• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction The Safer Injecting Handbook - MUST-READ BEFORE YOU INJECT DRUGS!!!

Also tapered, you remember barbiturates, here I thought I was old. They use to try to warn us back in the early 90's with out of date anti drug films. We were like what the hell is a barbiturate? Then there were all the slang terms for weird hippie Era drugs. So extacy is ok, but it it ain't on the list. I still don't know what a red or a black beauty is.

Hexenstahl, you don't know what a Britiish person is: I guess they really do heavily censor the history books in Germany
Oh man...it was supposed to be a joke Jnowhere. Our history books do get censored but not in regards to britain but in a completely different direction (and since talking about THAT will land me in jail here in Germany, I can't say what it is).

I heard a man went to jail for a year for teaching his dog a certain salute, when he heard a certain 2 words

They had to do with a past leader, I know that was a joke and I don't want to get you in trouble.

It is weird in America, the left will not shut up about every unsavory thing that went on in our history. We are practically told to hate our country

The Safer Injecting Handbook has been the definitive user's guide, to reducing harm related to injecting for 20 years.

Completely re-illustrated by Michael Linnell, a fully revised and updated 8th edition was published in October 2015. This 9th edition was published in July 2017, further updated to reduce the level of warning about filters, mixing water, and spoons, which have been shown to be a much lower HCV risk than previously thought.

Giving the latest information on everything from vein collapse to hepatitis C, and cleaning used injecting equipment, to deep vein thrombosis, the handbook is essential reading for all injecting drug users, and everyone working with injecting drug users.
I keep recommending Exchange Supplies to everyone, they're excellent.

"bruv" means brother, right? I think I'm starting to understand the strange species known as "brits" a little bit better. Must research these creatures more carefully...

P.S.: is your weather really as depressing as stereotypes make it seem like?
yes, UK weather is every bit as depressing as the stereotypes seem. famously in London when there is a sunny day you will get every square inch of a nice outdoor surface like a park covered in people trying to catch the sun lol.

yes, UK weather is every bit as depressing as the stereotypes seem. famously in London when there is a sunny day you will get every square inch of a nice outdoor surface like a park covered in people trying to catch the sun lol.
I still love the Garbage song" Only Happy When it Rains". I wonder if Ze Fraulein is a spy helping to plan another invasion?

The Safer Injecting Handbook has been the definitive user's guide, to reducing harm related to injecting for 20 years.

Completely re-illustrated by Michael Linnell, a fully revised and updated 8th edition was published in October 2015. This 9th edition was published in July 2017, further updated to reduce the level of warning about filters, mixing water, and spoons, which have been shown to be a much lower HCV risk than previously thought.

Giving the latest information on everything from vein collapse to hepatitis C, and cleaning used injecting equipment, to deep vein thrombosis, the handbook is essential reading for all injecting drug users, and everyone working with injecting drug users.
I love this so much, and it fills my heart with so much joy to know something as comprehensive as this is available to the public, and I hope it circulates widely. As someone who had three open heart surgeries and a pacemaker due to a lack of knowledge, I love what you're doing. Keep up the good work; you're helping so many by raising awareness and educating!

I love this so much, and it fills my heart with so much joy to know something as comprehensive as this is available to the public, and I hope it circulates widely. As someone who had three open heart surgeries and a pacemaker due to a lack of knowledge, I love what you're doing. Keep up the good work; you're helping so many by raising awareness and educating!
Thank you Deru. I wish you had access to this knowledge earlier in life. It would have avoided the adverse health impact on you. Have you recovered by now?

Thank you Deru. I wish you had access to this knowledge earlier in life. It would have avoided the adverse health impact on you. Have you recovered by now?
It was the absolute hardest thing I ever had to do. I was addicted to opioids starting with OxyContin at the age of 17 which ultimately led to heroin (queue one of the Netflix Purdue Pharma opioid epidemics scenes). Once I started injecting I went from barely maintaining functional addiction to a hurricane immediately destroying my life. At one point before my third open heart surgery, I was still having my dealer come to the hospital and injecting it straight into my PICC line. Endocartis once alone from MRSA is a hell no one should have to face. It's bizarre - it all seems like someone else's life. I started becoming fascinated with pharmacology and anatomy and that led me to get my GED at the age of 33 after being a high school dropout since 17. I'm now going for my Bachelor of Science in Biophysics with a 4.0 GPA and belong to multiple societies and honors programs. I couldn't even walk for over a year from so much pain and one of the major nerves being cut during my second OHS (I still have absolutely no feeling in my inner thigh) and I just kept studying anatomy, the musculoskeletal system, kinesiology, biomechanics and spent one torturous day after another pushing myself at the gym to rebuild my body. I will dedicate the rest of my life to pursuing science to help this world in one way or another because this website and the science are what ultimately saved me. It is wild for me to try to reconcile it all sometimes. Harm reduction is a beautiful, life-saving thing. Keep up the good work!

It's a crying shame the heroin inU. K doesn't dissolve in just water with heat you need to add acid so they give out ascorbic acid at exchanges that's what's f d my veins not the dope

It's a crying shame the heroin inU. K doesn't dissolve in just water with heat you need to add acid so they give out ascorbic acid at exchanges that's what's f d my veins not the dope
Ascorbic acid is a very weak acid. Sure it's not exactly healthy to shoot up asco but it's not what fucked up your veins. American fixers got damaged veins too and they don't add any acid since it dissolves readily in water due to the HCl in it. Veins get damaged due to overpuncturing. Our veins aren't made to handle daily injections, especially multiple times a day.

Ascorbic acid is a very weak acid. Sure it's not exactly healthy to shoot up asco but it's not what fucked up your veins. American fixers got damaged veins too and they don't add any acid since it dissolves readily in water due to the HCl in it. Veins get damaged due to overpuncturing. Our veins aren't made to handle daily injections, especially multiple times a day.
I know you are mad at me, but that is great advice, I have read some of the really horrible things people have tried injecting, like crushed up benadryl and some other really stupid, and destructive and life treating things people, I am trying to be nice, that are potentially deadly and many times destroying not just the veins but causing life altering damage. I am not pro drug use but if people are going to use IV drugs, then they should be careful and not cause permanent damage or kill themselves( not even talking about overdosing) so I agree that if people are going to shoot drugs, they should not be stupid about it. People get clean, but some of the, not very well informed( I am trying to be civil) things people can do, can kill or cause other permanent damage to the user unnecessarily. So educating people who are going to do it anyways, is a good public service that can save lives, as well as preventing irreversible damage to the user. I am not condoning IV drug use, but you are right about the harm reduction aspects.
It is good to see that at least someone really cares, because after all, we are talking about human lives. And all because they use IV drugs, doesn't mean their life is any less valuable.

It's designed to be smoked.

I understand that their is white heroin hydrochloride but it's a small market with much higher prices and the dealers will only sell grams - a gram costing £120-£150 (more unless you are a regular). In fact most of it's user base prefer to snort it, but the important detail is that the hydrochloride salt is very water soluble. I believe much of it is smuggled in from Singapore.

I don't KNOW, but I suspect that the law in Singapore being so strict (>30g of heroin carrying the death sentence) means that their is a much stronger incentive to ensure that a smaller mass of product will produce the maximum profit margin.

If you ever come across it, don't presume it's potency will be similar to brown smoking heroin. White heroin is generally >90% pure with a little caffeine added so, technically, it can be smoked (although vaporized is a more accurate term since their is no smoke).

If you have ever come across a dry-amp of medical diamorphine - SE Asian white heroin looks identical (at least I couldn't tell the difference).

Of course dry amps DO turn up on the street on occasion. I have to say that being pure and sterile doesn't appear to make them a sought after or particularly valuable product.

I know you are mad at me
It takes a lot, and I really mean A LOT for me to remain mad at someone. There is only one person here to which that applies, but I have long forgotten our little "quarrel" so don't be hard on yourself. I'm glad you got something out of my advice.

I do not use IV drugs but if people do they should do it as safely as possible. Human lives and limbs are lost to ignorance of how to use properly.
But I do not condone it, but people are going to go what they want. They should then do it as safe as possible, if that make sense. It is nice to know you are not an angry, bitter person. Something I need to work on

Last edited:
Well I have noted that most long-standing H users in the UK end up smoking it. Most if not all wen through a period of injecting, but those that survived ALL seem to have switched back to smoking it.

When done properly, it's quite difficult to OD if H is smoked properly. That's the danger of these nitazenes. Unless properly cut into an appropriate carrier, even smoking could result in an overdose.

That's why sane chemists consider any opioid too potent to eyeball is just too potent. In truth, it's a MUCH better idea to produce tablets. While crushing and snorting is hardly healthful, at least it's a known amount of active.

It's designed to be smoked.

I understand that their is white heroin hydrochloride but it's a small market with much higher prices and the dealers will only sell grams - a gram costing £120-£150 (more unless you are a regular). In fact most of it's user base prefer to snort it, but the important detail is that the hydrochloride salt is very water soluble. I believe much of it is smuggled in from Singapore.

I don't KNOW, but I suspect that the law in Singapore being so strict (>30g of heroin carrying the death sentence) means that their is a much stronger incentive to ensure that a smaller mass of product will produce the maximum profit margin.

If you ever come across it, don't presume it's potency will be similar to brown smoking heroin. White heroin is generally >90% pure with a little caffeine added so, technically, it can be smoked (although vaporized is a more accurate term since their is no smoke).

If you have ever come across a dry-amp of medical diamorphine - SE Asian white heroin looks identical (at least I couldn't tell the difference).

Of course dry amps DO turn up on the street on occasion. I have to say that being pure and sterile doesn't appear to make them a sought after or particularly valuable product.
Mmm, I'd of thought the purity in "china white" would be high.
That nickname makes sense I thought it came from the far east, the brown afghan heroin is actually heroin in freebase form, nowhere near the potency of faar Eastern dope, but being freebase it smokes (vapes) really well.

Mmm, I'd of thought the purity in "china white" would be high.
That nickname makes sense I thought it came from the far east, the brown afghan heroin is actually heroin in freebase form, nowhere near the potency of faar Eastern dope, but being freebase it smokes (vapes) really well.
South East Asia eh? wonder if they'd mind one more drug tourist with my fat UK currency lol
Got. Any that white dope? "Yes yes stwong dope, u od, best dope buy now"