• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe The Subutex Revolution...

Wow, 2 and 8mg is a nice dose of buprenorphine. Thesubligual tabs overseas (brand name Tamgesic) are only .2mg. 2mg will really hit someone hard who doesnt have a tolerance.
Are they the freebase buprenorphine like the Euro version? If so, IV is possible you just have to use vinegar t dissolve it. .6mg is actually a very strong IV dose for someone with no tolerance. I've abused thehellout of these things and I dont think I ever dosed higher than .8mg at once.
And yes, buprenorphine is very nice. It's probably the only drug of it;s kind that I can do for days (all day) and suddenly quit without feeling like shit at all. It's very recreational. I'd take it over oxycontin, to be honest. The ruh from IV dmin is nice and the duration is even nicer. Also, tolerance seems to build up very slowly. For awhile it was my pokeable of choice.
Oral doses are a complete waste. Dont even try that. I dont know what happens but you will feel nothing at all if you eat'em. They're meant to be taken sublinqually. There's a definate technique to that. It's really not s easy asjust plopping it under you tongue. I cant remember if I ever snorted any. I slammed most of'em.
Are you sure it 2 and 8mg and not .2 and .8mg? I would imagine that 8mg IVed would kill someone really quickly. If they are putting out 8mg bup tabs there's gonna be a problem much like the one we had with oxycontin.
Maybe this Subutex brand will have some kind of aldulerant in it so it cant be IVed. That would suck cause IV is really the only way to go with this stuff.
I know people, who take 32 or even more mg of bup and feel good.But that`s substitution therapy

Drinking and subutex doesn't work. Oral subutex isn't even supposed to work either, not very well at least. But now you've been on it so long that probably snorting would not give a high at all. I suggest you break up your pills and taper your dose, once your dose is low you get the same effects but you can also drink on it,

And prescribed for depression? wtf is your doctor doing.

Hi, I am so glad to hear from you. No one ever seems to reply to me. Yes it is strange that my psychiatrist gave me suboxone for treating depression. He feels that some people's oppiate receptors are not working correctly and therefore need a bit of an opiate to treat depression. I am trying to ween myself off of this stuff but it is so darn hard!!!! I've heard horror stories about people getting off this med and I'm so scared. I would love to hear from you again! TC Sincerely, Larsy1566

He feels that some people's oppiate receptors are not working correctly and therefore need a bit of an opiate to treat depression.

Wow.

Whos your doctor?

My opiate receptors aren't working correctly! ;)

Do you not being addicted to opiates far more depressing than anything else?
I know I certainly do.

Wow.

Whos your doctor?

My opiate receptors aren't working correctly! ;)

Do you not being addicted to opiates far more depressing than anything else?
I know I certainly do.

It's precicely this mentality which has made it so hard for doctors to persue this avenue of treatment. It seems very possible to me (a relative layman) that some folks are naturally down on endorphins and could be treated with opioids. Not that I really support doping folks up because they're sad, that is unless they're at risk for relapse/addiction to more dangerous drugs.

Ive come down from 16mg of subutex and am now on 6mg..to be honest ive never had a buzz from them. What i wanted to ask is, I know theyre blockers (fill the opiate receptors with a non conforming opiate shape) do they block out all opiods, like tramadol. I take tramadol for my pancreatitus, but never seem to get rid of the pain. I was wondering if its the pancreatitus (cos I know its a bitch to stop the pain) or the subutex is blocking the tramadol (and morpine when I go to A&E)

Cheers, and good luck to the still suffering addict

Last edited:
Hi, I am so glad to hear from you. No one ever seems to reply to me. Yes it is strange that my psychiatrist gave me suboxone for treating depression. He feels that some people's oppiate receptors are not working correctly and therefore need a bit of an opiate to treat depression. I am trying to ween myself off of this stuff but it is so darn hard!!!! I've heard horror stories about people getting off this med and I'm so scared. I would love to hear from you again! TC Sincerely, Larsy1566

Ive come off methadone, subutex and smack in the past, the only way to ease the discomfort of coming off (without drink, it caused me to become an alcoholic back in the day, thats another story lol) is to do it slowly, the slower the better. Try not to replace on drug with another, and remember that the discomfort doesnt last for ever, even though it feels like it does.

Thanks 4 subs

Ive been smoking heroin for 2 years now and its been progressively turning into a habit , if it wasnt for my partner and daughter i think I would be in a mess diamorphine is amazing all physical and mental pain dissapears into dreamy euphoria . Im sure you all know this . I went on holiday knowing I couldn get a fix a long awated break from the baby and I was going to ruin it because no doubt id be clucking like a cockatrice ! However i managed to get my hands on 8mg of subutex . all I can say is it worked , I didnt get high but I didn cluck either . This was after 2bags a day for 2 weeks solid 280 pounds stirling I might add . I have managed to get back on top of my habbit thru subutex , it will stop your cluck after heavy use and will stay in your system for 3 days obviously depending on your habit you will need more or less to keep physically well . I wouldn bother chasing the high off subs with heroin , it blocks it , it doesnt work you may as well smoke your ten pound notes . Now I chase the dragon on occasions and subutex wont come close to the real thing . If you have no heroin in your system you can get high on subs try sniffing 5mg at first and you will get a heroin like high . If your clucking sniff 5 mg on the first day then sniff 1-2 mg each day this will keep your cluck at bay get through 72 hours and the worst is over . The best thing to do is dont take heroin in the first place , but hay easier said than done . The way I see it you can smoke or inject your life and money away very easily I could easily spend at least 300 a week on smack or I can spend 5pounds a week on subutex and pretty much have the same effect as once heroins got you it only makes you feel normal I highly reccomend subutex but enjoy both drugs and treat them with respect , KNOW THE MONSTER YOUR DEALING WITH.

Man I need to go to the UK with my script and make myself some money. I could make enough to fly there and back just with the profit from my subutex!

no real opiate tolerance, subbed about 1.3, snorted about 0.3mg top up, 1mg xanax and some antihistamines, feeling fucked :p, breathing is quite shallow (i blame xanax, but my benzo tolerance is huge so i should be fine), its really nice for those without tolerance and i got a load of 8mg pills for very cheap here in the uk.

how long do people find it to peak? (for those who use it recreationally) also im aware i might start puking but i feel no nausea yet and dont think ive puked on it before (or any opis for that matter)

can wait to see this around more often

much better without that nasty naloxone!

can wait to see this around more often

much better without that nasty naloxone!

Just curious? How could the naloxone possibly work if bupe has a higher affinity?

Personally I dont think the naloxone does a damn thing, just a joke to scare people w/o knowledge

no the naloxone does a lot at high doses, I think thats what you are confusing.

It is put there to prevent someone from putting the whole 8mg sub on a spoon and banging it. Everyone knows at 100% BA and buperenorphine being one of the most potent opiods, this would be a killer dose. If you only shoot/sniff/subligual 2-5 mg(which is what I do), the naloxone has no effect.

When I get a hold of another subutex though, I'm gonna shoot or sniff like 5-6mg

no the naloxone does a lot at high doses, I think thats what you are confusing.

It is put there to prevent someone from putting the whole 8mg sub on a spoon and banging it. Everyone knows at 100% BA and buperenorphine being one of the most potent opiods, this would be a killer dose. If you only shoot/sniff/subligual 2-5 mg(which is what I do), the naloxone has no effect.

When I get a hold of another subutex though, I'm gonna shoot or sniff like 5-6mg

Buprenorphine antagonizes itself at high doses, this is why buprenorphine is unpleasant at such a high dose, Subutex and Suboxone both have this issue.

Naloxone within Suboxone is inert.

so i know u have to wait 12 hrs before taking suboxone otherwise u can bring on stronger withdraws but i just got my hands on a white 8 mg buprenophine tab i took an 80 today so do i still have to wait till im withdrawing to take this, or because it doesnt have the blocker i can just use it as a regular pain killer? thanks ahead for any feedback

I was looking for an answer to something else when I happened upon this thread and I am pretty amazed that so many of you are miss informed about naloxone. So much so that I joined the site just to reply. So to clarify.....those of you who think it is in place to KEEP you from IVing it...that is incorrect. Naloxone is an opioid inverse agonist or in laymens terms an opiate blocker.....It has been in use for many years for many purposes...but the reason they put it in Suboxone is to make relapse worthless. Its that simple. anyone who has taken suboxone knows that if you use whatever opiate of choice (for me it was oxycodone, back when I was in treatment) within 12 to 24 hours of ingesting suboxone, you are not only wasting the drug but your time as well...A high can still be achieved but at a much greater dose...whereas normaly half of a 30mg roxy snorted would normaly do the trick for me to start me off. If suboxone was in my system I would have to snort almost 60 mg just to feel it. Naloxone is also the reason that if you take suboxone too soon into withdrawal, it can cause you to go into sever withdrawal because the naloxone is competing with the remnants of your drug of choice for receptors. THAT being the reason for the common misunderstanding....im sure some iv users have shot it WAAAY too soon into withdrawal and PAID FOR IT. I read the whole thread just to see if someone would correct but no one did so I had to say something.

Yes....Im WELL aware I brought back a post that is three years dead...Dont give a shit...... save your criticism for someone who cares.

Somehow I missed the last few posts.....so there is SOME understanding of what am talking about. Waste of typing I guess :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Somehow I missed the last few posts.....so there is SOME understanding of what am talking about. Waste of typing I guess :p

This is the equivalent of going back to the days of alchemy and saying at least somebody agrees with my view of chemistry. There is a reason you had to necro-bump a thread from 3 years ago to share your long since discredited views on naloxone and formulations or buprenorphine.

I was looking for an answer to something else when I happened upon this thread and I am pretty amazed that so many of you are miss informed about naloxone. So much so that I joined the site just to reply. So to clarify.....those of you who think it is in place to KEEP you from IVing it...that is incorrect. Naloxone is an opioid inverse agonist or in laymens terms an opiate blocker.....It has been in use for many years for many purposes...but the reason they put it in Suboxone is to make relapse worthless. Its that simple. anyone who has taken suboxone knows that if you use whatever opiate of choice (for me it was oxycodone, back when I was in treatment) within 12 to 24 hours of ingesting suboxone, you are not only wasting the drug but your time as well...A high can still be achieved but at a much greater dose...whereas normaly half of a 30mg roxy snorted would normaly do the trick for me to start me off. If suboxone was in my system I would have to snort almost 60 mg just to feel it. Naloxone is also the reason that if you take suboxone too soon into withdrawal, it can cause you to go into sever withdrawal because the naloxone is competing with the remnants of your drug of choice for receptors. THAT being the reason for the common misunderstanding....im sure some iv users have shot it WAAAY too soon into withdrawal and PAID FOR IT. I read the whole thread just to see if someone would correct but no one did so I had to say something.

Yes....Im WELL aware I brought back a post that is three years dead...Dont give a shit...... save your criticism for someone who cares.

Pure Buprenorphine does the same damn thing...The End.

Last edited:
I have 57 subutex 8mg left in my lockbox, that have been untouched for a few months......ive just been getting oxycodones for my broken ribs which is 120 pills which are 30 mg, and IR, and they only cost 2 dollars for all 120 with my insurance. MEDICAID ROCKS!!! SUBS are not covered so they would be 255. So I am waiting til my ribs are completely healed then my PCP is gonna switch me to methadone for good cuz I have 5 slipped discs also, so im always in a lot of pain. For 90 pills of methadose 40mg it would be 2 dollars also. They cover methadone too. Its cool also because I get 120 bars of Xanax a month that's covered....but Adderall isn't....so for 90 30mg Adderall I pay 95 dollars. but I can get rid of 10 of em for 10 bux and make 100 bux back easy. So Medicaid is the best ever for prescriptions. If I didn't have it my oxycodones would be 250 every 2 weeks. But subutex is so damn expensive....but if you don't have insurance use GOODRX......they send you a card and last time I filled the subs just incase I needed em......they only cost 130 bux instead of 255. So go to good rx and it saves you on every medication,