• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe The Subutex Revolution...

Hi, I take subutex for depression orally, under my tongue. I do not feel high, just more relaxed. I've never been addicted to pain killers but I did like hydrocodone. It helped me so much with my headaches and anxiety. My psychiatrist put me on subutex about 9 months ago for depression/anxiety. I want to go off of it now but I'm afraid that my anxiety will come back and also my terrible headaches but I just feel like I'm not living on this med. I don't feel like drinking or doing much. I've been at weddings and I feel so left out because everyone is drinking and I've had a beer but it just makes me feel tired and not so good. I admit I enjoyed having a few beers with friends and I miss that. I can't understand what people are talking about when they say they snort subutex or do it IV. What would happen? Is it some great high? I would really love to hear back from you. Every time I post a reply no one answers. TC Larsy1566

IVing buprenorphine is pretty nice, however if you're using it for depression, you want to stick to using it sublingually. It's not a "great high" like heroin is, but it has its own set of effects.

I wouldn't snort buprenorphine at all.

Hi, I take subutex for depression orally, under my tongue. I do not feel high, just more relaxed. I've never been addicted to pain killers but I did like hydrocodone. It helped me so much with my headaches and anxiety. My psychiatrist put me on subutex about 9 months ago for depression/anxiety. I want to go off of it now but I'm afraid that my anxiety will come back and also my terrible headaches but I just feel like I'm not living on this med. I don't feel like drinking or doing much. I've been at weddings and I feel so left out because everyone is drinking and I've had a beer but it just makes me feel tired and not so good. I admit I enjoyed having a few beers with friends and I miss that. I can't understand what people are talking about when they say they snort subutex or do it IV. What would happen? Is it some great high? I would really love to hear back from you. Every time I post a reply no one answers. TC Larsy1566

Your on Subutex for depression?

Never heard of that before. I'm suprised, tbh, as I would have thought an opiate dependance is the last thing someone with with depression would want.

I shoot my Subutex, as I find it makes a little go further - and I also find it helps with the craving a bit as your still doing going through the "ritual" of prepping and taking a shot. Pretty fucked up, eh?!

If you've been on subutex a while, I doubt you could even get high with it. But thats a road you *really* want to avoid.

Cheers,

I got off OCs using suboxone here in the states. Took about sixteen mgs a day for a few weeks, then came down to about twelve pretty easy...long story short, doctor visits cost too much so I gotta get down off it

i'm down to a quarter of an eight mg now. Maybe two mg or so. I have a few pills left, some dilaudid I stumbled upon and I dont want to waste them.

how long do I need to be clean of the suboxone before I get high on opiates again??

cheers for the advise

you been taking it for a few weeks and you are now down to 2 mg eh. I would say its safe to say you would need at least 24 hours to feel somewhat of a high, and at least 72 hours to feel high.

how long do I need to be clean of the suboxone before I get high on opiates again??

cheers for the advise

I'd say the naloxone in 2mg of suboxone would be very minor.
You'd probably be able 2 use the day after.

Drinking and subutex doesn't work. Oral subutex isn't even supposed to work either, not very well at least. But now you've been on it so long that probably snorting would not give a high at all. I suggest you break up your pills and taper your dose, once your dose is low you get the same effects but you can also drink on it,

And prescribed for depression? wtf is your doctor doing.

I'd say the naloxone in 2mg of suboxone would be very minor.
You'd probably be able 2 use the day after.

It has NOTHING to do with naloxone, naloxone is an inert ingredient in suboxone. Buprenorphine is what's going to be occupying the mu agonist receptor and will interfere with full mu agonists activating the receptor.

Naloxone has a much shorter half life as well, so it doesn't even get to touch the body's mu-opioid receptors.

Buprenorphine works rather well for depression.

you been taking it for a few weeks and you are now down to 2 mg eh. I would say its safe to say you would need at least 24 hours to feel somewhat of a high, and at least 72 hours to feel high.

I have been on the suboxone for only about three months. I was prescribed 16mg a day (8/8). I cut that down almost within a week because it was too much. I cut down to one 8mg in the morning and a half 8mg at night. Then I cut the half at night. Then I cut the 8mg in half int he morning. Now I am taking 1/4 of an 8mg in the morning and that's it. I've been on that dose for about two or three weeks.

I'm not having any problems at this low dose. I'm hoping that I can stop this weekend and not feel bad, but I'm not sure if I should go to 1mg in the morning for awhile.

but in the meantime, I have a few pills left. If i want to take them, sounds like I should be off the subs for at least a day or so? I don't know how long the suboxone stays in my system? anyone know the half life?

the day I posted this question I had taken the 2mg sub in the morning but then took 3 lortabs that night. felt alittle something, but nothing like I should haveing had no 'strong' opiods in my sytem (just the suboxone)

go to 1 mg, then 0.5 then 0.25, then 0.125 then take it day or two apart etc etc

Never heard of that before. I'm suprised, tbh, as I would have thought an opiate dependance is the last thing someone with with depression would want.

Yes its true...as Cpt H pointed out... Subutex is being used to treat depression.
This is an off-label use for the drug...used for depression that is resistant to conventional Tx.

The efficacy of opiates in the treatment of affect disorders has been researched and documented clinically atleast since the 1800s.

Hi. Do you still take subutex? I'm taking it for depression, but I take it orally under my tongue. I'm actually trying to get off of it and I liked what you said about it being easy to go off of. I'm so afraid that I will get sick because I've been on it for about 9 months.

If you want to get off of it I would advised tappering slowly over weeks to months...and exercise. I dont have personal experience with agent but do with successfuly tapering methadone, xanax/klonopin, and SSRIs.

been at weddings and I feel so left out because everyone is drinking and I've had a beer but it just makes me feel tired and not so good.

Wonder if buprenorphine is blocking the reinforcement from EtOH analogous to the rationale for treating problem drinking with naltrexone.

Every time I post a reply no one answers.

I know how you feel Larsy- story of my life on BL.

I shoot my Subutex, as I find it makes a little go further

I'm almost certain you're aware of how dangerous injecting any sort of pill is, so never mind. But you should at least consider using a technique I recently heard about from a moderator on BL that increases the bioavailability of buprenorphine by up to 70% or so I think, where the buprenorphine is dissolved in alcohol and placed in a cotton ball and then placed under the tongue for an enhanced sublingual absorption.

Last edited:
I'm almost certain you're aware of how dangerous injecting any sort of pill is, so never mind. But you should at least consider using a technique I recently heard about from a moderator on BL that increases the bioavailability of buprenorphine by up to 70% or so I think, where the buprenorphine is dissolved in alcohol and placed in a cotton ball and then placed under the tongue for an enhanced sublingual absorption.

I do that sometimes, but it's just not the same. I would definitely do the aforementioned before ever snorting it though. 6/7's method rocks.

Yeah, of course I'm aware - I have a good filter technique though, so I don't give a fuck.

I'm on 2mg of bupe daily which I take using 6/7's method and I tried iving 0.5mg the other day and was not impressed in the slightest. I think most iv bupe users just have a needle fixation that needs to be dealt with

I'm on 2mg of bupe daily which I take using 6/7's method and I tried iving 0.5mg the other day and was not impressed in the slightest. I think most iv bupe users just have a needle fixation that needs to be dealt with

IV Bupe while dependant on Buprenorphine maintenance is fairly pointless unless you go long periods without it. Similar to IV Methadone for MMT patients.

It is still possible to get the injectable ampules of Buprenex as far as I know They give you these huge syringes with twist on needles to use with it.. That is what all my friends had before everyone was getting these sublingual pills and as far as I know it is cheaper to. I think they are like .342 amp or something, it helps with WD but never tried to get high off it. I heard you can though. Anyway this is in South Florida so maybe it's not a normal thing, but it's not new that is for sure.

-Dead-N

Edit: just called my friend and anyone can go into the clinic with opiate dependence and needle fixations and get it easily still. It's like a $275 visit and $50 there after though

Buprenex is 0.3mg/ml Buprenorphine meant for injection. It is excluded from DATA 2000: legally, only Suboxone and Subutex can be used to treat opioid addiction and dependancy in the US from a doctors office.

Buprenex is only legally used as a pain killer. Some doctors use it against the law as a detox or maintenance treatment for opioid addicts. This is illegal and can result in punishment for the doctor.

I had a nightmare today at my clinic.

I'm trying to get clonidine and just a small dose of benzos along with my subutex script to help me with the first few days when I reduce my dose.

I'm reducing down 0.2mg per week. My keyworker didn't think the GP on duty was experianced enough to handle the situation, so I have to see one on the 21st when I go get my next script.

In the meantime, I have raised my dose back upto 1.6mg/day. I get the impression that they have had too many blaging junkies take the piss with benzos.

I explained that I'm not looking to get knocked out on them, I just want something to take the edge off. So when I wake up at 4am in WD - I can lye still in bed and just not sweat quiet so much.

I really hope they help me out. I've played ball nicely with them for ages.

^ In my experience you've pretty much out of luck. AFAIK they don't like to prescribe drugs like that unless you're in detox or the doctor or programme they run is pretty unconventional.

IV Bupe while dependant on Buprenorphine maintenance is fairly pointless unless you go long periods without it. Similar to IV Methadone for MMT patients.

I understand this, that's why I mentioned it. eight0eight is also a maintenance paitient an applies in my opinion that he has a nPeedle problem.