• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

Hi all. As I sit here crying. Here is my problem and why I relapse. I am able to get thru opiate withdrawal. But then like clockwork after withdraw is gone post 5 or 6 day, so basically around 12 days of no opiates my restless legs restart. I mean they r extreme. Feels like electrodes. I can't hack it and opiates is the only thing that stops it. I didn't have rls before I started taking opiates. Anyone else have this problem. I understand having rls during withdrawal but after 10 days clean and withdraw over?. I feel I'm doomed. Did I do something to my brain which is causing rls even after withdraw is over. Please help

Hi all. As I sit here crying. Here is my problem and why I relapse. I am able to get thru opiate withdrawal. But then like clockwork after withdraw is gone post 5 or 6 day, so basically around 12 days of no opiates my restless legs restart. I mean they r extreme. Feels like electrodes. I can't hack it and opiates is the only thing that stops it. I didn't have rls before I started taking opiates. Anyone else have this problem. I understand having rls during withdrawal but after 10 days clean and withdraw over?. I feel I'm doomed. Did I do something to my brain which is causing rls even after withdraw is over. Please help
yep your dopamine levels are still low, this is the cause of the post acute WD rls.. It corrects itself with time. Doing things to increase your levels will expedite the process.

EXERCISE. Get a good, hard workout in during the day, then before bed, do some stretching, and LIGHT exercise, some squats, and laying on your side and raising your legs is a good one, but only do it til you feel the burn, don't push too hard before sleep. You don't want to get your heart pumping TOO much right before sleep. This will help your brain replenish those depleted dopamine levels faster as mentioned above.

Trust me, I know what you're going through. I have had to do quite a few terrible cold turkey WDs in places like jail, and this is how I managed the restlessness. After a couple months of doing this you'll get a routine of it and next thing you know you have strength again and love yourself :).

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that a light exercise on especially your quadriceps (thigh muscles) and your glutes (yes, ass muscles) are best before sleep, because they are the largest muscles on your body. If those muscles are relaxed, your whole body is pretty much relaxed. It also wouldn't hurt to throw in just a few push ups, your pectorals (chest muscles) are bigguns too. You just want to do enough that these muscles can get loose and be happily relaxed before sleep.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that a light exercise on especially your quadriceps (thigh muscles) and your glutes (yes, ass muscles) are best before sleep, because they are the largest muscles on your body. If those muscles are relaxed, your whole body is pretty much relaxed. It also wouldn't hurt to throw in just a few push ups, your pectorals (chest muscles) are bigguns too. You just want to do enough that these muscles can get loose and be happily relaxed before sleep.
It is so true that you MUST exercise to beat opiates. That is why the saying "Only the Strong Survive" applies to he who wants to conquer his addiction! Good Luck! I prefer walk/jogs ;)

Hi all I apologize if this has been gone over. I UTFSE but had no luck. Has anyone tried RSO Oil for WD's?
I just jumped from a 250-300mg oxy a day habit. Been on opiates over five years. Only jumped bc my supply ran out. I am at 86 hrs opiate free. I am dosing about a gram a day of homemade RSO. So far very mild WD's. Didn't miss any work. Even managed a good mood at times. Minor irritation at other times. No appetite despite the RSO. No diarrhea. Had some weird twitchy feeling in arms and legs around hour 40. Took two Lyrica and went to sleep. Over slept for work by three hrs yesterday. My question is how is this possible? I should be dying.

To be honest I've never heard of "rso", but if it's effective in comabating opioid wds, I would suggest starting a new thread about it! that way more people can hear about it, and more people can discuss it, maybe you'll get more answers.

RSO is Rick Simpson Oil. It's a full plant extract of marijuana. I cannot believe how good I feel 96 hrs in. It's amazing. 250-300mg oxy a day. No taper no nothing. Haven't even taken the tramadol I have on back up.
Would really like a discussion on this. Not sure how this is possible.
If I should start a new thread please let me know where. I am a greenie still.

Well cannabis always is a staple withdrawal aid for me and is for a lot of users especially good at combating the gastrointestinal discomfort and restless legs syndrome as well as reversing the terrible depression that comes with serious opiate withdrawal

I have always been a cannabis smoker. Previous experiences jumping I've actually had to quit smoking as it made things worse at times. However using Thc oil has been a completely different experience.

I'm not talking about relieving WD symptoms. I'm saying I've had no symptoms past the 50hr mark. The worst before that was the weird feeling in my arm. Never hurt or had stomach cramps. Minor RLS in my arm was the worst symptom. Worked all four days and didn't have a problem. Have slept more over the last four days then the entire two weeks before. That's in full blown WD. I just don't understand how this is working. I am amazed.

I told a friend I was going to have to go through WD and asked her to keep an eye on me. She kept asking how long it had been. As I passed each 12hr mark she just got more amazed as she had been through a hellish WD off a much smaller habit. All this to say again, how is this possible?

I was on 85 mg of methadose (methadone) and I have stopped CT. It is day 7. I feel Shakey , hot, cold chills, can't sleep, feel anxious and have had minor arm and leg twitching. Is it gonna get worse or am I lucky and I've skipped the worse? I was using meth and weed for a few days and maybe I went through the process and didn't feel it due to the other drug? I'm reading about how horrible the withdrawal will be so it's freaking me out. I never done H. I was on methadone for crohns disease pain.
Any input will be greatly appreciated thanks again. Teri.

I was on 85 mg of methadose (methadone) and I have stopped CT. It is day 7. I feel Shakey , hot, cold chills, can't sleep, feel anxious and have had minor arm and leg twitching. Is it gonna get worse or am I lucky and I've skipped the worse? I was using meth and weed for a few days and maybe I went through the process and didn't feel it due to the other drug? I'm reading about how horrible the withdrawal will be so it's freaking me out. I never done H. I was on methadone for crohns disease pain.
Any input will be greatly appreciated thanks again. Teri.
Why are u quitting methadone for your Crohns?

I've been taking around 1 1/2 tabs a day of 10/325 norcos (for 45 days) and I've tapered down. I'm still hurting and suffering. The Opiate withdrawal is causing a horrible nerve pain in the genitals. I originally got the pills for Hip pain. The withdraw is causing discomfort in my lady parts so I go back and nip just enough to relax that nerve that flares up each time I withdraw. I want to stop all Norco so I have this small bottle prescribed of 5/325 tylenol 3. It has 20 pills. I cut them all in half and and was going to take a 1/2 a 5/325 T3 as needed. I put 4 nickels in a coin purse and each time I go to the cabinet to get a cup of coffee I'll take a nickel out and put it in the shot glass and grab out a half tab of the codeine. When the nickels are all gone I'm done for the day. Each time I stare at the nickels and look at the clock. Sometimes I walk away and come back an hour later knowing I've spread out the time better. So, instead of 1 1/2 tab a day of 10/325 Norco for 45 days I'll be taking 2 tabs of T3 5/325 spread out over the whole day. Do You Think This is conservative enough? Is this any kind of progress? After 10 days of that should I be able to be physically free? Keep in mind I'm not emotionally attached. Only Physically.

I'm 2 and a half weeks off of a long 2 mg suboxone regime and have been using OxyContin to help but I think I've just replaced one for the other because the symptoms are just as bad when I stop the oxys,especially when I wake up feeling like shattered shit.I also caught some stomach bug just before I ran out of suboxone which didn't help,anyone had the same experience? My legs twitch like crazy and I never get any sleep so My mental state is getting worse.

I'm 2 and a half weeks off of a long 2 mg suboxone regime and have been using OxyContin to help but I think I've just replaced one for the other because the symptoms are just as bad when I stop the oxys,especially when I wake up feeling like shattered shit.I also caught some stomach bug just before I ran out of suboxone which didn't help,anyone had the same experience? My legs twitch like crazy and I never get any sleep so My mental state is getting worse.
Why would you upgrade to Oxy? I've been using what I call "The Nickel Method" I quarter my T3 and put a nickle in a shot glass each time I take basically a crumb. When my 4 nickels are gone I'm done. I'm only at day 3 but I think it's working. I just hope the T3 is a downgrade from Norco 10

Ratched are you sure they are T3s? They are 30/300 Codeine/APAP. I will write more when you answer.