• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The SO Piercing Questions & Discussion Mega-Thread

Thanks hun :)

Personally?? I would put a hoop on the lower industrial hole, and a barbell on the upper industrial hole. But that's just me. Put two hoops in and see what it looks like!
Re: stretching, I can't really comment cos I don't know that much about stretching, but I'm sure anything is possible :)

I'm sure it's possible to stretch it, but not without consequences. I mean, it's cartilage so it's going to hurt more and who knows if you'll be able to have it go back to normal size.

Why do you want to take the industrial out?

^ I don't want to take the industrial out--I've had it for five years and while the barbell looks cool, I'd like to try another look. :)

I do still have those other barbells (the green and the blue stripped one), but those are a pain in the ass to take in/out and get caught on things (and get infected/irritated) easily since they're much too long. Though hoops might get caught on things equally as easily... Hrm... :-/

Streching the cartilage is a good way to get cauliflower ear. I am not sure you can strech it without getting some disfigurement of the cartilage. you may be able to but I would suspect it would have to be done extremely slowly to where it could take many months to do it. I would ask a professional before you try to stretch that or your ear could end up looking like a baboon ass.

I do piercings and what not everyday at work. You can stretch anything. Just go from a 18g to a 16g wait 4 to 6 weeks. Yeah its a long time but you should wait because its your cartilage. You then can go to a 14g then to a 12g. Go slow and remember its the cartilage and not the lobe so you have more of a chance of complications. I see no need to go to that size but its your choice in the end. Good luck. Also when you stretch make sure to do it after you take a shower so its easier to do and you can use soap to help get it in. If its painful and bleeding...stop don't even attempt to continue it. If it works fine just clean it as if it is a new piercing. Don't forget that.

Streching the cartilage is a good way to get cauliflower ear. I am not sure you can strech it without getting some disfigurement of the cartilage. you may be able to but I would suspect it would have to be done extremely slowly to where it could take many months to do it. I would ask a professional before you try to stretch that or your ear could end up looking like a baboon ass.
Ew. The tiny bump I have from not taking adequate care of it for awhile is enough...

I do piercings and what not everyday at work. You can stretch anything. Just go from a 18g to a 16g wait 4 to 6 weeks. Yeah its a long time but you should wait because its your cartilage. You then can go to a 14g then to a 12g. Go slow and remember its the cartilage and not the lobe so you have more of a chance of complications. I see no need to go to that size but its your choice in the end. Good luck. Also when you stretch make sure to do it after you take a shower so its easier to do and you can use soap to help get it in. If its painful and bleeding...stop don't even attempt to continue it. If it works fine just clean it as if it is a new piercing. Don't forget that.
Thank you for the advice. :) I'm not going to take it, however, because of the post above yours. :p

Now, to find two small, silver, total closure, hypoallergenic hoops. LOL :)

You won't get that if you do the stretching correctly. Its just like when people stretch their lobes. They can do it the right way or they can do it the wrong way and blow out your ear. I just had a girl come in with a stretch cartilage and it was fine.. I even stretched mine when I had it because I was using a tongue ring bar in it. But in the end its your choice, not everyone is comfortable with doing body modifications themselves. A 14g or even a 12g isn't that big anyways.

By the way my advice is genuine and I'm not trying to fuck with you. Again the lounge is a whole different forum. I have had numerous piercings but retired most. Now I have 7 ear piercings, my lip, nose and tongue done.

By the way that tiny bump you got was most likely not from not taking care of it but just how your body healed. There are a lot of people who develop a bump on their cartilage which most likely could be just a small keloid. In time it should get smaller though.

^ I've had the bump for over three years. The redness has gone away (thankfully), and it has shrunk a little, but I think it is here to stay. :-/

And yes, I realize your advice's genuine, no worries. :) The Lounge, is indeed a very separate forum not to be taken seriously or elsewhere. ;)

I have had double ear piercings, my tragus, industrial, nose, tongue and nipples pierced at one point.
I currently have just my ears, nose, tongue, and nipples. I will say my tongue did not hurt getting pierced at all, it did start to hurt when it swelled a little but that is it.
My nipples did hurt to get pierced, not to bad but a decent amount of pain lol. Now all is healed and I love all my piercings. My tongue ring is awesome and it is fun to play with my mans penis with it. & my nipple rings feel great when sucked on, better sensation than pre piercings. Any questions about piercings feel free to ask. :)

I had my nipples pierced a few months back because I have always found them an erogenous zone. Love it. I find I play with them a lot, the feeling is so enhanced.
Little pain at the time but I am one who didn't think tattoos hurt....now I just need someone to suck them for me!

bonus? vibrating tongue studs etc...

Makes sensations heightened - feel of cold metal on skin etc.

Not really a big deal - try it out maybe, I wouldn't bother personally.

Tongue piercings (can) have there benifits (on both a guy and a girl) They feel good with oral sex, there fun to play with (even by yourself) and you can get different modifications for um to spice things up (ie Vibrating tongue studs ect.) which are always fun and welcome for both sexes :) if you dont like it or he doesnt you can always take um out anyway. Its worth a shot if your trying to spice things up even if you just want it for personal reasons :)

^ However, some caution needs to be exercised. Wearing a tongue ring has been known to separate / move teeth out of alignment (if you play with it or bite on it) and can also crack teeth if you bite it, like while you're chewing.

After wearing a tongue ring for more than three years, it wasn't worth the pain in my teeth. Even if the receiving end of my tongue liked it...

Tounge piercing

Going to get it soon..I think its sexy.But my SO Isnt crazy about it,Anyone think its trashy? i am not worried about the pain bc I have a high pain tolerance.I am a female,and I do not think it automatically dubs you as the bj queen.I am already good without it!

it's the most painless thing i ever done, and that includes nothing. nah, i don't think it's trashy, not unless you flash it every chance you get. you can easily hide it. back in my twenties, i had a custom gold stud in for years without my family ever seeing it.

Awesome.I've heard its one of the easiest piercings..hope I don't talk too stupid...teehee.I do not like it when ppl flash it around every chance they get..

they told me it's easy, and even still i didn't feel it go in at all. when they told me it was done, i literally lol'd with my tongue still in the clamp (which is the only uncomfortable part). having a swollen tongue for a few days is a bit tricky.

enjoy! :D

My tongue hurt for a week. The piercing itself did not hurt. But for the first five days afterward, I could hardly swallow and it hurt to even talk.

After that, it was right at home. OH and you might have a lisp for a short while. Just a warning.

I love it! Got it pierced Monday so today is day 3 and the swelling is coming down.I also laughed when the needle went through bc I couldn't believe she did it. I do have a slight lisp but Im adjusting.Im on liquids for a bit too bc Its too awkward and I fear Ill bite it...ouchy.When should I get the bar changed to the shorter one?

About two weeks in, you can switch it out to the shorter bar.

Also, please heed my warning: get the plastic balls. Do NOT stick with the metal ones. It hurts REALLY bad when you bite down on metal ones. Keep the metal bar, but please, for the sake of your teeth, switch to the plastic ball-endings.