• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

I need help detoxing with kratom!

Hi I have been on methadone for about 5yrs I only got up to 75mg and got down to 30mg. However my body would metabolize any less than that and it would not hold for 24hrs. I have decided to quit taking the methadone. I am currently on day 10 of no methadone (thanks to this website) I have tried this many times and by day three-five I just cant bare it anymore (I am a huge wimp when I get sick. and an asshole) This has been the easiest detox I have ever done so far (meaning the ten days). I am worried I still have a long way to go because I used 50-100mg of loperamide the first five days. I had a seziure on day five because I ran out of my benzo script the day before. So day six was a blurr in the hospital (they gave me saline and the most ativan they can give, so the nurse said). I got home and saw that my kratom came in. day seven I took three doses of six gram bali powder (I mixed it with pudding as that is the only way I could stomach it and not taste it at all) and 20 mg lope. today I plan on 3 doses of 5 grams kratom and 15 mg lope. Should I stop the lope? Stop the kratom? Taper both? Also do I have a long way to go for the acute wd and can you tell the difference between acute wd and paws? Thank you in advance.

Also I have been on opiates the majority of my life. Vics at age 13-16, OC's at 17-19, H at 19+ I have jumped around after that from H to dones to bupe and back and forth until the last five years just dones. I am sure I will have to deal with paws because I am 30yrs old so my receptors are saturated. what is the longest case of paws anyone has heard of?

Not a lot of people know about Kratom or how great Kratom can be. After I got out of rehab and started itching for pills again I started taking Kratom and that is what kept me off the pills for 7 months. Once you have ZERO...i mean ZERO tolerance for any opiates...Kratom will feel like a miracle. I had no tolerance and all I had to take was 5 pills twice a day and it was just like a medium-high opiate feel. Even now that i am back on the pills and I have several days that I can't get anything I get Kratom...It doesn't get me high anymore but it eases the W/D and anxiety. I wish I could answer some of your questions but I am not understanding some of your terminology. Sorry. Remember you don't need to take A LOT of Kratom to get high or help W/D. Taking a lot of it will just put you to sleep. Which to me is a waste because you can take a sleeping pill for that.

Thank you mylittleneedle! What did your pills consist of (amount and type of kratom) and were they bought as a pill or did u capsule it. I am trying to find a good schedule that works to detox/taper from methadone using kratom, loperamide, pod tea or any taper method. I also have a 3mg xanax habbit that I am going to kick next.

ok. eleven years of 150 mcg fentanyl transdermal q 48 hours. my mom is facing this shit soon. ive kicked some nasty opiate habits but never anything like this. has anyone been through fent withdrawals of this magnitude? thanks in advance.

One more withdrawal story for the megathread

Been lurking for the longest time, but as I am now on the third day (hour 58) of heroin cold-turkey withdrawal, I figure I minus well add one more personal experience to the withdrawal mega-thread. Just a background to the St Louis scene, our heroin comes in two forms: #4 raw and buttons (I've never seen black tar around here). A button is when raw has been pre-mixed in a coffee grinder with Dormin (otc sleep aid containing an ingredient in Benadryl) and the mix scooped into gel-tabs. Supposedly 50/50, but varies daily (Roughly 50mg dormin//50mg raw).

My first run-in with heroin was for several months in a row last summer, insufflated only, of .2 to .4 of decent STL raw daily. I withdrew cold-turkey, and it wasn't too bad. But silly me, I had this feeling that there was something I had missed, and I eventually returned to the heroin scene, this time with the intentions of seeing what it was like to be an IV user. Strangely, I enjoyed shooting buttons more than raw, the dormin seemed to add to the experience. Now into the 3rd month of being an IV user, I started to realize what being 'strung' out really meant. I've gone, 24, sometimes 48 hours sober a few times over this run, but generally a morning/night shot user. My dosage was kept fairly low still, around 250mg to 300mg daily, never exceeding 500mg.

Anyways, this is a withdrawal thread:

Last shot: 12AM Friday night/Saturday morning, sleep around 3AM.

Day 1 (Saturday): Because of the late dose, no withdrawal effects felt until Saturday afternoon, runny nose, dilated pupils, slightly sore legs, hot/cold. 1mg of xanax to sleep.

Day 2 (Sunday): Woke with severe depressive thoughts. Same symptoms as day 1, by mid-afternoon RLS had kicked in to full effect, pain slowly working its way from my calfs, to thighs, until finally reaching my hips. Very uncomfortable, but not unbearable. Anxiety hit hard. Hot/cold flashes were also very strong. Was able to eat breakfast and dinner, as well as drink several glasses of water. Went for a late night walk to try and ease RLS. Sleep was very hard to come by, even with .5mg of xanax and 300mg of tramadol (which did nothing to reduce symptoms). Finally fell asleep sometime after 3am despite severe RLS. It was a very long day...

Day 3 (Monday - Today): Woke up feeling fairly refreshed, no depression. RLS still lingering, but not painful yet, just a need to constantly move my legs. I haven't done much but sit around in my robe, but as of yet my nose is slightly runny, and a bit cold, but then again its cold outside. Pupils still extremely dilated, somewhat painful to my eyes. But on the whole feeling much better than yesterday morning. Honestly feel I have enough energy to make it out of the house today.

I expected my withdrawals to be much worse this time because of IV ROA, but it seems to be nearly the same as my first round with sniffing the dope. I'm assuming keeping my dosage low has alot to do with the severity of withdrawals.

Hi I am new here so I'm not sure if I am posting in the right place, but can anyone help me answer this question. I been doing Heroin for a bout 5 years but I often lack funds to keep getting high, so I have many sub days(days which I only take suboxone). Is it possible that I am physically addicted to both, and also which one has worse withdrawals? if I choose to take only subs to get away from the dope, and then I get off subs, will it be worse than the heroin withdrawal?

Hi I am new here so I'm not sure if I am posting in the right place, but can anyone help me answer this question. I been doing Heroin for a bout 5 years but I often lack funds to keep getting high, so I have many sub days(days which I only take suboxone). Is it possible that I am physically addicted to both, and also which one has worse withdrawals? if I choose to take only subs to get away from the dope, and then I get off subs, will it be worse than the heroin withdrawal?

Bupe withdrawal is less severe in terms of the actual psychical symptoms, however, it lasts much longer than heroin withdrawal. That's the trade off.

I can't find the best place to post this and there seems to be a lot of people here who would be able to help my dear friend Sal.
Sal has been a heavy opiate user for many years. He's tried every strong opiate under the sun from fentanyl to dilaudid to opanas. He's kicked methadone and alprazolam cold turkey and really has been around the block knows he needs to quit but can't. This leads me to his question. He right now has about .15 twice-three times daily h problem and he has no money's till tomorrow but he has 19 5/325 norcs. Neeedless to say the flu like symptoms he is experiencing are worthy enough to write home about. this leads me to his question, Can he take them all at once on his stomach of steel or will he die of liver failure? Your help is much appreciated

Hi all...this is my first post! I want to say a huge thank you for giving me info about loperamide for withdrawal. I have an illness called RSP. This illness causes all kinds of weird, painful things, mostly involving my feet and legs. My feet have atrophied into what looks like two claws, and I often have massive joint swelling, making joints feel like they are filled with boiling water and sharp knives, sticking me from the inside. I am prescribed fentanyl patches(75 mcg every 48 hours), and these are very effective.

The problem I have been facing of late is that I am going through menopause (I'm 53). I have hot flashes throughout the day and night sweats all night. These issues make my skin constantly wet...kind of hard to keep the patches attached to my skin. They fall off, get lost, at night I find them in the sheets, during the day they are stuck anywhere in my clothes, or gone altogether.

Two months ago,I found myself, for the first time in over four years of wearing them, two days short on my prescription. I had never experienced withdrawal, but boy, I did then. I WAS TERRIFIED! I ended up in the ER, and despite the fact that I held my prescription, which could be filled in two days time, the f!@+#by Dr. told me that she would not "enable me to abuse my medication"and I was sent to detox. What a nightmare! I was horribly anxious, hot and cold, my legs kicking wildly, every awful withdrawal symptom times ten. I was given suboxone and other stuff, but it only helped a little.

So,one day after arriving at detox,my husband picked me up, we went to CVS and filled my prescription. I swore that I would never go through that again. I found your site, and after much reading, decided on keeping a bottle of loperamide, tagamet, and grapefruit juice.

So, thanks again to menopause symptoms,I found myself short on my fentanyl patches. I started the regime with one tagament, followed a half an hour later by a large glass of grapefruit juice, then 50 mg of loperamide. I waited for something to happen, either withdrawal symptoms or maybe a slight opium Buzz?

YAHOO!!!!!!! No withdrawal symptoms at all. I felt a bit sleepy, and fell asleep around 8pm, slept through the night, feeling really good. I repeated the same routine in the morning,than once again that evening. The next morning I got my RX filled.

What a miracle. Thank you a zillion times over. I now have a reasonable way to deal with menopause, fentanyl withdrawal and the horrible symptoms I dealt with before. God bless you!

I'm currently coming off of a 3 month h and oxy habit. I'm on day 2 of no opiates and obviously I feel like shit. I've read pretty much everything on here about WDing and I know what to expect but there's one thing that's really pissing me off: my eyes are FLOODING out water and its getting worse. Not just normal watering but dumping it out preventing me from doing anything to distract from wding. Is there anything known to help with this symptom?

I posted below (#186) about my fentanyl withdrawal story, and how much loperamide helped me. You should read the post. Good luck!

look up taking large amounts of lope or imodium, on my off days ill get the small pill form of i think 2mg each, and ill take about 10 at a time, also take them at night like 11pm and they will last until you wake up you should feel good when you wake up as well. so then take some more, dont get hooked and begin to taper that

I'm currently coming off of a 3 month h and oxy habit. I'm on day 2 of no opiates and obviously I feel like shit. I've read pretty much everything on here about WDing and I know what to expect but there's one thing that's really pissing me off: my eyes are FLOODING out water and its getting worse. Not just normal watering but dumping it out preventing me from doing anything to distract from wding. Is there anything known to help with this symptom?

look up taking large amounts of lope or imodium, on my off days ill get the small pill form of i think 2mg each, and ill take about 10 at a time, also take them at night like 11pm and they will last until you wake up you should feel good when you wake up as well. so then take some more, dont get hooked and begin to taper that

Hey so I have a question I would really like answered ...Do you guys think its better 2 sniff sub if your trying to taper off a dope habit? I have detoxed myself many times an had mixed results but recently I havn't been able to get my hands on alot of sub. This last time I had gone on 3 week H binge than did subs for 5 days gradually less everyday by sniffing than went on another H binge for a week now this time I have 1 and 1/2mg 8mg subs ...I really want to taper off properly an kick this shit for good! I also work pretty much everyday so I cant time off of work ... Do you guys think I should jus snort smaller an smaller lines every 36 hours or should i try an take small peices in my mouth an do it as a doctor would reccomend ... once again I'm not trying to get high I jus want 2 detox with as little pain as possible ...

^ From my knowledge it is better to take it sublingual even if the bioavailability is lower. The reason being a longer duration and thus a more steady plasma concentration with less ups and downs.
But correct me if I am wrong.

Just to encourage you, this is my 8th day of Bupe-WD and it is only the insomnia which annoys me. Always waking up so early and then can't sleep anymore. Only the first 4 days were pretty bad.

Thanks for the response I kinda figured that was the case ... I'm on day 3 off dope right now an feel fine! first day snorted half of a 8mg than the second snorted a 1/4 ... today i havnt done anything yet an still feel normal gona wait as long as i can an take the next lil piece under my tongue an taper from there. I'm hoping it won't be as bad as last time I kicked dope which was before my relaspe was running for a couple years than got detoxed in a medical setting for 5 days but than when they let me out the dreaded sweats an shivers for about a week an couldn't sleep for 2. this time I'm not nearly as bad an need to go to work some I'm hoping its bearable

I can't find the best place to post this and there seems to be a lot of people here who would be able to help my dear friend Sal.
Sal has been a heavy opiate user for many years. He's tried every strong opiate under the sun from fentanyl to dilaudid to opanas. He's kicked methadone and alprazolam cold turkey and really has been around the block knows he needs to quit but can't. This leads me to his question. He right now has about .15 twice-three times daily h problem and he has no money's till tomorrow but he has 19 5/325 norcs. Neeedless to say the flu like symptoms he is experiencing are worthy enough to write home about. this leads me to his question, Can he take them all at once on his stomach of steel or will he die of liver failure? Your help is much appreciated

They say 4000mgs a day is the max so he could take 12 of them a day by that scale but that wont do anything but maybe a little mental well being If you are worried about the tylenol in the norcs Imo I would weigh that with the relief they might bring for a couple hours some people on this sight are going to tell you about cold water this and that if he is sick take the fuckers and he should feel better for a little while nobody wants to mess around with complicated procedures for relief they just want better now.

They say 4000mgs a day is the max so he could take 12 of them a day by that scale but that wont do anything but maybe a little mental well being If you are worried about the tylenol in the norcs Imo I would weigh that with the relief they might bring for a couple hours some people on this sight are going to tell you about cold water this and that if he is sick take the fuckers and he should feel better for a little while nobody wants to mess around with complicated procedures for relief they just want better now.

CWE's are basically the least complicated procedure ever.. Ha.

Is saving your liver not worth a few extra minutes? I mean if your sick you do what you have to do I get that but, it really isn't very hard..

CWE's are basically the least complicated procedure ever.. Ha.

Is saving your liver not worth a few extra minutes? I mean if your sick you do what you have to do I get that but, it really isn't very hard..

If you want this person to believe 19 5/325 norcs are going to fuck up his liver I dont think you should be moderating anything I mean really one time to get by he only has 19 of them you are making me wonder if you really want to help or show how smart you are about taking tylenol out of norcos I could have explained the procedure or better yet gave them a link with pics. I just gave them a simple answer they were looking for and if you can show me one case of 19 5/325 norcos destroying someone's liver. I will never try to help someone on bluelight again. wow