• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Small & Handy 25T4-NBOMe Thread

That's 25G-NBOMe, I think. 25T4 is 4-isopropylthio NBOMePEA. (what a mouthful)
pk5544.png

A mouth full of irritated swollen gums apparently. Hopefully the NBOMe's are not going to put people in anaphylactic shocks or something. Like I said the 2C-X series seem to be able to do something curious immunologically and the NBOMe's are far more potent. Considering afaik this whole phenomenon has not yet been elucidated this could mean unpredictable things happening to your immune system.

That said, 2C-B is one that I've heard produce a bunch of mucus (and some other psychedelics even a purge of white sputum but that were tryptamines if I am not mistaken), and we have not yet heard of any sign that the halogenated NBOMe's are harmful in freaky ways (besides some adrenergic reactions). Right?......

Yeah ^ agreed the one above in CH's post is 25G. Can you even imagine 25T21-NBOMe? What an absurd creature that might be, at the very least the very heteroatomic structure. Quite likely it isnt potent though.

When I take blotters with 25D I had very similar effects but the only reaction was swollen gums .
In case of my friends the symptomps were significantly stronger .It does not look too good
I noticed that effects appears in higher doses

A mouth full of irritated swollen gums apparently. Hopefully the NBOMe's are not going to put people in anaphylactic shocks or something. Like I said the 2C-X series seem to be able to do something curious immunologically and the NBOMe's are far more potent. Considering afaik this whole phenomenon has not yet been elucidated this could mean unpredictable things happening to your immune system.

That said, 2C-B is one that I've heard produce a bunch of mucus (and some other psychedelics even a purge of white sputum but that were tryptamines if I am not mistaken), and we have not yet heard of any sign that the halogenated NBOMe's are harmful in freaky ways (besides some adrenergic reactions). Right?......

You say that, but Harmaline looks to be capapble of inducing a rise in histamine levels, and people have been using gargantuan amounts for millenia. I think DOI actually causes a reduction in immune system response (or something like that, for any biologist types who want to elaborate).
http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/327/2/316

Last edited:
DOI is active as a supressor of tumor necrosis factor so I guess you might even call it an anti-inflammatory.

I think either a vanillioid interaction or some other ion channel/TAAR sort of reaction is responsible; either that or it's just the nature of phenethylamines to be skin irritants. I think the latter is probably the case, from what I've gathered (meth)amphetamine, MDMA, etc. are all fairly irritating to mucus membranes.

I wonder what the pKa(s) of these NBOMes are.

^Yeah, TNF inhibition.

I saw some discussion of the vanilloid action of these phenethylamines in another thread recently. I don't see it being a problem for people with heightened allergic response, unless you're allergic to capsaicin.

Nobody will really know until someone runs even more ion channel/receptor tests with all these phens.

I find it a bit hasty to call any sort of irritation from foreign chemicals an "allergic reaction". Amine salts are irritating in general, I thought? And moreover, wouldn't ingestion of an agent so potent an allergen to cause incredible pain upon contact surely result in large-scale anaphylactic shock? Even the histamine release from codeine is more worthy of being called an allergy - and it's still not immunoglobin-mediated.

#$%^&ing picomolar?!

I think DOI actually causes a reduction in immune system response
http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/327/2/316

5-HT2A receptor stimulation with ...(R)-DOI rapidly inhibits a variety of TNF-α-mediated proinflammatory markers...with IC50 values of only 10 to 20 pM.

Holy crap.

10-20 picomolar?!

That is serious business. I guess the NBOMe would do this as well, as they ascribe the effect generally to 5HT2A activation.