• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction The Pain Management Megathread (Chronic and Acute Pain Discussion) Version 5.0 ~ V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to my pain doctor yesterday, and I am first on the list for a trial for the new spinal cord stimulator. He says this one is getting great results, with no buzzing that the previous one had. He's hopeful that I can get it implanted within the next 8 weeks. One of the benefits of living in a city of top hospitals. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Has anyone had a spinal cord stim before?

So so sorry you're hurting, J.

Thanks all for the pain free vibes, today is a better day! Anna, my doc wants me to trial the same thing but I'm hesitant. Perhaps I will see how you do and maybe pursue it then?

When it happens, I will definitely share my results. This new one runs on a different frequency than the previous ones, and to charge, I'd have to almost plug myself in! Seriously, there is a charging pad that I would sit against that would be plugged in. But my doctor is very excited about it.

I'm also waiting for approval for my semi-annual radio frequency. I had requested one in June, and my insurance denied it! Has never happened before, but they said all the insurance companies were cracking down and making it difficult for patients to get the services they need. I'm saving them a buttload by not having the fusion surgery! These RF procedures just make it a bit more bearable for a few months. But again, I can't complain; overall, I have good insurance.

Dixie, can you not get federal insurance? Also, someone on another forum stated that they used Mary Jane with huge success for their abdominal/GI pain. Edibles are slowly making their way around here.

Is anyone suicidal, like they just can't take having chronic excruciating back pain anymore after years of having it and no hope. I am so fucking sick of taking opiates since my tolerance is too high that it's just not affordable. It SHOULD be, if society had compassion. It's just a fight to keep my dose down and I barely get any relief. I recently discovered that meth is actually a pretty decent painkiller though and gets rid of opiate withdrawals pretty much. Yipee! I'm a fucking death wish

^ Totally understand where you're at my friend. And Meth can make you feel a million bucks, no pain no care in the world, but all the damage you do to yourself on meth days becomes apparent the next day when you find yourself more crippled than before. I think my years of abuse of amphetamines contributed heavily to my back pain nowadays. Hope you make it through the day Shroomy.

I used to love my life. I had a wonderful life. I was jacked, I hit the gym harder than anyone I know. I had an excellent career path. I was so addicted to working out and I hit the cardio so hard too. I was a yoga fanatic. I can't do any of that anymore, it's just over. I do yoga but I feel like it just makes the pain worse, I just do it on painkillers. I can't even play my musical instrument anymore, I don't have the physical strength. AND NOBODY GIVES A FUCK. NOBODY. NOBODY UNDERSTANDS.

I'm not into meth, because I have a panic attack disorder now. Because this fucking untreated back pain had me hopeless for years until my brain just broke and the chronic panic attacks started, I can't even smoke pot anymore because of it which is another thing I used to adore and have lost. All I can handle is the tiniest bump, which takes the edge off opiate withdrawal. I get stimulated, yeah, but I'm talking like 5 milligrams or I freak out and have to take a weeks worth of benzos. But I'm desperate, I need to drop my opiate tolerance. I can't afford it anymore. I am just praying that my tolerance drops soon enough. Ever since I quit doing heroin, the pain meds just don't work anymore and it sucks. And I didn't even do that much H, I sniffed like 10 grams total over a year but very pure. And nothing does it for me anymore, extended release oxycodone would be great. but the government fucks are stingy assholes about it. WHO THE FUCK do they think they are, prescribing people pain medications in such measly amounts that this bullshit happens, that people turn to H or fucking meth because they are prescribed like 2 fuckin percocets a day by some asshole doctor who, if was in the same position, would be self prescribing roxy 30's like candy. And not even offering any alternatives? Why not take the time to check my body out? Why are they RETARDED.

Shroomi- please don't consider suicide, we all here DO understand what you are going through. What insurance do u have? Can u get any ER meds? Even if your tolerance is high maybe you can get something to help take the edge off? Forgive me, I cannot recall if u have a PM doc or not. If you have one, maybe having a sit down is in order to tell him how severe your pain is and u.can work towards finding a solution. Sending hugs your way

My tolerance isn't that high, 30mg of oxycodone a day does me pretty well, in 3 doses, and yeah I'm prescribed, but I am upset that they are not doing anything else about it. Like a CT scan, more tests on my body. I just don't want to be too specific about the treatment I'm getting because I'm paranoid.

I understand why I am this way today. Yesterday I had a really bad panic attack. I usually take around 2mg klonopin a day, or something reasonable (for a benzo dependency). But yesterday, I had a social thing going on just after the panic attack, and I took 6mg of xanax, 30mg of valium, and 15mg of bromazepam. It still took me an hour to calm down.

I'm doing yoga now and it has calmed me down completely. This is totally from benzo rebound. I'm waiting until the normal time I take my usual clonaz. That's obviously why I've been freaking out, my days usually are not so bad.

I know I'd never kill myself, unless I ran out of benzos or something like that and had a seizure. Thanks for the responses, my yoga really helps.

I'm there with u shroomy, I'm going through very similar shit. The bullshit script just don't cut it after mad yrs and they don't do shit about it. I switched to dope, fuck it!!! If they're not gonna help me then I gotta do something. I'm grateful for having a script at all but wtf good is it if it doesn't help at all? There's sooooo many of us going through the same shit brother, just wanted u to know that your not alone man. This medical system is so fucked up and all the scaremongering by the media is only gonna make it worse. Idk wtf they expect people like us to do, u know? Are we just supposed to shut up and suffer in fear of the dr pulling our scripts because we tell them it's just not cutting it anymore? I did that once and that's exactly what happened, didn't fail a urine, no drug seeking on my record, the dr said I can't write this anymore, u need to go elsewhere, lmfao!!! Their all too worried about their licenses or dealing with the "dea" rotfflmfao! How many of us have heard that "the dea is cracking down and making it hard" lmao! It's getting harder for us patients u fucking assholes! Sry for the rant but seeing ur post just pissed me off cause there's just so many of us suffering for no reason. There's plenty of meds that will help us, a simple adjustment in the dose would do many of us a world of difference but noooooo, u would think the pills were coming outta the drs personal fucking stash or something lol. They take an oath to do no harm, well IMHO they're creating a whole generation of heroin addicts by not prescribing adequate amounts of meds. "Well we don't want u to get addicted", hey asshole, you've had me on oxy15s for 7yrs, guess what, that ship fuckin sailed long ago. I get sick if I don't take my meds so I guess I'm addicted, no way around that. Now write me a proper script so can stop copping dope off Juan Pablo and go back to just getting and eating my pills from the pharmacy, WTF!!!

Cliffy thanks for that I agree with you completely. Ok so what's more important to society? Keeping people who don't have chronic pain from the freedom to take opiates (and even get addicted to them and occasionally overdose and die), or helping chronic pain patients live normal lives? Prohibition doesn't fucking work anyway! Making them illegal doesn't change shit for people who want to get high except jack up the price and it makes it damn near impossible for people like us to get relief. It's a fucking hypocrisy I've honestly lost faith in society.

The propaganda, scaremongering about 'the devil drug oxycodone' and bullshit like that is fucking garbage. I know a guy indirectly, like a friend of a friend, who died when he SHOT UP oxy while DRUNK. These SCUMBAGS deserve to die for making it impossible for us to get the medicine that we need. Honestly I've tried everything for my back - acupuncture, chiro, cortisone shots and guess what, it's all fucking waste of money pseudo-treatments, an attempt of doctors to try and show that they care, or that they have some reason to deny us opiates. Which are the only thing that has ever worked for me and they work so fucking well. 10mg of oxycodone and I go from being bedridden in agony, to being practically normal and I might even crack a smile!

Pure heroin is the best, I just can't stand the brutal constipation or I'd be on it around the clock. I was incredibly high functioning on that drug, really creative and productive. I could care less if some careless individual decides to kill themselves with it, the drug is inherently harmless... it's the careless individual that causes problems.

All I can say is FUCK the government for putting us through this garbage. And you know what, when you are in this much pain, I don't know about you but I get fucking desperate. Nothing and I mean nothing is going to stop me from giving myself the freedom of mobility, the freedom to get out of bed, the freedom not to suffer. I don't give a FUCK how many doctors think tricyclic antidepressants are the answer because they're not, just what the fuck are they fucking with my serotonin system for? I can't even count on both hands the number of times I have left a doctors office infuriated... and I mean it takes me days to calm down from their ignorant garbage.

The same goes for benzos and panic disorder. I mean, if I ran out I could fucking DIE and they still wouldn't prescribe me enough! I get a measly little xanax a day, which is about a 6th of what I need... LOL.

And you have to lie. It's part of the game. You lie on the opiate abuse screening quiz or whatever. You say you never touched a drug in your life, you don't even drink. You act like you don't even know what a narcotic is. And you NEVER say that they are not working anymore even though it's common sense that tolerance is a huge issue. Like, why the fuck do they prescribe us drugs they know we will get a huge tolerance to and then refuse to even discuss raising the dose? This isn't rocket science. Being dependent on opiates for pain is only a problem if you don't have a doctor who you can be completely honest with and who is willing to prescribe you the medication that you say you need to be out of pain. And if they overprescribe? Guess what. I don't give a FUCK about some asshole who doesn't have chronic pain shooting up heroin for kicks. That should not stop me from getting my meds. And people should be allowed to shoot up whatever the hell they want anyway regardless of the intention, it's just freedom of being able to put what we want in our bodies. And they deny us of that, because they think they know better! LOL suck a dick if you're gonna tell me how to live my life, especially when you have NO IDEA how much my god damned spine screams at me all day every day, I can't even walk without my oxy's but yeah, tricyclic antidepressants are the answer.

Can you believe that one asshole doctor tried to cut me off of benzos and opiates completely, cold turkey, because he said they didn't work? Oh my god, thank christ I have connects or I would have been FUCKED. I hope these doctors get reincarnated as people in excruciating physical pain, they deserve the same bullshit treatment times a million for being such heartless, brainwashed douche bags. It boggles my mind because in my experience, these doctors are actually dumber than cops (I don't mean to be too stereotypical... but seriously most doctors I have known are dumber than the pigs I've kno

Ok and everyone is all about legalizing weed. Ok hold on a second... of course that's common sense... but to expound its medical properties? I don't know about you, but weed just got me high. It actually increased my pain, it's proven medical uses are extremely limited and pretty much subjective. Like it's always some stoner saying I take it for insomnia or whatever? But you say the word 'heroin' and it's taboo, it's like you're an asshole for even mentioning such a thing. Well I'll tell you what it's the best pain med I ever took and it was the happiest I've ever been since I hurt my spine. And I only ever dosed a small, small line when my pain came back. So guess what I'm all for the legalization of heroin, opium, oxycodone, and all opiates / opioids in existence for everyone in the world and especially for anyone who claims to be in chronic pain. It's the choice of the individual and just how is this fucking up society? I'm not even impaired on opiates, I'm energetic and happy. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY OPIATES ARE ILLEGAL, LET ALONE HARD TO GET FOR PEOPLE IN SEVERE CHRONIC PAIN. WHO. GIVES. A. FLYING. FUCK.

Rant concluded.

Last edited:
^Rant welcomed. Yours & Cliffys :)

It sounds very much like one of Rave_itsrealfun's moments. Has anyone been in touch/heard from him? It's been awhile..

Most if not all on this thread are under prescribed or tolerant to their pain pills. It's such a common theme that our doctors either stonewall us after raising our script a few times or lol, tell us that the only thing that gives us any will to keep on going & face another day is not working anymore & we run the risk of being cut off.

You guys said it so well. Nothing more to add here.

Rtp

I'm there with u shroomy, I'm going through very similar shit. The bullshit script just don't cut it after mad yrs and they don't do shit about it. I switched to dope, fuck it!!! If they're not gonna help me then I gotta do something. I'm grateful for having a script at all but wtf good is it if it doesn't help at all? There's sooooo many of us going through the same shit brother, just wanted u to know that your not alone man. This medical system is so fucked up and all the scaremongering by the media is only gonna make it worse. Idk wtf they expect people like us to do, u know? Are we just supposed to shut up and suffer in fear of the dr pulling our scripts because we tell them it's just not cutting it anymore? I did that once and that's exactly what happened, didn't fail a urine, no drug seeking on my record, the dr said I can't write this anymore, u need to go elsewhere, lmfao!!! Their all too worried about their licenses or dealing with the "dea" rotfflmfao! How many of us have heard that "the dea is cracking down and making it hard" lmao! It's getting harder for us patients u fucking assholes! Sry for the rant but seeing ur post just pissed me off cause there's just so many of us suffering for no reason. There's plenty of meds that will help us, a simple adjustment in the dose would do many of us a world of difference but noooooo, u would think the pills were coming outta the drs personal fucking stash or something lol. They take an oath to do no harm, well IMHO they're creating a whole generation of heroin addicts by not prescribing adequate amounts of meds. "Well we don't want u to get addicted", hey asshole, you've had me on oxy15s for 7yrs, guess what, that ship fuckin sailed long ago. I get sick if I don't take my meds so I guess I'm addicted, no way around that. Now write me a proper script so can stop copping dope off Juan Pablo and go back to just getting and eating my pills from the pharmacy, WTF!!!

I couldn't agree more, this week I bought pills thru my mj connect and sadly will likely keep doing so because my PM doc won't write me anything other than the hydro and morphine 30s that I have been on since 2011 !!!! I'm too scared to ask to change again, I did last appt and all he did was change around how much morphine and hydro, telling me that I'm at 110 mg daily which is almost to their "limit" of 120 mg daily. WTF limit? I've never even been prescribed oxy or any of the stronger opiates, hydro is nothing but he makes me feel like I'm on this super high dose of opiates. I don't know what to do, so I score meds off the street now. :(

The prices are astronomical, that's the most annoying part to me. Paying an order of magnitude greater than what I'd pay at a pharmacy. Oxycodone is worth nowhere near (oh fuck, can't mention prices). And they make fake pills these days, I really wish there was no such thing as fentanyl.

At my current dosage I've noticed no side effects at all. Nothing but positives, apart from the physical dependency which really isn't that bad. I had it much worse with weed, honestly. Judging from the one-sided propaganda, shouldn't I be like, begging on a street corner by now and have OD'd multiple times or be deceased? I don't even get psychological cravings at all, opiates are completely non-addictive psychologically to me - even though I adore the high that comes with the pain relief, I never crave more than is necessary to get relief.

I'm sorry if I offend. I have received much help in here.
Look, I could jack up my benzo level to 6 Xanax a day, and maybe 60mg of some codone ending opiate, but I don't. I have safety in place. Let's put it this way, that is a bad combo to get strung out on, or used to it unless you can afford it in the best and worst of times. Some people, including myself may have to reevaluate their situation, to keep things organized.
I was only talking about me in that last post. Not always the case, but I see it that way.

Last edited:
Man I know that we cp patients have a hard time but looks like the guys in the U.S.A have it even harder!! I was dispensed morphine sulphate continius release tablets 2 months ago, give or take as I couldn't afford being on fentanyl patches prescribed by my private doc the consultation and the patches cost me 2000 a month. I went to a pain clinic in Johannesburg, a state hospital. My first consultation was free. The second time I went I had a celiac plexus nerve block done in theatre under genral anesthesia at a whopping 45bucks. .

The 3rd time I went I told the doctor that the block worked and my pain was reduced to about a 3/10. I then told her that I couldn't afford the fent and if she could please assist me in prescribing something else? She said at the state facilities they only got morphine but not to worry she will convert me to that, added some lyrica and apap and that cost me 35bucks!!! Last time I went to see her I told her I get severe bt pain sometimes so she said she'd give me 600mls of instant realease morphine syrup that I can take 5/10 mls (10-20mg) 6hrly and still it was 35bucks.

Now to believe this.. She's Russian too!! Hahaha! Not everyones spetznaz hey?
So these tablets mst continus I got and me wanting to "know it all" I did a search and discovered that a company called NAPP made them. And on that information "leaflet" website I read that a daily use of 21.5 grams have been reported.
That souns hectic but I guess it was a cancer patient or someone severely addicted. Anyway my point im making is that not allot of people know that opiods do not have a "ceiling" of use as it doesn't turn toxic to the body at any dose as for instance apap wich turns hepatoxic damages your liver ect .
And its true with almost all drugs exept opioids. If your tollerant enough you can take a whole gram of morphine

Thats why when I hear doctors saying your near the limit of 120mg like in an above post I cannot believe their arrogance!!
I really hope you guys get your pains resolved soon.
I must state that it took me years to get to where I am now. And dont be afraid to fire your doctors/pain-clinics

Anyway all my best to you guys in the u.s.a with the restrictions and the d.e.a and whatnot.. I feel for you guys.. Allot

S

Hello again everybody. Long story short, I wasn't liking the IR Percocet 5/325, 4x per day. I went in to PM. I asked for ER med, and got prescribed MS Kadien(Morphine ER) 15mg. I think the doctor messed up. Will I receive any decent relief, or am I way under dosed?

It works for some people, my pain re-rolled over it after a few days
first time I took it my stomach thought I swallowed a rock

MS Contin 15 mg hurt my gut, too. It put me in the floor (primal screams) within minutes. I learned quickly NOT to take on empty stomach, but that's part of my GI issues.

It had potential for pain relief, IF I could have tolerated it in my tummy pouch. Oh, and IF it hadn't caused deadly CONSTIPATION my doctor failed to warn me about. It almost put me in the OR. But again, I'm the ENIGMA according to my batshit crazy PM doctor. I think he self-medicates.

No, I don't have unlimited options for PM. It's NOON before the sun rises in my neck of the woods! %)

Hey guys. I'm trying to go back to taking my prescribed oxycontins whole (unchewed) cos the time release makes em less addictive whilst providing excellent pain relief.

In your experience how long you reckon they REALLY act for when you swallow em whole ?

Hello again everybody. Long story short, I wasn't liking the IR Percocet 5/325, 4x per day. I went in to PM. I asked for ER med, and got prescribed MS Kadien(Morphine ER) 15mg. I think the doctor messed up. Will I receive any decent relief, or am I way under dosed?

When I used morphine ER, 30 mg, it worked really well, but it made me CRAZY constipated, too. Weird, it worked perfectly for about 6 months, then really bound me up, and I was taking Miralax every day. That was the only reason I stopped. But I've heard of people reacting badly to it. Let us know how it goes.

Dixie, you would think they would invent something better for GI patients. Constipation can't be good for you! It drives me crazy (all set now with Senna), but I can't imagine if I had GI issues. My friend's son has Chrone's, and he always has the same issue.

fresh cold, sweet watermelon for all?

Status
Not open for further replies.