• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

?? ? THE SOCIAL CLUB v. Come Say Hi! ? ??

all good tIll the comedown they mainly give people motivation whereas I get energy but not in a clean up everything way unfortunarely

Is it a matter of personal preference? I would love a fat sack of weed but I am so high strung anything that isn't relaxing sounds like it would probably make me go postal? Are others just wired differently?

Over the years amphetamines have appealed less and less to me. The only thing that makes my anxiety worse than amps is weed. I will still take them occasionally if I'm not out of my benzo, but I cannot comprehend taking them regularly. I become physically and emotionally exhausted after just two consecutive days of amphetamine use. Vyvanse is nice because the crash is minimal and it's very smooth, but adderall and meth are just too much for me these days.

I'll take opiates, kratom or benzos over amphetamines every single time.

After YEARS of using and ABUSING Adderall, you quickly learn that it should NEVER be taken daily, and you must force yourself to eat and stay hydrated on it...

I personally find that Adderall at work makes me focus on the wrong tasks and I'd much rather safe it for partying mixed with G and benzos

Amphetamines are not recreational. They are perfect (depending which one you have at hand) tools.

Amphetamines are not recreational. They are perfect (depending which one you have at hand) tools.

I have pretty much the same opinion. I don't find most stims to be pleasant, but they can be awesome tools for various situations.

Edit: this is kind of off-topic for OD, so I've moved it to the social thread so the discussion can continue

Last edited:
I've had this theory that it depends on personality. People who are normally relaxed and quiet and like it that way move toward depressants and opioids, whereas party boys who love being the center of attention gravitate towards stimulants to enhance this. There's always exceptions, I'm down with the "down" but I went on a coke binge a few years ago. Bruised my veins so badly it looked like I'd been in a car accident

Think I'm one of the exceptions you're talking about ... I'm usually relaxed, and quiet, but amphetamines are my drug of choice as I find it such a valuable tool for a whole load of attributes such as making me more focussed, more sociable, energetic, and assertive. So versatile too - small doses for pure functional reasons, and bigger doses for music appreciation to go through the roof (highly self reinforcing drug for sure)...I wonder if your theory could work the other way round too -I know a few 'type A' people who prefer weed, as its one of the few (only?) ways they can turn down the inner volume of the incessant non stop dialogue in their head, to chill out/relax a bit. Then there's the more laid back 'type B' types like me , who may feel stimulants give them the necessary push to be at the same place/level as more outward going extroverts...

Last edited:
if opiates/opioids are supposed to be physically safe why does david nutts study rank heroin as being the most dangerous ?

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(10)61462-6/abstract

This would fall under the scope of a speculative discussion point and I don't think there's ever going to be a hard an fast definition for safety profiles of various drugs. I don't think anyone thinks heroin is particularly safe.

Did this exact same post get kicked around a couple months ago? I feel like I'm having dejavu. Anyways, I moved it to the social thread so anyone can feel free to chime in with their opinions

I'm scared that I can't quit. I just had a conversation with my brother about William Burroughs (he brought him up). I went and grabbed Naked Lunch offf my shelf and he was like shit I was about to buy this! So now he's reading it. Well, we talked a lot, but he told me Burroughs made him realize how fucked up opioids are. And here I am a heroin and oxy addict. It's fucking horrible... it's like I wanted to scream at him I'm on that shit now, look at me you don't even see.
h.

i always struggled with Naked Lunch, i'm not sure why though cause i bloody worship Junky and Queer - maybe its cause, as you say, Naked Lunch reveals the grotesque nature of opiates whereas Junky kinda romanticizes the whole experience? for all the terrible shit that happens it there's a distinct lack of misery on at least Burrough's part: iirc the worst part of the novel is when he becomes a raving tequila drunk - not due to the junk at all - 'uremic poisoning' is bandied about quite a bit.

man that sucks having to keep that from him, that scene could almost have been taken from the more sober pages of the Naked Lunch!

but yeah, i've just blown through a little over half a gram of dark and a rock of crack. so if i'm ranting please excuse me,

Does anyone know if there's a z-drug guide somewhere on BL? I haven't been able to find anything of the sort. I've been thinking about making a write up on z-drugs if anyone thinks it would be worthwhile.

Any input or personal experiences would also be helpful :)

i think there was one... but don'thold me to it.

if there isn't one we should have one, i would have loved to know about zopiclone's penchant for screwing with your taste-buds; that was the most unpleasant glass of OJ i ever had... are there any other z-drugs other than zopiclone and zolpidem?

regarding the taste bud issue, do you mean how the drug screws with your perception of taste or how terribly the powder can taste if you chew it?

i always struggled with Naked Lunch, i'm not sure why though cause i bloody worship Junky and Queer - maybe its cause, as you say, Naked Lunch reveals the grotesque nature of opiates whereas Junky kinda romanticizes the whole experience? for all the terrible shit that happens it there's a distinct lack of misery on at least Burrough's part: iirc the worst part of the novel is when he becomes a raving tequila drunk - not due to the junk at all - 'uremic poisoning' is bandied about quite a bit.

man that sucks having to keep that from him, that scene could almost have been taken from the more sober pages of the Naked Lunch!

but yeah, i've just blown through a little over half a gram of dark and a rock of crack. so if i'm ranting please excuse me,

I need to read Naked Lunch again. My bro has it borrowed right now, and he wants to read Junkie as well. I loved Junkie, such an awesome read - but somebody could read that and really not have any impression of the horrible hell that this addiction brings. Even though he writes about withdrawal and stuff, the evil nature of the drug just doesn't sink in. I need to re-read Naked Lunch and also I've never read Queer (adding that to my reading list, along with some stuff by Jack Kerouac). Naked Lunch is seriously fucked up from what I remember - no plot to it, you can basically read the chapters in any order if I'm not mistaken. And I remember a lot of grotesque imagery that was hard to stomach. My bro said he was "enjoying" it if that was the right word to use lol.

Yeah man I did my first shot of heroin the other day. And my brother randomly stopped by while I was a couple hours in to my hit. He asked me out of the blue, "Kurt Cobain didn't do heroin for long right?" We got into a discussion about him, and I think that nobody builds up a $400/day tolerance overnight. And we were talking about how he had a chronic stomach ailment and I recommended that he watch Montage of Heck, which I really enjoyed.

It's almost like he can sense the heroin vibe emanating from the core of my being, or something. Like, I'm pretty sure he knows I'm an addict. We just never say it outright because we both know how the other feels about it. It's a communication without communicating. After all, he's my little bro. He knows drug use completely fucked up my life, and how much potential I am throwing away, he knows I am intelligent enough to recognize this on my own, and that it probably hurts him to see it as well. But we also both have the same opinion on our parents which is not exactly positive, I was thrown out of my house for smoking weed when I was an engineering student. I was on the run for years, it was fucking bullshit. Just for smoking some fucking joints. Anyways, it's almost like he can sense the heroin coursing through my veins, and I've talked to him a lot about it from a neutral perspective... he knows I know a lot about it and have a lot of opinions. Oh, and I know that he will never touch drugs after seeing what has become of me. That goes without saying too. It's a beautiful thing really - it's like he is the only one who knows I'm a junkie, and it just goes without saying, he is completely accepting of it and finds it interesting but would never go there himself, all of his drug experience he gets vicariously through me since I know he's a really curious guy and being a musician and all.

I can't get that first shot out of my mind. I shot 10mg, and it was wonderful. Fucking 10 milligrams, I have trouble getting a good hit off sniffing 30 or 40 milligrams of raw these days. I used 3ml, 27G syringes with 5/8" tips and I really liked that, I think I'd prefer it over the insulin ones just because there was a nice large barrel to hold steady even if it was only very, very slightly filled up with about half a cc of water. I wasn't going to miss. It kept me well for 6 hours but that's not what I remember. What I remember is how primal it was, how raw, what a sensual experience it was and how I'm missing that from my life. Biting the tourniquet and getting it nice and tight. My veins are huge from regular yoga and guitar playing. Prepping the shot, drawing it up, piercing my skin gently... and the register. The register was so beautiful in a dark, underworld kind of way. The colour of the blood surprised me and it was almost like brownian motion or some cool physics thing the way the solutions flowed together. It was truly beautiful and at that moment, when I registered, time ceased to exist. I knew I was in, the tourniquet was off, and I injected without feeling anything as it went in. A slight sting afterwards which my buddy from BL on the phone assured me was normal. I tiny red mark left over. Then 2 minutes later I'm still talking to him, and realize that I actually got high off that amount I'd normally not even feel. And it was like flicking a switch, looking back I was sick and miserable and down to my last 10 milligrams with no hope of getting more dope for at least 24 hours and I was honestly like fuck it, I'm shooting it. Then, within like 10 seconds I was normal, I was good. And there was even a bit of a headrush, very very slight due to the low dose but I can only imagine what it would be like with a proper dose. Ever since, I've been sniffing my dope, but I feel like it's just wasting it now.

I like the 15 minute creep of insufflated heroin, but it's just a couple things about iv that I loved. Getting well immediately was wonderful, and it's just the power of that crimson register. I just know that this is the last thing so many people just like me have ever seen in their lives, before plunging in an accidental overdose. It's such a powerful thing to me, that crimson register. I can see how the needle itself is very addictive, not even considering the heroin. I know that I've opened a door that I can't close ever again. I know how easy it is to do, how my veins are perfect for it. How I can save money at first, how I will save my nose which is hurting and full of cuts even with water sprays. It's really tough to go back to sniffing after experiencing something like that, even with a tenth of a point (which would equate to my normal 30 or 40mg insufflated dose... considering my nose is pretty fucked at this point and probably not absorbing ideally).

I'm trying to resist the temptation. About to snort a 50mg dose that I won't enjoy half as much as that shot 4 days ago. I can't get it out of my mind, I want to do it with a proper dose now that I have a half gram.

I am watching Martyrs, which was mentioned a little earlier in this thread. Pretty darn gruesome movie so far, and also fairly surprising.

Had a relative get barred from filling their CII script by a militant substitute pharmacist filling in for the cool one on vacation. She claimed that since he got the script filled 2 days early 2 months ago, that he had to wait 31 days before she would fill it and he should have 4 pills left. WTF? That kind of shit makes me want to go postal. The person receiving the meds was hit by a cement truck btw.

Had a relative get barred from filling their CII script by a militant substitute pharmacist filling in for the cool one on vacation. She claimed that since he got the script filled 2 days early 2 months ago, that he had to wait 31 days before she would fill it and he should have 4 pills left. WTF? That kind of shit makes me want to go postal. The person receiving the meds was hit by a cement truck btw.

Can he have the pharmacist call your doctor's office? I had something similar happen with a pharmacist who refused to fill a zolpidem prescription of all things. I had her call my doctor, and I was able to fill it the next day.

Honestly, I've tried filling my prescriptions early many times just out of convenience. If I'm already running errands by my pharmacy and im close to needing s refill, sometimes I check to see if they can fill it. It's ridiculous to get turned away for trying to fill a prescription early.

Can he have the pharmacist call your doctor's office? I had something similar happen with a pharmacist who refused to fill a zolpidem prescription of all things. I had her call my doctor, and I was able to fill it the next day.

Honestly, I've tried filling my prescriptions early many times just out of convenience. If I'm already running errands by my pharmacy and im close to needing s refill, sometimes I check to see if they can fill it. It's ridiculous to get turned away for trying to fill a prescription early.

The cool regular pharmacist will fill it at 28 days, sometimes even a day sooner. Tomorrow is day 31 and a Friday so she's just being a bi!&# to establish territory or dominance over the techs that were going to fill it and shrugged their shoulders when she said "NO, you can't have it till tomorrow!". The doctor will give out a script a week early as the patient is over 70 and was hit by a cement truck a while back, that and I'm sure he knows no one is going to fill a CII without a check of the electronic PDMP.

The cool regular pharmacist will fill it at 28 days, sometimes even a day sooner. Tomorrow is day 31 and a Friday so she's just being a bi!&# to establish territory or dominance over the techs that were going to fill it and shrugged their shoulders when she said "NO, you can't have it till tomorrow!". The doctor will give out a script a week early as the patient is over 70 and was hit by a cement truck a while back, that and I'm sure he knows no one is going to fill a CII without a check of the electronic PDMP.

Sorry I think I misunderstood your first post. I initially read that as the bitch pharmacist telling your relative that he had to wait an additional 30 days since he tried to fill it early which would have really grinded my gears. But that's still a really shitty, useless power grab. I hate the way criminalization and demonization of drugs has pretty mcuh skewed some people's opinions to look at all narcotics users as if they're criminals.

Sorry I think I misunderstood your first post. I initially read that as the bitch pharmacist telling your relative that he had to wait an additional 30 days since he tried to fill it early which would have really grinded my gears. But that's still a really shitty, useless power grab. I hate the way criminalization and demonization of drugs has pretty mcuh skewed some people's opinions to look at all narcotics users as if they're criminals.

In that case (of an extra 30 days) I would be on the news right now for killing pharma-cop, but if it were a bigger hassle then an extra day then I would tote him and his script around to several wallgreens till we found one that A: had the meds in stock(ms-contin) and B:would be willing to fill it. Last year I had to go to 17 different pharmacies to fill a Roxy 30 script. It was pathetic ,most the pharmacists would state that it was out of stock milliseconds after glancing at the script, or the techs would look at the pharmacists first and with out speaking a word to each other state that they couldn't fill it or it was probably out of stock, but never check. If I had a antibiotic script they would call around or tell me they could have it in a couple days.