Mental Health The Rant Thread Vs. Really? How Does That Make You Feel?

I'm too tired of it to say much (I've dealt with two tonight) but I really really fucking hate cowards, especially male ones. As girls we were led to believe you were the strong, brave ones. Well what a myth that was!!

Of course #notallmen (and I'm sick of using that disclaimer in case some of you get offended), but in the words of one of my male friends tonight "he's a little bitch".

However, there really is nothing better than when the likes of Henry Rollins speaks for us 😘

This is what courage and strength look like:

Backing your words would made one more analogy from Christian mytology-Crucifixion.The ultimate event.There were only women followers of Christ.His mother-Mother Mary,another Mary,who is probable mother of some of the disciples and "his favourite disciple"as describe it the Gospels.Who is that favour disciple nobody knows,but there is a religion scholars who said,that could be Mary Magdalen....the women are the first who saw the miracle of ressurection visiting the grave early morning the other day.

I think the title of this thread is kind of ironic. Makes me feel like laughing, man. That said, I feel like I'm on a precipice of sorts. Hope for the best and all that jazz.
I'm glad the thread title got some emotion out of you. Honestly, I was kind of poking fun at a therapist I had two years ago who would ask me to share something personal then literally ask me how it physically made me feel. It got to the point where I was almost allowing the power of suggestion to make me feel something I didn't actually feel just to shut him up. Like, he lived the cliche we usually reserve for Hollywood and such.

I'm glad the thread title got some emotion out of you. Honestly, I was kind of poking fun at a therapist I had two years ago who would ask me to share something personal then literally ask me how it physically made me feel. It got to the point where I was almost allowing the power of suggestion to make me feel something I didn't actually feel just to shut him up. Like, he lived the cliche we usually reserve for Hollywood and such.
Omfg I just had a flashback!!! When I was being really badly bullied in grade school my mum took me to a therapist. I didn't really know why I was there or what to say/talk about. I felt really awkward and nervous and embarrassed cos I froze and couldn't think of anything to say 😄

After using iOS pretty much exclusively for a few years, Windows is so incredibly shit in my opinion. Technology should be efficient and make life easier.. Windows is just so "unintuitive".

For example, connecting a Bluetooth device took me a while because the control was not where I thought it would be, and I'm not stupid or lacking in common sense.

The best adjective I can think of for Windows is "fiddly". Well, that's when it's not doing updates which take half a day. Then it's just downright useless.

Omfg I just had a flashback!!! When I was being really badly bullied in grade school my mum took me to a therapist. I didn't really know why I was there or what to say/talk about. I felt really awkward and nervous and embarrassed cos I froze and couldn't think of anything to say, so I just made up that I was scared of heights just so that the therapist had something to "help me" with 😄

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

After using iOS pretty much exclusively for a few years, Windows is so incredibly shit in my opinion. Technology should be efficient and make life easier.. Windows is just so "unintuitive".

For example, connecting a Bluetooth device took me a while because the control was not where I thought it would be, and I'm not stupid or lacking in common sense.

The best adjective I can think of for Windows is "fiddly". Well, that's when it's not doing updates which take half a day. Then it's just downright useless.
I'm the opposite. Having used Windows since it came out, I have the exact same problem when I try to use an apple device.

The updates can be a little annoying but I've never had one take half a day. What type of internet connection do you use?

I'm the opposite. Having used Windows since it came out, I have the exact same problem when I try to use an apple device.

The updates can be a little annoying but I've never had one take half a day. What type of internet connection do you use?

I've only got mobile broadband. But it's just the design of the OS.. Apple designed its stuff for technological retards 😉

I'm not really that (been using computers since the early 80s with dad) but I get so angry I feel like throwing things across the room.

That Windows laptop I was on last night once locked me out and it took Dad and I two hours to get in. He worked in IT for 40 years!! I had to google things on my phone as well to help. He agreed it was ridiculous, though he uses Windows (and iOS and Android).

I'm going to buy an Android tablet soon because iPads are just too expensive. I've used that on phones and it's ok. But iOS is so slick and user-friendly I reckon.

I've only got mobile broadband. But it's just the design of the OS.. Apple designed its stuff for technological retards 😉

I'm not really that (been using computers since the early 80s with dad) but I get so angry I feel like throwing things across the room.

That Windows laptop I was on last night once locked me out and it took Dad and I two hours to get in. He worked in IT for 40 years!! I had to google things on my phone as well to help. He agreed it was ridiculous, though he uses Windows (and iOS and Android).

I'm going to buy an Android tablet soon because iPads are just too expensive. I've used that on phones and it's ok. But iOS is so slick and user-friendly I reckon.
Is mobile broadband where you use your cell phone as a hotspot? That's prolly your window update time issue right there.

I once had a android tablet and later on was forced to use an ipad at work. Honestly the ipad was a lot better and less glitchy.

Is mobile broadband where you use your cell phone as a hotspot? That's prolly your window update time issue right there.

I once had a android tablet and later on was forced to use an ipad at work. Honestly the ipad was a lot better and less glitchy.

Well I hotspot to my phone but you can get "dongles" which are better. The update issue is just it takes so long and patience is not my strong suit.

*sigh* now you make me want an iPad! I do have one but it's pretty much obsolete.

I need to sell my damn house.. (Not just to buy an iPad lol).

So that goddamned asshole Alex Jones is gonna be fined--- but not nearly enough. He's hiding tens of millions of dollars that the victims of his conspiracy theories will never see.
These parents not only lost their children in a horrible school shooting, they've been harassed by Jones fans ever since--- even getting multiple death threats.
No punishment is enough for this sociopathic idiot.

So that goddamned asshole Alex Jones is gonna be fined--- but not nearly enough. He's hiding tens of millions of dollars that the victims of his conspiracy theories will never see.
These parents not only lost their children in a horrible school shooting, they've been harassed by Jones fans ever since--- even getting multiple death threats.
Maybe the DOJ will give him a little more justice once the Jan 6 committee obtains his cell phone records. One can only hope.

Honestly I am so over my autism. I figured out today why some people just seem to not like me despite not really interacting with me and I remembered that my best friend wrote in a support letter for the NDIS that I have a very 'stilted' manner of communication. This applies to both my written and verbal communication, and is something that is common in higher level autism diagnoses. It is a result of the communication difficulties that result from the condition.

People sometimes ask me how I'm not level 1 with how well I write. Well actually, that is precisely what makes me level 3, really. And it's the presence of this trait that makes it so fucking difficult for me to make friends and manage friendships when feelings are involved.

I once showed a screenshot text conversation to a friend so that he could help me by pointing out what I did wrong. He said I was annoyed and it made me seem entitled. I stated I wasn't annoyed, but confused.

Everyone else I showed the screenshot to read me as being very confused. It was only the first friend who put a personal context on the situation that didn't really apply to the reality, then push an emotion on to me that I wasn't feeling, and subsequently denied me maintaining that it wasn't true, as if he knew better.

I know how I feel, with a little bit of help. I know when an emotion is *not* right, that's for sure.

So the reason people get annoyed before they properly speak to me is because the silted manner especially in writing without tone comes across as extremely condescending and because they don't know I'm autistic and I just talk like this and always have, they assume I'm being an asshole when it really isn't the case.

There are some occasions that I have been an asshole and I can't hide behind the autism for that, but more often than not it's this reason.

Yee-fuckin-haw!
He got over 45 million in punitive damages, so nearly 50 million total. He has plenty more than that, but it's gotta hurt a little bit.
And he has 2 more lawsuits pending.

Honestly I am so over my autism. I figured out today why some people just seem to not like me despite not really interacting with me and I remembered that my best friend wrote in a support letter for the NDIS that I have a very 'stilted' manner of communication. This applies to both my written and verbal communication, and is something that is common in higher level autism diagnoses. It is a result of the communication difficulties that result from the condition.

People sometimes ask me how I'm not level 1 with how well I write. Well actually, that is precisely what makes me level 3, really. And it's the presence of this trait that makes it so fucking difficult for me to make friends and manage friendships when feelings are involved.

I once showed a screenshot text conversation to a friend so that he could help me by pointing out what I did wrong. He said I was annoyed and it made me seem entitled. I stated I wasn't annoyed, but confused.

Everyone else I showed the screenshot to read me as being very confused. It was only the first friend who put a personal context on the situation that didn't really apply to the reality, then push an emotion on to me that I wasn't feeling, and subsequently denied me maintaining that it wasn't true, as if he knew better.

I know how I feel, with a little bit of help. I know when an emotion is *not* right, that's for sure.

So the reason people get annoyed before they properly speak to me is because the silted manner especially in writing without tone comes across as extremely condescending and because they don't know I'm autistic and I just talk like this and always have, they assume I'm being an asshole when it really isn't the case.

There are some occasions that I have been an asshole and I can't hide behind the autism for that, but more often than not it's this reason.
I don't have autism so there is really not much I can do to understand the daily struggle you must deal with regarding communication, among other challenges.

If I may share a brief story.... When I was in undergrad I had a roommate who loved to play devil's advocate and debate all of my ideas whether he disagreed with me or even agreed. It almost got to be a game where we would sit there and smoke weed and argue with each other for no other reason than just to argue. It did not affect our friendship but this behavior kind of rubbed off on me and in future friendships and relationships, I would sometimes find myself playing devil's advocate for no reason yet in these instances there was no "gentleman's agreement" that we were debating for fun. On the contrary, when someone was intellectually and emotionally invested in a certain topic, sometimes arguing with them about it can actually be damaging to the relationship. Of course it took me years to catch on that I was coming across as an asshole even though I simply saw it as entertainment.

My point is that I learned we don't always have to be right about something. In other words, when we find ourselves engaging with someone about some subject and there is genuine disagreement, sometimes it is better to just "agree to disagree" in order to salvage the relationship rather than beat a dead horse over what? An idea? I still struggle with this especially with political topics with friends and family (and strangers on BL). I found that sometimes being right all the time sort of comes off as being an asshole even though that was not the intention.

Like I said, I can in no way comprehend the autistic aspects of communicating and conveying opinions and points of view over certain matters. I'm just going by what I've witnessed here on BL where I've seen you get into debates with others. I never thought you were being an asshole but I am also empathetic to your situation because I've had friends who are autistic and I know they sometimes have difficulties getting their point across concisely. I don't really have much advice for you other than to maybe ease up on "being right" and sometimes just concede that two parties disagree and neither will change their mind so might as well move on to bigger and better things elsewhere in the neighborhood. I hope I'm not coming across as condescending myself, just trying to give an outsider's perspective to the situation.

One of the best AND WORST things about being on Twitter is seeing what's trending.

I don't turn my TV on unless I'm watching a tennis grand slam men's final or something. But I see what ppl are tweeting about and tonight I discovered a show called The Masked Singer. That looks fantastic 😒

#MKR was also in there and I forgot what the fuck that stood for. My Kitchen Rules. I don't think I've seen that in my life and couldn't care less about.

How does that make me feel?

It's beginning to make me feel a lot like Charlton Heston.. Stranded on a primate planet.

One of the best AND WORST things about being on Twitter is seeing what's trending.

I don't turn my TV on unless I'm watching a tennis grand slam men's final or something. But I see what ppl are tweeting about and tonight I discovered a show called The Masked Singer. That looks fantastic 😒

#MKR was also in there and I forgot what the fuck that stood for. My Kitchen Rules. I don't think I've seen that in my life and couldn't care less about.

How does that make me feel?

It's beginning to make me feel a lot like Charlton Heston.. Stranded on a primate planet.
I don't watch TV at all except during (American) football season, college and NFL.

I've never watched it but I remember seeing on my newsfeed how Ken Jeong, one of the judges of Masked Singer, walked off the set when it was revealed that scumbag Rudy Giuliani was one of the masked singers. If I were in your shoes, I'd stick with the tennis and nothing else :LOL:

I know how you feel. Like all my life when I was about to go to work, people usually family would say, "Don't work too hard." Well does that mean I shouldn't work hard or that I should work hard as some kind of reverse psychology. Still haven't figured this out.
I take it to mean that you shouldn't overdo it (especially if said in a concerned voice) OR that they're indicating they believe you to be lazy.

You know best yourself whether you tend to be either a slacker or work yourself into the ground, and so which meaning is likely to apply.

I take it to mean that you shouldn't overdo it (especially if said in a concerned voice) OR that they're indicating they believe you to be lazy.

You know best yourself whether you tend to be either a slacker or work yourself into the ground, and so which meaning is likely to apply.
Thanks for your input.

That's the kicker, I see myself as inherently lazy in that I usually seek the path of least resistance. However I've heard people say "work smarter not harder" as if being more efficient is a positive thing. My dad especially used to call me out for 'half ass' completing tasks.

That being said, even though I feel my family may think I'm lazy, nearly every boss I've ever had commended me on being a hard worker. Or even worse, given me extra work because they know I'm a hard worker.

So I'm still torn :roll eyes:

Yeah, I can relate.
In the past, if I went to a clinic or a hospital for ANY REASON and I mentioned that I was an alcoholic--- well, the doctor would immediately go deaf to anything else I had to say. I was simply seen as an irresponsible, lying drunk who wasn't worth anybody's trouble.
I learned to omit that detail about myself and was thereafter treated like a human being.
Absolutely!! I've had so many experiences like that aaarrgh!, like the one time I was admitted to hospital with acute pancreatitis and they saw the track marks, I overheard a discussion between the male nurse and the consultant doctor which they were whispering within earshot thinking I couldn't hear, to the effect of 'we can't give him any morphine the guy's an addict'.

I was like what -?! For one, a couple paracetamol is not exactly gonna do it for this level of pain, for another at my threshold of tolerance a standard therapeutic dose is not gonna get me high. I'm not IN the fucking hospital to try and get high, I just want to be pain - free. And if not wanting to suffer unnecessary pain is going to be labelled as 'drug-seeking' then yeah I guess I'm drug-seeking alongside the rest of the human race. And for a third, what the fuck do you think you're trying to prevent by not giving me morphine? That I might decide that I like it a bit too much? DON'T YOU RECKON THAT PROVERBIAL HORSE HASN'T ALREADY BOLTED OVER THE VERY DISTANT HORIZON ??...

Also there was this time I accompanied my mate to his GP and he couldn't describe his symptoms very well so he just said he felt generally sick all over. To which instead of more detailed questions or an examination the response was, 'of course you're sick, you're a junkie. What do you expect me to do about it'. Wtf.
(later a different doctor who acted like a proper damn professional diagnosed hep C and prescribed the appropriate treatment.)

Last edited: