Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Squeaky, that makes me so mad at others who would profit off of such misery as opiate withdrawal!
Shame!

I hope that you and I have helped many to not have to endure that horror by posting up our loperamide schedules.
I am so impressed with the way the loperamide works, I have also thought of just keeping on going with just the lope and taper down. I would do that in a minute if I could live long term with the pain from the injuries I have. I can't at this time. It is too much pain, all the time. We must do the best thing for our quality of life also.

I am not giving up hope that one day, I will do just that- after eight days again, I will just keep on going..

Squeaky, your plan sounds solid to me. Good luck. Prayers and blessing to you all.

Ooh, ShroomySatori , frosty purple nugs sounds wonderful! I do like the sativa for daytime use and the indica for night while I am out of pain medication. Works just great.

I like to have some weaker weed for joints, and some stronger weed for bong. I don't really pay attention to indica or sativa, terpene profiles or thc counts. I go by inspecting the weed with my senses. Which is why the medical mmj system is shit here. I got a half ounce today I usually have so much less than that! I have so much weed like 18 g's! Just a little of the purple though painful one. Have been budgeting better. Got my benzos, and ugh... did a little coke today. I don't have that much but it's going to be a long night, was around it and find the good shit hard to turn down especially when it's not costing me anything but stealing energy from myself and I haven't done it in a while. On the other hand, I had a really great day with my friend and needed to socialze and chill.

I don't know how I feel about that. I am hurting myself but on the other hand I am getting high like once a month tops and never to more than half a gram as I can't physically handle it or don't trust it. I know that I should not get anymore for a while, at least. I had a wonderful day connecting with a friend I hadn't seen in a while. Smoked some joints of real nice kush. I have so much kush right now haha. That just put a smile on my face, thinking about it. Sorta just want to get the coke over and done with and move on, not really my thing and I'm pretty sure it is considered addictive. That means it could become my thing and I have been having major issues with motivation and lethargy. Stimulants appeal to me but I like my earl grey most days not this shit. Yeah it was just really good quality and being around it... wasn't on my mind just a mistake I guess. I know I shouldn't be doing that but sure I excusing myself but at least it isn't the drugs that I actually enjoy much, much more than this.

Wait squeaky you are off the oxy too? How the fuck... lol. Good job man just don't go back to high doses you'll wear yourself out withdrawing and have to do it again with limited resources I can't personally go back as it got too out of control and I have an H tolerance now that is pretty much permanent I'm assuming but I agree - you are always scheming about how to quit and this plan makes sense to me as well for you. My current plan is to finish my coke safely while keeping hydrated and eating a bit, then I should feel fine tomorrow like last time as I am keeping it to a half gram. That is a huge amount for me though my stimulant tolerance is next to nothing, my downer tolerance is like an rhinoceros. Coffee is definitely enough though for this. I prefer it for sure in fact to coke. Sometimes I slip with those harder drugs like I did an enormous amount of Mdma rock one night earlier this year. It was brown and looked like H, I dunno what happened. I wasn't planning on doing any of that I personally think it is common drug that causes the most brain damage. Those impulses are hard to control but at least I regretted it.

Under a lot of stress chilling with a friend was really something I needed. Fuck. I hate how much more sociable I am on coke and benzos and how my life seems pointless when I'm not on something that self medicates me stronger than weed. Like my buddy said, must be hard to live on the edge like that.

My chronic pain has been really bad lately. Like, really bad. I just know that opiates would not help it. Only temporarily and then make it worse. My body finds it really hard to deal with any sort of painful stimuli now compared to before, physically speaking. Mentally, I think I am much stronger. I need to get exercising again I've been preoccupied with other matters lately. Lots of work hours but it's just part time and unreliable I need a career ASAP.

Last edited:
I get my prescription tomorrow. Ill be back to my old routine for sure.
It will have been 14 days though. My tolerance should be low. Maybe I can stay at a low dose.

Tolerance will be low for sure, but it might not remain low. If you feel tolerance creeping up again just take a break when you can and you won't be so dependent so it will be easier to. Just my perspective, cool man.

Can't believe it has already been close to 6 months, where did all the time go? I'll get my life in order at this point it is just a lot of work.

Got my script. It was nice to have some real pain relief yesterday. Today starts a quick taper off Lyrica. Probably use Lorazepam to help with sleep for a couple of days. Fortunately I dont enjoy Benzos at all, so I am able to taper off them easily.
14 days off oxy. Oh how I missed my little blue pills.

Down to 20 mg a day , 10 mg In am and 10 mg pm . Morning sickness is terrible. My girls are super excited and both say they are going to help when he/she is born . Still haven't told my parents , told my coworkers on my shift so they can do the heavy lifting for me ? Still scared but getting excited . I need a K or J name for a boy and girl( hoping boy) . We have a theme going because my name is Kelly, hubby is Jason , oldest daughter Kayla and youngest daughter Julianna. So I want to stick with a K or J . ?
Hope everyone is enjoying the summer ?

Hi everyone. I've been on methadone for a few weeks now. I've used three or four times since but only a small amount. The last time I used was a week ago and the cravings have gone down quite a bit now. I'm looking forward to getting off the methadone but I know that's going to take a while. What I've been told is that because of the amounts of heroin I was using and how serious my withdrawals are, that it'll probably take a year to taper off the methadone. Considering I was contemplating suicide, I'm okay with that. Larimar how are you doing? As long as you taper off slowly your baby won't feel it.

My summer has been very stressful and a waste of time. I am fed the fuck up and don't give a fuck abut myself. I have been much too generous and not taking care of myself or the big picture. Once I realized I was going to be single all summer I stopped giving a fuck about everything. Now the summer is flying by and I am living with bitterness and resent. I can't shake it the problems with the women. I'm getting worse the longer this lonely summer drags on. I am so stressed I feel like I'm on the verge of a heart attack, I am exhausting myself all day and sleeping 5 hours a night max it's shit. I am so unstable sometimes I get a lot of hours and when I have cash life is better cause I can get really stoned on weed and hash and xanax and fuck off. So busy, making money but whatever it's not enough that isn't so much of a stressor lately but it probably will be again soon. I dunno if I end up killing myself and disappear know I did not want to. I cannot take this for much longer every god damned day is the same stupid waste of time fucking bullshit I hate my life I wish I was the fuck dead and never knew I existed.

Billy123- So glad to hear you are doing so well. Whats your next move? Sounds like you should be cutting yourself from your old connections to heroin. Did you use because of withdrawls or because of nostalgia? Sometimes I feel like my biggest trouble comes from the memory of how well my pills worked, so I wind up taking extra to try and get to that place when I felt good from my medication.

Hi Squeaky. My plans are to get back to work and concentrate on my health. But right now I'm just taking it easy. One day at a time and I've decided not to rush anything. To be honest, I used because I didn't know what else to do. I'm so used to it and it was like an automatic thing. My cravings have gone down quite a bit now. I'm surprised how well I'm doing to be honest and truthfully I didn't think I would be around right now. My life's a mess at the moment but I know now that it can't get any worse and I'm looking forward to improving it in the next few months. How have you been doing?

I forgot to mention I'm listening to podcasts to pass my time. I'm having difficulty sleeping but listening to podcasts seems to help and I've been told that because I'm no longer using illicit drugs that my sleeping pattern will be a little bit disturbed for the near future.

Billy glad to hear you are getting more stable, it will only get better for you now ? Check out Joe Rogans podcast , very informative , funny and variety of topics . I'm doing okay , slowly cutting back my oxy but it's been tough just super tired and bitchy but I'm determined to have a healthy baby and a new start for my family .

I had what was probably the worst week of my life this year. I have very serious financial and career matters to attend to before it's too late. Obviously, the finances directly relate back to me being irresponsble doing drugs. And family I sort of fucked over as a junkie in one way or another is involved. I wanted to take care of this serious business. I'm looking at losing a 20k investment... but I've lost so much at this point if that's what happens whatever. I spent 10 times that on dope, easily even more. It isn't much of a loss in comparison. I also could have lost my life.

Billy you are being too optimistic and that is good but it will lead to a relapse. I am at 6 months in a week and I'm still nowhere near normal. I never will be again, not even close. Heroin truly fucks you. If you haven't been using too long (how long?) there might be more hope for you than for myself. You really have to want to quit and if you did, you would not still be using once a week or whatever it is. When I quit, I did so cold turkey because I began to resent the drug after so many years and knew I wouldn't die from withdrawals. I had already tried tapering with opiates, pills, all these tried and true methods and what it boiled down to for me was to simply stop taking the drug and deal with the consequences before I overdosed.

Larimar I like those podcasts too. My favourite ones are with Rogan and Duncan Trussell. I got my xanax fix stocked up so I'm much more stable. I am happy for you I am unable to express it though very much more than that right now. I have had about 2 hours of sleep a night this week and last night too as I was up until 1am having a heart to heart talk with an older businessman. He can tell I am completely fucked in life and knows someone with a Ph.D who just checked out with no warning so. He had told me that earlier it's just obvious I've been fucked out of my mind lately.

It has to be post acute withdrawal in some sense of the word. I am not like this I've been doing my drugs other than opiates. And at 6 months that is when it came back with cannabis abuse. It never goes away, really, so I better get used to it.

At this point with all the poly drug abuse, I don't think it matters what drug it is. I did coke, and had classic opiate withdrawal symptoms and I still do. It's like, the drugs work together to try and overpower my mind to the drug I really want which is not coke. I hate the shit.

It would be a damn shame to stop moving forward at 6 months even if I am still not really moving forward all that quickly. I really hope I don't have to take that loss it will devastate me in more ways than one. (the financial loss a relapse would downright kill me ten times over at this point).

I was low on xanax for a while and completely fucked again, during this week which randomly had an insane number of hours for me, everything had been building up it was my week to chill and get my finances in order. I can't give up on people though, I guess other than myself. This week the nature of the work the personal stress involving family and finance which I really needed to deal with but had absolutely no time with work, which is pretty useless I'm not making anything I'm really helping people though and can't give up on that because I don't really care about myself so much anymore. I've lost so much keep it coming like it doesn't even matter I'm totally fucked either way.

Anyways I feel took my fix I have barely slept all week took a lot of alprazolam waiting to pass out and recharge. This week was absolute hell it was like a test if I could handle full time work. I'm not there yet it was just way, way, way the fuck too much I went fucking crazy but I held it together for the stupid work hours.

Last edited:
I had what was probably the worst week of my life this year. I have very serious financial and career matters to attend to before it's too late. Obviously, the finances directly relate back to me being irresponsble doing drugs. And family I sort of fucked over as a junkie in one way or another is involved. I wanted to take care of this serious business. I'm looking at losing a 20k investment... but I've lost so much at this point if that's what happens whatever. I spent 10 times that on dope, easily even more. It isn't much of a loss in comparison. I also could have lost my life.

Billy you are being too optimistic and that is good but it will lead to a relapse. I am at 6 months in a week and I'm still nowhere near normal. I never will be again, not even close. Heroin truly fucks you. If you haven't been using too long (how long?) there might be more hope for you than for myself. You really have to want to quit and if you did, you would not still be using once a week or whatever it is. When I quit, I did so cold turkey because I began to resent the drug after so many years and knew I wouldn't die from withdrawals. I had already tried tapering with opiates, pills, all these tried and true methods and what it boiled down to for me was to simply stop taking the drug and deal with the consequences before I overdosed.

Larimar I like those podcasts too. My favourite ones are with Rogan and Duncan Trussell. I got my xanax fix stocked up so I'm much more stable. I am happy for you I am unable to express it though very much more than that right now. I have had about 2 hours of sleep a night this week and last night too as I was up until 1am having a heart to heart talk with an older businessman. He can tell I am completely fucked in life and knows someone with a Ph.D who just checked out with no warning so. He had told me that earlier it's just obvious I've been fucked out of my mind lately.

It has to be post acute withdrawal in some sense of the word. I am not like this I've been doing my drugs other than opiates. And at 6 months that is when it came back with cannabis abuse. It never goes away, really, so I better get used to it.

At this point with all the poly drug abuse, I don't think it matters what drug it is. I did coke, and had classic opiate withdrawal symptoms and I still do. It's like, the drugs work together to try and overpower my mind to the drug I really want which is not coke. I hate the shit.

It would be a damn shame to stop moving forward at 6 months even if I am still not really moving forward all that quickly. I really hope I don't have to take that loss it will devastate me in more ways than one. (the financial loss a relapse would downright kill me ten times over at this point).

I was low on xanax for a while and completely fucked again, during this week which randomly had an insane number of hours for me, everything had been building up it was my week to chill and get my finances in order. I can't give up on people though, I guess other than myself. This week the nature of the work the personal stress involving family and finance which I really needed to deal with but had absolutely no time with work, which is pretty useless I'm not making anything I'm really helping people though and can't give up on that because I don't really care about myself so much anymore. I've lost so much keep it coming like it doesn't even matter I'm totally fucked either way.

Anyways I feel took my fix I have barely slept all week took a lot of alprazolam waiting to pass out and recharge. This week was absolute hell it was like a test if I could handle full time work. I'm not there yet it was just way, way, way the fuck too much I went fucking crazy but I held it together for the stupid work hours.

First of all, 6 months off heroin is fantastic man, well done. Huge achievement. Secondly, I think you're being a tad pessimistic saying we can never return to baseline happiness or functioning. It may take a long time, but it can and does happen. Also, if being 6 months in and still fucked with PAWs is bothering you, remember that your brain won't heal from heroin abuse until you're entirely drug free. Your benzo/cannabis addiction and cocaine use will murky the picture, so don't be discouraged if your emotions are still fucked.

Shroomi, take a look at Pokemama and some of her posts from December and January. She was not into quite as many substances as you have been. Even after a year clean she us still feeling the PAWS. Depression, aches and pains, etc.
6 months IS huge brother. Dont discredit the amount of work it took for you to get here. And dont be so pessimistic about Billy123s future. Getting clean is s long journey. Time is both an adversary and a companion. You have had opportunities to give up, and somehow you found the strength to stay on course. As Billy is learning..... this is a daily battle. Some days you may lose one. It took a long time to get all that dirt under his fingernails, so it will take more than a quick shower to get himself clean.

Sone days the best I can hope for myself is that I might live to fight another day.

I wasn't being pessimistic dude I was being rational. People don't get over heroin in a couple of weeks. It's definitely a great start and the problem has been recognized. I stand by what I said about continuing to use and an inevitable relapse. Even if it is heroin once a month that will happen.

Billy just curious how long you've been using for it makes a huge difference?

Thanks Squeaky yeah I guess it is. It seems like nothing to me, possibly due to memory problems. Ever since I quit I've had that. I had all those things before the opiates and I don't really expect them to go away. If I use opiates again though it is a death wish though so what can I do but get used to the new me.

At this point, any drug will lead me back to dope. I did coke all last weekend, it has been a week, and due to the depletion of neurotransmitters, the severe dehydration, total lack of sleep for a few days... this caused acute withdrawal symptoms to return (distinct opiate ones). So I pretty much can't use any drugs any more other than weed and xanax / val and a hell of a lot of espresso and coffee.

Stress is the worst at this point. Just keep exhausting myself over pointless bullshit but that will pass as I guess I never really learned to deal with stress until now.

Well I have been opiate free for six months or so and I am pretty much back to baseline when it comes to creativity, emotions and other functionality.

I haven't abstained from weed, MDMA or psychedelics and still I feel much better.

I've been even started doing again some gigs as a DJ (real DJ, not those who just play songs repeatedly).

I think there is a bright future for all of us here! I'm really proud of everybody! Good job guys!

We each have our own issues but we are learning how to manage them and manage to live again and have some enjoyment and fun in our lives also. That is huge for me. I have been living in chronic pain for so long. Just trying to make it through each day and manage all the problems that I forgot to live somewhere along the way.

That is the most important thing for us all is to not lump everyone into one category. Each of us is an individual and we have our own individual challenges. Suicide would be the only option for me without some pain management. We are very lucky to still have Billy123 with us also. Pain can and does kill. We need to remember that when talking to others.

I don't judge anyone. That is not my place. I have only walked in my own shoes so I can only speak for myself. I support you all and just want your lives to be the best they can be. Whatever that may take is fine with me. I don't want anyone to hurt so badly that suicide seems like the only option.

The main thing is that we each find what works for us and stick to the things that make improve our lives and our quality of life.

So I pretty much can't use any drugs any more other than weed and xanax / val and a hell of a lot of espresso and coffee.

Stress is the worst at this point. Just keep exhausting myself over pointless bullshit but that will pass as I guess I never really learned to deal with stress until now.

I'm totally guilty of massively overusing caffeine and smoking way too many cigarettes when I'm on maintenance but surely even "milder" stimulants like caffeine and nicotine and certainly weed and benzos are counter-productive if trying to reach baseline?

Status
Not open for further replies.