The productions thread - Part III!

^listened to a few of your songs, can't help but feel a few of them need a nice synth lead to bring them out, other than that they are mixed really well, real punch to your beats, definitely good work. I think i like alcohol the best. I like the disharmony in dreaming with an artificial mind, totally my kind of style.

^listened to a few of your songs, can't help but feel a few of them need a nice synth lead to bring them out, other than that they are mixed really well, real punch to your beats, definitely good work. I think i like alcohol the best. I like the disharmony in dreaming with an artificial mind, totally my kind of style.
Thank you very much for listening. :)

New to bluelight and havent had the chance to go through and listen to all these tracks yet, but believe me im going to try.

In the meantime, check out my latest album... my first solo album. Industrial/electronica :
http://www.commercialcamp.bandcamp.com
Free download, comes with some pretty badass art and hidden tracks. The art was commissioned from various people, but im mostly proud of the cover art which was done by a Japanese street artist named Miso.
I also have a comedy music album that has a lot of weed references and dick jokes: http://www.thecalmingpants.bandcamp.com
It, too, is free to download. I did the cover art. See why I commissioned peeps for my solo project? LOL

I was digging through some old shit and found this. I think I was 16 years old when I made it. :\

Perceperation

I can def. appreciate this as something audible. I have two computers (desktop) that have too many old Acid/FL projects on them. I'd like to kick 'em on and see what I was imagining/producing eight years ago.

Freehugs, you have some boss tunes. Big ups!

MGS Tries His Hand At "Electronica" with "How Is The Weather? (Getting Better)"

I don't know what kind of music this is. Maybe close to "Ambient" but it has live instruments throughout, which are also sampled and looped. It breathes more than Ambient music to my ears.

This sounds like the final mix to me. There are some drum machine noises I need to turn down, and mute entirely when the organ plays. The live bass guitar playing throughout could be turned up a half decibel. And the synthesizer at the end of the track was meant to end so the rain (and my old pet bird) can be heard more clearly.

Other than these minor issues, I like the overall sound of this mix. All of the other instruments are well balanced...so after those corrections it will be ready to be mastered and labeled as 'finished.' I'd be grateful for some feedback because I am not very into electronic music or ambient stuff except for the odd disc here and there.

https://soundcloud.com/morninggloryseed/how-is-the-weather-getting

Arrangement and Music by Morninggloryseed

Musicians:

Morninggloryseed on acoustic guitar, bass, computer, drum machines, tabla.

Mike Evans on FXed acoustic guitar loop, organ, synthesizer

Brad Kinzel on Fender Telecaster.

Guest appearance by Sativa the Cockatiel (miss you old friend) who tweets at the Colorado Rain and Thunder.

Mixed and Produced by Morninggloryseed for Morninggloryseed Recordings.

Last edited:
@morningglory
I like it Morningglory. I am just making a guess here, but the entirety of that song wasn't just recorded into one program (protools/ableton), or was it? I am also guessing that you have a history of music recording/multi-tracking in general?

I really like the glitchy-break parts (IMO there might be too much 1/32 or 1/16 glitching on that high-end noise, but that is just me). Around the 7 minute mark it starts getting this almost Spaghetti Western/Doors-ish vibe. I can really appreciate something of caliber. It would be a good track to play during a MDxx come-up. Keep making tunes, big ups.

Also, you don't have to put a genre on your music. It is just a quality tune up and down. I like music that defies the general genre-ism(s) that most music falls into today.

@albion
I am checking out Maximizer right now, and previously just listened to Old Frontiers. I really like Old Frontiers. Just a nice soundscape. I really like making ambient noises because they tend to be EQ friendly and require little compression to get their best possible sound.

Maximizer has a lot of potential to be a neat tune. The break that sounds like it has a lowpass filter on it has a real DnB vibe, but the drums you layered over them at the .52 seem to clash with them. What DAW software do you use? I might be able to give some advice and/or some preset VST settings that help with the layering of drums to better the sound profile of single drum hits. Just let me know.

Good work all!

-Also ; If anybody would want to work on a collab project, I have a way of transferring project files and sound files easily. So it can make collaborations from different parts of the world as simple as a click of a button. I mainly produce house music (110bpm-133bpm garage, bassline, 2-step, funky ), but sometimes I meander into other territories like hip-hop/sin wave driven dubstep.

Get at me all' and keep pumping out them jams. Bigups!

Thank you for the attention. :)

The skeleton of that song was recorded 9 years ago on a standalone digital recording machine at 16b @ 42. The tracks were transferred to cubase, more sounds were added, and then mixed down to stereo. I love recording everything that enters a mic through warm warm tube preamps, that always run into nice hardware compression...before the signal ever goes digital. It blends nicely with 24 bit high resolution computer based synthesizer.

I have been recording a long time but I never get to hear much feedback. Makes my night for sure.

@morningglory
I like it Morningglory. I am just making a guess here, but the entirety of that song wasn't just recorded into one program (protools/ableton), or was it? I am also guessing that you have a history of music recording/multi-tracking in general?

I really like the glitchy-break parts (IMO there might be too much 1/32 or 1/16 glitching on that high-end noise, but that is just me). Around the 7 minute mark it starts getting this almost Spaghetti Western/Doors-ish vibe. I can really appreciate something of caliber. It would be a good track to play during a MDxx come-up. Keep making tunes, big ups.

Also, you don't have to put a genre on your music. It is just a quality tune up and down. I like music that defies the general genre-ism(s) that most music falls into today.

@albion
I am checking out Maximizer right now, and previously just listened to Old Frontiers. I really like Old Frontiers. Just a nice soundscape. I really like making ambient noises because they tend to be EQ friendly and require little compression to get their best possible sound.

Maximizer has a lot of potential to be a neat tune. The break that sounds like it has a lowpass filter on it has a real DnB vibe, but the drums you layered over them at the .52 seem to clash with them. What DAW software do you use? I might be able to give some advice and/or some preset VST settings that help with the layering of drums to better the sound profile of single drum hits. Just let me know.

Good work all!

-Also ; If anybody would want to work on a collab project, I have a way of transferring project files and sound files easily. So it can make collaborations from different parts of the world as simple as a click of a button. I mainly produce house music (110bpm-133bpm garage, bassline, 2-step, funky ), but sometimes I meander into other territories like hip-hop/sin wave driven dubstep.

Get at me all' and keep pumping out them jams. Bigups!

Last edited:
really wierd man. sounds like something I'd listen to on mushrooms

I made this one for a remix contest a couple weeks ago. it's a must listen if you're into hardcore music.

I wrote a track entirely on 25i-nbome. its not amazing but pretty good for a trip song. It got knocked off my soundcloud by some mixes I made. I'll post it after my downloads get used up on the mixes

the am2202 track needs more samples, I would use more breaks during it, and a prominent 4/4 kick. i's got the oldschool sound but could be improved by sampling old songs from the 90s so it doesn't have that digital sound of new tracks.

check out this one if your into oldschool hardcore. this track is mental

just got a sick idea to do a new hardcore remix of that track. here's some modern uk hardcore I made a couple monnths ago.

https://soundcloud.com/zale/uk-hardcore

https://soundcloud.com/zale/uk-hardcore

UK hardcore is probably the easiest thing for me to produce, although these tracks are pretty outdated. lately I've been learning a lot, the track I'm working on right now is a hadrdstyle track. still on the first 16 bars, but already designed some screeches and leads to use later in the track. got a nice kick ready to go too. i find hardstyle the most challenging and technical genre to produce, but I've learned enough producing hardcore lately that I think I'm ready for it. I used to dnb and dubstep and shit like that, but my heart wasn't in it. I hate when producers sell out, so I decided to stick with what i love.

if you want to check out a small dnb track I put together a while back i got a pretty good one here.

https://soundcloud.com/zale/liquid-murrda-liquid-dnb-wip

it's far from a finished track, just something I made in a couple hours. I tried moombahton once when it was just getting big, this ones pretty decent

https://soundcloud.com/zale/the-thug-life-unmixed

Last edited: