyself! I keep trying.

I sure hope that you are able to get the help that is best for you.
I encourage you to keep trying. Make your voice be heard!

Love you guys.
Hope everyone is doing alright.

❤️
There she goes again! Glass half full cheering everyone up, lucky to have u hear, ur a very wise woman. Had to take a short hiatus to focus on studying for my trade, which is going awesome btw.

Also, 2 weeks completely sober (unless you count weed). I've discovered cookies made from dab reclaim are actually excellent for pain even though I had written off cannabis as having no real medical uses. I can see now I'm (somewhat) wrong.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Hey UJ,

Just logged on to say I was thinking of you and thought I'd check and see how you were.

Glad you're back on your taper, good for you, I'm proud of you.

RE: filling the void. You will. you will find other things to occupy your time with.

You are a kind, smart guy with so much going for you, I hope you remember to be kind and patient with yourself..

You're going to kick this taper in the ass, then, never look back. Just a blip on your radar my friend.

Here for you always,
your friend,
Ash.

Thanks, my friend - those words are quite appreciated. I went on schedule for three days, went off yesterday ... but the big news is that, for the first time, I went down to 12.5mgs today. More importantly, I'm starting to "chip away" at my evening dosage, which is my larger dose of my two daily dosages. So ... I'm feeling pretty good about that. At the same time, I want to be prudent not to rush things ... I want my body and mind to adapt. Thanks again - for the kindness and support!

Ever since the break up i've started a more aggressive taper off kratom. I managed to work down another 50 grams in the first 2 weeks since then. If i can keep this up i'll be off by mid December.

Im down to about 50-60 mg lope per day now. My body aches perpetually.

Im looking forward to getting my oxy in a week. Im going to try and do what PainfulOne said, stick to my dosage this round and not run out. I may try to supplement with Loperamide if the wds get too unbearable, but that will be a last desperate act. I have faith, but Im not stupid. I know I can easily find myself in this same spot next month if Im not hyper-vigilant.

Im down to about 50-60 mg lope per day now. My body aches perpetually.

Im looking forward to getting my oxy in a week. Im going to try and do what PainfulOne said, stick to my dosage this round and not run out. I may try to supplement with Loperamide if the wds get too unbearable, but that will be a last desperate act. I have faith, but Im not stupid. I know I can easily find myself in this same spot next month if Im not hyper-vigilant.

Nice job Squeaky!
I would stick to your dosage this round and not run out. Good plan! The loperamide sucks. You will feel better soon if you just stick to your oxy dose. It takes a few days for your body to adjust but then you are fairly comfortable even through the lope withdrawal.
It is kind of peripheral type withdrawal. Lots of body pain. You want that gone ASAP and the only way is through and off the loperamide. It goes away. Just stick it out. It's worth it. Your sleep will return and body pain, digestive issues will feel a lot better.

I did pretty good this month. I am on a reduced dosage of my morphine right now. Sucks. I have to stick to this lower dosage for a few days until I get my refill. I did not run myself totally out though! This is uncomfortable though. I'm going to supplement with weed. Lol!

Keep up the good work guys! It sounds like everyone is doing pretty good!
Nice work my friends!!
❤️

Wrote a lengthy message but it wouldn't post. Anyways at one point i was on 130mg methadone for quite some time then tapered down to 78mg. Then due to complications with having gastroparesis and almost dying i went down to 54mg then switched to 18mg subutex. Within 4 weeks I've gotten it down to 4-5mg and hope to be done by the New year.

I wish everyone luck with their taper!

Guys, I've gotten myself into a pickle, I don't think I've talked about it in here so far. I like to use phenibut, which is a GABA-B agonist and a gabapentinoid. I have been using it every 3 days for quite a while with no issues. It has a very long half-life (lasts about 36 hours start to very end) and produces a nice feeling of ease and great mood. I've been using it to help me deal with some stresses I'm having this year (divorce, sick dad, etc). Actually I've been using it for 12 years, on and off, gotten dependent on it a couple of times but always been able to get off by tapering and reducing frequency and jumping off. At every 3 days, I don't even get physical dependence which is why I was using that pattern, and having no problem sticking to it.

Anyway I've always wanted to try GHB, and I managed to find some, 250 grams of it. This was about 2 months ago. GHB is also a GABA-B agonist but much stronger and with a very short half-life. I loved it and I very quickly started using it a lot more than I intended to. It reminded me a lot of how I abused opiates in my honeymoon phase, it felt harmless, I was rationalizing a lot. Doing it more days than not, and phenibut every 3rd day still also. Well, the GHB was starting to run low, and I realized one day, a few weeks ago, that I was physically dependent on it/GABA-B agonism in general, when I started getting tremory, with my hand shaking rather strongly when I tried to hold it still and my jaw chattering, with a feeling of strong anxiety and derealization, when I decided not to do it a day I normally would have. So I started cutting it back and doing GHB one out of 3 days and phenibut the other, instead of GHB 2 of those 3 days. I decided I wouldn't do any GHB anymore about 5 days ago, even though I had a dose left. But then I realized I had to do phenibut every other day to keep the withdrawal at bay, without GHB. I decided to do that, though, because I have stepped down from phenibut every other day to every 3 days to every 4 days to jumping off two times, and each time the discomfort was pretty minor and the taper was very easy to stick to because phenibut, taking 4+ hours to reach effect, is not at all more-ish.

Well, last night, the day after phenibut, I was feeling kinda down because my girlfriend was feeling depressed and I also just, honestly, wanted something (I also quit alcohol and nicotine a few weeks ago so I'm having periodic strong cravings for "something"), so I took my last dose of GHB (which I thought about throwing away but couldn't bring myself to). It was kinda nice, but the magic is gone. Which is a good thing because it makes it so I don't care to order more and I'm glad it's gone. But it probably set me back somewhat. And today I feel alright, but it's early and I can feel the shakiness in its early stages. Today would have been a phenibut day. Trying to decide if it should be. Basically I need to mask the GHB withdrawal with phenibut until it passes, and then it's much easier to deal with phenibut's much less severe withdrawal. The nice thing about phenibut is how long the half-life is, it makes really easy to control the taper. So yeah I think to spare myself the roller-coaster I'm going to take it today. Now there's no more GHB to throw a wrench into things so I'll just start my phenibut stepping down process.

Anyway, add GHB to the list of drugs I simply can't touch. Shame, it's a nice one. Then again, so are opiates but I am perfectly content never touching them again. Fortunately after my grueling opiate addiction and recovery, I know a lot more about myself now, and I caught this early, and I have a plan. I'm not too worried about it, I've gotten off phenibut multiple times, it just takes a little time and a little suffering periodically. And it's not like I'm thinking "oh no, what will I do without these drugs in my life?", like I did with opiates. I'm fine without them. I'm just annoyed at myself for getting into another physical dependence situation. So annoying...

Shroomy: How are you doing today my friend?

Time went back an hour which was random and nice. It was odd, I woke up at 1am and an hour later it was 1am again. I am happy for it, this is good fortune since I have a little labour to do this morning and a yoga class. Then I will have a yummy vegan snack for lunch around there. Today should be a good day.

I would say 2 out of 7 days are good or productive days, the other days I feel like I am wasting my life and am often bedridden too depressed to read a book or enjoy a film. I have had some dark times lately. I hope to feel better soon, sometimes I feel twice my age.

Today is good though, got a little xanax for the day as well and the kush I like to smoke. Very relaxed and sleepy might need a coffee this morning. Overall I am doing much better but need to find self confidence. I don't have any self confidence to apply for jobs and get back into the workplace which is all I need to do to have a relatively normal and happy life compared to now. I don't know why I can't just do that but I had a lot of bad experiences with employers that had to do with chronic pain I think I'm hung up over. Thanks for asking I have been cheering myself up in other parts of the forum, there have been awfully dark times.

I was also fucking with codeine I did a cold water extract and took five 100mg doses over like 10 days. That is like 30mg oral morphine and my tolerance is low enough it got me feeling the morphine all day. I didn't think anything of it much, but that's how it starts. That had been building up for a while I guess I needed a hit. It started with a pain flare I couldn't handle. My pain has been pretty bad lately. Then I had some doses left over I'd save for times of bad pain or stress. I shouldn't really be messing around with codeine, it metabolizes into morphine in the body and that could trigger heroin cravings easily and I have been thinking about that drug for a couple months now.

That being said I just woke up and passed out 3 or 4 times since early last evening and I am looking outside at a blue sky and the sun just rising. I have a feeling this should be a real nice day, my horoscope said something about me having trouble with chores this morning though and that is pretty much what I have planned. Can't see trouble ahead. I never can when there is.
Today should be good, having a coffee too. I want to make sure to get some job applications and higher learning in though after my physical exercise stuff since if I don't put an effort into that I won't get anywhere. Just stressed, I should maybe just try and enjoy today and make it health and productive. Been thinking a lot about my past and how I used to be happy and had a good life, compared to now the difference is night and day I'm not where I saw myself at this age at all. Thinking of all the wasted time is irritating that I would do that. It's like 6 years past by in the blink of an eye and now I still don't feel right. It has been over 10 months. What I care about is that I still don't feel healthy or recovered at all and my back pain has been getting worse, fluctuating all year and I am still hooked on benzos. Friend was telling me 2 of his friends recently had seizures and lost their licenses, they take way less than me a day. Not the wasted time and mistakes and stuff that doesn't get to me it's how I feel motivated but trapped and rejected at this point.

I would just like to live a normal life. I have to accept that I will be depressed for a long time. It is like mourning the loss of a loved one, getting rid of that heroin. It's next to impossible to stay away from long term but there have been times of extreme stress and I didn't resort to it. I have cravings for it all the time, my life was happier back then. I lack basic things for a decent quality of life like a job, a girlfriend or something like that, a social circle, healthy food. The drugs it seems really have a hold on me because I can't accept that I haven't achieved anything at all in life. Like my buddy says he thinks I see myself as a total failure and that was 10 years ago. One begins to get fed up, it is hard to deal with day after day when nothing ever changes. I'm happy to have a car though. Well, I can't say happy, more like grateful. But, I'm going nowhere I don't know what happened but my life is fucked now. I'll never be comfortable again without drugs it'd be nice to have a job and a date. I can't even talk to a girl who I can tell wants me to and think I will fall in ove. The fuck I will and I will remain depressed until that day because that is how I am. It doesn't mean I can't function, rather that I will never be happy again. Even in a better life situation I've spooked myself out of my own skin that nothing could ever help. I don't even have one friend. I am actually serious. I do not have one friend who lives on this continent and who I am not uncertain is alive or dead. It is hard to deal with when I want to be social. I have been so antisocial, for so long, that going to something like a party or some sort of social gathers really spooks me. It scares the hell out of me, I don't interact with humans. The social isolation I can tell is going to be having me deal with extreme, relentless social anxiety even worse. It just sucks cause I'm a chill guy and just want a cute girlfriend a relationship, and a job in my field and I an't achieve that even with a degree. I do not know why I can't just try. I guess it's because I have lost faith that I will ever meet a girl again and when that happened I became depressed unbearably. I just realized that I'm not really what they are looking for, even if I was a high tech person and all this I'm just not cut out for a girl. It doesn't matter how good looking or fit or smart or stable or wealthy or what cool job I have. They just do not like me and never have and I will never understand why and every day of my life for the past 10 years I have wondered. I am sick of wondering why.

Hey gang - thought I'd check in quickly to say hello. My stepfather passed away on Friday, and yesterday ... well, I guess I used it as an excuse to fall off my taper. I wish I could say it was because I was devastated (not to say I wasn't sad), but I think just used it as an excuse to use more oxy. I took a LOT of pills yesterday ... even ended up getting a bit sick. No excuses - it was, indeed, a bad move. Anyway, I'm a bit slow today - just taking it easy, and back on my 12.5mg a day taper. More than anything, I just need to be accountable - and being honest with you people is important. Thanks for listening, and I hope everyone is doing well.

Shroomi-
Reading your last post... you sound like a completely different person. Calm and rational. Relaxed. A bit tired and depressed(as we all are), but stable instead of scattered. You sound well.
This is the scariest part of your drug of choice. At moderate doses during the beginning of a relapse it actually makes your life better. It gives you clarity of mind that you feel you have been missing. It feels like it could be a REAL long term solution to making your life enjoyable. If only you could keep it under control this time.
It isnt. You cant. Codeine is an opiate. Your cold water extraction is an addict?s trick for taking way too much and avoiding damage from the Tylenol(APAP). You will only use more and more until you are suicidal again detoxing off heroin. You will find yourself staring down the barrel of a long recovery.
Please dont do this. Quit now.

Last edited:
UJ- congrats on the honesty. I have done what you just did with far less of an excuse. One day of taking extra for me always turned into a week of taking extra, then being screwed for days at the end of the month because I am out of pills.
Try not to think of this as the time that you did it and everything worked out OK. That will only set yourself up for horrible cravings next time life gets difficult. Focus on how hard it is to get back on track today. Remember this feeling and maybe you can avoid a relapse in the future.

I really need to follow my own advice.

Hi Squeaky,

Just wanted you to know that your advice to others is always honest and helpful. I'm hoping things aren't too bad for you pain wise, I know how trying that can be.

Here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ash.

UJ- congrats on the honesty. I have done what you just did with far less of an excuse. One day of taking extra for me always turned into a week of taking extra, then being screwed for days at the end of the month because I am out of pills.
Try not to think of this as the time that you did it and everything worked out OK. That will only set yourself up for horrible cravings next time life gets difficult. Focus on how hard it is to get back on track today. Remember this feeling and maybe you can avoid a relapse in the future.

I really need to follow my own advice.

Hello my friend UJ!!!

Sorry about your stepdad. Honestly.

Now you, you realize what you're doing, and admit to it, and that's half the battle. You can do it, stick with your taper. This was just a blip on your radar.

Feel free to pm me anytime.

I'm proud of you,
hugs,
your friend,
Ash.

Hey gang - thought I'd check in quickly to say hello. My stepfather passed away on Friday, and yesterday ... well, I guess I used it as an excuse to fall off my taper. I wish I could say it was because I was devastated (not to say I wasn't sad), but I think just used it as an excuse to use more oxy. I took a LOT of pills yesterday ... even ended up getting a bit sick. No excuses - it was, indeed, a bad move. Anyway, I'm a bit slow today - just taking it easy, and back on my 12.5mg a day taper. More than anything, I just need to be accountable - and being honest with you people is important. Thanks for listening, and I hope everyone is doing well.

Hi Shroomy,

I agree with Squeaky

I worry about you, and that things will be worse for you in the long run. I also think you should try to quit. You know we will all be here for you my friend.

Here for you,
your friend,
Ash.

Last edited:
Hi Shadow!!!

I honestly think you will be just fine, you realize already that you have difficulty with these drugs. and you're honest. That's really important.

Try not to be so hard on yourself, we are all here for you.

Your friend,
Ash.

I'm fine without them. I'm just annoyed at myself for getting into another physical dependence situation. So annoying...

Wow that's great mtop,

Great job with the taper!! Just try to be kind and patient with yourself, and know that you have friends here cheering you on.

You can do this and we will all be here for you.

Your friend,
Ash.
Wrote a lengthy message but it wouldn't post. Anyways at one point i was on 130mg methadone for quite some time then tapered down to 78mg. Then due to complications with having gastroparesis and almost dying i went down to 54mg then switched to 18mg subutex. Within 4 weeks I've gotten it down to 4-5mg and hope to be done by the New year.

I wish everyone luck with their taper!

Status
Not open for further replies.