• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Pick'ems thread 2015 vs What will the Pats do to earn their asterix this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
both games I can see going either way, so im gonna go denver and cardinals because i need to take a chance with arci in the lead.

ne @ den
ari @ car

if patriots were at home this would be an easy pick, but broncos at home with that defense is nothing to take lightly. borncos WRs cant drop the ball 5-9 times like they did last game though if they wanna win this one.

and cardinals are just so weird. they either look meh or unstoppable on offense. so that game is gonna come down to which cardinals team shows up imo

this weekend thinking about putting a dime's worth something like this
still working it out though maybe gonna change the portions

300 pats -2.5 (buying half a point so should be -130 instead of -159 for the money line)
250 cards money line (+138 right now)
150 parly pats, cards each on money line (should be something like +287)
150 over 44.5 pats/broncs
150 over 48 cards/panthers

like both overs, like the pats by at least a fg, think the cards are worth the risk

Den vs. Car... Even though I don't believe the NFL will let Peyton lose his last game...

^ denver is the 'home' team for the superbowl (the afc champion is the home team for even-numbered super bowls).

conference championships
crimsonjunk 2-0
jahseeus 2-0
arci 1-1
axl blaze 1-1
cashfl0w_d0nkey 1-1
jammin83 1-1
kittycat5 1-1
mal3volent 1-1
mikeoekim 1-1
neversickanymore 1-1
phr 1-1
alasdairm 0-2
skl 0-2

cumulative
arci 9-1
jahseeus 9-1
kittycat5 8-2
cashfl0w_d0nkey 7-3
jammin83 7-3
mikeoekim 7-3
skl 6-4
mal3volent 6-4
alasdairm 5-5
otw 5-3
neversickanymore 5-5
phr 5-5
axl blaze 5-1
crimsonjunk 2-0

superbowl
car @ den

alasdair

Car@Den

I think Peyton is going to go out in style. Denver's D can stop any of Carolina's skill players, I feel but Cam is of course the key. With a couple of weeks of practice and film study, I think Wade Phillips can come up with a plan but its going to be a fight nonetheless.

I hope den wins.. but IDK.. im thinking they might get crushed. den in the sb who knows?

Leaning towards Car... but have this weird feeling that Denver wins

Carolina SHOULD win.. But idk if they will.

You know the refs are going to be on Denvers side

This is a toughie. I think it is a fantastic matchup for the Super Bowl. I've been a fan of dual threat QBs for years and it will be interesting to see how Cam Newton matches up against the Denver D. Five years ago, people would scoff at you for saying a dual threat QB could have this kind of impact in the NFL. "Michael Vick is a freak of nature-- no one can do it like him. And even he couldn't get a team to the Super Bowl!", they'd say. Now it's pretty obvious that dual-threat QBs can work and we have a true test of an amazing dual threat QB against an amazing defense.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, we all saw last week that Peyton is coming to play and this is his chance to go out on top. Combine that with the impressive defensive play from the Broncos, and it's hard to bet against them. Still, I want to see Carolina win.

car @ den

Last edited:
This is a toughie. I think it is a fantastic matchup for the Super Bowl. I've been a fan of dual threat QBs for years and it will be interesting to see how Cam Newton matches up against the Denver D. Five years ago, people would scoff at you for saying a dual threat QB could have this kind of impact in the NFL. "Michael Vick is a freak of nature-- no one can do it like him. And even he couldn't get a team to the Super Bowl!", they'd say. Now it's pretty obvious that dual-threat QBs can work and we have a true test of an amazing dual threat QB against an amazing defense.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, we all saw last week that Peyton is coming to play and this is his chance to go out on top. Combine that with the impressive defensive play from the Broncos, and it's hard to bet against them. Still, I want to see Carolina win.

car @ den

the main reason cam succeeds where other qbs have failed is because of his size. eventually tho, hes gonna get hurt. you run around like that and youre eventually gonna take a hit that blows out your knee or worse. with demarcus and miller coming for his ass he better be extra speedy.

im actually feeling pretty confident about denver. i think carolina has been over rated all year and they had a soft schedule. really fucking soft. arizona just melted hard under pressure and people are getting all wet about it.

denver is battle tested. they prob still won't get the respect they deserve when they win but i think this is a great team overall. a much better team than people give them credit for. they haven't had a major melt all year. the worst game they had was against KC and peyton threw 4 picks in the first half and he was hurt. they lost by a coupe TDs. other than that, they lost to the steelers by 7 (hillman gave them a TD), and the other two losses by a FG.

if there is any blowing out, its gonna be the panthers getting whooped. bout time for commentary to go dark for me, but i believe in this team. redemption is coming.

the game hasn't even been played yet and people are talking about refs. wtf arci?

^ you have a real inferiority complex about your team, don't you? in the other thread you talked about everybody writing off denver like they had no chance, which was demonstrably untrue.

now you're talking about them not getting the respect they deserve when they just won the afc and are getting plenty of respect.

people are talking about the refs because some people just can't get past the idea that the nfl has planned the outcome of every game. it's usually the patriots who are the beneficiaries of these crazy conspiracies but they did lose last week. i guess the nfl decided to "let them lose" for a change?

alasdair

Of course I do, did you see the superbowl from two years ago? That's all anybody remembers. I know how everybody feels and why they dp, I just think this year's different and I'm not even talking smack. The whole team has an inferiority complex. I would pick Denver fan or not and I do ok with picks.

You're telling me you have no idea where I'm coming from? I was basing my comment from the other thread on a few articles I read, message boards and the SI guy that said 42-17. There is a ton of media out there and I read as much as I can. Not just making shit up.

I also have chronic paranoia and think people are out to get me a lot. So yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.