• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Old and Overgrown Methylone Thread (11-2002 to 2-2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xorkoth said:
Redosing is not very effective for me but some people find that it works for them. 175mg should be enough for a decent experience with some good euphoria, although my favorite dose is 175-200mg rectally, which is equal in power to about 250-275mg orally. But 175mg should have done something very noticeable. My guess is the food in your stomach absorbed a lot of the methylone, and by the time you were able to digest it, it was too late to get much of an effect from it.

I guess your right about the meal taking away some of the power in the methylone. But right now i feel the euphoria(can you say it like that?) its not much..but im in a very nice "feel good" mood. Its nothing overwhelming or extreme, but just pleasent. Absolutely above normal mood.

I will sure take a higher dose on an empty stomach next time, what about tolerance on methylone. How far between times to be able to do the same dose again with the same effects?

Yeah, you may be feeling a little buzz from it, but a full dose of methylone has a very powerful euphoria that is quite a bit like MDMA (only more sober and less pushy). You would certainly realize you had gotten full effects if you had taken a full dose. :)

I'd wait a few days anyway. I have taken it a few days in a row before but it gets less effective each time. Wait a week or so to be absolutely sure, and don't start doing it regularly or it will become less profound.

Xorkoth said:
Yeah, you may be feeling a little buzz from it, but a full dose of methylone has a very powerful euphoria that is quite a bit like MDMA (only more sober and less pushy). You would certainly realize you had gotten full effects if you had taken a full dose. :)

I'd wait a few days anyway. I have taken it a few days in a row before but it gets less effective each time. Wait a week or so to be absolutely sure, and don't start doing it regularly or it will become less profound.

I hope so, or it would be quite a disapointment..even though the euphoria is quite nice even in just a little mood boost! A small methylone dose could be quite nice sometimes.

Xorkoth said:
Next time don't take it after a meal... methylone starts to come up in 15 minutes usually. I generally reach a peak by 30-45 minutes. It's very fast.

Rectally I was 'coming up' and peaking in 15minutes. There was NOTHING to distinguish the comeup from the peak. One minute I was COLD sober (laying on the floor with my pants off thinking when it would start) then the next I was peaking, very very hard.

yes the come up is pretty fast, much like mdma - if i have taken it on an empty stomach, it starts to come on in about 5 minutes sometimes

^^ Like MDMA but much faster even. Or did you mean that once it starts to come up, you're peaking? That I have found to be true with both. Methylone is just faster to start. I've never had oral MDMA come up until about 45 minutes at minimum, whereas oral methylone starts in 15 minutes or so. Rectal MDMA starts faster, maybe within 15 minutes.

Alright, I am looking to do a trial of some recently acquired Methylone and have a few questions. I plan on "tasting" a tiny amount to make sure there is no unexpected allergic reaction with trying a new substance. Afterwards I plan on dividing 1000mg into 5 equal piles.

After having a bad experience with eye-balled and intra nasal 2-CB in the past I would like to be extra careful this time around. I understand that the dosage for Methylone is significantly higher than the 2-Cx compounds.

Anyways, would anyone have suggestions or comments on this route of exploration?

Spellbino said:
After having a bad experience with eye-balled and intra nasal 2-CB in the past
No shit!!

Dividing a gram into 5 piles will be fine, the difference between a few mg, or even a few ten's of milligrams aint a great deal with Methylone.

But anyway, it appears you can get hold of drugs which require weighing. Do the right thing and get some scales :)

I don't know...

I could definitely take too much M1 by accident that way, and have an unpleasant time. The last time I got M1, either through generosity or a fuckup, I got 1.6g instead of 1g. I wouldn't have noticed unless I weighed it.

Don't be "that guy", guess, and get yourself into trouble.

Yeah I understand that. Moreover, I always fear the compound to be something else entirely that would give a terribly unpleasant trip at the ~200mg dosage level. However I don't have the equipment (nor do few, besides chemists) to test it. That is another reason I will "taste" it at the 2-5mg level.

I do have access to a .1g accuracy palm scale and could use this to discern if the amount has been greatly over weighed.

^^ A .1 gram scale is sufficient to tell approximately how much methylone you have. You may be off by 100-200mg, but with methylone that's not a huge deal.

Still, I would recommend buying a mg scale. You can get a basic one for pretty cheap. Mine was $60 with shipping and it works pretty well. Well enough for measuring single doses of anything that isn't very dose-sensitive.

An average-sized capsule shell will hold approx 250-300mg of methylone. A fairly big one might hold up to 450-500mg.

I helped a scaleless friend to dose by filling an average.sized capsule shell with exactly 175mg, checked with my scale. My friend can now fill any empty capsule of this type to the same height as the reference capsule and know that the dose is 175mg - more if it's higher, less if it's lower. Good, innit? ;)

I really can't imagine too much methylone, either. Well, I could, but it would be a lot more than the standard dose. For example, if I were to try to measure 200mg and get 300 instead, I'd still be fine and have a good time.

Still, invest in a scale. It's not expensive for an adequate one.

I tried it today too for my first time..i really like this one! ;) Though it feels like it can be quite addictive..

^^ It surely can be... I've really never encountered anything but methylone that compulsed me to dose every day until it's gone and redose to try to prolong the high even though I know it won't work much at all.

it is possible to keep methylone around and not use it. requires determination though

Xorkoth; it sure is. I really felt quite an urge to redose after it started to fade. This is some dangerous stuff ;) It's really expensive though..not sure its worth it. [no price discussion, you bad boy]

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand the urge to re-dose on it, but I have no compulsion to take it every chance I get or anything remotely like that. I've got some stuff from the beginning of last year (when I got the 1.6g instead of 1g). I kind of doubt I'll ever take it again. I've been doling it out to friends interested in trying it.

I couldn't possibly see myself ever getting to the point of having anything I'd think of as a methylone habit.

When I have a stash of MDMA or opiates, its hard not to get into it more frequently than is wise, but I don't normally have a prob w/ self control there (well, I frequently give in to the opiates, but never have more than a few days to a week or two's supply worst case).

I get way worse comedown effects from methylone than I do from MDMA. The MDMA 2nd or 3rd day hits kind of hard, and I'm definitely depressed (very prone to depression though), but at the end of the week I'm ok, and a few days later its like it never happened.

With methylone, I feel very scattered and brain-fogged for several days, and then depressed after the fog clears. This takes maybe 2-3 weeks to completely clear sometimes if I take larger doses (or god forbid, I redose. I pay a heavy penalty for that).

Air said:
About how much do you(all) pay for a gram?

Price discussion isn't allowed here, so unfortunately I can't tell you ;)

Ximot said:
it is possible to keep methylone around and not use it. requires determination though

Well, of course it's possible; anything is possible with willpower. However, of everything I've ever used, methylone is one of the most difficult for me to control. It's a wonderful but dangerous combination of an outstanding euphoria coupled with a lack of side effects (aside from short-term comedowns). I never developed any sort of habit with it, but that's probably only because it's not physically addictive and there's no way I could justify spending so much money on something that disappears after you use it. If I had it around at all times, I would be compulsed to use it every day.

I think the only thing harder to control that I've encountered has been opiates once you develop a habit.

That's odd, Fizzacyst... for me methylone leaves no trace after the comedown (which can be coke-like and unpleasant sometimes). I have never experienced depression, scatteredness, or anything like that even after going through over a gram in 3 consecutive days with redosing each day. MDMA on the other hand completely destroys me after a single use even if I haven't had it in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.