The Official Recommend New Tunes to People Thread

If you're looking for something quite chilled and slow, but still deep and dirty, I'd suggest some: Nagual Sound Experiment, Scuba, Four Tet and/or anything on Text Records

Enjoy
--J

You should hear it in an SUV with one 18 inch subwoofer and 2000 watts :D all kinds of asses will get kicked

The sickest live set you've ever heard! - Check it out!

OK so I'm currently waiting for a load of my CDs and DVDs to be shipped from Australia to England............including a real favourite of mine - Anthony Rother's 'This Is Electro' boxset. I'm seriously missing being able to watch his live set from Fuse, Belgium.........

........at least I was missing being able to watch it...........until I just did a google search for it, and low and behold, someone has uploaded the whole set!!!!

If anyone fancies a listen, it's here - there's no need to download anything - it just streams straight from the website

This was the set that got me into Anthony Rother in the first place. Would love to know what other people think of it!

Enjoy!

P.S. I recommend you turn the bass up!!!

OK so I'm currently waiting for a load of my CDs and DVDs to be shipped from Australia to England............including a real favourite of mine - Anthony Rother's 'This Is Electro' boxset. I'm seriously missing being able to watch his live set from Fuse, Belgium.........

........at least I was missing being able to watch it...........until I just did a google search for it, and low and behold, someone has uploaded the whole set!!!!

If anyone fancies a listen, it's here - there's no need to download anything - it just streams straight from the website

This was the set that got me into Anthony Rother in the first place. Would love to know what other people think of it!

Enjoy!

P.S. I recommend you turn the bass up!!!

Music's pretty solid, but the vocal thing is annoying, and the guy comes off as a bit creepy even. 5/10.

Music's pretty solid, but the vocal thing is annoying, and the guy comes off as a bit creepy even. 5/10.

Glad you liked the music part! I guess those vocodered vocals are the kind of thing you either love or hate. Personally I love them (but then I also love Kraftwerk, who use similar vocoder effects on their vocals) - I think they sound futuristic (especially seeing as the lyrics are all about computers, machines, technology etc etc).

As for you thinking he's a bit creepy, personally I don't think he's at all creepy. I just think he's very.........well............German!!!

There's a bit at the end of the penultimate track (Live Is Life) where he starts crying. Its amazing to see just what music and performing clearly mean to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YtP0zLbfNc Tim Green-Mr.Dry

Saw this guy play out yesterday, totally killed it, and he looks like a treasure troll!

I should really like Tim Green - Lee Burridge (my fav DJ) rates him highly - so much so that he's recently been making tracks with him. But to be honest, everything I've heard from Tim Green so far has bored me. The above track is no exception - boring bleepy bloppy minimal. I haven't yet heard any of his collaborations with Burridge, but I'm not optimistic :(

I should really like Tim Green - Lee Burridge (my fav DJ) rates him highly - so much so that he's recently been making tracks with him. But to be honest, everything I've heard from Tim Green so far has bored me. The above track is no exception - boring bleepy bloppy minimal. I haven't yet heard any of his collaborations with Burridge, but I'm not optimistic :(

He really uses cool bass lines, and he looks like a treasure troll! Not sure if he's coming somewhere near you(wherever that may be), but if so, SEE HIM!!!!

He brought the heat, had me going bananas even though I was a euphoric pile of goo.