• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

Thanks for the reply. I know each brain is different. I find the stimulants to help greatly through work. I took 4 days off and will only take an opiate if I absolutely have to. That's why I only took 10mg yesterday and .5 Xanax.

As far as kratom. One dose when I wake up of about 4 grams and a dexadrine gets my day going. Good till around 2pm, then ill do the exact same thing again. Before bed .5mg Xanax and I'm good.

My goal is to flush the opiates I have left once I can go a day without any. Should happen by tomorrow.

For those that don't know, Kratom is a godsend for opiate withdrawal. FYI, all of my drugs are prescribed to me. I never use Xanax, but I always take my dexadrine.

Any input or questions, please do. Good luck to anyone trying to beat this stuff. It is tough.

I am new to bl but have found the forums very helpful. My problem sounds minute to some of yours but comming clean from opiates seems impossible. I have been using around 120mg of oxy daily for about four months now and supplementing with 7,5 norcos and 30mg morphine in between. I have run out of my supply of everything for at least two weeks and am experincing extreme withdraw symptoms, the rls is horrible, especially when the Charlie horses kick in. I have two bulging disks and deteriorative disk disease along with a horrible case of scholeosis(spelling may be incorrect) also siatica caused by the disk poblems, leg pain is immense with out opiates. Anyhow unable to copE with the with the withdraws I took 5 300mg neurotin and 8mg of Imodium and the symptoms have eased however I am experincing an almost out of body experience and my pain is so immense it has caused uncontrollable vomiting. What can I do to ease the symptoms and is Kratom legal in the us? If so where can I locate this "wonder substance"? Thanks for your help everyone. Btw I cleaned up for 6 months about 11 months ago but using the typical NSAIDs and antiimflamitory drugs caused severe stomach and esophageal ulcers and pretty much caused me to relapse:(

Yes, Kratom is legal in most of the US. I think Indiana is the only one I can think of that has made it illegal. It will almost 100% alleviate your symptoms and may actually put you in a good mood. You will need to dose about 4 grams, 3 times a day for the first few days, but then cut back and by day 10 you should be able to put it down without any major withdrawal symptoms.

The amount of Imodium you are taking is only enough to stop the diarrhea. You need more along the lines of 24mg (12 pills) to put a dent in your withdrawals. Take 2-3 tagament with a large glass of white grape fruit juice about 30 minutes prior to the loperamide (Imodium). White grape fruit juice is disgusting, but it does help. Buy knock offs at Walgreens/cvs. Tagament= Cimetidine and Imodium= Lopperamide. Make sure it's just those ingredients. From what I hear, neurontin is a pretty big help.

I am currently taking only kratom 3 times a day with 2.5 mg Vicodin twice daily (morning and evening). It has been almost painless. I did a quick taper as you can read from above. I will be splitting the Vicodin in half tomorrow and will maintain that dose for 2 days and then I'm done. Kratom only for 2 weeks and I will taper that down the whole time and then I'm done completely.

If you're quitting for good, take your time. If you are just maintaining, then have fun with these available products.

As far as Kratom, all you need is the basic Bali powder. It's somewhere in the range of 8-15$ an oz and can be found on the Internet or at the head shop. Head shops will generally gouge you because they are likely buying from the same place you are. If you want to actually catch a nice little buzz, you will want the UEI. Very expensive though.

Let me know if you need anything else. I will gladly pass on any information I have. Wish I knew back then that there were so many things out there that could actually help. Good luck bud

FYI: These are only my experiences. Travel safe my friend.

I will be going to the head shop this evening. The neurotin has helped Bunches but leaves me in a fog like you would not believe. It's like a mushroom/dxm/alcohol hangovers all combined. I am at my doctors office right now and I am going to tell her that my ortho doc has basicky got me hooked over the last four years. When I see my ortho I have told them My medsdont work anymore so they just push the dose higher and I don't want to be high all the time. If I could take it as prescribed I may be better but get a whole script for a month and two weeks later I am withdrawing cause I took extras here and there. I wish doctors would lIsteb instead of just treating us like cattle, push you in cone in and two minutes later get out and here's a script.

Ok being referred to a pain management doc and a sleep doctor. I have been sleeping 16-20 hours a day when I am off work. Not fun. Hopefully the pm doc can put me on some non opioid pain relief(unsure if there is truly such a thing, at least without intestinal side effects.)

Ok so day three:( seems like most of tHe withdrawals are curbed but the pain is excruciating. My sitiaca is absolutely horrible. Anxiety seems only linked to the pain and pretty much nothing else. Sleep comes easily but maybe that's why I am going to the sleep doc:) the head shops don't have Kratom around here:(

wow you sound like youre doing pretty good. i mean you said you had a nasty habit along with some unfortunate pain. i dont understand how you can sleep with excruciating pain and anxiety.

Only an addict would think of this, and believe me, I have no intentions of trying it, but here goes: I'm off work since Thanksgiving and going back in 10 days. I've been doing heroin daily for about a year and a half. (IV) Yesterday I finally ran out of money AND H. I can't honestly say I want to get clean. I lost someone recently and I'm content in my habit for the time being,(not forever). But since I'm starting to kick whether I'm ready or not, I've been doing the lope, DXM, benadryl, and I even just took the last half of my last zani-bar. The ridiculously stupid idea I was pondering was that if lopermide is actually some form of opiod, is there a way to extract the ingredients that help with the symptoms and main-line it? Because that stuff tastes AWFUL. It does seem to help a bit though. I'm not as miserable as the other times I started to get to this point. What does anyone think? Do-able. Or is it just that whole fixation with the needle that's always looking for a way to make a shot out of everything?

no no no. everyone will say no because it's a very, very bad idea. you need to get off that loperamide. it can wreck your body and some have died with high serum levels.

read this: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/530255-Loperamide-Withdrawal

and there is plenty more around here just search for loperamide, imodium, or immodium.

general consensus is loperamide withdrawal is longer and worse than heroin. i hope youre not using much.

Only an addict would think of this, and believe me, I have no intentions of trying it, but here goes: I'm off work since Thanksgiving and going back in 10 days. I've been doing heroin daily for about a year and a half. (IV) Yesterday I finally ran out of money AND H. I can't honestly say I want to get clean. I lost someone recently and I'm content in my habit for the time being,(not forever). But since I'm starting to kick whether I'm ready or not, I've been doing the lope, DXM, benadryl, and I even just took the last half of my last zani-bar. The ridiculously stupid idea I was pondering was that if lopermide is actually some form of opiod, is there a way to extract the ingredients that help with the symptoms and main-line it? Because that stuff tastes AWFUL. It does seem to help a bit though. I'm not as miserable as the other times I started to get to this point. What does anyone think? Do-able. Or is it just that whole fixation with the needle that's always looking for a way to make a shot out of everything?

Absolutely stop even considering IV'ing loperamide right now.. ha. Keep taking it orally if it's helping but... use caution because you can end up with a serious problem because of it. See the link spectre put in his post.

what helped me was switch my diet around. Try not to eat any processed foods and eat a lot, and when I say a lot I mean ALOT of fruits and vegetables. Make sure you have a good amount of fiber intake to help with the diarria as well. To help with the sleeping I bought some melatonin and ate those every night. Hope everything turns out alright and good luck my friend.

Hey guys, I have a question about quitting oxycodone.

I recently made a thread about this topic and got a lot of suggestions and answers and several people suggested "keep a steady blood levels of the drug in your system" while tapering down but I forgot to ask them an important question about this....

Previously I was taking 100mg Oxycodone which consisted of 5 x 20mg Oxycodone instant release capsules.

Now if I decide to take their advice and divide up the 5 capsules so that I'm taking 1 x 20mg every 4 hours that means I've still ended up taking a 100mg in one day.

So my question is what are the benefits of taking 100mg divided into 5 capsules consisting of 20mg doses taken at 4 hr intervals as opposed to eating the entire 100 mg (5x20mg capsules) in one sitting as I used to do?

So technically I am still getting the same amount per day , but will dividing it into every 4 hours benefit me at all? or make it worse for me because then my body become used to having the substance MORE FREQUENTLY because up until now i have only been dosing ONCE A DAY of 100mg.

it helps against the 'peaks and valleys'. less stress on the body. you will need to reduce those dosages though.

Reduce the doses by 2.5-5mg every few days or longer depending on how long you have been taking them (consistently). No more getting high. Just maintain for a few days till you feel normal and reduce again.

Injecting lopperamide? Really? I am scared of needles, so I've never gone that route. Like everyone here says, be careful with lopperamide. It has a long half life and you can become hooked. Use it for a week or two. Reduce your dose daily (since they come in 2mg doses).

I have heard of junkies injecting water. I have no clue as to if this is ok or not. Seriously, no idea.

As far as kratom, order online. Much cheaper and if you have the money, you can have it the next day.

Things that work for me:

Loperamide, 20mg per day: Alleviates physical withdrawal symptoms. Does jack shit for the mental aspect of withdrawing
Tramadol 250mg per day, take all in the morning, too stimulating for night time: Alleviates depression and helps diminish the cravings slightly. I understand you need to have the right liver enzyme for Tramadol to work effectively.
Clonazepam 1,5mg per day, take 0,5mg in the morning. 1,0mg in the evening: Life-saver, takes a huge edge off the withdrawals, watch out for benzo withdrawal, which is worse than opiate withdrawal.
Naproxen 440mg in the morning, 440mg in the evening: Pain killer, NSAID

Other stuff that works for me: Dark chocolate, up beat cheerful music, my favorite ice cream, fruits, fish, vegetables, warm milk, camomile tea, warm baths, tonic water and grapefruit juice, the last two to potentiate the loperamide, clonazepam and tramadol.

What also might work is Lyrica, which I only used recreationally, nevertheless I can see why this would be an effective aid in opiate withdrawal.

Last edited:
lyrica and opiate w/d

Just recently switched from neurontin to pregabalin and wanted to point out how much better Lyrica is for treating symptoms of opiate withdrawal. Once I reached around 8 hrs with no opiates, I took 100mg of Lyrica. I was able to sleep through the night as the restlessness is my main problem and the Lyrica did wonders for that. Keep in mind I woke up with a good amount of chills and I was certainly in withdrawal from opiates. As I reached the 20hr mark I took another 100mg Lyrica dose. This time my stomach and bowels were in greater disarray and the sneezes and watery eyes were in full effect. But the general "madness " of the whole thing was not there.. at least for me as its tied in most with the restlessness and inability to stay still which is what Lyrica helps with the most. It made it so much more bearable …just wanted to share.

Well for me pregabalin is the gold standard for any withdrawal, nonetheless I don't think this asks a specific question so you may want to relegate it to your blog or maybe even write a trip report about it.

I agree with Chromophobia. Since the benefits of Lyrica for opiate WD are relatively common knowledge and you're not asking a question, there's not much to discuss here. I would put this in your blog or idk, trip reports?

Glad to hear that Lyrica helped you.. but, OD really isn't the place to just "share" a personal experience without some kind of question attached to it.

Closed.