Mental Health The Rant Thread Vs. Really? How Does That Make You Feel?

Okay my rant is about a situation i AM really unhappy with there is a Guy i really hate as hè always feels like ridiculing me and acts when other ppl csn hear IT in a way as if hè is the man and in Just some loser while hè has many flawed charachter traids like always thinking hè is right and making a big deal out small issues while not listening to others opinions while his own opinions are very black and White and you notice very obvious that he didn't think about IT but hè is Just saying random stuff, in short i really hate him and i avoid contact with him and i also have a best Friend a girl and we Tell each other really everything and i care a great deal about her and i often tell her about that guy she doesn't Really know him only Saw him few times and she agreed with me that hè was An ass and she told me she didn't even want to get to know him but recently they met in a bar without me and IT turns they ended up in bed together and in a way i feel Really betrayed and feel like she couldnt really do anything worse to me im actually Hurt and to me this damaged our relationship and i reAlly feel intensly bad about IT... AM i overreacting?

Okay my rant is about a situation i AM really unhappy with there is a Guy i really hate as hè always feels like ridiculing me and acts when other ppl csn hear IT in a way as if hè is the man and in Just some loser while hè has many flawed charachter traids like always thinking hè is right and making a big deal out small issues while not listening to others opinions while his own opinions are very black and White and you notice very obvious that he didn't think about IT but hè is Just saying random stuff, in short i really hate him and i avoid contact with him and i also have a best Friend a girl and we Tell each other really everything and i care a great deal about her and i often tell her about that guy she doesn't Really know him only Saw him few times and she agreed with me that hè was An ass and she told me she didn't even want to get to know him but recently they met in a bar without me and IT turns they ended up in bed together and in a way i feel Really betrayed and feel like she couldnt really do anything worse to me im actually Hurt and to me this damaged our relationship and i reAlly feel intensly bad about IT... AM i overreacting?
If I was in your situation, I would secretly feel hurt too. BUT she is still entitled to do whatever she wants, she doesn't owe you anything. But yeah it would still hurt me if my friend did that. I would get over it though, and not let it affect our friendship. Maybe talk to her about it if you feel like you have to. Like if you feel that you need to get it off your chest.

If I was in your situation, I would secretly feel hurt too. BUT she is still entitled to do whatever she wants, she doesn't owe you anything. But yeah it would still hurt me if my friend did that. I would get over it though, and not let it affect our friendship. Maybe talk to her about it if you feel like you have to. Like if you feel that you need to get it off your chest.
I actually considered talking to her and saving whatever from out relationship as possible also to be the best possible coarse of action, however not yet right away, i feel like i need some time and i feel like right now i feel too little trust in her and as if the damage To the connection we had is Just a bit too big to Just right away try to fix this and go about out out business already, but im sure in a while ill get over IT enough to again cam be Friends but i feel like there is some level of Trust and intimicy i Just wont be able to share with her anymore and lots depend on if they are going to be friends now OR maybe have sex again IT are all things that would make true friendship a lot more difficult for me...

Well, it's incredibly disgusting but here goes:

There are conspiracy theories out there (promoted by Alex Jones and his ilk) that claim school shootings are staged by the US Govt in order to make more Americans favor gun control-- thus making it easier to "take our guns away."

These morons track down survivors and family members of victims to stalk, harass, and threaten them for being actors/co-conspirators in this liberal agenda. Some parents of dead children have had to relocate multiple times because they receive constant death threats and such.
Okay, now that is jogging my memory. Even after the Sandy Hook lawsuit, is that scumbag Alex Jones pushing this bullshit theory for the most recent one as well?

I actually considered talking to her and saving whatever from out relationship as possible also to be the best possible coarse of action, however not yet right away, i feel like i need some time and i feel like right now i feel too little trust in her and as if the damage To the connection we had is Just a bit too big to Just right away try to fix this and go about out out business already, but im sure in a while ill get over IT enough to again cam be Friends but i feel like there is some level of Trust and intimicy i Just wont be able to share with her anymore and lots depend on if they are going to be friends now OR maybe have sex again IT are all things that would make true friendship a lot more difficult for me...
Yes I hear you and I understand why you feel that way. I hope you feel better soon. Feeling hurt and betrayed by someone you care about and trusted REALLY really sucks :(

Blessed vibes chronically travelling through repressed memories of good and kind things people have observed through my shell that i couldn't believe and negative crap things said by myself and others that were never true. Also negative things that actually used to be true and i denied it because i knew that was not who i really am and now they're not true anymore.

I wonder what factor is the most important. I feel it's a combination of nature, training, good drugs and maturity. Maybe my ex helped a lot too. Very cool person.

Depression is dead, still a lot of pain but everything seems bright and forward.

Not sure what thread is right for this? Anyway i felt it prudent to brag, maybe i can inspire someone if my transcription is sufficient and adequate.

Last edited:
Okay, now that is jogging my memory. Even after the Sandy Hook lawsuit, is that scumbag Alex Jones pushing this bullshit theory for the most recent one as well?
Yes, and others have joined in. Apparently it's a popular bullshit theory.

Edit-- Alex Jones might have backed off a bit after some lawsuits, but there are plenty of idiots out there to take up the slack.

I am so sick of these so-called "conservatives."
It is as if they are in competition to see who can come up with the stupidest, craziest, and/or most hateful ideas.

The liberals/progressives annoy me as well, but the right-wingers are far more dangerous.

Never ever could imagine politics in U.S. and how it develope.Right wings are worst,than others yes.Others are no good too.Dark lobbies in two parties for sure.Even exist pure and clean politic he get dirt very soon or resign or die in mysterious circumstances.You are "the land of freedome",but the rules of the game are same all over the world.Dirty busyness

dumb ass ordered a bunch of big sausage patties for our breakfast sandwich. where does it list sausage?
bread, ched chez, fried egg, lettuce, tomato, mayo and bacon. i explain this to her. maybe i shouldnt have....
she hollers about others read the menu but she writes the menu. lol
hope she doesnt read this. :p

Blessed vibes chronically travelling through repressed memories of good and kind things people have observed through my shell that i couldn't believe and negative crap things said by myself and others that were never true. Also negative things that actually used to be true and i denied it because i knew that was not who i really am and now they're not true anymore.

I wonder what factor is the most important. I feel it's a combination of nature, training, good drugs and maturity. Maybe my ex helped a lot too. Very cool person.

Depression is dead, still a lot of pain but everything seems bright and forward.

Not sure what thread is right for this? Anyway i felt it prudent to brag, maybe i can inspire someone if my transcription is sufficient and adequate.
Sounds like you were able to shed some negative baggage while remembering some of the better things. Good on you.

Do you mind if I ask if you came to these conclusions with the help of a therapist/counselor, some sort of group therapy, or on your own? You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable, I was just curious.

I changed this from a "venting" thread to a "social" thread so yes, your post has a home here :)

dumb ass ordered a bunch of big sausage patties for our breakfast sandwich. where does it list sausage?
bread, ched chez, fried egg, lettuce, tomato, mayo and bacon. i explain this to her. maybe i shouldnt have....
she hollers about others read the menu but she writes the menu. lol
hope she doesnt read this. :p
My husband is a head chef and would lose his goddamn MIND if something like this happened in his kitchen. He's very oldskool though, think Gordon Ramsay. "YES CHEF!"
They make everything from scratch though so they wouldn't order patties.
Whatcha gonna do with them all?

Sounds like you were able to shed some negative baggage while remembering some of the better things. Good on you.

Do you mind if I ask if you came to these conclusions with the help of a therapist/counselor, some sort of group therapy, or on your own? You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable, I was just curious.

I changed this from a "venting" thread to a "social" thread so yes, your post has a home here :)

I don't mind answering at all.

It was a process of my own. I could thank several people in different ways (some have been compassionate, some have constituted big challenges, some both) but no counselor or group therapy involved.

Thanks for asking. By the way i just realized your user name is a pun haha

Last edited:
The cat I wanted to adopt got adopted so I'm really sad. Now the property manager who is taking over from the one I normally have who is on leave is telling me I need Strata approval to get a therapeutic support animal (which I don't, I have a letter supporting this and there's legislation about it) so they're saying it may be months before I can adopt a cat. The other property manager said it would be only until she heard back from the owner. I don't think the new one understands that therapeutic support animals are different from pets and I don't need full landlord approval from the whole Strata to adopt a new one I find. I'm happy that the other guy got adopted and he has a nice home, but I really had my heart set on him. I need to find another one now and hope that I get approval in time to adopt this one and that they don't take forever with the approval which is what seems to be going on at the moment. Also, I had to miss some shifts in order to move in to my place over the last fortnight so I'm a bit short to pay rent and had to dip into my savings to make it work so I'm not pleased about that. It is what it is though and at least I have a nice new place to live which isn't a flooded, unlivable mess. I should be getting a refund for the rent I paid there but I have to go to the Residential Tenancies Tribunal which is going to be a huge pain in the ass to get everything back even though it should all go my way as what they did was very illegal. Everyone I've spoken to has been completely shocked at what happened and what they did to me and I can't believe I didn't realise what was happening at the time.

The cat I wanted to adopt got adopted so I'm really sad. Now the property manager who is taking over from the one I normally have who is on leave is telling me I need Strata approval to get a therapeutic support animal (which I don't, I have a letter supporting this and there's legislation about it) so they're saying it may be months before I can adopt a cat. The other property manager said it would be only until she heard back from the owner. I don't think the new one understands that therapeutic support animals are different from pets and I don't need full landlord approval from the whole Strata to adopt a new one I find. I'm happy that the other guy got adopted and he has a nice home, but I really had my heart set on him. I need to find another one now and hope that I get approval in time to adopt this one and that they don't take forever with the approval which is what seems to be going on at the moment. Also, I had to miss some shifts in order to move in to my place over the last fortnight so I'm a bit short to pay rent and had to dip into my savings to make it work so I'm not pleased about that. It is what it is though and at least I have a nice new place to live which isn't a flooded, unlivable mess. I should be getting a refund for the rent I paid there but I have to go to the Residential Tenancies Tribunal which is going to be a huge pain in the ass to get everything back even though it should all go my way as what they did was very illegal. Everyone I've spoken to has been completely shocked at what happened and what they did to me and I can't believe I didn't realise what was happening at the time.
Awww sorry to hear about the kitty Eli :( BUT it is great he got adopted, and you will find another perfect kitty when everything aligns in the universe <3

So I had to fire a support worker who was annoying me and triggering me badly this week, which means now I have to go without support on that day while I wait to hear back from the agency I get my LGBT workers from (2 out of the 5) about whether they have the capacity to do another shift with me.

What happened? So there were a couple of things. Firstly, I was assured that this woman was LGBT friendly but in an early shift with me she used the term gay in a derogatory way. I let it go at the time, but I was not thrilled about that. But then she says things like her son can wear rainbow shoes if he wants to express himself so I'm like are you bigoted or not? Which is it?

The first shift I had with her she commented on my hands shaking. I have an essential tremor and I told her this, and took my propranolol in front of her. She goes 'they're really shakey, when was the last time you used'?'

I answered honestly, because I always tell the truth with my support workers and friends if they ask me (and counsellors etc) but then she *kept* asking that same question week after week. Eventually this culminated in her asking me last Monday, and I responded (as I had done so for weeks at this stage) saying 'ive told you, my hands always shake. I have a tremor' then I added it had been a month since I last used. That night I texted my support coordinator (the woman who sort of manages my providers for me) and asked her to tell the worker to stop saying that and stop commenting on my tremor. It's got nothing to do with her ability to support me and if she wants to know when the last time I used was she can just ask and not beat around the bush and try and be subtle or use a 'gotcha' tactic like she caught me out. It makes me feel deceptive about my use when I'm the exact opposite which I'm proud of. It also makes me feel like she isn't listening to me (a big big big early trauma trigger) or thinks I'm lying about the tremor (being accused of lying is also a very big trauma trigger for me). She said she would talk to her.

Cut to this Monday. She gets to my place. Within 10 minutes out it comes - 'your hands are shaky today' 'yes as I have told you many times they always are' 'hmm well I think it's worse today than usual'

Okay sorry? Firstly, condescending. You think I'm not aware of how much my hands are shaking and I need you to point it out to me? Secondly, none of your fucking business. Thirdly, guess I'll go fire my GP of 8 years now that you're fixated on a fucking benign tremor. He's managed my complex medical needs spectacularly well but he missed this and you've picked up on it, you are so amazing. Fourth, why the hell are you so fixated on this? Lastly, you did exactly what you were told not to do which was ask about my drug use and my tremor. Because before she made the comment on my tremor, she asked if the meth I ordered off the dark net arrived and I said no. I didn't tell her I used the previous week though because she didn't ask and I only tell support workers if it affects their shift with me (ie if I'm still high and they'll only be able to get me into the shower, eating some yoghurt, and drinking some Gatorade during a four hour shift with plenty of reminders for those things) because they need to know so they know how to approach the session. The one time I did use the night before her shift I told her before she walked in the door so I have no idea why she feels the need to pry.

Anyway, it triggered me so badly I went silent for the whole rest of the shift and wanted her to leave when we got back from the shops but couldn't figure out how to ask her to. We went to a cafe where I got a whole hot chocolate spilled on my lap and shirt by the waitress but I was so dissociated that I didn't respond at all. When we got home I stood in the shower (not under the water) for a full ,20 min when normally I'm in and out in 5 due to hating showers then spent 10 min getting changed and asked her to leave 5 min early because I wanted to avoid being around her or talking to her. Everything she was saying was annoying me.

That night I was so triggered I used, and for once in 6 months since I relapsed I used money I didn't have to spare on meth (grocery money) and then had to cancel my meal prep shift with another support worker the next day, and my PT session. Not great. Even seeing my GP Monday evening didn't help.

On Tuesday afternoon I messaged my support coordinator again to tell her that the worker had done it again and it had trwlly triggered me. She told me that the worker had messaged her wondering if she had done something because of how I was acting. I said the answer was yes. At that stage I said I was willing to give her one last shot because I did like her at one stage but after speaking with some friends including @arrall and @mal3volent it became pretty clear that I'd be better off cancelling all the remaining shifts with her. So I called my recovery coach (sorts like a peer mentor lived experience type persons, she used to use meth too) and told her everything including that I used which I hadn't told the support coordinator and my RC was furious because she also has an essential tremor and it someone had done what the worker did to me like a dozen times she would have punched her in the face already lol. So she called my SC the next day and explained that no more shifts would be needed.

I mean this worker also never once did my dishes nor offered to do them once even though that's literally the first thing on the to do list for support workers after personal care reminders. I can't do my dishes myself. All my other workers come inside and it's literally the first thing they do while they run through all the personal care stuff. She just stands there uselessly waiting for me to tell her what to do and I always forget to tell her to do the dishes because my brain is like a wet sponge.

Plus, when she helped me move she came to my new place after moving stuff for 2 hours (not even heavy stuff, my other worker and my close friend moved all that stuff on the Friday) and goes 'ive moved everything I can reach across' because I'd been in my new place unpacking boxes and giving her new boxes to fill up and I was like 'okay well let's grab some food then' and I trusted her. The next day I go to my old place next door to empty out the top of the built in robes and move across the Lego and what am I greeted with? At least 4 loads of stuff to carry over to my new place which she readily could have reached including my vacuum cleaner, a bunch of stuff in the bathroom and kitchen , and a whole container of clothes in the bottom of my open wardrobe. Because she just got tired of moving stuff the day before I hadn't planned to need to do those extra trips and I handed the keys in a day late which resulted in being charged an extra days rent.

She was also on her phone A LOT during her shifts with me and talked about her family heaps which I didn't really want to hear that much about. It's not that I find it disinteresting, I'm happy to hear about my other workers families and partners to an extent, but they're supposed to be supporting me, not the other way around. And I do this job myself. When you're with a client (most of the time) then your phone goes in your pocket and stays in your pocket.

Anyway that is my huge rant. It really caused me a lot of problems and I'm glad she is gone but I know she isn't really going to understand why and tbh she used to badmouth previous clients she stopped working with so I don't doubt I'll be added to this list.

yall ever got a notification that someone paid postage on a letter and it hasnt been scanned into the "system" for a week? Lable created...
then ya know how i feel about it, right?
fuck
:facepalm:

So I had to fire a support worker who was annoying me and triggering me badly this week, which means now I have to go without support on that day while I wait to hear back from the agency I get my LGBT workers from (2 out of the 5) about whether they have the capacity to do another shift with me.

What happened? So there were a couple of things. Firstly, I was assured that this woman was LGBT friendly but in an early shift with me she used the term gay in a derogatory way. I let it go at the time, but I was not thrilled about that. But then she says things like her son can wear rainbow shoes if he wants to express himself so I'm like are you bigoted or not? Which is it?

The first shift I had with her she commented on my hands shaking. I have an essential tremor and I told her this, and took my propranolol in front of her. She goes 'they're really shakey, when was the last time you used'?'

I answered honestly, because I always tell the truth with my support workers and friends if they ask me (and counsellors etc) but then she *kept* asking that same question week after week. Eventually this culminated in her asking me last Monday, and I responded (as I had done so for weeks at this stage) saying 'ive told you, my hands always shake. I have a tremor' then I added it had been a month since I last used. That night I texted my support coordinator (the woman who sort of manages my providers for me) and asked her to tell the worker to stop saying that and stop commenting on my tremor. It's got nothing to do with her ability to support me and if she wants to know when the last time I used was she can just ask and not beat around the bush and try and be subtle or use a 'gotcha' tactic like she caught me out. It makes me feel deceptive about my use when I'm the exact opposite which I'm proud of. It also makes me feel like she isn't listening to me (a big big big early trauma trigger) or thinks I'm lying about the tremor (being accused of lying is also a very big trauma trigger for me). She said she would talk to her.

Cut to this Monday. She gets to my place. Within 10 minutes out it comes - 'your hands are shaky today' 'yes as I have told you many times they always are' 'hmm well I think it's worse today than usual'

Okay sorry? Firstly, condescending. You think I'm not aware of how much my hands are shaking and I need you to point it out to me? Secondly, none of your fucking business. Thirdly, guess I'll go fire my GP of 8 years now that you're fixated on a fucking benign tremor. He's managed my complex medical needs spectacularly well but he missed this and you've picked up on it, you are so amazing. Fourth, why the hell are you so fixated on this? Lastly, you did exactly what you were told not to do which was ask about my drug use and my tremor. Because before she made the comment on my tremor, she asked if the meth I ordered off the dark net arrived and I said no. I didn't tell her I used the previous week though because she didn't ask and I only tell support workers if it affects their shift with me (ie if I'm still high and they'll only be able to get me into the shower, eating some yoghurt, and drinking some Gatorade during a four hour shift with plenty of reminders for those things) because they need to know so they know how to approach the session. The one time I did use the night before her shift I told her before she walked in the door so I have no idea why she feels the need to pry.

Anyway, it triggered me so badly I went silent for the whole rest of the shift and wanted her to leave when we got back from the shops but couldn't figure out how to ask her to. We went to a cafe where I got a whole hot chocolate spilled on my lap and shirt by the waitress but I was so dissociated that I didn't respond at all. When we got home I stood in the shower (not under the water) for a full ,20 min when normally I'm in and out in 5 due to hating showers then spent 10 min getting changed and asked her to leave 5 min early because I wanted to avoid being around her or talking to her. Everything she was saying was annoying me.

That night I was so triggered I used, and for once in 6 months since I relapsed I used money I didn't have to spare on meth (grocery money) and then had to cancel my meal prep shift with another support worker the next day, and my PT session. Not great. Even seeing my GP Monday evening didn't help.

On Tuesday afternoon I messaged my support coordinator again to tell her that the worker had done it again and it had trwlly triggered me. She told me that the worker had messaged her wondering if she had done something because of how I was acting. I said the answer was yes. At that stage I said I was willing to give her one last shot because I did like her at one stage but after speaking with some friends including @arrall and @mal3volent it became pretty clear that I'd be better off cancelling all the remaining shifts with her. So I called my recovery coach (sorts like a peer mentor lived experience type persons, she used to use meth too) and told her everything including that I used which I hadn't told the support coordinator and my RC was furious because she also has an essential tremor and it someone had done what the worker did to me like a dozen times she would have punched her in the face already lol. So she called my SC the next day and explained that no more shifts would be needed.

I mean this worker also never once did my dishes nor offered to do them once even though that's literally the first thing on the to do list for support workers after personal care reminders. I can't do my dishes myself. All my other workers come inside and it's literally the first thing they do while they run through all the personal care stuff. She just stands there uselessly waiting for me to tell her what to do and I always forget to tell her to do the dishes because my brain is like a wet sponge.

Plus, when she helped me move she came to my new place after moving stuff for 2 hours (not even heavy stuff, my other worker and my close friend moved all that stuff on the Friday) and goes 'ive moved everything I can reach across' because I'd been in my new place unpacking boxes and giving her new boxes to fill up and I was like 'okay well let's grab some food then' and I trusted her. The next day I go to my old place next door to empty out the top of the built in robes and move across the Lego and what am I greeted with? At least 4 loads of stuff to carry over to my new place which she readily could have reached including my vacuum cleaner, a bunch of stuff in the bathroom and kitchen , and a whole container of clothes in the bottom of my open wardrobe. Because she just got tired of moving stuff the day before I hadn't planned to need to do those extra trips and I handed the keys in a day late which resulted in being charged an extra days rent.

She was also on her phone A LOT during her shifts with me and talked about her family heaps which I didn't really want to hear that much about. It's not that I find it disinteresting, I'm happy to hear about my other workers families and partners to an extent, but they're supposed to be supporting me, not the other way around. And I do this job myself. When you're with a client (most of the time) then your phone goes in your pocket and stays in your pocket.

Anyway that is my huge rant. It really caused me a lot of problems and I'm glad she is gone but I know she isn't really going to understand why and tbh she used to badmouth previous clients she stopped working with so I don't doubt I'll be added to this list.
Sorry to hear about all that. It must be frustrating to have someone who is supposed to support you accuse you of lying and constantly question something you have no control over. I didn't quite follow your 2 out of 5 comment. Does that mean 2 out of 5 support workers at the agency are able to help you? Will you be able to get another support worker soon?

yall ever got a notification that someone paid postage on a letter and it hasnt been scanned into the "system" for a week? Lable created...
then ya know how i feel about it, right?
fuck
:facepalm:
I get that sometimes when I order packages online. I'm like, okay you made a label now ship the damn thing :mad:

I feel your pain.

my tortoise is a lil pig, eats more salad than i do, lays around sunning his self, walks around with this lackadaisical attitude and doesnt care about the price of wrinkle cream, i work hard every day and come home to no dinner, no foot rubs, just him banging at the doggy door all entitled, wait till 40 years from now and he has to move out into the real world