The Official Recommend New Tunes to People Thread

Benn Jordan (The Flashbulb)'s new album "Love As A Dark Hallway".

Not sure if it has been released officially yet, but it can be found online for download.

Benn Jordan's newest album offers a change of pace from his usual releases under The Flashbulb monicker. Instead of lengthy and diverse blends of ideas and genres, Love As A Dark Hallway is a more brief and focused showcase of Jordan's compositional and performance skills, most notably in jazz guitar and piano. More importantly, the album attempts to bridge the electronic and avant-garde genres of Jordan's notoriety with the jazz virtuoso genres that have inspired his work throughout his life.

ambient electronic guitar idm jazz post-rock

It's really, really good.

Thanks man, I'm checking the essential mix right now. The "Jay-Z" threw me off for a second.

"What song is this a remix of? Wait a minute lo- oh, an hour long?! Oh this is a mi-. James. James Zabiela. I see what you did there."

Are people aware of the State of Trance 500 series? I didn't even notice it was going on, although I don't pay much attention to live trance performances because there's not really any in the midwest US for me to see. But I stumbled onto the compilation online searching for something and snagged all 5 days of music, recorded amazingly. I got lucky with that decision.

I haven't even made it through the whole thing yet really and I keep finding more and more sets that just blow me away. This weekend I found a new favorite set:

tiDy in Sydney - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnOUEFLKPEE - recording without video footage

There's some videos too but I haven't found any with good audio quality and the songs I thought were the best. It looked like quite the set... we may have had more fun at Bassnectar in EFF this summer though, hard to say ;P (I did make that one).

If you like ______ then check out _______.

Sorry mod's I didn't see any posting like this before but I would love to get some recommendations on some new artists, be it House, progressive, dubstep and good ol' Drum and Bass

I'm really diggin'

Bjornberg

Anyone else I should be checking out?

I'll list some EDM artists that I really like... here we go....
Minnesota, MartyParty, ill.gates, opiuo, freddy todd, dcarls, lone, tycho, pantyraid, porter robinson, mimosa, teengirl fantasy, toro y moi, pretty lights, vibesquad, zed's dead, nit grit, guttstar, gladkill, nicoluminous, etc. This list mostly consists of dub, glitch hop, downtempo, you name it. Enjoy