• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

Lope is always an option if you're feeling like shit and have to work that day..

I heard that the problem of opioid WD is the excess of Norephinephrine, is there drugs wich can make avoid that ?

I'm a girl I've just turned 18 and two months ago I came off herion after being dependant for a year I was taking dfs to help the rattle (cold turkey) and became dependant on those aswell so I went cold turkey after that and didn't even take valllies or anything to help with the horror of it all I'm now 100% clean which I did on my own while my 37 year old mum was dying in hospital at the age of 17 I was smoking herion everyday about 3 bags a day and crack at least twice a week I remember getting hot and cold sweats for at least 6 weeks after my detox and feeling really lethargic I seemed to exchange my habit for smoking weed everyday which is obviously nothing towards gear it just helps me forget but nothing's made me want to go back to gear as I'm scared of the w/d is it abnormal for someone my age to have a dependency like this? Plus I have dihydocodiene in my drawer which I've refrained from taking to avoid w/d it's been over two months now can I at least take a 60mg df? I'll be posting more on here

Clonidine is good really helps you to get to sleep which almost seems impossible when w/d and takes the edge of your irritability and anxiety

Hi Lj, welcome to blue light. Dependency can occur at any age, there's babies born dependent on opioids, so no, it's not out of the ordinary.

A one time dose will not make you opioid dependent again, however bear in mind everytime you quit and get clean, dependency occurs easier.

So I took my last 4mg sub Monday. Before that, intake was infrequent. I was alternating taking 2mg here and there, each 2 or 3 days. This followed a light codeine habit.

Actually it's quite easy I don't suffer that much, I almost felt like no WD, only today is not great great, and we are 5 days after last intake, is there chance that i suffer more than it is now ?

So I took my last 4mg sub Monday. Before that, intake was infrequent. I was alternating taking 2mg here and there, each 2 or 3 days. This followed a light codeine habit.

Actually it's quite easy I don't suffer that much, I almost felt like no WD, only today is not great great, and we are 5 days after last intake, is there chance that i suffer more than it is now ?
The characteristics of sub WD tend to be less severe symptoms, that drag on for a few weeks.

So my GUESS would be your symptoms shouldn't get much worse than they are, but they'll be persistent for a few weeks.

Okay. I feel WD a bit now (7 days after last intake) and I need to work Wednesday, but it should be ok. If I needed to go to work today I would probably be able.
I'm a bit cold and that's almost all. And not cold like FUCKING COLD NOTHING CAN BE DONE EVEN 60° BATH that I experienced on heroin WD or jumping from 4mg of sub the last time. Mental is 70%, mental was worst yesterday and Friday (I was almost terrorised by the fact I can't begin working at the normal date and fuck another stuff in my life for 2 day and it was, looking at it now, mental symptom of WD (low "head energy", depression) that was coming. Now mental is better but physically it's a bit more shitty, as usual), so I hope everything is in the right track. I hope nothing will get worst.

I don't know if I can sleep correctly as I down 10mg theralene each night in order to be 100% sure to sleep (sleepless night is no1 problem of extended duration WD)

I can still refill if something get bad, but I really would like take this new opportunity (working) to STOP OPIATES INTAKE.

I really hope this time is the good one :)

aw an emotion
how precious lol was disconnected from them with all these opiates intake

Tomorrow will be the test day, if WD are at same strenght or less it's ball in the park confirmed, or I'm in the shit and work will be a problem wednesday

PS : an advice if you have a light habit and want to take sub for diminished WD : it should work, in this post Ive only done it bad and took to much sub at the end. If you want to avoid strong WD, you can :

- 1 -> test a major dose of sub some hours after your last DOC intake ("major" compared to your addiction), lets say 8mg, then nothing after. The goal is to profit from the long half life and the fact your addiction was light hoping that everything heal with no WD (rationnal abstract : the brain repair at the same speed sub go out of your system.). If I fall back in addiction this will be what I will test. The only difficulty of this method is getting 8mg sub, no more no less. Less : you will perhaps have some symtoms, more : you will binge and make a new problem.

- 2 -> Like Ive done now because of lazyness (didn't want to stop at this moment) : take sub no day by day but each 2 or 3 days. You should be able to do that if your addiction was light before and you want maintenance. There is paper on that on google but that's about doubling the dose in order to take only the other day, what I propose is more light dose each other days, wich should be manageable, and will make you avoid extreme sub withdrawal (this is not something you wan't. If I should re-endure what hapenned 4 month ago, I probably will never stop sub taking. Jumped from 4mg, 2 week with 7h sleep (I downed 30 xanax 0,25 for that night of sleep but I was at the extreme, this was this poor action or hospital for fluid & sleep), 1 month for the head beginning this feeling will not be like that forever, desydrathed, hallucination (probably due to sleepless night), total 1,5 month of horror)

Last edited:
So it's a bit better today, I almost cried from joy when Ive gone out of my house this morning, simply because it was good to be outside doing something without being too much annoyed by WD & at the same time not being on something. It should do the trick for wednesday. At worst Ill perform a bit under my capacity for 3 days, 2 new days of rest, and it should be okay after.

Last time I kicked codeine I resumed the habbit (light - 300mg 2days / 3) because 2 week after I had still some symptom. I bet I'm ready for that now, we are already on the second week... I fear that since Ive done thru subutex major withdrawal, every withdrawal is augmented duration now shit :/

Damn I don't know what to do. One minute I puff 2 time, other Im trying to make orange juice, other trying to sleep for 10s then back standing...

edit : I'm taking 20mg of theralene with still bad sleep (I don't get it, in normal situation 10mg knock me out for 15 hours), do you think clonidine is a better option at this stage ? (I'm at day 8, today Ive done things, I'm on the other side but I would like to be certain to sleep because of work wednesday). I can have a prescription but I'm not sure it will be really gainfull at day 8...
I wan't to avoid benzo as I downed already 15mg of xanax wich lead to 2 day of major brainwash at the beginning of the WD process. I don't take alcohol and I wan't to limit pot (it does help a bit for sleeping but clearly not enough)

Last edited:
Approx 12 hours from work.
Feeling blah.
Nothing major

Clonidine is prescription only and ive not time now to get it. Not sure if it help at d9

Yes

Gone to work today. Like a boss.

Wait, no. Trashed the toillet, was tired like never.... Hopefully not much attention on myself

I am quitting a year long methadone habit and using gabapentin. Just wondering if I'm gonna have withdrawals from the gabapentin if i only use it for a week or so?