• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Pick'ems thread 2015 vs What will the Pats do to earn their asterix this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND our back-up RB, whom has been more than adequate, is gone

expect Pitt to abandon the run game early & often

expect Pitt to abandon the run game early & often

If that's the case, your Steelers might be in for a long night. The Bengals D will be pretty solid in pass protection if they don't respect the run game.

Re: McCarron, I think he is honestly as good of a choice for QB as Dalton if not better. Dalton might have more reps in the offense and be the better guy on paper, but he has a miserable post-season record. Meanwhile McCarron has been playing good and led two Crimson Tide teams to National Championships. He was playing pretty good against the Steelers in that game where he was thrown into the game after Dalton's injury except for a few mistakes that could be chalked up to inexperience. He hasn't repeated those mistakes and looked really good in the first half against the Broncos. The only reason that the Bengals lost that game against the Broncos is because the play calling got way too conservative in the second half and let the Broncos get on a roll.

actually, I'm thinking quite opposite. I just read an article on how the Bengals most vaunted D is at their level because of their pass rush. they aren't really quite making a name for themselves due to stopping the run, that's not who they are

and actually, I think it'll be good to throw the ball north of 40 times. if Big Ben is on fire, and there is a good chance he will be, he could be throwing for at least 3 TDs

and dude, I don't think you Bengals fans can be so quick to crown AJ McCarron as the the heir-apparent, who is soooo much better than Dalton. he hasn't played that many games, and the games he played he is what - 2-2? I think it's kinda messed up how Cinci fans are already jumping off the Dalton band-wagon and on to the McCarron train

^ I'm even not a Bengals fan... I just think that it makes sense that McCarron could be the better QB in big games compared to Dalton. The Bengals have gone longer without a playoff win than any other team. Andy Dalton is 0-4 in the playoffs. It makes sense that McCarron, coming from the winningest college program in recent history (three NCs while he was at Bama, two with him as starter) might be more poised in the playoffs. College success doesn't necessarily translate to the pros, but think of this -- between 2009-2013, the only other team that won the SEC / National Championship was Auburn, headed by Cam Newton.

I see your point bruh and I actually kinda agree that college success is more important than most NFL heads think, regarding QB play

I'm just sayin' Bengals fans should not even be close to crowning McCarron. and you can't really compare Cam Newton to McCarron. I dunno if you watch a lot of college ball, but I do, and Bama's whole shtick on offense is favoring/heavy on the run (always got a star RB), but with a QB who doesn't really do much but manage the clock. you don't really ever see a Bama QB put the game on their back, and I don't think McCarron ever did this once. Cam was completely different, he was used like a Tim Tebow but that could actually throw the ball worth a damn

and also he is 2-2; granted he did look pretty good in against my Steelers in Dalton's relief, but my god damn Steelers have made freaking back-up QBs look like Aaron Rodgers this season LOL as much as it disgusts me to defend Andy Dalton, he has gotten progressively better after every passing season - culminating in a pretty damn nice current season

I feel ya on perhaps Dalton is mostly to blame for his 0-4 playoffs record - the QB always gets the glory/the blame. shiiit, mabe you are right? maybe a fresh new face @ QB was the only thing the Bengals needed to win a playoffs game?

and no way the Texans beat the Chiefs. I am so 100 % certain of that one. at least in the NFC their similar playoffs game - Redskins VS Seahawks - the Skins have a kinda/sorta chance

I was thinkin' about changing my pick from GB to Wash on the drive to work today, while listening to sports radio

tough betting against GB in the playoff tho, especially in the 1st round

idk man, they've had a terrible second half of the season. not sure what the issues are really. o line? not looking too strong. cousins is pretty legit and they play really well at home. that first half of the season though they were looking like superbowl contenders.

and dan snyder is classy af.

kc @ hou
pit @ cin
sea @ min
gb @ was

last two are close to 50/50 for me

Last edited:
kc @ hou
pit @ cin
sea @ min
gb @ was

Can I switch my washington to GB? Just put some money on it and feel like I need to be fully committed

I'm sticking with WAS and a bit on the over
currently I'm all in the under and a bit on SEA (blah)

kc @ hou
pit @ cin
sea @ min
gb @ was

last edited by mikeoekim; today at 02:28. Reason: Gonna go vikings after lynch ruled out.

8.gif

blair walsh has been a stud all year. how does that happen?

alasdair

wild card weekend

arci 4-0
axl blaze 4-0
jahseeus 4-0
neversickanymore 4-0
jammin83 3-1
kittycat5 3-1
mikeoekim 3-1
otw 3-1
skl 3-1
alasdairm 2-2
cashfl0w_d0nkey 2-2
mal3volent 2-2
phr 2-2

divisional round

kc @ ne
gb @ ari
sea @ car
pit @ den

alasdair

kc @ ne
gb @ ari
sea @ car
pit @ den

feeling like gb might be picking up a little steam but twas WAS. cards are gonna be tough.

I don't see them getting past the cards.

after this weekend just passed picking all or all -1 visiting teams I am sort of inclined to pick all home teams
I do think seattle has a good chance though, carolina has showed signs of weakness and I can easily see them choking at this point as fantastic as they've been
they all should be fantastic games though

for now I think my picks are yours jammin

kc @ ne
gb @ ari
sea @ car
pit @ den

maybe the steelers will surprise (or maybe anyone might)

Status
Not open for further replies.