Mental Health The Rant Thread Vs. Really? How Does That Make You Feel?

my tortoise is a lil pig, eats more salad than i do, lays around sunning his self, walks around with this lackadaisical attitude and doesnt care about the price of wrinkle cream, i work hard every day and come home to no dinner, no foot rubs, just him banging at the doggy door all entitled, wait till 40 years from now and he has to move out into the real world
My coworker used to have a tortoise. No matter what enclosure it was in, however big or small, all it ever did was walk along the wall in circles trying to find a way to escape.

My coworker used to have a tortoise. No matter what enclosure it was in, however big or small, all it ever did was walk along the wall in circles trying to find a way to escape.
mines got a huge yard, a 2 foot tunnel dug, and swear he just wants in the house, i let him in but he just want to use it for a toilet most the time, hmmm maybe he doesnt want to mess up his house, its all beyond me, but thats all i got to rant about.....grrrrr this living in gratitude is aggravating......miss yah jer, keep up the good work

Sorry to hear about all that. It must be frustrating to have someone who is supposed to support you accuse you of lying and constantly question something you have no control over. I didn't quite follow your 2 out of 5 comment. Does that mean 2 out of 5 support workers at the agency are able to help you? Will you be able to get another support worker soon?

No, just 2 out of the 5 workers are from the agency which only employs LGBT workers. Another one is gay, the other two are strong allies. But I would rather hire my replacement from the same agency as the 2 LGBT workers because I've gotten along the best with them out of all my workers and they have been the most professional and appropriate for my needs.

The agency actually had closed their books when I messaged them asking if they could take me on as a client by following up with an earlier email I sent when I first got my funding but then didn't go ahead with them and when I told them about two horrible experiences I had with cisgender straight independent support workers they were so apalled they they agreed to take me on even with closed books because as a transgender participant I need a unique type of care which is tailored to my needs.

This will probably get buried, but I don't care. My rant is that I'm waiting for my divorce decree (signed papers saying it's officially done.) I'm losing my mind. I have mental health issues, so this divorce has taken a toll. I have no real support system and my therapist won't get back to me about an appointment. I currently don't have money to move, but my soon to be ex said they would give me money (like one lump sum) so that I can get on my feet and move but that's taking forever. I'm just really tired. I'm trying to keep it together on my own. I'm tired of just relying on myself, it gets so fuckin' tiring.

I have online work but that's not bringing in the amount of money that I need. I got an offer for a job and I turned it down cuz I really didn't want to do it. Now I have a another offer for a different job and I will probably just take it if it's offered to me. I'm so fuckin' lonely.

I can't begin to tell people what really went on in my marriage. It feels so isolating.

I have someone that I can sort of talk to sometimes, but they're going through their own thing and they can't be there for me like I need somebody to be there for me. I'm there for everybody else at the drop of a hat... No one's there for me.

The other thing is I'm not keeping it a secret, I've told people that needed to know, friends and family, but the ex hasn't told a soul yet. I feel like it's so f****** stupid. Why don't you just tell people get it out the way? I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, what this person is doing and at this point I just don't f****** care.

Edited for grammar.

Last edited:
This will probably get buried, but I don't care. My rant is that I'm waiting for my divorce decree (signed papers saying it's officially done.) I'm losing my mind. I have mental health issues, so this divorce has taken a toll. I have no real support system and my therapist won't get back to me about an appointment. I currently don't have money to move, but my soon to be ex said they would give me money (like one lump sum) so that I can get on my feet and move but that's taking forever. I'm just really tired. I'm trying to keep it together on my own. I'm tired of just relying on myself, it gets so fuckin' tiring.

I have online work but that's not bringing in the amount of money that I need. I got an offer for a job and I turned it down cuz I really didn't want to do it. Now I have a another offer for a different job and I will probably just take it if it's offered to me. I'm so fuckin' lonely.

I can't begin to tell people what really went on in my marriage. It feels so isolating.

I have someone that I can sort of talk to sometimes, but they're going through their own thing and they can't be there for me like I need somebody to be there for me. I'm there for everybody else at the drop of a hat... No one's there for me.

The other thing is I'm not keeping it a secret, I've told people that needed to know, friends and family, but the ex hasn't told a soul yet. I feel like it's so f****** stupid. Why don't you just tell people get it out the way? I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, what this person is doing and at this point I just don't f****** care.

Edited for grammar.
I'm really sorry you are going through this. My first thought is to see if there is any way you can find a different therapist even if only temporary, one who is more available at this time when you need it most. I know this can be difficult, especially if you have good rapport with your current therapist as well as having to repeat many things as you would essentially be starting over with the new therapist.

Unfortunately none of us here are therapists but one thing is for certain, we are here to listen to you with no judgment and open ears. Please feel free to share anything you feel comfortable sharing, after all we are all anonymous so nothing said here should be able to negatively affect you IRL <3

I have to sit and spend a decent amount of time today with my support worker going through all the documentation I need to submit for my Residential Tenancies Tribunal application against my old landlord.

My old apartment flooded from the hot water system leaking and the whole carpet was soaked (it wasn't a big apartment). I sent my property manager an email on Saturday the day after it happened saying I was really struggling with my sensory issues (from the water and the smell) plus the door couldn't be closed anymore as it jammed shut from inside but she didn't respond to me on Monday. On Monday my support worker got in touch with my support coordinator and they discussed my current living situation and how it was not acceptable and they both tried to text and call my property manager over a dozen times. My email was still not responded to, asking when they would dry the carpets out. I'd been without hot water for 4 days as well at this stage.

My SC organised to put me in a hotel to get me out of there using my NDIS government funding as 'emergency accommodation' which is technically allowed but really the landlords insurance should have paid for me to move the day it happened, I later found out.

Eventually I got an email back from the property manager saying that they weren't going to dry the carpets out, they were actually just going to wait until I moved into my new apartment in 3 weeks then rip them out. So she basically admitted in that email that they never had any intention on rehousing me despite the abysmal living conditions (wet floor still, door open and share, mould growing) which is a godsend for my case and a real fucker of a headache for her. This is also when she said they were going to waive the lease break costs which my dumb autistic ass thought was nice of them (only later realised they were obliged to do this as they can't charge me lease break costs while redoing the carpets) and 'kindly offered' to reduce my rent from $220 per week to $170 per week. I accepted this because getting out of the lease break seemed too good to be true. I was later informed that the landlord was not allowed to have charged me any rent for the period of time the apartment was uninhabitable. Another plus for me and a negative for their case.

Come the end of my lease I cleaned, but I didn't do an end of lease clean as because the place is so small I figured it was pointless what with them sending workmen in to tear up the carpets, plus it wasn't really made explicitly clear that I still needed to. I'd been cancelling my NDIS cleaner because I told him it was pointless to clean the old place given how trashed it was so it wasn't like I didn't have the chance to ask him to come around.

For some reason there was an issue with the cleaning that came up and when I went to drop the keys in (a day late, and they charged me an extra days worth of rent too) I tried to speak with my property manager but was told she wasn't available (of course) so I spoke to someone else and explained my logic around why cleaning was pointless. I brought up that I'd used my NDIS funding for the hotel which now would mean I wouldn't be able to pay for 3 months of support workers had my plan not been reviewed (luckily) and that it should really be reimbursed as that isn't the purpose of that money and it's taxpayers funds. I also brought up how I did actually pay a substantial amount of rent for an apartment I couldn't live in and while I now wouldn't have accepted that it's too late now. She seemed agreeable that it was fair I don't have to clean.

The next day I get an email from the property manager explaining how the final inspection has come in and they've noticed a bunch of damage. She also says that I was expected to have done an end of lease clean so they'll be taking money out of my bond to do that, and that it would have been 'appreciated' if I'd vaccuumed the carpets (that they're about to rip up lol good joke, that was the final straw for me).

I immediately responded saying I'd been cancelling my NDIS cleaner for a month as it wasn't made clear if I was to do a clean or not and I assumed not considering the work having to be done. I then said I wanted my rental records because I was going to lodge and application with the Residential Tenancies Tribunal to have the hotel stay, my rent, and my bond refunded in full.

I got an email back in literally less than 10 minutes saying 'the landlord has decided that she no longer requires you to do an end of lease clean and your bond will be returned in full. Please reconsider the Residential Tenancies Tribunal as it is a very long and drawn out process for everyone involved.'

Finally. Damage control mode activated. I have never in my life seen a 180 from property manager leech to begging me not to take them to court so quickly cause they know they're going to get ripped a new one for every single fuck up along the way here.

I responded saying 'Thank you for your prompt response. As a law graduate I'm very intimate with how long and drawn out the Residential Tenancies Tribunal process is. I'm also very aware of the fact that landlords insurance should have been used to rehouse me the day the flooding occured and I should not have been charged any rent for the time period the apartment was uninhabitable. Therefore I have no choice but to apply to the RTT to have this money refunded as the NDIS money was spent improperly (while still legally) and I am entitled to my entire rent paid during that period back to me. Please inform me of the bond details so that I can have that returned as soon as possible.'

So now I just need to trawl through emails with my support worker and find any ones we think are relevant and submit them with the application because they need it all done by Friday to list the matter for hearing. I'm taking my support coordinator and a support worker with me to the hearing to make sure they don't try to intimidate me again.

Honestly it's shit like this happening which makes me realise I am really smart like I have a law degree I got while fucked off my face for a majority of it, but holy shit am I easily manipulated and definitely still an actual definition of vulnerable person.

I have to sit and spend a decent amount of time today with my support worker going through all the documentation I need to submit for my Residential Tenancies Tribunal application against my old landlord.

My old apartment flooded from the hot water system leaking and the whole carpet was soaked (it wasn't a big apartment). I sent my property manager an email on Saturday the day after it happened saying I was really struggling with my sensory issues (from the water and the smell) plus the door couldn't be closed anymore as it jammed shut from inside but she didn't respond to me on Monday. On Monday my support worker got in touch with my support coordinator and they discussed my current living situation and how it was not acceptable and they both tried to text and call my property manager over a dozen times. My email was still not responded to, asking when they would dry the carpets out. I'd been without hot water for 4 days as well at this stage.

My SC organised to put me in a hotel to get me out of there using my NDIS government funding as 'emergency accommodation' which is technically allowed but really the landlords insurance should have paid for me to move the day it happened, I later found out.

Eventually I got an email back from the property manager saying that they weren't going to dry the carpets out, they were actually just going to wait until I moved into my new apartment in 3 weeks then rip them out. So she basically admitted in that email that they never had any intention on rehousing me despite the abysmal living conditions (wet floor still, door open and share, mould growing) which is a godsend for my case and a real fucker of a headache for her. This is also when she said they were going to waive the lease break costs which my dumb autistic ass thought was nice of them (only later realised they were obliged to do this as they can't charge me lease break costs while redoing the carpets) and 'kindly offered' to reduce my rent from $220 per week to $170 per week. I accepted this because getting out of the lease break seemed too good to be true. I was later informed that the landlord was not allowed to have charged me any rent for the period of time the apartment was uninhabitable. Another plus for me and a negative for their case.

Come the end of my lease I cleaned, but I didn't do an end of lease clean as because the place is so small I figured it was pointless what with them sending workmen in to tear up the carpets, plus it wasn't really made explicitly clear that I still needed to. I'd been cancelling my NDIS cleaner because I told him it was pointless to clean the old place given how trashed it was so it wasn't like I didn't have the chance to ask him to come around.

For some reason there was an issue with the cleaning that came up and when I went to drop the keys in (a day late, and they charged me an extra days worth of rent too) I tried to speak with my property manager but was told she wasn't available (of course) so I spoke to someone else and explained my logic around why cleaning was pointless. I brought up that I'd used my NDIS funding for the hotel which now would mean I wouldn't be able to pay for 3 months of support workers had my plan not been reviewed (luckily) and that it should really be reimbursed as that isn't the purpose of that money and it's taxpayers funds. I also brought up how I did actually pay a substantial amount of rent for an apartment I couldn't live in and while I now wouldn't have accepted that it's too late now. She seemed agreeable that it was fair I don't have to clean.

The next day I get an email from the property manager explaining how the final inspection has come in and they've noticed a bunch of damage. She also says that I was expected to have done an end of lease clean so they'll be taking money out of my bond to do that, and that it would have been 'appreciated' if I'd vaccuumed the carpets (that they're about to rip up lol good joke, that was the final straw for me).

I immediately responded saying I'd been cancelling my NDIS cleaner for a month as it wasn't made clear if I was to do a clean or not and I assumed not considering the work having to be done. I then said I wanted my rental records because I was going to lodge and application with the Residential Tenancies Tribunal to have the hotel stay, my rent, and my bond refunded in full.

I got an email back in literally less than 10 minutes saying 'the landlord has decided that she no longer requires you to do an end of lease clean and your bond will be returned in full. Please reconsider the Residential Tenancies Tribunal as it is a very long and drawn out process for everyone involved.'

Finally. Damage control mode activated. I have never in my life seen a 180 from property manager leech to begging me not to take them to court so quickly cause they know they're going to get ripped a new one for every single fuck up along the way here.

I responded saying 'Thank you for your prompt response. As a law graduate I'm very intimate with how long and drawn out the Residential Tenancies Tribunal process is. I'm also very aware of the fact that landlords insurance should have been used to rehouse me the day the flooding occured and I should not have been charged any rent for the time period the apartment was uninhabitable. Therefore I have no choice but to apply to the RTT to have this money refunded as the NDIS money was spent improperly (while still legally) and I am entitled to my entire rent paid during that period back to me. Please inform me of the bond details so that I can have that returned as soon as possible.'

So now I just need to trawl through emails with my support worker and find any ones we think are relevant and submit them with the application because they need it all done by Friday to list the matter for hearing. I'm taking my support coordinator and a support worker with me to the hearing to make sure they don't try to intimidate me again.

Honestly it's shit like this happening which makes me realise I am really smart like I have a law degree I got while fucked off my face for a majority of it, but holy shit am I easily manipulated and definitely still an actual definition of vulnerable person.
IMO not many people rank lower on the scum of the earth scale than landlords. They literally make a living doing nothing. They just have enough capital to buy up housing and raise the price arbitrarily in order to profit off people who would pay less monthly with a mortgage but are unable to buy a house for whatever reason.

I'm really glad that your support coordinator and support worker will be with you. Are you sure you also don't need to hire a lawyer? Maybe the judge/arbiter will order the landlord to pay your legal fees in addition to repaying your rent and hotel fees. Surely the landlord will bring their own lawyer if they want to fight it. Good luck and please keep us updated.

IMO not many people rank lower on the scum of the earth scale than landlords. They literally make a living doing nothing. They just have enough capital to buy up housing and raise the price arbitrarily in order to profit off people who would pay less monthly with a mortgage but are unable to buy a house for whatever reason.

I'm really glad that your support coordinator and support worker will be with you. Are you sure you also don't need to hire a lawyer? Maybe the judge/arbiter will order the landlord to pay your legal fees in addition to repaying your rent and hotel fees. Surely the landlord will bring their own lawyer if they want to fight it. Good luck and please keep us updated.

SACAT is just the Residential Tenancies Tribunal so I don't need a lawyer. Technically I can act as my own, given I've got my degree and I've done my placement and have almost the level of required knowledge to be admitted. I'm a step ahead of an every day person heading into the tribunal unrepresented.

If they have a lawyer I won't budge. They fucked up badly, and they know it. That's why they offered to give me my full bond back when only 15 min prior they had been telling me they would take money out of it to clean my apartment.

Funny how when threatened with legal action when you really made a fuck up can change your mind huh?

UPDATE: I spoke to three of my friends I did law school with to ask them about which documents I should bring to SACAT and eventually it went into a discussion about the actual case and they told me to seek some independent legal advice regarding the matter because they don't want me stuck paying costs of the other party or anything like that and it's a bit more complicated than we originally thought. So I'm going to go to a 30 minute session on Friday morning at the local legal services commission for some free legal advice.

Gotta rant.

OK, this bullshit has gotten out of hand.

Trump's paranoid narcissism forced him to declare election fraud and now the tactic has caught on with many Republicans on the state and local levels.

I used to think conspiracy theorists were harmless idiots, good fodder for jokes.

But goddamnit! Now they are a real threat to democracy.

It makes me recall George Carlin's comment:
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

Gotta rant.

OK, this bullshit has gotten out of hand.

Trump's paranoid narcissism forced him to declare election fraud and now the tactic has caught on with many Republicans on the state and local levels.

I used to think conspiracy theorists were harmless idiots, good fodder for jokes.

But goddamnit! Now they are a real threat to democracy.

It makes me recall George Carlin's comment:
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
I feel your pain, man. This is exactly what I mean when I say the coup is still taking place in plain sight. If republicans are good at anything it's sticking together and showing up to vote in all the local, state, and federal elections.

There's a whole subculture on reddit of people who say shit like, "Well Biden ain't getting anything done. Voting is useless. We're not voting in the midterms or ever again." People like you and I try to be the voice of reason and tell them authoritarian fascism is worse but they don't listen and flame anyone who tries to talk sense into them.

No offense to your age but dems need to be electing younger candidates. With the Bidens and Diane Feinsteins of the party, they simply are not connecting with the younger generation of voters in our country who BTW are soon to outnumber the boomers. We need pols at the local, state, and federal levels who will stand up for the people and make waves, not be wishy washy moderates trying to uselessly reach across the aisle. How many conservatives are trying to reach across the aisle in the other direction? Not many.

I forgot how old you are but I know you're not in your 80s. I'd vote for ya, jasperkent!

I wanna go home, I’ve got three hours left of my 12hr night shift. My partner wasn’t here today, so I’ve just been stuck cleaning. Somebody here told me there’s literally nothing else to do, and the supervisor still won’t let me go home….

No offense to your age but dems need to be electing younger candidates.
I'm 63 and I take no offense whatsoever.
I agree with you 100%.
I forgot how old you are but I know you're not in your 80s. I'd vote for ya, jasperkent!
Thanks, but I'd decline the nomination.
I definitely don't have the energy or stamina to hold any office.

waiting for the world to burn as it will no doubt about it.

i feel pretty good about this but regret i may not be around to witness the climax. :)

fuck it, right? lol just natural for shit to die to make food and space for whatever comes next.

waiting for the world to burn as it will no doubt about it.

i feel pretty good about this but regret i may not be around to witness the climax. :)

fuck it, right? lol just natural for shit to die to make food and space for whatever comes next.
It doesn't bother me that humans will exterminate themselves.

It does sadden me that we're taking so many other species out with us.

I'm too tired of it to say much (I've dealt with two tonight) but I really really fucking hate cowards, especially male ones. As girls we were led to believe you were the strong, brave ones. Well what a myth that was!!

Of course #notallmen (and I'm sick of using that disclaimer in case some of you get offended), but in the words of one of my male friends tonight "he's a little bitch".

However, there really is nothing better than when the likes of Henry Rollins speaks for us 😘

This is what courage and strength look like:

Man are just more strong physically.And that is.Women are much more prone to endure sufferings(at least they are who born)...and every man even bravest was born from women.In modern daytimes it seems. That lot of women don't need men at all.....even for sex......same may be for men.The women also could be much more cruel sometimes.Never ever had a girl for a friend(exclude my wife).....just know,that soon or later the things go around sex.Women are seducers...it's in their blood.....yea a dangerous creatures.Apart from BL never had even ordinary comunication/conversation with woman from the time of my marriage

Man are just more strong physically.And that is.Women are much more prone to endure sufferings(at least they are who born)...and every man even bravest was born from women.In modern daytimes it seems. That lot of women don't need men at all.....even for sex......same may be for men.The women also could be much more cruel sometimes.Never ever had a girl for a friend(exclude my wife).....just know,that soon or later the things go around sex.Women are seducers...it's in their blood.....yea a dangerous creatures.Apart from BL never had even ordinary comunication/conversation with woman from the time of my marriage
iris lost girl GIF by SYFY