• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery The Recovery Thread (2022)

I still have paws but I have been taking the minimum amount of medicine for pain but I am recovered from pain medication. As a whole and somewhat, I am pretty sure this time.

Sometimes I will take a small amount of gabapentin to help me function but only periodically. I don't have a big supply anyway.

I hope I make it if I have to run out of medication and things get very uncomfortable with everything that I am going through pain wise and also learning to live with limited supplies of pain medications just to feel a little better and at least function well too.

Pain still is such an issue.

Depending on what your issue is, you may not want to immediately go drug free. These drugs do exist for a reason, they help with pain. The problem is we often abuse them or use them for emotional pain. Now if you have a serious chronic pain condition, you need a bit of hope even if that hope comes out of a cope.

It is not that hard to obtain gabapentin and similar drugs. I'm not encouraging this. In my country if you go to a doctor they will give you this stuff for free but it may not be the same where you are.

PAWS are a terrible nightmare that lasts for ages. I have sympathy but no solutions for this one

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did a massive Christmas party for my wife's family. Not drinking was really hard today. I had to leave after a couple of hours. Was very tempted to give in and have a drink. I think my wife would've preferred me to have a beer if that meant I was going to stay... but there are always going to be temptations. I need to stick to the plan, if I'm going to get this monkey off my back.

Things are getting better. It would've been impossible to attend an event like this sober a couple of years ago.

I've been dissecting my social anxiety over the past couple of months and I think I know how to fix it now.

I feel a little bad for leaving the Christmas party, but everyone was drinking. Even some of the kids were drinking.

I drove straight back home and had some weed-infused MCT tincture.

Feel like a bit of a failure now.

Nobody ever understands. They just think I'm an asshole and I don't like them.

Merry christmas and happy new year everyone :)

I am still alive :)

and what a year its been.

finished the year with a HD average over all subjects landed a 5 grand internship that is reserved for the last year of your masters in my first year of my degree.

went to sea sharking on the tasman sea for near a month :)

came back and landed a job as a chef at la porchetta.

started internship developing a web portal with full pos integration, 6 servers and heaven forbid zapier madness through out linking to a home office.

nailed multiple programming languages so I can read and write them easily.

and brought back a heap of shark teeth for all the kids in my class next year.

this years objective is all of bach's lute suites on guitar recorded and put up on youtube

and to start my own hosting service.

as rhodium said result is directly proportional to effort applied.

hope your all well keep on keeping on :)

all my love

matt.

Just did a massive Christmas party for my wife's family. Not drinking was really hard today. I had to leave after a couple of hours. Was very tempted to give in and have a drink. I think my wife would've preferred me to have a beer if that meant I was going to stay... but there are always going to be temptations. I need to stick to the plan, if I'm going to get this monkey off my back.

Things are getting better. It would've been impossible to attend an event like this sober a couple of years ago.

I've been dissecting my social anxiety over the past couple of months and I think I know how to fix it now.

I feel a little bad for leaving the Christmas party, but everyone was drinking. Even some of the kids were drinking.

I drove straight back home and had some weed-infused MCT tincture.

Feel like a bit of a failure now.

Nobody ever understands. They just think I'm an asshole and I don't like them.
ye staying of the grog and sticking to the weed was the best thing I could do.

I still drink a little but only to alleviate muscle or joint pain and never to relax now.

was not easy stopping but well worth it in the end.

well done christmas is a hard one :)

Seven months and six days since my last drink. When did I start counting? I keep looking at the calendar. Time is crawling now. The next 146 days is going to be much harder than the first 219 days. Why do I set myself such extreme goals? I have to keep going. I'm sick of failure. I've switched from daily weed use to two/three days a week.. which isn't helping cravings. I need to distract myself, or something. Need to get this monkey off my back.

Really never thought that I'd make it this far and be content and happy with life ever. First three years were pretty f****** hopeless I don't even know where the strengths even came from to do any of that. I do know one thing though there's no amount of money in this universe that would make me want to go through that ever again. On days that I'm not feeling so hot I come here and I talked about it gives me some semblance of professional help. I appreciate you guys.

I have been lately having some very minor wave, I wish it is the last. It is barely noticeable, only feeling little ill and chilly.
Also nightmares last night, and not your regular kind, but that manicly disturbing bullshit. At least there were kittens, even though they told that they don't want to be adopted, but roam free outside. :/

Is there a 2023 Recovery thread? If so, I'd love to participate as I'm currently detoxing/withdrawing from Heroin. Very thankful for all the wonderful people here on BL.

Reactions: Ds
Is there a 2023 Recovery thread? If so, I'd love to participate as I'm currently detoxing/withdrawing from Heroin. Very thankful for all the wonderful people here on BL.
Good call, new one can be found here:
:)

I'll slowly let this mosey its way down a bit before archiving.