• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Old and Overgrown Methylone Thread (11-2002 to 2-2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bet@

Bluelighter
Mods:
Searched Psychedelic and OD forums and archives for "METHYLONE" with no results. This thread may be better in another forum. Feel free to move it. I put it in this forum because I read MorningGlorySeeds's trip report on Erowid.
So what’s the deal with Methylone? What are the legal issues for someone in the USA? Is it widely available? Is it a specialty thing that needs to be bought illegally? I read a few trip reports on Erowid, and would like a bit more information. It sounds like fun. Most sites haven’t been very helpful.

methylone is the beta-ketone of mdma (its methylenedioxymethylcathinone). supposedly the effects are similar to mdma, but without any serotonergic properties (think mbdb, except thats like mdma minus any dopaminergic properties).
methylone isnt scheduled, so technically its legal, but i'm sure you could EASILY get popped by the analogue laws, about as easily as you could get popped for having 2ci, which they'd say is an "analogue" of 2cb.

Covered by the analogue act in US as structurally is an overlay of methcathinone and MDMA, used to be available for a narrow select elite group of people for some months and has stopped being available for more than a year now.
[ 31 October 2002: Message edited by: Meilikhios ]

Methylone is awsome. Too bad it's no longer available on the grey market. Good luck finding it. I don't know what to add that the others didn't.

All it did for me was constrict my pupils, make my teeth grind, and make my penis shrivel up to being almost inside of me. Didn't notice any positive side effects, but it may have been my state of mind, since I had just gotten kicked out of a club.
Or maybe i didn't dose high enough?

What was your dosage? I found below 160 to 170 mg to be too low. The magic is found around 200 mg. And yes, your state of mind can have a lot to do with it. Methylone is a fickle chemical. Nothing short of the best set and setting is what is needed for a worthwhile experience IMO.

from what i've read, the combination of mbdb and methylone feels exactly like mdma

I tried 150 mg of methylone and 150 mg of MBDB. In my opinion, it was mediocre at best. The main feature was a raging headache. Whatever enjoyment I got out of it wasn't really worth it.
Of course, my reactions to most substances are quite different than others', so YMMV I'm sure.

There are a few MBDB/methylone combo reports on a private message board I am on. The do not suggest the combo results in a very MDMA-like experience.

Methylone was some fantastic stuff, indeed. A true shame its gone.

Methylone Reports?

Not entirely sure if this was appropriate, but it seems to me that it's acceptable within the forum guidelines...
There's a bit of a dearth of methylone reports on erowid, bl, .. basically everywhere. If you, AFOAF, or SWIM has sampled this material, I would greatly appreciate it if you'd be willing to write up a report and post it to the Trip Reports forum. Given the lack of information about this material, I'm sure such a report would be of great benefit to the community at large.
peace

It might benefit the community at large, or then again it might also generate the same kind of hype that surrounded 2C-T-7, AMT and 5-MeO-DIPT, and result in the rather quick scheduling of this compound. Considering the chemical structure of this molecule, I think its a prime candidate for a very swift emergency scheduling. When people try it and decide they think its worthwhile to post trip reports, they will do so. Encouraging reports is a great way to stir up the hype machine. We really don't need that hype machine cranking back up again this soon. The corpses of 2C-T-7 and the piperazines aren't even cold yet, and AMT and 5-MeO-DIPT are still on life support. Lets not rush to line more chemicals up for the grave by being indiscrete.

*Spits on the corpse of piperazines. Good fuckin' riddance.*
.. But that's not the point. I'm not trying to generate hype, nor do I think a few trip reports are going to immediately result in methylone being scheduled, or even dramatically accellerate it's being scheduled. There's currently maybe a dozen reports available from various public sources, max. While this may be all well and good from the point of view of someone who already has first-hand experience with the chemical, an individual who is trying to determine an appropriate dosage (based on body weight?), timeline of effects, and just what to expect from the experience in general is practically left in the dark.
Yes, there is some information regarding this compound publically available, but it's still too sparse to be considered anything other than anectdotal.
*Spits on the grave of 5-MeO-DiPT*
I suppose that a private message board would be the most appropriate place for such reports at this point in time. Hrmmm....
peace
[edit: typo]
[ 31 January 2003: Message edited by: fict ]

A wee bit of hypocracy in the air. Unless I'm mistaken, you've both either written or been a main character in reports that are currently available. No matter, I suppose. ... Guess I'll just have to write up my own damn report, hopefully this weekend....

I see no hypocrisy... whole lot of difference between quietly publishing a report on an obscure substance and posting a "Hey, everyone post reports on this stuff!" post to a high traffic forum. You might not be trying to generate hype with that, but as far as unintended consequences go, thats a pretty likely result.

^^^^
I think the debate is getting a bit stale...
Anyway, I think that the more information that is available to the community, the better off the community is as a whole. I think that if anyone has information regarding this particular chemical, it would be a service rather than a detriment to the community.
Information needs to be shared. Admittedly, there is a trade off in disclosing this information to the world on a public board. We obviously don't know who is watching, taking little notes, giving their supervisors a new list of chemicals of concern. . . .... .
I, for one, would rather see that accurate information be available to anyone interested, not contained in a small, elitist circle of those deemed worthy, and repression of this information should *not* be encouraged.
... but is it appropriate to encourage individuals to write about their personal experiences? That's a bit of a tough one, and I can see your point... I'm torn. On one hand, it would allow more people a better understanding of the chemical, but on the other hand, hype could be generated, leading to methylone's eventual scheduling. But why were TFMPP and BZP scheduled? Because of internet hype? No, I don't think so. More likely that they were found, albeit infreqeuntly, in pills sold as ecstasy. Will methylone eventually share this fate? Almost definately. The question then, is will it be scheduled because of internet hype, or because a batch of pills containing methylone were confiscated? Or a little of both?
2C-T-7 was scheduled after becoming fairly popular, and it too was found in pills sold as E. That, in addition to the media attention surrounding related deaths surely contributed to the scheduling.
Will methylone be subject to these same circumstances? Given cost of manufacturing methylone compared to manufacturing MDMA, why would anyone bother selling methylone as MDMA? One could argue that methylone manufacture is legal, but if it were pressed into pills, it would, without a doubt, fall under the analogues act. No question about it... The point?
When MDMA is readily available to the masses, costs as much as or less than methylone, why would the average joe bother? What niche could it possibly fill? I have a difficult time seeing why methylone would ever become popular among the masses, and I don't expect that it will escape the fairly small circle of "resarches" who have access to it.
.....count the contradictions.........

I'm trying this substance once I get a free day, chances are within a week. I don't feel like posting a report, but I'll send one to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.